• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Suboxone withdrawal sweats vs Oxycodone withdrawal sweats

So DipsetOxy87, as of today you have been off of Suboxone for 115 days? That's great news. How's it going?

Tchort, thanks for your response. Very helpful. But a very underrated sleeping aid is Chloral Hyrdrate which is branded Somnote and was the original "Micky." You know, as in "he slipped me a Mickey."
It's gold. It's strong like Benadryl but without the hangover grogginess in the morning.

Mu psychologist gave me some names at a teaching hospital near my house where her husband works. They do research there and have an outpatient, and she thought that they may be willing to prescribe me something unconventional like Dihydrocodeine (unconventional in the U.S. In the U.K they don't let politics and puritanism get in the way of science--as much).

As of now I've actually been treating the Subutex w/d's with Poppy Pod Tea. It's not optimum, but it sure as shit beats a cold turkey. But my bowel movements...I HAVE prayed for death whilst on the toilet. Haha.

Thanks again for all your help.

So DipsetOxy87, as of today you have been off of Suboxone for 115 days? That's great news. How's it going?

Tchort, thanks for your response. Very helpful. But a very underrated sleeping aid is Chloral Hyrdrate which is branded Somnote and was the original "Micky." You know, as in "he slipped me a Mickey."
It's gold. It's strong like Benadryl but without the hangover grogginess in the morning.

Mu psychologist gave me some names at a teaching hospital near my house where her husband works. They do research there and have an outpatient, and she thought that they may be willing to prescribe me something unconventional like Dihydrocodeine (unconventional in the U.S. In the U.K they don't let politics and puritanism get in the way of science--as much).

As of now I've actually been treating the Subutex w/d's with Poppy Pod Tea. It's not optimum, but it sure as shit beats a cold turkey. But my bowel movements...I HAVE prayed for death whilst on the toilet. Haha.

Thanks again for all your help.

im doing good..not good enough to preach sobriety on a drug ruling board though LOL, nah but for real im good u know..i do what i gotta do..but yeah im feeling a ok i mean...i sweat still..still get anxous and i avoid all benzos or drugs to help me out i drink here n there tho..but being off the suboxone is fuckin heaven i didnt sleep for a good 2 weeks..then for another 2 weeks slept like an hour each night...then so on and so farth but yeah its getting bettter..people can do it and it is possible

subs without a doubt are the worst wds ever. beats heroin, oc, anything. I had really bad temp/flux and sleep problems, but would have to nap during the day. I also teared up a ton and yawned a good bit.

subs without a doubt are the worst wds ever. beats heroin, oc, anything. I had really bad temp/flux and sleep problems, but would have to nap during the day. I also teared up a ton and yawned a good bit.

yea def i feel u bro..i mean its different for everybody but even when i weaned down to like.5 .4 sometimes .1 like chips it was still bad trying to get off there was a few times i jumped off at 12 milligrams and omg, i mean...the withdrawal was uneccesary but honestly it was the worst withdrawal i felt ..i wud have ratherd a limb cut off then to deal with that shit

I'm sorry the doctor is being like this, ufotofu.

However, it is possible that you may benefit from a 21 day taper using low doses of Methadone (starting at like 10-15mg, going down to 0mg). Substituting Buprenorphine to any other opioid should provide an improvement over trying to kick Buprenorphine without another opioid taper.

How would tapering off a full agonist be any easier than tapering off a partial agonist (bupe)?

My experiance is the EXACT opposite.

I was on suboxone for a year started at 12 mgs down to 8 for the rest of the time i was on it so bout 10 months and then the dr did a month long taper and by the end of it i had no w.d or anything and felt great. you just gotta do this shit right. the pills dont fix the addiction it takes hours of therapy and digging deep inside and finding out why you used in the first place.

How would tapering off a full agonist be any easier than tapering off a partial agonist (bupe)?

exactly why i said everyone is different. and..for the person above me..your right..suboxone isnt a cure its a tool..a good tool to help with addiction and therapy along with suboxone is a great way...its not about why u did the drug in the 1st place..theres alot of non-addicts who do drugs...and can stop..its why are we addicted to this drug..but thats a whole diff story...i wanna stay on topic tho...like...90% of people i know on suboxone or who were on suboxone they told me suboxone withdrawal is pretty much the worst...its not to so much the intensity..its the duration of it

All suboxone does is delay the inevitable...withdrawals. That's why I cold turkey from opiates, instead of Subs or any of that other crap. Like someone said, withdrawal is withdrawal is withdrawal.

So true, I'm on day 8 without my subs and it's been hard as fuck (mostly the not sleeping because of the sweats and kicking).

Some people have little difficulty when tapering off of Buprenorphine after months of using it daily. Others, like me and Ufotofu, have/had great difficulty with this.

Switching the opioid you are using regularly with another opioid to taper alters the subjective effects of the detox. Particularly when you use an opioid with a longer half-life than the drug you are trying to detox from (Methadone does have a slightly longer half-life than Buprenorphine).

Some people have little difficulty when tapering off of Buprenorphine after months of using it daily. Others, like me and Ufotofu, have/had great difficulty with this.

Switching the opioid you are using regularly with another opioid to taper alters the subjective effects of the detox. Particularly when you use an opioid with a longer half-life than the drug you are trying to detox from (Methadone does have a slightly longer half-life than Buprenorphine).

indeed thats true bro...i mean honestly, like i said 90% i know on suboxone..which would be alot of people...say the withdrawal is way worst then full antagonist..considering the duration of suboxone...bbut like any opioid withdrawal its gonna be bad reguardless of what full antagonist/partial antagonist your using/abusing...but like tchort said...it alters the effects switching from full to partial...in many ways ...i honestly think for the better in the longrun for some people but for me and utoftu...the worst...if i did it all over again (whcih im sure i will lmao like any opiate addict)...im just gonna deal with the full antagonist withdrawals of oxy then fuckin jump on the suboxone train..i say this now...but maybe il jus go back to suboxone who the hell knows dude! but different strokes..for different folks..you know the saying ya diggg lol

I'm sorry the doctor is being like this, ufotofu.

However, it is possible that you may benefit from a 21 day taper using low doses of Methadone (starting at like 10-15mg, going down to 0mg). Substituting Buprenorphine to any other opioid should provide an improvement over trying to kick Buprenorphine without another opioid taper.

Perhaps your doctor will prescribe you enough 5mg Methadose tablets to do this taper?

If he will or he won't, you should at least try to get him to prescribe several medications used to treat the symptoms of opioid withdrawal. This is common practice in rehab facilities and hospitals. These drugs are mostly or all available in generic, and are very cheap. Some are OTC and equally cheap. While they work best combined with an opioid taper, they will help immensely by themselves.

Prescription medications:

1) Clonidine (brand name Catapres). A must, it is the best medication for opioid withdrawal symptoms. Will help with sweating, anxiety, blood pressure, heart rate, the hot/cold flashes, etc.

2) A Benzodiazepine, a medium to long acting one, especially Diazepam (Valium) and Chlordiazepoxide (Librium). Great for anxiety/panic, tremors, muscle tension/pain, etc.

3) Trazodone, Zolpidem (Ambien), Zaleplon (Sonata), etc. A sleep aid to combat insomnia.

Over-The-Counter Medications:

1) Meclizine (brand names Bonine, Dramamine II). An anti-Histamine that is an anti-emetic. It will help with nausea and vomiting, and will help with histamine related symptoms (watering eyes, runny nose, scratchy throat, etc).

2) Loperamide (Immodium). An opioid that only works on the mu receptors in the bowel. Will help with diarrhea and assorted withdrawl symptoms.

3) Ibuprofen (Advil). Ranked one of if not the best OTC pain reliever. Will help with general aches and pains.

4) Quinine (Restful Legs, various other names). Many chain pharmacies have medications that contain Quinine, which is a great drug for restless leg syndrome ('kicking').

EDIT:

http://www.doctordeluca.com/Library/DetoxEngage/OBOT_Detox.htm

You may want to print out that Open Letter, it contains data and philosophy behind prescribing an opioid (in that case Propoxyphene) in combination with the medications I listed above to treat opioid withdrawal in an outpatient setting (by a private doctor). It goes over the benefits to using an opioid along with symptom management medications to treat withdrawal syndrome.

Good luck man, hang in there.
im in my second night of being off suboxone, i tapered down to a 16th a day for a week andnow ive been taking catapres and phenobarb for the last two days, i was on suboxone for about 9 months, any suggestions, the sweatin and the restless kegs seem to be the worst of my symptoms so far that and overall feeling like shit, for some reason i also feel like im having trouble breathing at times. Any help would be greatly appreciated cause i never wanna be in this posistion again.

Unfortunately we (addicts) have internalized a lot of the moral model of addiction propaganda from the 1920s-1950s. I definitely think this 'bite the bullet', 'man up', etc attitude towards withdrawal and detox/staying abstinent from narcotics comes from these early (and completely false and harmful) ideas about what causes and maintains addiction and addictive behavior.

I don't believe it is a matter of inner strength or willpower. Willing away a problem that is based in physiology is no better than praying for it to go away- and we all know how often our prayers are answered.

I read an article about all of the painkiller addicts in rural Virginia's mining communities. A lot of Oxycodone and Hydrocodone addicts expressed this attitude that they would 'just do it the hard way', 'bite the bullet' etc. One of them put it bluntly with 'I've never known anyone to kick this habit the hard way'. Most of them are in MMT- something that is completely opposed to this moral model of addiction. But the rhetoric remains. I don't think it helps anyone, and it only hurts the people who are putting forward the best effort they possibly can to stop using. That just is not enough for everyone; dare I say most.

so what do you suggest is the most viable way of getting off opioid dependence? tapering a long-acting? tapering a short-acting?

also - i was surprised that someone said H is a short-acting opiate - i was on hydromorphone (dilaudid), obviously a short-acting drug -- then switched back to H for the fist time in a decade and couldn't believe how much longer the shots lasted.... now i want off of the shit -- all of it, and can't figure out the most reasonable way to do it.

it seems kicking something long acting would take forever, though theoretically it would be a less violent sickness -- if it just goes on and on for a month THAT could wear you out --- ending up in a failed attempt
vs.
kicking a short acting version: the w/ds would come-on faster, be more violent, but the whole thing would be over more quickly....

ideas? (i've never tried subs)

thanks!

so what do you suggest is the most viable way of getting off opioid dependence? tapering a long-acting? tapering a short-acting?

also - i was surprised that someone said H is a short-acting opiate - i was on hydromorphone (dilaudid), obviously a short-acting drug -- then switched back to H for the fist time in a decade and couldn't believe how much longer the shots lasted.... now i want off of the shit -- all of it, and can't figure out the most reasonable way to do it.

it seems kicking something long acting would take forever, though theoretically it would be a less violent sickness -- if it just goes on and on for a month THAT could wear you out --- ending up in a failed attempt
vs.
kicking a short acting version: the w/ds would come-on faster, be more violent, but the whole thing would be over more quickly....

ideas? (i've never tried subs)

thanks!

Subs are kind of great for ignoring the problem, the backlash(from my expriences doylin back and forth with them) caused seems to far outway the positivities.

It dulls everything!!!!

Depression, Pain and everything bad, but all nice and mild.

I've been addicted for ten years and the safest easiest option for me would be to have stock in the benzo regions. valium seems to hide almost everything. and having never had problems there i feel fairly safe.

It feels so much better to be feeling recovery in days in comparison to suicidal for what feels like an eternity.

In short subs (in my opinion) are for people who cant really fathom the reality of no more!!!

I am still there though but mid weeks my next attempt so as someone mentioned earlier can my opinions really be that reliable, trusted, regular.

never really went thru oc w/d...

I did go thru Subutex w/d - sweating was really bad, but it was one of the much less severe withdrawl symptoms :|

sub withdrawl

The sub withdrawal is nowhere near as intense as a heroin or oxy withdrawal...IF you taper your doses right....there is alot of ways you can do this...but it should take 4-8 weeks....anyone who takes more than 8mg of suboxone is a fool....no one needs more than that....I was doing alot of heroin and yes granted i might of felt better on 24mg, BUT i sure as hell didn't need it...the first week sucks but isnt even the worst part....the second week is anxiety filled and hell....no sleep at all...than a nap during the day....than AS the weeks go on an hour here an hour there until about 2-4 months you might get 4 hours here and 2 or three there....

STARING AT THE CEILING is by far the worse thing with any opiate withdrawal....and you'll have to deal with it with all of them.....

But suboxone withdrawal itself is really not that bad, it just lasts longer and your energy and zest for life is zapped for 6-12 weeks.....=D

maybe you can try a mild opiate for a week or so untill the bupe is outta your system and then do a 10 day bupe detox on your own thats wut i did but i just did the 10 day bupe detox i was doing bout 2 grams of heroin a day i used to smoke it so i had a big habbit i took bupe for 10 days in small dosages like 2 or 4 mg dont get me wrong i suffered alot but it was bareable now ive bin fully clean 4 2 weeks n i still have crazy rls and insomnia but like my dad always told me "you cooked the shit,now you gotta eat the shit"

Percocet Sweats

Hi guys... maybe you could help me with this one. I currently have a script for percocet (herniated discs in lower lumbar/sacral spine), but if I run out a day or two early I get the sweats. Like a cold clamminess not so much a SWEAT. I don't get headaches, shake, vomit, or diarrhea, just a cold clamminess, then I get hot, then cold n clammy again. Almost like I'm running a fever. So I figure my "withdrawl" is mild. I've heard darvocet or benzo's help with these types of mild symptoms. Is this so? Like, could I take 2-3 darvocet or ativan or something per day to counter act these "cold sweats" until I can refill my script? I do not abuse my perscription, I take it as perscribed, the only time I take more is when the weather is very bad and the pain is unbearable - it gets so I cannot walk because of syatic. I think this occurs because I've been on 10mgs for 3.5 years now.... anyone know the answer to this one??? Thanks so much

Mana

MaNa, sure i would imagine a few darvocet would help with the sweats, as would about any other opiate,(ie hydrocodone,subs,codeine,poppy pod tea, tramadol may even help) the ativan will help with sleep and feeling calm but probably wont do anything for the sweats though, depending on your tolerance kratom may even help. If you are only taking 10mg percocet at a time, kratom would probably help you feel much better.

as far as running out of meds early have you ever tried potentiation? like using tagament, or grapefruit juice prior to dosing to make the percocet a little stronger and work a little longer? i have also read DL-phenylanine is good to use for making pain meds more effective.