• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Subutex - sniffed vs sublingual

Cult315

Bluelighter
Which one will give me the most out of my bupe? I just switched from suboxone films to subutex and have been wondering if I should just take it under the tongue, or if sniffing it is more effective.

I’ll note that ever since I got the pills I’ve been just breaking off small lines and doing about 4-5 throughout the day and it keeps me together but I’m not quite getting a high from them. But the first day I got them I took roughly 1/4 of a pill under the tongue and it got me high.

I’m not necessarily looking for the high, more for all day maintenance and making them last for as long as possible. Can’t really say how long it lasted sublingual as I fell asleep about 3 hours after doing it, but the last 2 days doing just small lines throughout the day have kept me from feeling the need to get high

I don’t actually have a script and my source for both suboxone/utex is the same person and very unreliable so I’m not sure when I’ll be able to get more of either.

IN (snorting it) you may need about 1/2 the amount. I do, for me 2-mg IN = 4-mg sublingual pretty much, sublingual absorption being really variable and IN being much more consistent w/ the same tablets dose to dose.

I can't suggest this is a workable idea unless you have very small generic subutex tablets like those in the U.S. from Hi-Tech. Small white, round, convex, scored w/ an “8” or “2” and an arrow imprint. They weight about 80 mg and so are about 10% active ingredient if its an 8-mg tablet. That’s about as good as we can get from an opioid tablet. The larger tablets have so much filler unless your dose is under 2-mg it is a lot of powder, still I’m sure many people do it - I have its just a lot of shit up your nose and absorption will be less precise day over day.

Considering your source is iffy, it may be better to IN them to conserve product, I don’t like to suggest ROAs like this for pills but in your situation harm reduction is a tightrope walk b/w staying away from really dangerous shit - assuming this is why you’re taking it - and fucking up your nose / lungs with filler. I know which bet I’d place on a day I’m thinking clearly, IN that stuff and have 2x as much product to help me stay off the dangerous street shit then try to get myself a legit script and sublingual it from there out.

Woo wee that title took me back. It's dangerous AF but the strongest feeling I've ever had was snorting subs. Now if you rail the whole line you might die frfr.

I wouldn't do it if your goal is withdrawal because you actually get a huge rush and it's arguably stronger then most opioid highs.

How about I just tell you a story and you decide if it's worth it or not. Back in 2013-14 I ran across some 8mg Subutex. Keep in mind I was not using them for withdrawal symptoms , just to get high when we ran out of our normal opioids. got four of them to try out. My hardcore friends showed me how to take a nail file and file off the smallest amount to snort.
The high lasted hours, extremely euphoric warm feeling, you can re-dose after a few hours. You become extremely sensitive to heat and food, smoking , everything makes you sick. One pill lasted me months. It became its own issue.

Many many times we would all do small bumps of Subutex and just lay back in bed naked and mess around. Lots of sweat , lots of snuggles and passion.

Unpleasant side effects include but not limited to
1. Over dose - was very near death many times
2. Extreme sensitivity to heat
3. Breathing problems
4. Unwanted sexual desires -maybe it was just us
5. Physical withdrawal - heavy heavy come down
6. Heart problems
7. Mental anguish or addiction

Can you V should you , that's a you question.
Please exercise caution. Just one bump too much is the difference between a wild time with friends and throwing up all night gasping for breath wile losing consciousness periodically.

Peace

You both have tolerance so the effect might be less. And it sounds like your already snorting them. To be honest I just read the title and it all came rushing back. Let's just say thank Christ I never had a large consistent supply of those things. Strongest and longest high I've ever experienced from a pill.

I remember one time I drove over to the jail to visit a buddy. The night before I had snorted a good amount and popped a Xanax. It was 105 in Texas summer and I had no ac. I had to pull over and throw up twice before I even got there. I threw up once more in the parking lot.
Visit didn't happen because it wasn't visit day for males. I drove back home completely naked with the windows down.

Best of luck to the both of you. I haven't used any of that in 7 years. Cold turkey worked for me. But lord it was rough

Woo wee that title took me back. It's dangerous AF but the strongest feeling I've ever had was snorting subs. Now if you rail the whole line you might die frfr.

I wouldn't do it if your goal is withdrawal because you actually get a huge rush and it's arguably stronger then most opioid highs.

How about I just tell you a story and you decide if it's worth it or not. Back in 2013-14 I ran across some 8mg Subutex. Keep in mind I was not using them for withdrawal symptoms , just to get high when we ran out of our normal opioids. got four of them to try out. My hardcore friends showed me how to take a nail file and file off the smallest amount to snort.
The high lasted hours, extremely euphoric warm feeling, you can re-dose after a few hours. You become extremely sensitive to heat and food, smoking , everything makes you sick. One pill lasted me months. It became its own issue.

Many many times we would all do small bumps of Subutex and just lay back in bed naked and mess around. Lots of sweat , lots of snuggles and passion.

3. Breathing problems
6. Heart problems

Please exercise caution. Just one bump too much is the difference between a wild time with friends and throwing up all night gasping for breath wile losing consciousness periodically.

Peace
I’ll be 31 tomorrow which is also the 20 year “anniversary” of my first oxy use. Yes I wrote that correctly

I’ve been hooked on opiates for most of the last 20 years. I know how to safely use drugs, just haven’t actually had subutex before. I always start super small and work my way up, but coming from 2mg of suboxone figured 2mg of plain bupe would be fine. It was, just actually got me high lol. Just basically needed to know if taking it sublingual had any real benefit/longer lasting effect over taking a few smaller dosed lines throughout the day. LoveTractor gave an pretty solid answer

3. Breathing problems
6. Heart problems

Peace

You won’t die sniffing subutex lol yes if you have no tolerance it’s quite strong and dangerous but overdosing on bupe is incredibly rare

If you have enough for your wanted results, use it as intended and don’t snort.
I have 8 8mg tablets left and while I plan on slowly tapering I’m not really sure if I can get more, or even more suboxone. My hookup just texted me today saying she just got bailed out of jail on a bench warrant and is likely going back once she goes back to court so that’ll likely dry up for who knows how long. All of my old sources are either dead or also in prison and since I’ve been mostly “clean” for so long I haven’t really associated with anybody in this scene in quite some years aside from her.

So basically trying to get what I have left to last as long as possible lol. I have the 8 tablets left and almost a whole sub strip and I’m already concerned it’s not going to be enough to get me off. I have the habit of indulging a bit more than I should, as most users do. I should probably get to a clinic but don’t even know where to start, and also don’t have a primary doctor or insurance. I kicked pills and street H years ago and was maintaining with Kratom for quite a while so worst case I could try that again, but in the beginning the Kratom really didn’t even touch the WDs. I was drinking so heavily I was fucked up 24/7 and lost my job and I’d prefer not to go through that again

I have 8 8mg tablets left and while I plan on slowly tapering I’m not really sure if I can get more, or even more suboxone. My hookup just texted me today saying she just got bailed out of jail on a bench warrant and is likely going back once she goes back to court so that’ll likely dry up for who knows how long. All of my old sources are either dead or also in prison and since I’ve been mostly “clean” for so long I haven’t really associated with anybody in this scene in quite some years aside from her.

So basically trying to get what I have left to last as long as possible lol. I have the 8 tablets left and almost a whole sub strip and I’m already concerned it’s not going to be enough to get me off. I have the habit of indulging a bit more than I should, as most users do. I should probably get to a clinic but don’t even know where to start, and also don’t have a primary doctor or insurance. I kicked pills and street H years ago and was maintaining with Kratom for quite a while so worst case I could try that again, but in the beginning the Kratom really didn’t even touch the WDs. I was drinking so heavily I was fucked up 24/7 and lost my job and I’d prefer not to go through that again
Snorting is more addictive ROA.

If you got high from ¼ pill sublingualy start from there, once a day and lower from there. And surely rather get a script than start hammering yourself with booze. If you lower enough before jumping off, stay clean for a few days, surely kratom would work at least somewhat. What’s best for you, you know the best.

Hey @Cult315

Insufflation (sniffing/snorting) Buprenorphine (Suboxone/Subutex) is going to double the bioavailability. This means that the drug will essentially be twice as potent when insufflated as opposed to sublingually (under the tongue).

If you were just a person with a legitimate script for Buprenorphine, I would tell you not to do this. If you were a person just seeking to get higher off of your prescription, I would tell you that this is the wrong decision.

If we're speaking purely from a place of economics here, then yea, this is a viable way to increase the lifespan of your available Buprenorphine.

There is nothing wrong with breaking up your usage into multiple smaller dosages throughout the day. This is only if you're able to actually control your intake. If you do not have control over yourself, this whole thread is a recipe for bullshit.

Determine what dose you want to use ahead of time. You can take your known Sublingual intake, reduce it by half and then insufflate that dosage however you want to by dividing that number by 4, 5 or what have you.

Tbh, I've never tried it. I've been on bupe for like 7 years and even had friends that snort it and recommended it to me but I can't bring myself to, I think its the ritual of it. I like the taste. It tells me I'm going to feel better soon.

Tbh, I've never tried it. I've been on bupe for like 7 years and even had friends that snort it and recommended it to me but I can't bring myself to, I think its the ritual of it. I like the taste. It tells me I'm going to feel better soon.

Snorting suboxone is an entirely different high. I find it much much more stimulating like a stimulant high, sublingual is definitely more opioid like

I started out snorting little pieces here and there but honestly for me 1mg sublingual seemed to really beat the WD and cravings because for some reason it lasted longer I only dose once a day. Whereas snorting I had the urge to do it 3 or 4 times a day, and it tastes nasty and irritated my sinuses pretty bad compared to other dumb shit I snort..but on the flip side I feel that sublingual is fucking making my teeth weak as fuck, and that's not cool, might go back to snorting. Idk

Which one will give me the most out of my bupe? I just switched from suboxone films to subutex and have been wondering if I should just take it under the tongue, or if sniffing it is more effective.

I’ll note that ever since I got the pills I’ve been just breaking off small lines and doing about 4-5 throughout the day and it keeps me together but I’m not quite getting a high from them. But the first day I got them I took roughly 1/4 of a pill under the tongue and it got me high.

I’m not necessarily looking for the high, more for all day maintenance and making them last for as long as possible. Can’t really say how long it lasted sublingual as I fell asleep about 3 hours after doing it, but the last 2 days doing just small lines throughout the day have kept me from feeling the need to get high

I don’t actually have a script and my source for both suboxone/utex is the same person and very unreliable so I’m not sure when I’ll be able to get more of either.
I know you dont want to hear this but just quit it while you are ahed and can go wd free... trust me brotherman bupe wd is fucking torture , rather get heroin or some shorter acting opiate

Real shit^^ I am definitely addicted to bupe and coming off it is fucking terrible. I would stock up on codeine or hydrocodone and just kick that or maybe low dose oxy.

I know you dont want to hear this but just quit it while you are ahed and can go wd free... trust me brotherman bupe wd is fucking torture , rather get heroin or some shorter acting opiate
Believe me, I wish I had a few months ago. I’ve come off pretty much every opiate there is already so idk what I was thinking getting into suboxone in the first place as I’ve heard WD is hell. Not as bad as methadone I guess, but still hell.

But I’ve already been on subs for a few months before my source hooked me up with subutex. Trying to taper down on subs I was already getting WD symptoms while still on the shit. Luckily small lines of the subutex has been holding me over throughout the day and I’ve barely used a pill so far. I’m trying to stay where I’m at(and hopefully lower) instead of fucking up even worse and doing more and more lol. I’m hoping if I stay low enough I can switch back to Kratom without much issue

There is nothing wrong with breaking up your usage into multiple smaller dosages throughout the day. This is only if you're able to actually control your intake. If you do not have control over yourself, this whole thread is a recipe for bullshit.
I don’t agree. Simply for what you already wrote and cuz people opening threads like this are by default better advised to choose less addictive ROAs and sometimes more so less triggering ROAs.

Only time when I would give green light for snorting bupe is if person is really left with little last bit and is destined to have bad WDs and even than it’s pretty much a stretch.

Pretty much same goes for splitting doses. People who end up dosing many times daily usually crave some if they simply take all at once. While people who dose every or every two days sometimes can benefit by taking less than that divided in more doses, but only by the end of tapper or when lowering dose. And again that might trigger some into deciding to get a bit (more) high since it works and ruin intent to lower dose of poison.

Believe me, I wish I had a few months ago. I’ve come off pretty much every opiate there is already so idk what I was thinking getting into suboxone in the first place as I’ve heard WD is hell. Not as bad as methadone I guess, but still hell.

But I’ve already been on subs for a few months before my source hooked me up with subutex.
You do understand there’s no real difference. Since you have now only bupe it can only be better, well it is at least for big majority of people.

But I’ve already been on subs for a few months before my source hooked me up with subutex. Trying to taper down on subs I was already getting WD symptoms while still on the shit. Luckily small lines of the subutex has been holding me over throughout the day and I’ve barely used a pill so far. I’m trying to stay where I’m at(and hopefully lower) instead of fucking up even worse and doing more and more lol. I’m hoping if I stay low enough I can switch back to Kratom without much issue
Man i wish you all the best ,you know you.. i would suggest you to quit it ct asap/ and get your self pregabalin,benzos maybe some antipsihotics (each for a week) then hop back on kratom if you must