• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Substituting loperamide for methadone

I just want to throw my hat in the ring regarding Loperamide (Immodium) usage in terms of mitigating withdrawal. Specifically, the title of the thread is concerned with the substitution of said drug for Methadone. Methadone is a very powerful Opioid, so in turn, you're going to need a lot of Loperamide to actually get well. The problem is that they are not equals in terms of dangers to your health. Loperamide is well documented to cause death in high dosages, if not by respiratory depression, by toxic cardiological effects. The more Loperamide you consume, the more likely you are to encounter a catastrophic reaction.

In my reckless days, I would drink my take-homes early and use Loperamide to make it to the end of the week. It was nothing for me to consume 200mg Loperamide in one shot. This is incredibly stupid and I'll admit that I noticed peculiarities in my heart beat. Whether it was psychosomatic, I couldn't say, but there is something that feels very "not right" about taking high dosages of Loperamide.

The only indication for its use that we can recommend in good faith would be a few times more than the standard recommended dosage. It is of course, an Opioid itself, so you're going to require a larger dose than a lay-person to control your gastrointestinal symptoms, but if you decide to escalate dosage, you are apparently taking your life into your own hands.

in sum: lope's for dopes.

i will be fielding questions from a pre-selected pool at my book signing later today.

I'm not saying don't recommend, but make it explicitly clear the dangers and risks that exist yet not knowing exactly when those dangers can occur.... Someone may have a freak sensitivity that causes the cardiotoxic effect even at therapeutic doses. It's fine to say it's an option people use, but there are major risks, which is why it can not be recommended specifically in terms of harm reduction. At least then if someone is desperate enough to use it off the recommendation they will have a better idea of the danger vs if it is not mentioned.

I am on day 7 of switching from loperamide to sub because I thought having an OTC Habbit would be better. I've taken around 2-6 mg of sub a day for a week and I'm still vomiting(matter of fact just vomited 2 mins ago) and I've missed the entire weeks worth of work from massive WDs during the switch. It's been the fucking worst switch I've ever done in my life. Loperamide at 200 mg a day is no fucking joke. It made me feel great, energized, happy, social.... but came with some bad side effects a lot of water rentention(swollen ankles), heart beat could get weird at times(very scary), you won't use bathroom for 2-4 days at a time, extreme dizziness. I finally said 200 pills a day 1400 a week 5600 a month, 70,000 a year can't be good.

I first found out about loperamide as a lineman for a utility company in the south. I got called on an out of town trip to a place like 800 miles away and my dealer was no where to be found so I fucking panicked. I stopped at a Walmart bought the 2 200 count bottles and said fuck it at least I won't shit my pants and took like 150. We'll I noticed that night I was feeling just fine. My stomach hurt a little from bricking up but I could fiction. From that point on loperamide was in my bag of tricks.

I used it to easily get off H, Sub, Oxy but it's been a fucking nightmare switching back to sub at 4-6 mg a day for 6-7 days now.

Def def def be mindful of the negative side effects of loperamide. It can most certainly mess with your heart.

Not to be that guy, but loperamide works as a short tterm fix. It works at doses keif' Richards said.

OD mods, whomever is listening, I would like other mods to chip in if needed, but it is my goal to complete a lope thread that may become a sticky.

This topic has become way to redundant.

Bluelighters, Greenlighters, lurkers, read the thread from the beginning. Your question has more then likely been answered.

This thread is running out of steam.
I'll leave it open for the time being, but the clock is ticking.

What initially made you decide to use lope? Was it a recommendation or you just knew it was an opiate of sorts and might as well try it?

first found out about loperamide as a lineman for a utility company in the south. I got called on an out of town trip to a place like 800 miles away and my dealer was no where to be found so I fucking panicked. I stopped at a Walmart bought the 2 200 count bottles and said fuck it at least I won't shit my pants and took like 150. We'll I noticed that night I was feeling just fine. My stomach hurt a little from bricking up but I could fiction. From that point on loperamide was in my bag of tricks.