• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Suboxone withdrawal sweats vs Oxycodone withdrawal sweats

DipsetOxy87

Bluelighter
when i withdrawaled from oxy i knew it was coming and i wud be ready for it, and id deal with it like everyone...but the suboxone sweats..no matter how ready i am for it if i finish my sub script early, i turn into a little bitch...something about those sweats ....ruin your soul lol..

so, BL'ers, in your own personal opinion whats worst for you?

Suboxone is way worse for me. I don't know if its because I've wd from oxy so many times and I've become used to it or what but wd from suboxone lasts longer and keeps me from sleep no matter what I do. Oxy gives me more joint pain but its nothing I can't manage. With some dxm during the day and some imodium for my stomach I can even go to work wd from oxy. Suboxone has me so sensitive to temperatures and sweating so much I just can't do anything but curl up and lay there.

yea something about the suboxone sweats that really make it worst then oxy. it feels like your bodys about to go through a storm

and with oxy when i w/d my sweats are basically heavy on my back and thighs...with suboxone every part of my body sweats from my toes to my neck

Its funny you say toes because I've recently ruined a pair of shoes due to that alone.

i hate oc withdrawals. ivenever w/d from suboxone but oc is gnarley. the other day i had no money and i couldnt get any pills til monday. so i went sunday and 3/4's of monday, filled with water shits and the chills/sweats....SIGH..happy to say iom back to norm tho :)

Suboxone made me withdrawl for 2 weeks hardcore. Just like a full opiate, if not worset becuase of how long it lasted. But I did take it for a year and cold turkey.

With suboxone I got every withdrawl, muscles hurt, throwing up, using toilet alot, cant sleep, legs thrashing, terrible feelings.

With oxycodone withdrawl it would only last 3 days. My bones would hurt probably the most. Besides that I had way more hell with suboxone withdrawl becuase it wasn't lighter then other withdrawls and it lasted for 2 weeks+

I've only w/d'd from subs once, but the sweats I got were just like the goddamn sweats I get with pod w/d (which I've gone through dozens of times): just brutal full-body drenches. I have to change clothes three times in a half an hour, no exaggeration.

Same thing with the temperature sensitivity. I'll be sweating my body off and FREEZING. The temp sensitivity usually lasts for 2 weeks. I'm sweating all the time but I just can't get warm. People look at me funny because I'll be out in 65° weather in a Spiewak parka. And two hoodies.

Oxy w/d is a lot easier for me: more aches and pains, hips feel like they're going to dislocate with every step, more RLS and yawns and snot and tearing eyes. Yesterday I ran into a friend on the street and she put me through the compassionate gauntlet because she was convinced that I was crying and trying to put a good face on it. 8)

I'm planning on switching to oxy for my next w/d. I prefer oxycodone 5's for the short taper while easing into w/d. The biggest problem for me in w/d'ing from oxy is that once I get the things, I can't manage the taper. As soon as I get the bottle (I'm Rx'd), I just start throwing them down my throat like they were Pez.

Hmm, that would be a cool tool for a taper... a Percocet Pez dispenser (made of inch-thick steel) that only unlocks the exact number of pills for each dose. Wonder if I can get a patent for that? The first one would be Optimus Prime. I think I might be able to find a few customers.

lol word cuz, full body drenches is basically hitting the nail on the head, i end up changing boxers and socks 4 or 5 times a day, it fucking sucks thang the lord jesus for tramadol

Hytrin for Sbx Sweats

Hytrin is a blood-pressure medicine that has shown some promise in treating the sweats. Anyone tried it yet?

For me, withdrawal is withdrawal is withdrawl.

The cluck felt the same regardless - fucking horrible.

The sweating is one of the symtoms that gets to me the most. That and restless legs (aka "midnight breakdancing")

a Percocet Pez dispenser (made of inch-thick steel) that only unlocks the exact number of pills for each dose. Wonder if I can get a patent for that?

I'm almost postive they have pill dispensers that are kinda like that, that will dispense 1 or 2 or whatever your dose per day, I think you lock it with a key and have to give the key to someone, my buddy almost got one, Id probably just end up breakin the damn thing tho lol

Why don't you just taper down off subo? If you have script that is. I'd say taper off oxy but we all know how that works, aka it doesn't! haha, thats just my personal experience, to each his own.

People are often maintained on doses of buprenorphine that are far more potent than the equivalent dose of their drug of abuse. I mean by huge orders of magnitude not just a few specks.

So if you went to the doctor because you were dependent on 160mg of oxycodone daily (especially if that means through the day, not per dose) and s/he puts you on 16mg of buprenorphine, then you cut off that (or more likely you tried to abuse it and ran out early) and those withdrawals are deathly hell-- falling down a spiral staircase of depression and physical agony.

That's a bit exaggerated but this is a story I hear all the time: small habits getting big doses of potent maintainnance meds because they're "less abusable" or "less euphoric" and therefor less risky to dose up on. If the program is followed well and tapered slowly this can be true, but for those who abuse their meds and run out early the results are catastrophic in the beginning of buprenorphine maintainnance where doses are often equivalent large multiples of the drug of abuse.

EDIT:
PS-- the best doses of suboxone/buprenorphine to come off of are <1mg doses. 2mg is tolerable in my experience, though. It's about how fit you are, how much you want to be clean, how active you're willing to be in feeling better and getting over the drugs.

Hello,

I have tried to come off of Subutex after having tapered down to, like, one crumbs every other day. By day six I couldn't take it anymore and I went back on the Subs. I felt instant relief, but I also felt like I had failed.

I was originally put on Subutex for pain, not Opiate addiction, and so this was my first Opiate withdrawal. It didn't take well.

I was thinking that I could make the Subutex withdrawal more tolerable by taking Oxycontin during the withdrawal period.

Does anyone have any opinions on this, especially considering that I have never had a Opiate dependency before.

Thanks

I found sweating to be worse from kicking IV Heroin than Suboxone. However, the overall withdrawal syndrome was worse with Buprenorphine than from Heroin. Not due to duration, but due to intensity of the psychological symptoms (suicidal ideation, intense fear, agorophobia, panic attacks, etc).

Easying subutex withdrawal with short acting opiodes

I found sweating to be worse from kicking IV Heroin than Suboxone. However, the overall withdrawal syndrome was worse with Buprenorphine than from Heroin. Not due to duration, but due to intensity of the psychological symptoms (suicidal ideation, intense fear, agorophobia, panic attacks, etc).

Wow, I find that incredible that you found that the overall withdrawal syndrome was worse with Buprenorphine than from Heroin. That's even more extreme example than I would have expected.

I'd like to PM you for more information, but can you tell me if you were actually successful in withdrawing from Subutex?

If so, you would be the first person that I have heard of who has successfully said "goodbye" to Buperenorphine.

I wonder if anyone knows of any examples of people who have used short acting opiode agonists like Oxycodone to ease the withdrawals of Subutex. Thanks.