• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Support] Help PD write warning announcements for the 25X-NBOMe threads

Here is my version of the warning message. I feel it is very important that we keep this message terse, and simple, in order that it disseminate efffectively. Feel free to edit/copy/paste enhance.

25X-NBOMe, 25X-NBOH SAFETY MESSAGE

This is a newly discovered group of chemicals, with little history of human use.
It has already become clear that these substances carry substantial risks that must be highlighted.

Examples of chemicals belonging to this family include 25i-NBOMe, 25c-NBOMe, 25i-NBOH, 25c-NBOH.
Nicknames include "25i", "25c", N-bomb, N-bome etc.

Some facts you should know about The NBOMe series:

25x NBOMe chemicals have killed at "normal" recreational doses.
-We don't know how it kills.
-People have died from doses that are smaller than ones they've taken in the past.
-We don't know the reasons why it is so unpredictable yet.

Doses can lead to psychotic episodes and ER visits
-If someone appears to be overdosing, it is important to get medical attention quickly to minimize chance of death or injury.

These chemicals are sometimes mislabeled and sold as LSD or "acid"
-If in doubt about your drugs, learn how to test them using testing kits/reagents
-A good rule of thumb these days is "if it's bitter it's a spitter"

25x is difficult to dose properly
-Tolerance builds quickly, but toxicity may still occur.
-Doses are unpredictable and uneven, even from the same sheet.
-There is an unknown but narrow margin between a fun dose, and an overdose.

NBOMe substances are cheap and widely available, however they are not well understood, and have caused a number of deaths. There are better and safer substances to begin with than these. Know your drugs, do your research, and spread the word!

Last edited:
Excellent <3

I suggest we check some previous entries to see if they contribute info that is missing in yours so that we can take the best of each and have a great warning. I'd be fine using yours as the basis, depending on how much would need to be added.

I see you have already sort of covered that after having just checked the first page of this thread. :)

The way you phrased it emphasizes well that there are different factors involved (like tolerance, bioavailability, uneven dosing on blotters) that combine into unpredictability. The toxicity is not well understood and that unpredictability can lead to incidents and has done so before.

Regarding the length of text: I think after reconsidering that we shouldn't push it, otherwise we will get people TL;DRing.

I'll poke the PD crew and suggest your proposed warning message is under peer review for a little time allowing people to respond and correct... but at some point this week it should be posted in NBX threads.

Last edited:
Excellent work Perp!

... what about the "swallow your LSD from now on to rule out NBOMe" message? Is it worth pushing that here? I would have thought most people who get an NBOMe by accident are expecting LSD, if they swallowed their doses from now on, reports of NBOMe difficulties might ease up a little.

I'm just asking, I have no critiscm of your work whatsoever. great job, nice & concise.

Excellent <3

I suggest we check some previous entries to see if they contribute info that is missing in yours so that we can take the best of each and have a great warning. I'd be fine using yours as the basis, depending on how much would need to be added.

We've got the basics here Sol, let's get this to other mods & admin if need be asap & get it stickied up, we can edit & add as time goes on & information comes to light as I'm sure it will.

The drug that killed Fitzgerald, the Ramsey County medical examiner’s office determined, was a synthetic form of LSD known clinically as 25i-NBOMe.

The hallucinogenic drug is referred to on the streets as “N-Bomb.” It is sold in unpredictable strengths and can inflict serious damage, including heart failure and bleeding on the brain. The autopsy found that Fitzgerald died from complications of 25i-NBOMe toxicity.

I hate the term "synthetic LSD" but I thought the brief autopsy findings report might help us pin down the actual mechanism of injury with the NBOMe series.

from here, something I found in DitM just now - http://www.startribune.com/local

Last edited:
I like it perpetualdawn, thanks so much for keeping this going. :)

I'd like to see this bolded up & stickied as we run up towards Festival Season Xork, what do you think? I think it's damned near ready enough to go up...

I feel these drugs pose the greatest risk to the lives of Psychedelic drugs users in living memory. Lets act now to reduce the harm if we can!

I'm cool with that and can propose to put it up tomorrow unless Xorkoth wants to take a look at it, maybe change/add and then post it in the threads..
Seeing as I'm going offline in a moment and personally think it is fine if it waits a day... if something happens to be important to add or change, I'd rather do it now (i.e. before) than having to manage 10+ reiterations.

Fair enough, you're the ones who are going to be editting it. Another day or two is A-okay in my book. Good one man :)

Looks like we're clear for lift-off then...
will start with the B&D's after I get back from groceries, and a sticky (especially for festival season) seems like an excellent idea as well.

This was mine from the mod thread:

Warning:

The NBOMe series is known to be more dangerous than other psychedelic drug families. High doses can easily result in severe reactions such as seizures and HPPD. It is possible to get away with high doses because the mental component of the trip is mild so it may not feel as intense as other psychedelics even though there are powerful visuals. In order to try and overcome this some users take several doses to get a more intense/spiritual experience. While this does work for some, for others this is where the serious side-effects emerge.

As a result of this it is recommended that if you are seeking an intense experience, something more than eye candy, you select a different psychedelic with a higher natural intensity and better safety record such as 2C-E or LSD.

It is strongly advised that users do not take more than 1.5 doses of this drug, with one dose generally agreed to be x.x mg (xxxxu g).

Insufflating doses further increases the risk.

That is how I would do it; clearly explaining the risks, the alternatives and trying to be realistic.

I wanted to touch on why some people want to push doses and what the alternatives were. I picked 2C-E as an alternative because it is very visual but also very intense.

Should we put that in an extra bit under spoiler tags with the header "like pushing the dose with NBOMe's?", it is a good point but it is not the core message we'd want to get out to 'naieve' festival goers who are probably more likely to accidentally OD thinking it was LSD... while it still does go well in the individual NBOMe B&D's. But again, under an nsfw tag I think cause I think the warning is now maximum 'TL;DR limit' size. Changing font type or font size does not change that.

Yeah I think my intention was more a message for bluelighters who already know what it is. Sadly I think most people who don't already know what it is aren't going to find out before they take it, and even less likely that they would find out by researching online.

Hence a sticky aimed at people (potentially) planning on dropping blotter at say a festival? Even a few pointers like advising to swallow blotter might make a difference...

But I am all ears if there are more optimal ways to encourage HR.

Looks great Solipsis, thank you for getting this up!

Just found one typo:

If you take blotters sold as LSD, swallowing them may render NBOMe type compounds inactive while LSD will just as well!

should read "will work just as well"

Also, I think you should take out the "arguably" disclaimer here:

There are (arguably) better and safer substances to begin with than these.

I think it would be pretty hard to argue that there is not a safer substance to begin with than an NBOx. I suppose the "better" part is more arguable though.

Ah I see, I misunderstood the intention. Mine was aimed more at the first post of B&D threads for more serious researchers.

Looks great Solipsis, thank you for getting this up!

Just found one typo:

should read "will work just as well"

Also, I think you should take out the "arguably" disclaimer here:

I think it would be pretty hard to argue that there is not a safer substance to begin with than an NBOx. I suppose the "better" part is more arguable though.

I'll fix the typo. And the other thing I will rephrase but still use the word 'arguably' in reference to the 'better' part as not to offend people who just happen to like the stuff, in all fairness.

Ah I see, I misunderstood the intention. Mine was aimed more at the first post of B&D threads for more serious researchers.

I think we ought to put warning messages in both places. In the B&D ones yes your part is a valuable addition. Maybe there it is fine without the ntsf tags, but I am not really sure.

I added a sticky thread and I changed the announcement in the OP of the B&D 25B thread.

Please confirm, and I will copy it to other 25X B&D threads.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that's important information iamthesuck, but it's getting a bit too wordy for the kind of streamlined message we need to send out to the world. Is there a way you could distill it down to a single sentence and still convey the essence of your message? Thank you and to everyone else who has contributed to this thread, it's really important and gets to the core of the purpose of this forum (IMO)