• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread v. 19

No one suggested that they should take methadone.

**And if you are talking about me you are the true "Fucking Idiot" **
I was bashing methadone, and also saying my opinion about it, which is bad. So check your self.

Because NO ONE suggested that any one take methadone, in this forum. This is part, of the suboxone megathread I believe
Wasn't talkin about you cocksucker... Look at Erikmen's post on this same page... YOU check yourself foo

I've been on 12 mg of suboxone for over a year. It has definitely improved my life, and it does help with pain

My physician has moved to a new practice, which complicates things, because my most recent Rx is held up for not having prior approval. There are a number of other complications, but let's move along.

I don't have enough sub. to get through the weekend and into next week. This may all come together beautifully. BUT: If it doesn't, I'll be a hurtin' cowboy by Sunday night. Really bad on Monday morning -- and I cannot miss work.

So, question -- can I use opioid pain meds once I start into withdrawal?? I have quite a few MSContin 2 mg tablets, and some Norco as well.
I do NOT want to get back on that shit, but I can't be laid up with the Joneses.

What's the scoop??
Thing is, you don´t have many options as you explained your situation. You could use methadone because it will temporarily release you from the withdraw symptoms. It´s a different direction but it does more or less what subs is doing for you. That´s your best shot if you don´t want to be on opiates again.

Other than that, if you really don´t have access to subs nor methadone you could apply for sick leave and try to go through this or you might need to get hold of some mild opiate to handle your withdraw, and use is extremely on a need basis if you can.

My bad, I thought you were referring to me

Hi
I am currently on 32mg if suboxone a day and have been for maybe 18 months now.

I have considered changing to methadone for a few reasons even though I have a really good situation with the subs for my lifestyle (weekly pickup so I takeaway 224mg a week and no supervised doses, have never been drug tested, which is fine because I'm not using and I only have to see my dr once every three months to stay on the program.). This works well for me as I have 5 kids and a business to run 60 hours a week and my dr is a 4 hour drive away. I know methadone is a heap more restrictive but I'm having some pain issues, some explained and some yet to be diagnosed so I'm hoping that methadone may help more with that as its so frustrating living with pain and not being able to take anything more than paracetamol and ibuprofen.

I am trying to find out what the equivalent dose of methadone would be to 32mg of bupe? I don't have an appointment for awhile.

Also any other suggestions for pain while on maintenance?? I've tried paracetamol, ibuprofen, heat, massage, creams and gels etc. I do have an old tramdol script (which I hate but maybe willing to try just for pain if I can.)

Thanks all.

Merged.

Someone with experience will get to you when they see your question

Hi
I am currently on 32mg if suboxone a day and have been for maybe 18 months now.

I have considered changing to methadone for a few reasons even though I have a really good situation with the subs for my lifestyle (weekly pickup so I takeaway 224mg a week and no supervised doses, have never been drug tested, which is fine because I'm not using and I only have to see my dr once every three months to stay on the program.). This works well for me as I have 5 kids and a business to run 60 hours a week and my dr is a 4 hour drive away. I know methadone is a heap more restrictive but I'm having some pain issues, some explained and some yet to be diagnosed so I'm hoping that methadone may help more with that as its so frustrating living with pain and not being able to take anything more than paracetamol and ibuprofen.

I am trying to find out what the equivalent dose of methadone would be to 32mg of bupe? I don't have an appointment for awhile.

Also any other suggestions for pain while on maintenance?? I've tried paracetamol, ibuprofen, heat, massage, creams and gels etc. I do have an old tramdol script (which I hate but maybe willing to try just for pain if I can.)

Thanks all.
32mg of suboxone a day is absolutely absurd. It just is man, I cant believe your doctor has you on that. There is no need to ever take that much. Anyway, I would start tapering down on the sub dose first. You could easily drop to about 8mg no problem. (Honestly taking 8mg is ridicules, and you're taking 32). Once you get down to about 8, switch over to 80mg methadone. However, I would not advise you to switch, I think its a huge mistake.

Last edited:
need help?

Buprenorphine gets metabolized into norbuprenorphine in your liver, by 3A4.

Buspar ( Buspirone ) has been shownto be metabolized byCYP3A4. This finding is consistent with the interactions observed between buspirone and these inhibitors inducers ofcytochrome P4503A4 (CYP3A4), among other.

Buspar induction of cytochrome P450 enzyme CYP3A4 and CYP2C9, should or does ? Result in increased metabolism Anddecreased concentration and effect.??? Concerned here and wondering, or would they have a more increased effect and concentration?

So overall, I just really want to here either experiences or quality information on this topic, thank you so much.

I know this is random and doesnt apply to this thread I need help here

Damn I feel like shit this buspar is horrible for anxiety relief. .. my doctor sure did kick me in the stones, well my sub doctor. I was taking 1mg twice sometimes 3 times a day for like months now, along with my suboxone and have been 100 % fine. Then he drops me to .5s and gives me 20 and this ridiculous wiening down taper. And 60 15mg buspar .. its day7 I have no xanax left I am exp. Horrible anxiety and panic attacks, bi polar behavior crying, then laughing. Racing heart
I called there office asked to speak to him, the nurse said I would have to make a appt. So I made one for tomorrow at 12:30 p.m eastern time.

Do you think he will prescribed me at least some xanax or just tell me to kick rocks, im worried
please help, sorry if this is wrong thread.
I DO NOT abuse my xanax, or suboxone, and do not condone it.
Please help

Damn I feel like shit this buspar is horrible for anxiety relief. .. my doctor sure did kick me in the stones, well my sub doctor. I was taking 1mg twice sometimes 3 times a day for like months now, along with my suboxone and have been 100 % fine. Then he drops me to .5s and gives me 20 and this ridiculous wiening down taper. And 60 15mg buspar .. its day7 I have no xanax left I am exp. Horrible anxiety and panic attacks, bi polar behavior crying, then laughing. Racing heart
I called there office asked to speak to him, the nurse said I would have to make a appt. So I made one for tomorrow at 12:30 p.m eastern time.

Do you think he will prescribed me at least some xanax or just tell me to kick rocks, im worried
please help, sorry if this is wrong thread.
I DO NOT abuse my xanax, or suboxone, and do not condone it.
Please help
If you have a history with benzos, buspar will not do shit. This is what my doctor has informed me of, plus I've experienced it myself.

Buspar will only be effective for anxiety for someone who has never taken benzos... And even then it usually doesn't work...

Buspar, the few times I tried it, just knocked me out cold. Literally me and a few friends on I think 2 occasions had some, prob stolen form a parent way back when, and we pop em and just all can't stay awake for more than 30 mins, passing out in a room for the next few hours. Then we wake up and all are like "well that was a nice waste of time". No fun, no recreational value compared to benzos that have some, imo. The buspar had no effect after waking aside from making you feel like you took a long nap, as well. While I had a tolerance I might get real tired and pass out from xanax for a few hours if I took a heavy dose, I would wake up and still have a decent effect from the med after waking, particularly true with longer acting ones like kpin, but I rarely would pass out on those. At the time I had tried enough xanax and k pin to know it was not a worthwhile drug to "abuse". If I wanted to sleep ya sure, that or a flexeril will knock you out cold.

Also XTreme, I doubt any dr Rx's more xanax, you'd be better being put on a valium taper if you have gotten thru some time off the xanax. Usually (depending on your dose) your best bet would be ween down the xanax and start to slowly replace some of the xanax with valium, slowly taking more valium and less xanax, while also tapering down the doses. Eventually you will just be taking valium and taper it to low dose like 5 mg a day or less that can leave you functional when you cut out the benzos cold turkey. Good luck, I got some not so great xanax dependence issues and also take Sub so I know what you mean. You should not go through both Suboxone and any benzo w/d at the same time, its not impossible but its just plain unsafe. I didn't see your doses for the xanax or how you ended up not having any more. I am just going to assume it was low-ish (1 mg or less a day) and switching straight to valium will be the best bet and then a slow taper on that. You just have to take a dr to work with you, it helps you were prescribed it and didn't "abuse" the medication. Not like my boat where I take benzos therapeutically (imo), but I self medicate. Its actually a double whammy b/c I want to at least get my Subs from a Dr. but I know when I piss hot for xanax they will frown upon that and possibly reject me, or insist I stop completely, which I will not. I need to taper, my life is too busy and I am not getting a month off work anytime soon, to allow a cold turkey of the benzo, also I don't wish to go thru that anyway. Even though I'd insist my opiate tolerance is high enough that its not such a big deal combining with a benzo, especially taking a reasonable dose and wanting to taper off it. But, most Dr's look at it as abuse, even if you are more careful without dosing than what many Drs would Rx.

Last edited:
Buspar, the few times I tried it, just knocked me out cold. Literally me and a few friends on I think 2 occasions had some, prob stolen form a parent way back when, and we pop em and just all can't stay awake for more than 30 mins, passing out in a room for the next few hours. Then we wake up and all are like "well that was a nice waste of time". No fun, no recreational value compared to benzos that have some, imo. The buspar had no effect after waking aside from making you feel like you took a long nap, as well. While I had a tolerance I might get real tired and pass out from xanax for a few hours if I took a heavy dose, I would wake up and still have a decent effect from the med after waking, particularly true with longer acting ones like kpin, but I rarely would pass out on those. At the time I had tried enough xanax and k pin to know it was not a worthwhile drug to "abuse". If I wanted to sleep ya sure, that or a flexeril will knock you out cold.
The two drugs you mention that "knock u out"...buspar and flexeril, do absolutely nothing for me. Nor do they do anything for anyone I've ever known thats tryed them, even at extreme doses... So that is very hard for me to believe that they knock u out. (by themselves, when you're sober)

Last edited:
Man that piece of shit doctor, made me go to the ER and lied to my face, and my wifes. Trying to say I dont take my suboxone. When she takes them with me daily. I will be sueing him for malpractice
I could of died, benzo withdrawal is no joke.

Man that piece of shit doctor, made me go to the ER and lied to my face, and my wifes. Trying to say I dont take my suboxone. When she takes them with me daily. I will be sueing him for malpractice
I could of died, benzo withdrawal is no joke.
Explain...

Explain...

To be honest with you, my wife and I went to see my suboxone doctor, who recently gave me the buspar 15mg 60count and only .5mgs 20count of xanax, and some crazy wiening taper. Which even the pharmacist thought was weird and not right. .. well I called ithe receptionist 7 days later all fucked up, in terrible benzo withdrawal, and I have mental health problems which have been diagnosed by my psychiatrist. I was all bi polar crying, laughing, sick nauseous, dry mouth panic attacks bad. Well she told me she could make me appt for tomorrow which was yesterday. I went in got weighed, just in that 7 days I lost 5 pounds had a fever, and higher than my normal blood pressure. This was done by the nurse. Then I was instructed to take a drug test piss test, so I did at first I couldnt go, then I drank a little water. Went and pissed.

Now this is when shit goes crazy, I go back in the doctor room with my wife, she asked me if I went and I said yes, then I sat down, then he comes right in, now there is no way there was even enough time to do a drug test, And he begins to yell at me and ask me what the fuck is wrong with me, I try to explain I am in severe benzo withdrawal. He out of no where starts to blame me and tell my wife and I that I dont take my subs that I sell them or trade them Lmao. And that there was no suboxone in my urine. Now my wife takes my suboxone with me everyday lol. And my whole family knows I am on suboxone, and I have done nothing but florish, gain weight, become so healthy doing really good, noted by my counselor and psychiatrist. Almost about to enter a job service, snd then bammmmmm he tries to take away my xanax and gives me buspar.... When a real doctor would know it takes weeks to taper from benzos, especially xanax. Well long story short he thought it was so unhealthy for me to take my xanax and suboxone. But its funny because all I did was do successfull positive things and I wasnt even abusing the xanax just tsking as prescribed. I was so more unhealthy during those 7days and then I wound up in the E.R literally because he would not provide me with anything. He said he couldn't and that I was lieing and all this bullshit.

idk im gunna probably call some lawyers shit was fowl bro I swear.

The E.R gave me 7 xanax 1mgs.
I called my g.p and I got an appt. Tomorrow with him
and got to talk this all over and either start a real taperor jjust up or change my medication.
I also tske 15mg remeron at night.

Now I have about 40 sub strips left, now either me or my wife is going to go to a new doc and get more, but worst case scenario if we couldn't (which we can) is there a safe taper for us with that much subs.
I take about 4-8mgs daily, she takes about 2-5mgs daily sublingually with the alcohol method which raises BA.

If we had to do we have enough to do a safe taper?

Also please type out the steps in detail if anyone knows one, or put in the link to a good one.

Thank you
yall take care and
stay up

I had a nasty xanax habit once, and i did a .25mg drop every ten days. It was still rough. I second the suggestion to switch to valium. I still take valium, 20mg a day and i am also bipolar.

I just started a sub program after a run on large amounts fentanyl and years of opiates abuse. I'm getting everything, including subs, from my shrink, who i just started to see. I'd been trying to manage my mood with drugs and alcohol and it hadnt been working very well. He's awesome compared to some of the sub doc stories i'm reading around here. He started me at 16mg of subs, upped it to 24 after a week, two 10mg valium a day, one 30mg temazepam @ bedtime, stocked me up on gabapentin and clonidine for the transition and said next month we could talk about adding vyvanse for energy if i needed it. That's in addition to my Topamax and celexa. He also drug tests, and but told me he doesn't recommend patients smoke weed but wont kick anyone out of the program if they test positive for it.

Sounds like a pill mill, but he definitely is not.He is part of a large catholic managed care hospital system in a very conservative state. He is just genuinely concerned and wants his patients to be comfortable, functional and happy. I think i really lucked out, but if you can find a shrink to handle your subs and your psych meds i'd go that route.

I went to my G.p today, he lectured
but then gave me 2mg once daily bars
so I have my xanax ahain, but have to find a new sub doc, not hard around h er e

I've been prescribed bupe only troche/gummies since early December of '14. Before that I was using heroin, and before that I was on the sub films.
Does anyone else whose had both for maintenence feel like bupe only doesn't "hold" you as long as suboxone? I have to dose 2mg 2-3x a day (sublingually). On the bupe only I feel like I have to dose more often. I'm tryn to get my insurance to cover generic bupe tabs bc (I know this sounds bad) but I wanna experience straight bupe iv, heard it's way better than iv suboxone. Any thoughts?

Theres honestly not too much of a
difference. I have had both subutex
generic also. Suboxone pills, also strips N8s
Also ZubSolv.

And to be honest I have used all via IV except zubsolv, buttttttttt I have heard zubsolv is the best IV idk never tried, plus only had a 15 blister pack of them for free. And all the above others pretty much the same. Subutex to me is a little more of a cleaner high***

Went back to my strips. But now wow I need to finda new doctor, I counted ttoday I have like 36 strips left. Which is plenty for my wife and I, but we found 2 new doctors and we both have amazing insurance because of me :)

But anyways im gunna get a new doc
and I got my bars today from mt REAL DOCTOR LOL, I just cant believe I wound up in the e.r
and I have been dope sick many times from H

But mannnnnn benzo withdrawal ugh
horrible, I get the chills just thinking about it
I was just in the E.R

They administerd 1mg there, and provided prescription for 6. Made a emergency follow up with my doc, and told him everything, and he did
what he could and provided me with my correct medication.

NOW I FEEL LIKE MY NORMAL SELF AGAIN
I LOVE IT

I agree that there is not much of a difference. Also one dose should hold you for at least a day due to Bupes long half life. I feel many people dosing multiple times a day are doing themselves no favour.
When I got off it last year I did not experience any symptoms until day 3, but then it hit me hard.

Btw, it is time again. I did my last 0,4mg this morning and got some Kratom, Benzos and Gabapentin but my main worry is the puking. It was unbearable last time and I could not eat anything for about 4 days. I asked this before but what helps against the throw ups? Got some MCP tablets but they have to stay down there at first to work.
I can handle most of the WD but not the puking, cant imagine how horrible it must be coming of high doses of full agonists...

I dunno, I've had the old stop signs, strips, and now bupe-only troches. I agree one dose should hold u all day and it did for me w strips (2mg), but these bupe only gummies don't have the staying power, If I'm behaving i have to take 2MG 2x a day sometimes 3x a day just to keep off the edge. Not to be grotesque but I can tell by the motility of my bowels and mood changes that bupe only doesn't last as long. Maybe the troche aren't as efficient at delivering the dose, I dunno but there's def a difference.
the bupe-only also felt much better than suboxone (taken subl), at least for the first couple days. I've read it all before, binding affinity this n tha,t but the narcan is doing something, especially if iv'd. When I was shooting .25 2-3x a day off a strip I would get this weird, hot, slight discomfort for the first 10 min, then the bupe would settle in. Maybe I didn't have enough bupe built up in my system to block the naloxone. I see it like this; bupe has a slower onset than nalox one so if u shot a sub w little in your system the nalox will reach your brain faster than the bupe. But since nalaxone has such a short half life it wears off fast and the bupe kicks off whatever is left once it reaches the brain. I'm bout to go get my 'text tabs, shoot one n then I guess I'll have the whole story.
Peace

Btw, it is time again. I did my last 0,4mg this morning and got some Kratom, Benzos and Gabapentin but my main worry is the puking. It was unbearable last time and I could not eat anything for about 4 days. I asked this before but what helps against the throw ups? Got some MCP tablets but they have to stay down there at first to work.
I can handle most of the WD but not the puking, cant imagine how horrible it must be coming of high doses of full agonists...
maybe you could try benadryl or if it's easily available promethazine, for your nausea