• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread v. 19

Just took 1mg sub, can't get to liquor store, and .1 clonidine but that's what I take everyday so I'll up it when I get home I guess. At work legit sweating and severe back pain. My WD's suck so bad, I don't know why. No meds seem to touch them. Literally telling myself just get through tonight, don't overdraw your bank account, lose your job, your home, your family. I wish I wasn't going home alone tonight.
If you've been on a run for a long time 1mg aint really going to do shit... take atleast 4mg.

If you've been on a run for a long time 1mg aint really going to do shit... take atleast 4mg.

Right, but try the alcohol method and you would
be surprised how much stronger 1mg is

And nocturnelle has very limited supply untill they get there script, that's why there takin 1mg tryin to strectch it out..

Step 1. Cut/crush desired amount of Suboxone,
put it in the cooker, spoon, tsp. Etc

Step2. Add highproof alcohol with syringe about 30-40units depending how much Suboxone you use, and needle size.

Step3. Let it sit for a minute, then stir untill well mixed.

Step4. Dump mixture under tongue and hold, its going to burn a little, but the effects are astonishing

Thats fast description but you get the idea

I have just tried this with a tiny amount of subutex. I take 1 2mg and 3 0.4mg every day. I crushed up one of my 0.4 using this method (and some vodka and kahlua to make it taste better...) and then just took the rest normally. My normal dose, if taken properly, does have an effect on me so fingers crossed.

I have been taking bupe for 11 years now, started on a much higher dose now down to this, but ive been here for a long time. My Doctor was too scared to wean me off any more because she didn't want to rock the boat... Now she is retired and i have been passed over to my GP.

Sometimes i wonder whether i genuinely have any hope of ever stopping taking this after being on it for such a long time.

Nocturnelle , i really hope you get sorted out soon and start to feel better :(.

I have just tried this with a tiny amount of subutex. I take 1 2mg and 3 0.4mg every day. I crushed up one of my 0.4 using this method (and some vodka and kahlua to make it taste better...) and then just took the rest normally. My normal dose, if taken properly, does have an effect on me so fingers crossed.

I have been taking bupe for 11 years now, started on a much higher dose now down to this, but ive been here for a long time. My Doctor was too scared to wean me off any more because she didn't want to rock the boat... Now she is retired and i have been passed over to my GP.

Sometimes i wonder whether i genuinely have any hope of ever stopping taking this after being on it for such a long time.

Nocturnelle , i really hope you get sorted out soon and start to feel better :(.

Im glad you tried the method, but you should of did it with all of your dose, instead of just half or quarter, I didnt really understand what you said. But how much sub are you prescribed a day and how much do you really take?

*The alcohol method will work wonders by making your dose stronger and last longer, you can actually use less when you use this method. You just have to do it right, idk about the kahlua added but im sure it didnt do harm.

Post back with your results, thank you!

It was awesome :).
It kicked in so much faster, in 20 minutes as opposed to it normally taking two hours before i feel it, and doing it this way meant i felt it stronger.

Next time i will use more. I didn't do it with all of it this time because i was scared i was going to fuck it up somehow.

I am prescribed just under 4mg a day and take all of it. I've been stable on this dose for about 5 years. But this week ive been taking modafinil and i was concerned that it would have an effect on my buprenorphine uptake. I definitely have been feeling anxious and agitated for the last few days. So using this method to help me out for a bit seems like a good plan.

And it definitely worked, so thank-you

It was awesome :).
It kicked in so much faster, in 20 minutes as opposed to it normally taking two hours before i feel it, and doing it this way meant i felt it stronger.

Next time i will use more. I didn't do it with all of it this time because i was scared i was going to fuck it up somehow.

I am prescribed just under 4mg a day and take all of it. I've been stable on this dose for about 5 years. But this week ive been taking modafinil and i was concerned that it would have an effect on my buprenorphine uptake. I definitely have been feeling anxious and agitated for the last few days. So using this method to help me out for a bit seems like a good plan.

And it definitely worked, so thank-you

You are Welcome, that's what I am here for help, and information. Im glad you found the method useful, I use it everyday as I too am prescribed suboxone.

If you dont mind me asking why were/are you taking modafinil? If I understand it is used to treat/cure a wide variety of conditions/disorders.

You will find that the alcohol method will come in handy quite often, like I said I usually use it daily this way. I too take 4mg a day but in 2mg intervals, once in a.m once in p.m. But I am prescribed 12mg daily, along with buspar 15mg twice daily, because they are weining me off my xanax they want me off them, which is probably a good idea ... I also take 15mg of remeron at night.

But yeah spread the word about this method as I am trying to inform everyone, that doesn't already know.
TRY IT AND I GUARANTEE YOU will have positive affects, as long as you dont take too much and are opiate naive. But if your on maintenance this will definitely help you 100% save, possibly cut back.
Also you sometimes will catch a slight buzz/glow very euphoric. But I plan to taper soon.

Take Care
Be Safe

Suboxone withdrawal - opioid use?

I've been on 12 mg of suboxone for over a year. It has definitely improved my life, and it does help with pain

My physician has moved to a new practice, which complicates things, because my most recent Rx is held up for not having prior approval. There are a number of other complications, but let's move along.

I don't have enough sub. to get through the weekend and into next week. This may all come together beautifully. BUT: If it doesn't, I'll be a hurtin' cowboy by Sunday night. Really bad on Monday morning -- and I cannot miss work.

So, question -- can I use opioid pain meds once I start into withdrawal?? I have quite a few MSContin 2 mg tablets, and some Norco as well.
I do NOT want to get back on that shit, but I can't be laid up with the Joneses.

What's the scoop??

I've been on 12 mg of suboxone for over a year. It has definitely improved my life, and it does help with pain

My physician has moved to a new practice, which complicates things, because my most recent Rx is held up for not having prior approval. There are a number of other complications, but let's move along.

I don't have enough sub. to get through the weekend and into next week. This may all come together beautifully. BUT: If it doesn't, I'll be a hurtin' cowboy by Sunday night. Really bad on Monday morning -- and I cannot miss work.

So, question -- can I use opioid pain meds once I start into withdrawal?? I have quite a few MSContin 2 mg tablets, and some Norco as well.
I do NOT want to get back on that shit, but I can't be laid up with the Joneses.

What's the scoop??

Thing is, you don´t have many options as you explained your situation. You could use methadone because it will temporarily release you from the withdraw symptoms. It´s a different direction but it does more or less what subs is doing for you. That´s your best shot if you don´t want to be on opiates again.

Other than that, if you really don´t have access to subs nor methadone you could apply for sick leave and try to go through this or you might need to get hold of some mild opiate to handle your withdraw, and use is extremely on a need basis if you can.

What's the scoop??

Its 2015, if your not on insurance, obtain some kind (very easy currently)

Then go to suboxone.com and enter your zipcode, you will be hooked up instantly with many suboxone doctors in your area.

Call all of them find your best bet, and schedule a appointment.

Then once you have your new script you can begin your taper, once you have reached this position p.m. me or just msg on here, and I will help you with a good taper plan, for you and your overall health, thank you very much.

*This is honestly the BEST advice I could suggest for a situation like yours* If you have to to use other opiates to help you until you can get an appointment then by all means use them wisely.

GET IN WITH A DOCTOR THOUGH.

What's the scoop??

O and also no matter what doctor or insurance company, you always have to get prior autherization
ususally with suboxone.
But your obviously going to need a new doctor

from heroin to suboxone, iso advise

i have been using heroin for about a year now. roa is snorting, i am deathly afraid of needles and wouldnt let a phlebotomist shot me up; certainly wouldnt self iv dope.

i use four to five stamp bags a day of east coast powder heroin.

it really helps me.i am autistic, have add, and have been diagnosed with depression. it is the best medication i have found and i find it treats all three of my mental health problems. i hate that because of whatever reasons it is illegal. i am sure so many here agree that drugs shouldnt be illegal. it is an awful situation for so many people! i can argue the point indefinitely but i am sure everyone is aware of why drugs should be legal.

my urgent concern is that this week i picked up two bundles, and there is much less dope in them than i am used to

my solution is to pick up some suboxone. but i dont want to get two weeks worth of suboxone and go through withdraw. i am not sure which sub forum my questions belong, but maybe someone could point me in the right direction.

my questions are, a. will switching from dope (nasal roa, 4-5. stamp bags per 24 hrs) to suboxone cause withdraw or any other unpleasantness? b. appx what mg suboxone should i use a day and how should i dose it? c. will the suboxone help me the way heroin has been? ie. will i find myself calmer and more able to focus (i am learning coding)?, help me feel normal in public places (as opposed to autistic, sensory overload, hard to communicate, obsessive)?, feel happy and motivated?

i realize answering my quetions is a bit tough, because you dont know much about me, and even face to face with a doctor i dont think trhey could be answered matter of fact, but do your best. and of course ask me whatever you want to know to have a better understanding to answer my questions. thanks!

Suboxone to methadone equivalency?

Hi
I am currently on 32mg if suboxone a day and have been for maybe 18 months now.

I have considered changing to methadone for a few reasons even though I have a really good situation with the subs for my lifestyle (weekly pickup so I takeaway 224mg a week and no supervised doses, have never been drug tested, which is fine because I'm not using and I only have to see my dr once every three months to stay on the program.). This works well for me as I have 5 kids and a business to run 60 hours a week and my dr is a 4 hour drive away. I know methadone is a heap more restrictive but I'm having some pain issues, some explained and some yet to be diagnosed so I'm hoping that methadone may help more with that as its so frustrating living with pain and not being able to take anything more than paracetamol and ibuprofen.

I am trying to find out what the equivalent dose of methadone would be to 32mg of bupe? I don't have an appointment for awhile.

Also any other suggestions for pain while on maintenance?? I've tried paracetamol, ibuprofen, heat, massage, creams and gels etc. I do have an old tramdol script (which I hate but maybe willing to try just for pain if I can.)

Thanks all.

https://www.zubsolv.com/healthcareprofessionals/about-zubsolv/study-006/

I just wanted to note this^ site's graph, its like 3/4 the way down the page. Obviously this is a manufacturer's site but the graph seems legit and shows plasma levels of buprenorphine in the blood. I think it justifies why myself and many others dose their Sub 2x a day. There is clearly a steep decline in plasma levels between the peak compared to only several hours later. If you are dosing in the range of 2-4 mg a day or less, you are not keeping a steady level in your bloodstream like so many will insist because it 'has a 37 hour half life'. Half life is not the sole contributor to the duration of action for a chemical in the blood and shouldn't be the only factor when determining how often a drug should or needs to be dosed.

Its seems so common for people who have been on 8+mg/day doses to taper to 2 mg/day and claim it is easy. But, going any lower is the tough part. Which is when splitting the dose up can help, you are finally dosing at a level that is dropping well below the opiate receptor agonizing threshold that Buprenorphine possesses, particularly if you are only dosing 1x/day, so breaking it up to 2x will help balance the level in your system and help you stabilize at low doses.

This is a pretty common bit of advice, but so many people a 2nd daily dose is only "placebo" effect, I don't think so and I think plasma levels represented by this graph explain why. There are flow charts representing bupe level based solely on half life out there that are just foolish to go by. Like one showing if you take 16 mg, 1x/day you will basically have 40 mg in your system by day 11. That is nonsense, it is just presuming the drug gets metabolized at a steady rate of whatever its half life happens to be and it surely is not taking into account different body chemistry in metabolizing the drug. Sure some people might agree or disagree but with a drug like bupe its far more of a YMMV factor than most others.

What's the scoop??
This has happened to me before a number of times, running out early, it sucks. Youll be okay using other opiates until u can get more suboxone, some people even do it for the hell of it, even if they arnt out. Just make sure u wait 24hrs before taking a suboxone once youre finished with the other choice opiates...

Whatever you do DONT do methadone like that fuckin idiot said. Its best to choose some short acting opiate (heroin ex.)

What's the scoop??
https://www.zubsolv.com/healthcareprofessionals/about-zubsolv/study-006/

I just wanted to note this^ site's graph, its like 3/4 the way down the page. Obviously this is a manufacturer's site but the graph seems legit and shows plasma levels of buprenorphine in the blood. I think it justifies why myself and many others dose their Sub 2x a day. There is clearly a steep decline in plasma levels between the peak compared to only several hours later. If you are dosing in the range of 2-4 mg a day or less, you are not keeping a steady level in your bloodstream like so many will insist because it 'has a 37 hour half life'. Half life is not the sole contributor to the duration of action for a chemical in the blood and shouldn't be the only factor when determining how often a drug should or needs to be dosed.

Its seems so common for people who have been on 8+mg/day doses to taper to 2 mg/day and claim it is easy. But, going any lower is the tough part. Which is when splitting the dose up can help, you are finally dosing at a level that is dropping well below the opiate receptor agonizing threshold that Buprenorphine possesses, particularly if you are only dosing 1x/day, so breaking it up to 2x will help balance the level in your system and help you stabilize at low doses.

This is a pretty common bit of advice, but so many people a 2nd daily dose is only "placebo" effect, I don't think so and I think plasma levels represented by this graph explain why. There are flow charts representing bupe level based solely on half life out there that are just foolish to go by. Like one showing if you take 16 mg, 1x/day you will basically have 40 mg in your system by day 11. That is nonsense, it is just presuming the drug gets metabolized at a steady rate of whatever its half life happens to be and it surely is not taking into account different body chemistry in metabolizing the drug. Sure some people might agree or disagree but with a drug like bupe its far more of a YMMV factor than most others.

Very true

What's the scoop??
This has happened to me before a number of times, running out early, it sucks. Youll be okay using other opiates until u can get more suboxone, some people even do it for the hell of it, even if they arnt out. Just make sure u wait 24hrs before taking a suboxone once youre finished with the other choice opiates...

Whatever you do DONT do methadone like that fuckin idiot said. Its best to choose some short acting opiate (heroin ex.)

No one suggested that they should take methadone.

**And if you are talking about me you are the true "Fucking Idiot" **
I was bashing methadone, and also saying my opinion about it, which is bad. So check your self.

Because NO ONE suggested that any one take methadone, in this forum. This is part, of the suboxone megathread I believe