• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v17.0 + v18.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so frustrated with myself... I got down to 4 mg for a few days and then somehow talked myself back into going up to 8 mg, been taking 8 mg for the past three days but life sucks. Everything sucks. I feel extremely empty, have felt so for so long it's unreal.... but I went to 4 mg suboxone and then convinced myself that taken it was much better; music wasn't so intense, I was more confident with people etc.... What the hell have I gone and done? Will I always feel so empty or will this leave me once I'm off this.... I don't know what to think or feel anymore about this drug; I feel like there's two people battling inside me.... one for suboxone the other against it and there's no way of winning. I really don't know what to do anymore... :(

Evey

Evey, I can't recall, did you ever stabilize at 6 mg or are you trying to jump from 8 to 4. Something tells me that's the case, and if it is, I would recommend trying six before you go down to four. 8 to 4, at least for me, is way too big of a jump. Even if you were at six, I would recommend trying five before four.

Also, have you tried any counseling or meetings. I know some people aren't big into that kind of stuff, but for me, I got to a point where I realized I really couldn't go any further without some kind of counseling, and I am getting into that now. If you really don't think that's for you, I get it, but I know for a lot of people, there are some issues that really need to be worked out while they are on Suboxone.

Try not to get discouraged, the fact is, you're still on bupe, and you haven't relapsed, so as far as I'm concerned, any day that you don't relapse is a good day in my book. Eventually you will get down to four, and even further, but some people really need to take it slow and there's no harm in saying on Suboxone for as long as you need to.

Evey, I can't recall, did you ever stabilize at 6 mg or are you trying to jump from 8 to 4. Something tells me that's the case, and if it is, I would recommend trying six before you go down to four. 8 to 4, at least for me, is way too big of a jump. Even if you were at six, I would recommend trying five before four.

Also, have you tried any counseling or meetings. I know some people aren't big into that kind of stuff, but for me, I got to a point where I realized I really couldn't go any further without some kind of counseling, and I am getting into that now. If you really don't think that's for you, I get it, but I know for a lot of people, there are some issues that really need to be worked out while they are on Suboxone.

Try not to get discouraged, the fact is, you're still on bupe, and you haven't relapsed, so as far as I'm concerned, any day that you don't relapse is a good day in my book. Eventually you will get down to four, and even further, but some people really need to take it slow and there's no harm in saying on Suboxone for as long as you need to.

Yea I guess so. Thanks.

Evey

I could only find this one article on suboxone being used for cocaine addiction.
There are some forums I seen too where people say they have had success in using suboxone for cocaine addiction but its all nothing factual the people on these forums said stuff like suboxone works great on addiction but the only one it wont work on is heroin addiction. Ha I obviously didn't post a link to that forum as that is very bad misinformation from people who have no clue what they are talking about.

Here is the one article I found
http://healthland.time.com/2012/08/09/combo-of-fda-approved-drugs-could-fight-cocaine-addiction/

Thx dude :) yeah I knew bupe was more likely to cause PWDs IV, and I knew the naloxone could also cause PWDs on top of that, I just figured he had already taken bupe sublingually and had it on his receptors he'd be outta the water. I didn't realize he'd need to be on bupe for a few days. Thx for clearing that up, as I said, I don't use IV bupe, so I figured you'd hop on and give him better advice than I could. (I've actually never shot up at all. I know that seems crazy but I was finding money and lots of it when I was addicted. Not proud of it, I'm lucky I never got arrested for embezzlement... I also have done other shady shit... Like stripped for dope. Just bc I haven't shot up doesn't mean I don't have my own skeletons... I'll leave it at that).
Thank you and trainspotter for the input! I wanted to come back and update. So essentially I had done 2 small h shots and after it was all gone I snorted just a tiny chunk of a sub pill (4 hrs maximum I think after the last h shot). And another tiny line a couple hrs later. I waited 2 days from the time I last did h to try the sub iv'd. I again only did a tiny chunk of the pill so maybe .25mg of Zubsolv in the spoon. No micron filter unfortunately. I only did it just to try it for curiosity I suppose. I had been on suboxone/ subutex for about 5 yrs and never once even thought to give it a go.

I didn't have any pwd when I iv'd it after the 2 days. I had to just use cotton and filtered it 5 times with a fresh cotton each time. It probably didn't help much. I cant imagine I will be shooting it very often as I need to get away from the needle all together.

I could only find this one article on suboxone being used for cocaine addiction.
There are some forums I seen too where people say they have had success in using suboxone for cocaine addiction but its all nothing factual the people on these forums said stuff like suboxone works great on addiction but the only one it wont work on is heroin addiction. Ha I obviously didn't post a link to that forum as that is very bad misinformation from people who have no clue what they are talking about.

Here is the one article I found
http://healthland.time.com/2012/08/09/combo-of-fda-approved-drugs-could-fight-cocaine-addiction/

I believe buprenorphine could work well for stimulant addiction

It has self-limiting opioid/stimulant properties.

I would definitely recommend it for people who are desperately trying to quit meth/coke.

Thank you and trainspotter for the input! I wanted to come back and update. So essentially I had done 2 small h shots and after it was all gone I snorted just a tiny chunk of a sub pill (4 hrs maximum I think after the last h shot). And another tiny line a couple hrs later. I waited 2 days from the time I last did h to try the sub iv'd. I again only did a tiny chunk of the pill so maybe .25mg of Zubsolv in the spoon. No micron filter unfortunately. I only did it just to try it for curiosity I suppose. I had been on suboxone/ subutex for about 5 yrs and never once even thought to give it a go.

I didn't have any pwd when I iv'd it after the 2 days. I had to just use cotton and filtered it 5 times with a fresh cotton each time. It probably didn't help much. I cant imagine I will be shooting it very often as I need to get away from the needle all together.

Your welcome any more questions you know where to come:)
Be careful shooting up bupe in pill form if you dont have micron filters even cotton lets in a whole lot of particles that a micron filter would have gotten out.
Not worth the mininmal risk in my opinion unless you really need to make a limited supply of subutex/Suboxone last you a long time in which case the higher bioavailability may appeal to you.

Suboxone specifics for a newb.

Hello new member here going to keep the intro short and get straight to the point here.

For the past 2 years I have been a Suboxone patient receiving those lovely orange strips by prescription to help kick my roxy/done habit. About 6 weeks ago now my doctor was shut down by our local law enforcement officials. (yay :() I made what I had left and what I could find in the street last as long as I could using IV ROA but about 4 weeks ago I had run out. Now being the junkie I am I didn't even try to taper because I gotta stay fly %). But anyway once I ran out a near and dear friend of mine introduced me to some of that beautiful boi that is available in these parts and I have been using that in small amounts (q-tip head size dose 3-4 times daily for about the last 4 weeks). Yesterday I ran into a buddy and got myself half of an orange Suboxone 8mg (the small orange ones). Well I dosed yesterday morning around 10:00am with the last of my boi then waited until 7:30pm to take the sub. I knew my tolerance to sub had all but gone and I assumed that only after a short period of H use and being a small person with an awesome metabolism I would be okay and not have to worry about PWs. So I broke off about 1mg piece threw it in my spoon and went crazy IV on it. I waited about 2 hours and NOTHING... absolutely nothing happened. No PWs no Familiar Suboxone buzz just nothing. I re-dosed multiple times last night using up 1/4th of a pill between 7:30pm and 4:00am this morning. At 5:00am I gave up and went to sleep upset. I wasn't sick but I wasn't great either. Woke up this morning feeling the same... kind of in Limbo at the moment. Anyway my biggest question now...

How am I going to feel good today? I have some boi lined up... and I have 1/4th a suboxone.... I am leaning towards the Boi and getting my nice normal rush after last night but will the suboxone block it? If so can I just IV some more sub today and be back in shape now that more time has passed since my last H use? PLEASE HELP!
Stuck in Limbo,
slim

*edit* (update)

I am editing this post with an update on what happened so that anyone who may stumble on this in the future can use this information. This morning after I had made this post I rolled out with a close friend and got some good H. At around 2pm I IV'ed a little under a pack and got a medium/low rush from it. About 3 hours later I spiked again with a full pack and got that lovely rush I am used too in the mornings. So my findings are this: After even a small IV heroin addiction and a kick ass metabolism you still have to give yourself a good amount of time before shooting the suboxone. Whether it was the IV ROA specifically or my dose or the short amount of time I waited after taking H the bupe didn't work well if at all. I didn't get PWs though and I am thankful for that! After a good nights sleep I personally believe that I could have taken more bupe and felt fine/better or went back to the Heroin and felt better (with less effect than usual because of the little amount of blocker). I do know this much though... I will save the remaining amount of bupe for an extreme withdrawal situation ONLY! I am not going to swap back and forth between the 2 unless I absolutely have nothing else for over 24 hours which I believe (for me at least) is plenty of time to put me into FULL withdrawal.

Last edited:
i locked this thread by mistake as i was merging threads. i apologize for any inconvenience. the thread is now reopened.

How long does suboxone block the effect of opiates?

I used to use Percocet for years. 90mgs at a time, several times a day. I slowly weaned myself off and switched to only about 1/8th of a 8mg suboxone a day (sometimes every other day) for the last 2 years.

About 10 days ago I found out I had shingles and have been steadily taking Percocet to deal with the pain. I didn't want to, but the pain is so bad I don't have another choice.

My question, is how long does suboxone block the "high" feeling of Percs because it's been 10 days and I don't feel anything! I know I shouldn't want to get high, but if I have to take them I might as well make the best of it. I was taking just 5-10mg depending on the pain and I don't feel anything. I tried experimenting today and took five 5mg/325 at once and still, nothing.

I won't take that many again, but are opiates never going to work on me again? I guess it's a good thing since it'll probably keep me from relapsing, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't bummed out by it.

Anyone else had this happen?

i locked this thread by mistake as i was merging threads. i apologize for any inconvenience. the thread is now reopened.

Maybe it's because the thread has gone over 1000 post? Don't they have to change after 1000 posts? Sorry if I'm wrong.

Re: suboxone I've gone back to 8mg for awhile. I went to quick going from 8mg to 4mg n it was affecting my mood big time. I was irritable all the time, depressed n had suicidal thoughts. I get my 8mg in 8mg tables and as I had over 30 sub tables at once, trying to do something stupid, i've no 2mg tables left.

So I've asked my key worker to put in a change form with the doctor to go to 6mg.

I seriously wish I'd never gone on suboxone now. After all if I couldn't get off codeine what chance do I have of getting off this stuff?

Evey

Hey eve long time no see:)

I'm afraid it is going to be hell coming off Suboxone I could see it being even worse considering you have been on a high dose for so long. But take it one day at a time do a slow taper at your own pace. We will be here for support when the time comes to jump off Suboxone completely:)

Thanks, Trainspotter, that means alot n is really appreciated. I was always told it wouldn't affect me until I got down to 2 mg , so I don't understand why dropping from 8mg to 4 mg, affecting me so much.

I was extremely irritable, over-sensitive n depressed. I'm worried that I'll never get off subs. I don't want to depend on something to make me happy n stop being miserable, anymore.

I feel a bit more stable on 8 mg n I suppose dropping to 6 mg wont be as bad as going to 4mg.

Evey

Your welcome eve not trying to scare you that's just the way I was raised to tell it like it is no sugar coating. Well some people can get away with dropping their dose in half like that but others can't everybody is different:) If you tapered correctly and went down by 1-2mgs each week or month whatever until you got to 4 then you would've been fine probably feel no symptoms at all. Don't drop it so quickly that's why you ran into problems if you do it properly then you shouldn't feel any discomfort until 2mgs or so then you just need to take the taper a little slower go down by 0.25mgs or 0.5mgs until your down to nothing.
I know what you mean it sucks having to be dependent on a drug but this is the life we chose so now we have to play the cards unfortunately evey. You will find happiness without drugs one day if you really want to I believe in you although it may be the hardest thing you've ever done remember what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Keep your head up evey one day at a time that's all you can do.

Last edited:
Thank you very much. Sounds like good advice n yea I prefer honesty so it's all kewl.

I'll taper gradually.

What was weird, though, was that when I was on 4mg I'd feel strange in the mornings until I took my suboxone. I can't explain it really just not feeling right, feeling hot n sweaty n then feeling cold straight away.

Evey

Yea that's withdrawal because your used to taking the 8mgs which stays in your serum levels alot longer than 4mg since the half life of Suboxone is largely dose dependent. Meaning Basically the more you take the longer its going to last. 8mgs probably lasted you through most of the next day even after you reached the 24 hour mark since last dosing. On the other hand 4mgs is almost out of your system by the next morning meaning your plasma concentrations of buprenorphine are at a all time low in the morning before dosing causing you to have erratic behaviour, withdrawal symptoms, etc. That's the main withdrawal symptom from opiates you feel cold then hot then freezing cold again. It sucks for me I hate it because I'm in Canada and its already cold so I don't get the hotness I'm always cold and shivering when sick with no opiates. This is a big symptoms people report with Suboxone withdrawal especially. It seems to be one of the first withdrawal symptoms a person feels when use of Suboxone is ceased.

It's normal during a taper to have withdrawal symptoms in the morning usually mild to moderate symptoms are reported until they get stabilised on the dose. This is the reason it gets so hard to taper when you get to 2mgs or so because 2mgs will be mostly worn off by the next morning for some people even that night they may get sick. This makes the taper difficult because you can feel withdrawal symptoms so often mailing you really want to up the dose a bit to make things better but usually you cant lower your dose when always adding extra later on when you feel sick. This is why is can be beneficial to patients tapering Suboxone/methadone to switch to twice a day dosing to spread things out more to cause a steadier level of buprenorphine in your plasma.

Last edited:
Wow you know your stuff, TS, thanks for the info n for taking time out to give me some support. It means a lot.

Evey

Yep no prob eve any.ore questions feel free to ask:)

How are things going besides your program?
I'm out at the lake just got here on my bike with just my dog and a backpack with water some weed you know the essentials ;) Still summer where I m going to enjoy it before the long winter ahead.

Last edited:
It's been forever since I've been on here and my family life has taken a dump and it's imperative I get this Methadone monkey off my back. I've begun seeing an addiction counselor for treatment options and I'm trying to get an appointment with a Subs Doctor asap. I've been stuck on 20mgs of Methadone for almost a year and every time. I try to lower the dose I experience w/d. I know a lot of this is in my head but I have to take care of my little girl and I can't if I'm in w/d. I can't go inpatient either.
Is 8mg subutex or suboxone a good starting off point? I keep reading that many get by on 2mgs Subs. Is it better to ask for more and take less, than ask for less and take more and run the risk of running out? My insurance will cover the meds and I'm not worried about the cost. I just don't want to have to be on Subs for longer than I need to.

I'm sorry if this post is in the wrong place. I'm just so desperate to get help, and go into my appointment with proper knowledge.
I don't want to trade one addiction for another, no person in their right mine would do that, lol. But I haven't been in my right mind for a while now.
Aloha to you all...

Maybe it's because the thread has gone over 1000 post? Don't they have to change after 1000 posts? Sorry if I'm wrong.

Re: suboxone I've gone back to 8mg for awhile. I went to quick going from 8mg to 4mg n it was affecting my mood big time. I was irritable all the time, depressed n had suicidal thoughts. I get my 8mg in 8mg tables and as I had over 30 sub tables at once, trying to do something stupid, i've no 2mg tables left.

So I've asked my key worker to put in a change form with the doctor to go to 6mg.

I seriously wish I'd never gone on suboxone now. After all if I couldn't get off codeine what chance do I have of getting off this stuff?

Evey

4mg a day is the worst dose for me. I've been on Suboxone for almost 2 years now. I started at 4mg a day, but I felt unpleasantly overwhelmed and lowered it to 2mg, but it was not enough, and somehow I got stable at 8mg. For the most of the time I stayed at 8mg, but for the past few months I've been tapering down my dose. I managed to stay at 2mg for around 2 months, but I never feel good for too long no matter what, and I took more on a few occasions. As soon as I increased my dose back to 4mg a day, I started feeling angry and unstable.

The overall effect of buprenorphine is actually buprenorphine + norbuprenorphine. I think perhaps at ~4mg there's already too little norbuprenorphine bound to provide good effects from its full agonism and there's still too little buprenorphine bound to provide good effects from its partial agonism.

kapua said:
It's been forever since I've been on here and my family life has taken a dump and it's imperative I get this Methadone monkey off my back. I've begun seeing an addiction counselor for treatment options and I'm trying to get an appointment with a Subs Doctor asap. I've been stuck on 20mgs of Methadone for almost a year and every time. I try to lower the dose I experience w/d. I know a lot of this is in my head but I have to take care of my little girl and I can't if I'm in w/d. I can't go inpatient either.
Is 8mg subutex or suboxone a good starting off point? I keep reading that many get by on 2mgs Subs. Is it better to ask for more and take less, than ask for less and take more and run the risk of running out? My insurance will cover the meds and I'm not worried about the cost. I just don't want to have to be on Subs for longer than I need to.

I'm sorry if this post is in the wrong place. I'm just so desperate to get help, and go into my appointment with proper knowledge.
I don't want to trade one addiction for another, no person in their right mine would do that, lol. But I haven't been in my right mind for a while now.
Aloha to you all...

I think you may try starting at 2mg. I was on 40mg of methadone a day (could be actually more like 30mg/day) before I quit and then started taking Suboxone two months later. As I look back, I probably could have got used to 2mg a day if I hadn't pushed it. There's really no reason for taking high doses if your tolerance isn't high, higher doses don't really offer stronger effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.