t.r.u.s.t. dec. 4 in l.a.-meetup?

I just thought I should post the 100th message for this thread.
smile.gif
If anyone actually went to TRUST, and got inside, how was it?
------------------
-=+{PLUR!}+=-
....Motab....

Well, After waiting in line for a mere three hours, me and my crew got in at 2:45. But before I go any further, I have to say that I had so much fun standing in a line. Yeah, it might sound a bit wierd, but for three hours in an alley I had a damn good time! The first two hours there were so many people rolling (already dropped first pill before realizing they'd never get in) including like half of my group, so the vibe was awesome, and because a bunch of us brought our own glowsticks (thinking it was indoor/outdoor) we were tripping people out and giving light shows. And I met a bunch of people and... and... hey...there's nobody in front of me... oh yeah, we've been in line for a rave!!!!! that's right.........
"what's that MR. Security guy, we get to go inside this building? Really??"-Danny aka Friendly E (you can quote me on that
smile.gif
)
So when we made it inside, it was pretty cool (for the FOX). The lighting was nicely done with two huge-ass nu-salt lasers and various colored lights. You could sorta tell it wasn't meant for a small-ass indoor venue. And it was crowded... really, really crowded.
And then... all of a sudden... the music stops and Christopher Lawrence comes on. I was so happy! I thought I'd missed him. But his set was ok, nothing special, he's done better. Barry Weaver's, however, was exceptional. My last complaint was the speakers. They had the Tonka system that you can climb into
smile.gif
, but they just weren't loud enough
frown.gif
Overall, I'd give it a 6 outta 10 with 10=arrakis (my first and best
rave), electric daisy
1=angelik
btw- I think it's awesome our thread is 3 pages. So cal bluelighters rock. Plur at its finest.
Hey... that might make a cool slogan. How about a shirt that says
"BLUELIGHTERS...
PLUR at its finest"
or something? Hmmmmmmmmm... well, just an idea
------------------
Love
is letting go
of fear

Hi guys,
TRUST did actually turned out to be excellent besides disappointment of not meeting yous. Music and light show and even sitting in the theater seats was very good.My friend and I kept our eyes out for you--asked some guy if he was motab and he said he didn't have any.We got into the fox right away since we cut the line by prentending to look at wedding cakes between the alley line and the line at door-then merged into door line. this is not a very friendly thing to do, but since the security guards were so evil and the promoters basically screwed us, we felt it was justified. The security lady took everything from bag and hat, but some cool guy at door took in my cigarettes. Later heard that some of our friends actually waited 5 hours in that cold line and still but the show.
Thomas Michael was great and met him rolling and smiling after his set- gave me a shoulder squeeze--think he's more into it than some people think. He was probably the one guy wearing orange that we didn't ask if he was Motab.
By 5:30 the rave reached its peek --perfect vibe--everyone was crazy together with the music--then at 6:00 sharp they pulled the needle from the record. no more than 2 minutes later we had security guards yelling at us to get out. It was such a let down as we thought we had one more hour. We had been there for 8 hours, but it was sad. Wasn't TRUST originally supposed to be until 12pm?
I hate to be skeptical for first post and it doesn't really matter, but I wonder if they ever had permit for outdoor indoor spot, 26 DJS fire pits bring tents, all the things ravers would love and be ready to spend $25. I do think the party was well worth the cash, but defintiley was a lot cheaper option for promoters. Got the flier in October... Couldn't they have arranged a better back up plan than the fox in the time where people wouldnt' have had to wait in line all night?! Angelik was the same story--last minute crappy location...It seems to me that they need to reserve La Casa and Fox way in advance too..?? Guess it is pretty easy to scam people this way building up a major hype --Do you think this happens a lot??
Anyway, in the case of trust the music was so good that it didn't matter.
Hope to meet up with you another time!

Hi guys,
TRUST did actually turned out to be excellent besides disappointment of not meeting yous. Music and light show and even sitting in the theater seats was very good.My friend and I kept our eyes out for you--asked some guy if he was motab and he said he didn't have any.We got into the fox right away since we cut the line by prentending to look at wedding cakes between the alley line and the line at door-then merged into door line. this is not a very friendly thing to do, but since the security guards were so evil and the promoters basically screwed us, we felt it was justified. The security lady took everything from bag and hat, but some cool guy at door took in my cigarettes. Later heard that some of our friends actually waited 5 hours in that cold line and still but the show.
Thomas Michael was great and met him rolling and smiling after his set- gave me a shoulder squeeze--think he's more into it than some people think. He was probably the one guy wearing orange that we didn't ask if he was Motab.
By 5:30 the rave reached its peek --perfect vibe--everyone was crazy together with the music--then at 6:00 sharp they pulled the needle from the record. no more than 2 minutes later we had security guards yelling at us to get out. It was such a let down as we thought we had one more hour. We had been there for 8 hours, but it was sad. Wasn't TRUST originally supposed to be until 12pm?
I hate to be skeptical for first post and it doesn't really matter, but I wonder if they ever had permit for outdoor indoor spot, 26 DJS fire pits bring tents, all the things ravers would love and be ready to spend $25. I do think the party was well worth the cash, but defintiley was a lot cheaper option for promoters. Got the flier in October... Couldn't they have arranged a better back up plan than the fox in the time where people wouldnt' have had to wait in line all night?! Angelik was the same story--last minute crappy location...It seems to me that they need to reserve La Casa and Fox way in advance too..?? Guess it is pretty easy to scam people this way building up a major hype --Do you think this happens a lot??
Anyway, in the case of trust the music was so good that it didn't matter.
Hope to meet up with you another time!

Hey all,
First off, with the exception of not meeting any Bluelighters, I must say that I had a suprisingly good time at TRUST. I was sooo skeptical about the Fox venue that I didn't go in expecting much. In particular, I thought the event was gonna be a complete disaster after I arrived there at 12am and saw the monsterous line in the alley. I was worried that there may be random fights leading up possibly to a riot, but luckily everyone's good nature and vibe kept that from happening. Luckily my crew didn't have to wait in line since we knew the promoter. Once inside, the music and the vibe more than made up the deficiency of the venue thank god.
smile.gif

Now, about the venue switching. It seems that the major problem with the outdoor venue was the location and the high winds there (read: Santa Ana Winds). Recall also that TRUST was going to use concert tents (like Coachella). Well the tent company *refused* to put up their tents for TRUST due to the high winds. It was supposedly a liability issue for the company. Anyway, after that fiasco, there was no other choice at the time other than the Fox.
I also want to say that the promoter is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, and was never out to scam or screw any of us. The inability to have the rave in Temecula was a complete surprise and serious disappointment to him. He was very stressed and worried about the whole situation on Saturday night. On top of that, he had to deal with Fox's punk-ass orginization that managed to screw him at least two major ways. >
frown.gif

#1 - The security, or whoever, kept letting people in through the back door, beyond capacity, for $20 or so. The promoters never saw this money... so in essence, Fox was stealing money from them.
frown.gif

#2 - Fox shut down the venue at 6am or so. THAT WAS NOT AGREED TO EARLIER BETWEEN THE VENUE AND THE PROMOTION CO. Fox was to stay open at least until 8am or so. If you were there at the front of the stage, you would have seen the promoter and the secuirty almost get into a fist fight over that. Not only were the promoters and the ravers pissed off, but so were several DJ's who had not even had the chance to perform yet!
Well anyway, that's all I know.
Oh and one more thing. What the hell was up with the toilets at the Fox? There was one toilet that was filled with so much poop that I swear to god I didn't see any water left in the bowl. Picture a big deformed brown sponge. On that note, stay tight and take good care everyone.
:O) Jin :O)

Hey all,
First off, with the exception of not meeting any Bluelighters, I must say that I had a suprisingly good time at TRUST. I was sooo skeptical about the Fox venue that I didn't go in expecting much. In particular, I thought the event was gonna be a complete disaster after I arrived there at 12am and saw the monsterous line in the alley. I was worried that there may be random fights leading up possibly to a riot, but luckily everyone's good nature and vibe kept that from happening. Luckily my crew didn't have to wait in line since we knew the promoter. Once inside, the music and the vibe more than made up the deficiency of the venue thank god.
smile.gif

Now, about the venue switching. It seems that the major problem with the outdoor venue was the location and the high winds there (read: Santa Ana Winds). Recall also that TRUST was going to use concert tents (like Coachella). Well the tent company *refused* to put up their tents for TRUST due to the high winds. It was supposedly a liability issue for the company. Anyway, after that fiasco, there was no other choice at the time other than the Fox.
I also want to say that the promoter is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, and was never out to scam or screw any of us. The inability to have the rave in Temecula was a complete surprise and serious disappointment to him. He was very stressed and worried about the whole situation on Saturday night. On top of that, he had to deal with Fox's punk-ass orginization that managed to screw him at least two major ways. >
frown.gif

#1 - The security, or whoever, kept letting people in through the back door, beyond capacity, for $20 or so. The promoters never saw this money... so in essence, Fox was stealing money from them.
frown.gif

#2 - Fox shut down the venue at 6am or so. THAT WAS NOT AGREED TO EARLIER BETWEEN THE VENUE AND THE PROMOTION CO. Fox was to stay open at least until 8am or so. If you were there at the front of the stage, you would have seen the promoter and the secuirty almost get into a fist fight over that. Not only were the promoters and the ravers pissed off, but so were several DJ's who had not even had the chance to perform yet!
Well anyway, that's all I know.
Oh and one more thing. What the hell was up with the toilets at the Fox? There was one toilet that was filled with so much poop that I swear to god I didn't see any water left in the bowl. Picture a big deformed brown sponge. On that note, stay tight and take good care everyone.
:O) Jin :O)

wow, feel much better about the promoters--sounds like they did everything possible to avoid fox...still don't get the line problem, the brown spunge was there since 10pm!! probably left over from the night before. god those mean big security could have stayed around for one more hour to avoid any conflict. you'd think they would try to make sure people wanted to throw parties there again..
thing is that it really was good despite all.
xoxoxox

Hmmmm.
I'm still gonna write an E-Mail to em. . . dunno if they'll ever get it, but they got at least $200 in Bluelighter funds that never got used. . .

hey guys, i'm glad u all had a good time at trust
smile.gif
. i'm not really that upset because i had one of the best rolls of my life with the coolest people over at motab's. however, he does make an excellent point-well over $200 bluelighter bucks went out the window saturday night. do u know how many rolls that is? hell, that's more than a bottle of g! i know that promoters have a lot of roadblocks when setting up these things, but why do we always end up suffering?
2 recent examples come to mind:
1) the nocturnal disaster
2) the angelik disaster.
luckily we traded our angelik tickets for zen tix at the last minute, but still lost 1/2 the ticket price. then, at nocturnal and trust we had people in our group who had never been to a rave before. do u really think they'd ever want to go again? maybe, but maybe not.
anywayz, that's my $.02
even though i've grown a bit wary of the rave scene as of late, i'm still looking forward to meeting u all
smile.gif

p/l/u/r/
and as alwayz happy rolling!
------------------
'falling into strangers and it's only just eleven and i'm staring like a child until someone slips me heaven and i take it on my knees just like a thousand times before, i get transfixed that fixed...'

Thanks for the info Jin, I feel way better knowing they at least PLANNED on having the original venue. If they'd told us on the info lines that the venue had switched because of high winds then people wouldn't be so pissed at them. I still think the music should've been louder, I would've had a way better time if it was.
It's all about the music.
PLUR

OK, well, I feel a lot better now. . . I have been chatting w/ Wayne, one of the guys that I talked to beforehand, and friends with the guy I met at Cal Poly, and he had this to say:
the partial truth to the whole matter is that we DID IN FACT have a first location (and fox as back up, just in case!thankfully) and the winds were extreme friday and the tent company wouldnt set up , and ALSO the sheriffs showed up and threaten to arrest Oj, AND chris (my partners) , and all the fence, stage, tent, and toilet companys if we stayed......we still under contractual obligation have to pay all those un-used things.........i will do my honest best to make you whole again.
its our responsiblilty to make sure "THE PARTY MUST GO ON", and if we didnt have the backup venue, then what,...we are a bunch of thieves? this party and the last party (the gathering of time) i have lost $xx,xxx and so far this party $x,xxx. but we keep coming fukin back. if we dont break even [i.e. cannot refund -ed] i wiill honor your tix at our next one (if fox doesnt honor them)
TRUST IS NOT JUST A CREW, BUT AN ATTITUDE AND IF YOU EXERCISE THAT ATTITUDE THEN YOU ARE A PART OF TRUST>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>when we throw these parties, we hope to at least break even, if we lose money (fuk), and if we make money we make money, but we want to throw a phat fukin party.
TogetherRespectUnitySharingTonite
thankfully i work alot and spend every dollar i earn to throw them with my friends.
i live for the fukin smile, money only pays my bills, and someone said somthin really important....promoters sshoudn do this as a job,meanig only source of income, thankfully i am in a position to really appreciate that, cuz i work during the day and live during the night.
I DONT WAKE UP THINKIN 'HEY HOW CAN I SCAM, i lost 4 months of my shops income throwing the last party and didint get mad ,cuz i saw people having a good time, dont get me wroong i had stomache aches and shit like that. . .
I went on to chat with him for a little while about some other stuff, but all in all, I'm not upset anymore. I mean fuck it, we all had a FANTASTICK nite anyway, and this guy was genuine. I'm cool with TRUST now.
smile.gif

------------------
-=+{PLUR!}+=-
....Motab....

hey, that osunds rad. just make sure you keep in touch with that guy and make sure he honors out tix at the next event..otherwise i am NOT cool with trust.
------------------
So sure we were on something.
Your feet are finally on the ground.
-EckstashE-

I'm with EckstahsE. I still don't get why they still sold tickets at the venue or apoligized on the info line(like Nocturnal). It just something I've learned to live with if I want to be in the mainstream rave life. I've been in the life for 4 months now and I'm thinking about trying the underground out. I think I'll try the smaller crowds in the 100s rather than the 1000s. I'm also just plain old sick of security. I just can't stand skethching about whether my shits stashed or not. I just want to go to an event and not worry about getting caught.
Yeah.

motab you are the bomb! and friendlE you made some valid points--but how do we find those underground raves?
------------------
stay tight:)

Friendly E,
Looks like we have had the same experience. Arrakis (Dune at the beginning) was my first rave too and PVD was the bomb. Still, my best rave was Jujubeats, so beautiful. I think like you that the music was not loud enough saturday but it was due to too many cuddlers in front of the speakers and it happens all the time at the Fox from what I hear, but it was Ok if you stayed/danced in the middle, in the front of the stage. I also think that Christopher Lawrence was not that good (his set was much much better at Coachella), he kept changing songs too quickly. Berry Weaver was good but Thomas Michael had the best set. I also thought about going to undergrounds,to avoid all the organisation and security problems and hang-out with a smaller crowd, but I really like the NRG at massives, when the music gets so good and you have thousands of people dancing together, it's so powerful, I don't know if I'd get that underground.
And I have learned that the problems are part of the experience, you are not going to a club or a concert, you are going to a rave, so remember it.
Cagirl,
About Undergrounds, you get into them by going to raves and meeting people, they are not advertised on the internet (at least they don't give any numbers), and you usually won't get any flyers at massives, you have to know somebody..It just happens with some time. They are organised by small group like good vibes, family, primal trance, fun, Good Vibe Crew..Most of them have mailing lists (you still have to know somebody..)
PLUR
ManiE

Friendly E,
Looks like we have had the same experience. Arrakis (Dune at the beginning) was my first rave too and PVD was the bomb. Still, my best rave was Jujubeats, so beautiful. I think like you that the music was not loud enough saturday but it was due to too many cuddlers in front of the speakers and it happens all the time at the Fox from what I hear, but it was Ok if you stayed/danced in the middle, in the front of the stage. I also think that Christopher Lawrence was not that good (his set was much much better at Coachella), he kept changing songs too quickly. Berry Weaver was good but Thomas Michael had the best set. I also thought about going to undergrounds,to avoid all the organisation and security problems and hang-out with a smaller crowd, but I really like the NRG at massives, when the music gets so good and you have thousands of people dancing together, it's so powerful, I don't know if I'd get that underground.
And I have learned that the problems are part of the experience, you are not going to a club or a concert, you are going to a rave, so remember it.
Cagirl,
About Undergrounds, you get into them by going to raves and meeting people, they are not advertised on the internet (at least they don't give any numbers), and you usually won't get any flyers at massives, you have to know somebody..It just happens with some time. They are organised by small group like good vibes, family, primal trance, fun, Good Vibe Crew..Most of them have mailing lists (you still have to know somebody..)
PLUR
ManiE

Friendly E,
Cagirl,
PLUR
ManiE