• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Support] Help PD write warning announcements for the 25X-NBOMe threads

It is true that they hold a high inherit risk compared to other drugs, but it's not as if they simply can't be used safely.
I don't think that's cut in stone yet. Maybe they can be used safely, maybe not. The case is we don't know.

Plenty of people who used them "safely" still got detrimental effects. But sure, I agree, the dangers shouldn't be overstated. And it is true that a vast majority of people have taken them, did so without ill outcome.

That said, that line of thought often leads to seasoned, experienced trippers thinking they are safe. It's just the newbies who OD and die. But it's not like that, every one can make a miscalculation and overdose, no matter how experienced a psychedelics user you are.

No one is infallible.

And also, add to that, we don't know if the dangers and deaths are just caused by overdoses combined with an unreliable and/or narrow dose/response curve, or if something more is at play.

Absolutely every one is taking a risk when they consume NBOMe's. every one. If you feel fine about that risk, that's good, but don't fool yourself that it's not there for you.

I agree, we shouldn't overstate the dangers, it's not necessary to overstate them to get the appropriate message across as there are quite a few dangers that are real enough. I also agree we should not say anything about how most people will be fine, because that's an open invitation to anyone who isn't going to do their research to say "well then I'll be fine"
I very much agree. In my experience, the whole, "Well my friend did it a bunch and he's fine," approach has made people do many stupid things. Myself included back in a naive time of my life.

That said, that line of thought often leads to seasoned, experienced trippers thinking they are safe. It's just the newbies who OD and die. But it's not like that, every one can make a miscalculation and overdose, no matter how experienced a psychedelics user you are.

That's a pretty good point: anyone can make a miscalculation and OD. With the compounds most of us are used to, a misplaced decimal place just means running naked down the street, but with these ones, it could be a trip to ER, possible death. Anyone can make that mistake.

What kind of evil person would pass off an NBOMe as a 2C-X? It would be almost sure people would die in that scenario, trying to take 15 or 20mg of 2C-I that is actually an NBOMe...

We've had a near "near fatality" & another OD on, apparently 2c-i, in Dorset in the UK recently. It wouldn't be the first time an NBOMe has been mistaken for (or deliberately missold as) a classic 2c-xx...

http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/11...teenager_ends_up_in_intensive_care/?ref=var_0
Multiple times it quotes the drug as being called "Smiles" which is a common term for 25i, not 2C-I like you suspected. They also neglected to mention the form the drug was sold in. Such a shame.

Obviously, a little more detail might prevent further problems & could even save lives, but then the media & their bosses, government, might end up with less ammunition with which to pound us liberal drugs emancipators!

I didn't even know that about "smiles", thanks for enlightening me!

You mean "and then the media & their bosses" will end up with less ammunition right? Like if we can help reduce the number of PD casualties but self-regulating our community, there will be less incentive for lawmakers to step in and just start banning everything. Thats another good reason to do this!

You mean "and then the media & their bosses" will end up with less ammunition right? Like if we can help reduce the number of PD casualties but self-regulating our community, there will be less incentive for lawmakers to step in and just start banning everything. Thats another good reason to do this!

Indeed, & of course, I was being facetious!

I take responsibility for my own choices & actions, I don't need "government" to tell me what's right & what's not right for me. At the same time, I would put myself out to assist anyone with a drug problem that I am knowledgable about & might be able to help with, because caring for your fellow human beings is a grand tenet of responsible citizenry.

The government are not prepared nor are they equiped to help us, we must help ourselves. THAT's what BL is all about =D

Ahh gotcha :) I must have had my serious face on.

Totally agree about governments... off topic, but did anyone hear about NZ? Apparently they are sick of the war on drugs and the perpetually growing variety of RCs on the market, so the are creating basically a legal category for new safe-ish RC's that will let them be sold in shops, as legit recreational pharmaceuticals. Hopefully other gov's follow suit and give up on this part of the war on drugs.

That sounds interesting pd :) certainly a lead to follow, if only as an observator.

Thanks everyone for your support, I don't have much to add right now but I feel we're on the right track <3

Ah yeah, good call. I will start compiling all of these comments and then transforming them into a fully-formed narrative.

Honestly, I think the negatives of Nbomes shine through all the clearer without weed. Perhaps it just helps to mask the fact that you're doing damage or something. I've always been a big fan of ganja up until recently when I realized it wasn't doing jack shit to help me in life.

The one time I tripped without weed, I felt like the Nbome was literally frying my brain. It wasn't pleasant.

Last edited:
You can warn all you want. I tried to warn a fellow BLer about the unpredictable nature of the NB's and was mocked for my trouble. This individual then went on a massive diatribe about their experience with psychedelic drugs and informed me they had over 160 odd psychedelic experiences. They even kept a diary!! Ok... They also informed me of an improbable dose of substances all consumed when "I was 15 years old!" (quoted from memory). The individual was thinking of taking, oh lets say 3-4 mg's of NB for a first time dose, due to their massive psychedelic knowledge and experience to rival T. McKenna. I think they are a mod here on BL for sports and whatever forum now. This same individual advised a new member with 0 experience with LSD to take as much as possible just not so much as to have a fit. They also said they did psychedelics for fun and any adverse reactions they could just shrug off.

So we can warn all we want and indeed I encourage this 100%. However the Darwin effect will always have a role to play. Especially with the naive, the overconfident, the individuals who know all and the stupid. Lets hope they all stay safe and sane. :)

Of course, some people will ignore all warnings, but we can hope that this will deter some people, or inspire them to behave more safely, and if we help even one person or prevent even one death then it was worth it. :) In reality, this will probably save at least one life, given the number of deaths from NBOMes so far in a short time, and the number of people who read Bluelight, and the number of people who simply do not have information to make a safe decision.

I thought I had posted this yesterday but this is a very important idea. At the weekend I was offered some 25i and in the half hour I had to make a decision before it fell in my hands I tried to do some quick HR research. It was hard to find much more easily than what was on the wikipedia page and I came to the conclusion it was only dangerous insufflated, which is how everyone else had been doing it that I knew. It took me a few hours of reading yesterday and researching just to find out how dangerous it is, and if I'd had a concise and clear summary like the one being suggested I'd have thought twice. I think it needs to made very clear how this isn't acid, how it is incredibly easy to get the dose wrong and how many deaths its causing. That information needs to be shared as widely as possible.

Thanks for your comment acidliam, thats a very insightful anecdote. It really reinforces the notion that we need to create a clear, concise and accurate warning message to get out to the world.

-DOx duration
Cl < Br < I

-2C-x potency
(in respect to dosage)
Cl < Br < I

-2C-x duration
Cl < Br < I

-2C-x
Severity of Reported Side Effects (due to overdose)
Cl < Br < I

-25x-NBOME
Severity of Reported Side Effects (due to overdose)
Cl < Br < I (LETHAL potential is clear)

-25x-NBOME Deaths
(Cl + Br) < I

Guide:
x="halogen"
halogen size/mass/electro-negetivity
Cl < Br < I

Comments:
i humbly suggest the title "Solipsis RC correlations"
-sole motivation for this post is 1. harm reduction 2. contributing to PD
-there will be no follow up by me (sorry, zero disrespect intended)
-hope is for these correlations to be echoed to promote harm reduction and provide some starting order for how to give NBOME guidance to others, because currently there is none and it's about time... (i'm pinning all my hope on you Solipsis!)

Reference:
PIHKAL | BlueLight | Erowid
Fluorine in psychedelic phenethylamines - 2012
Psychedelics and the Human Receptorome - 2010

know your body | mind | substance | source

I am going to start working on writing this up tomorrow.