• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v17.0 + v18.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm dropping it fullycaf dont worry I contained myself as best I could he's still calling me names and making fun of my nationally which if I want to be a dick I could report him for. This is a board we come on for help , for fun, to talk with fellow junkies (no offence I'm one too:) ) or to help people out with their knowledge so there's no reason for any drama like Suboxone401 or whatever his name is doing and can't seem to stop. Sorry if I come off like a know it all but looking back I didnt really see any reason for you to start flipping your shit on me I just try to correct misinformation when it see it or try to figure out what really happened I though it could of even been PWDs cause of taking the Suboxone along with norco and tramadol. Mabye if I said hey dumb american your stupid that wasn't a OD blah blah blah he would have had a reason to get mad at me but I never just start shooting off like that.

But anyways I'm not gonna give him the satisfaction and reply to his demeaning post about canadians he thinks he's living in south park or something.

And yes I know what you mean about still craving on subs i went back and forth between dope and sub many times before I finally buckled down and stuck to my script without doing heroin. Do you get any better relief now that your on low doses? I know smoking pot gives the best relief of that wanting to do dope feeling, but in the states many doctors frown upon using weed with subs as does yours. I'm lucky mine doesn't care so I can enjoy a joint here and there without worry.

Yea I'm at work going back from lunch but when i get home to my laptop I'll look for some articles on sub's being used for other classes of drugs for evey and whoever else wants to see:)

You are a voice of reason I must say fully caf haha sounds like you have experience breaking up stupid fights.

How much longer you figure you have to see your Suboxone doctor for?

Last edited:
Smoky - train is right 100%, it is the bupe itself that causes PWDs, not the naloxone!!! If you've taken methadone you need to wait possibly up to 72 hrs! Please talk in mg, not all methadone preparations are the same. I'm assuming yours is 1mg/mL though. I don't know how long it takes to get that small amt of methadone out of your system, because the amounts are so small, it's not building up. Google the COWS sheet and score your self and start bupe when you are about a 20 or higher. As long as you can make it is best, the longer you go, the more relief from the bupe, I promise.

Train, I don't blame you, it's bs to pick on someone for being a Canuck. ;) I think he's joking but it's hard to read people on the net as opposed to hearing or seeing them when talking. I think he may have had PWDs too, idk, but while it didn't sound fun, he wasn't falling out either.

If I could smoke weed I'd be set. Kills cravings and anxiety for me. I have so much bupe that I could probably stop going after this appt. but a side issue is that I need to find a job. I am a restaurant manager, so places background check and sometimes drug test because I'll be dealing with people and large amounts of money. So until I find a position I am trying to stay relatively clean anyways. Since I'm trying to stay clean, I may as well keep going and stockpiling. I might be a lifer on bupe honestly, but I figure when I run out in 5 yrs or so, I'll get a new dr if necessary. I do feel better on the low dose but I still have issues. Mainly sleep and anxiety. I am having trouble even picking up the phone when potential employers call. I think it may be because they call first thing in the am before I've had my bupe, and my low dose doesn't hold me overnight, I wake up free of bupe, but not in wd necessarily, more like in PAWS. Since I can't sleep at night I end up sleeping all day and fucking shit up. I need to go to a dr and have been planning to, but I keep sleeping all day or today I just blew it off to spend time with a friend instead. So much anxiety. I mean I'm not having panic attacks, I just can't accomplish anything.

Oh and train, if you were saying I was flipping out on you, I wasn't, sorry if I came across that way. I don't know if you meant me or him ;)

*edit* I have heard of "progress threads" or something, can anyone explain or direct me to a current one? I have a lot of shit I need to unload all about myself, and don't know if this thread is the right place for the novels I've been writing. I have UTFSE but I'm on my iPhone making it difficult...

Last edited:
Thank you so much, all of you and fullycaffeinated too.. This is life or death for me ... and I cannot believe it is happening again. I feel like I'm living some other person's life ... somewhat disconnected from reality as I know it ...and I have not even quit yet. I can't even enjoy the heroin after a relapse, cos I had 30 days and I look like walking dead. I had 8 years clean prior. I've finally accepted I relapsed, but am absolutely terrified to go through another 2-3 weeks of hell. I'm packing a bag incase I feel like I must go into the ER. But they'll just give me meds I have and a fat bill. Perhaps if I can use the methadone (and I have little white pills round 10 mg54 142), and buprenex for 2, 3 days (last withdrawal day 3, 4 were the worst), I might be okay. Of course wait the sufficient time as recommended for the subs. I may call in for the medication you mention - if I can, depending on the copay... and if I have to go in for it.

I am so glad I asked you guys this question. I almost took the Buprenex as I was sure it was the Naloxone that caused withdrawals prematurely... Now I have something to go on and might take valium tonight and see if I can sleep without Heroin, although doubt it. Maybe start the Lyrica as well... (and it's much better I tried a little before and kicks ass compared to Gabapentin). Okay, I think I understand all this.
I believe folks shouldn't have to suffer and I did it the hard way last time, almost cold turkey, but I don't have to.
Sorry for ramble, this isn't my thread...

Oh, and I have Seroquel also. I have been stocking up for this slowly. Just don't want to mix up too many meds, and end up overdosing from something besides my doc lol. When I relapsed few weeks ago, I started shaking, almost as seizing, got real cold and vomited. Scared me enough to get off this merry go round for good. :)

Or rather start the methadone tonight to not be sick in the morning.. I know it takes time to work...

Last edited:
Dont worry my friend its all of ours thread keep in touch.
It should go easier you got quite the array of meds to use for detox so won't be as bad as cold turkey.

By the wat I tried to send you a PM then it said your box was full so I waited and I got a message from you telling me its been cleared but when I try to send it even now it still says your box is full.

I have been tapering down from Methadone (75 units) and today morning I took the last 1 unit (tapered 1mL every day). That means for the last 10 days my doses have been 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 and hence the question - do I still need to wait 72 hours after dosing only 1mL which in my mouth felt barely like liquid, more like one drop of some Vitamin D which mixed with my saliva, dont know if it even went down my stomach. I plan on taking around 1mg of Subuxone to get me through 3-4 days (I have 4mg). I know its totally pointless from your POV to dose Subuxone after 1mL of 'done because 1mg of bupe is far more potent but I need to do it until monday for undisclosed reasons. So I just want to know do I really have to wait 72 hours after 1mL? 24 hours is soon passed.
Anyone? 27 hours passed.

For all those people that say you won't get high taking opiates while on Suboxone that is not true in my personal case. From the post that I read most people say you won't feel anything and less waiting at least 24 hours if you are on at least 8 mg of Suboxone. In my case I have been taking 16 to 20 mg of Suboxone daily for the last couple weeks. yesterday it had been 12 hours since my last dose of 16mg of Suboxone and I decided to pick up a half gram of heroin I would usually shoot up around the eighth of a gram to a quarter of a gram of heroin to get the high I was looking for. While it is true that the High isn't as intense and you may need to take more than your normal dose to achieve the high you're looking for a while on Suboxone you can definitely still get high. It took me almost a half of a gram to get the same high and rush that I feel off around eighth to a quarter of a gram after my last dose of Suboxone which had been about 12 hours ago . It may be different for other people but in my case I definitely still get as high just after 12 hours of taking my last dose of sub. It also helps that I am shooting high-quality heroin and I highly doubt you will get the same results if you're using anything less then a high purity level heroin and anything other then shooting opiates it's just not faster strong enough to knock that bupe off your opiate receptors, also very dangerous because you can easily overdose without even feeling high even though you don't feel high from the opiates because of the Suboxone your bodies still ingesting a high amount of opiates and could easily cause your body to OD. In the worst overdose is one where you don't even get high fuck dot . Curious to hear other people's experiences with taking opiates shortly after your last dose of Suboxone

Anyone? 27 hours passed.

I'm so sorry plague, I got you mixed up with smoky and thought you were the same person I think!! Anyways, what I told him kinda works for you too. My reply to him was actually based off this, that's why I was telling him to use mg and not mL.

So, I'm assuming the done solution is 1 mg/mL? If so, the low doses you've been taking shouldn't be building up or stacking in your system. It sounds like it's been a while since you had any therapeutic dose of done. So google the COWS sheet and score yourself. It will rate your wd symptoms, be honest w yourself. Once you get above a 20 or so I'd say you're set to dose the bupe. Start small!! Dose in increments of .5 mg at first to make sure you don't go into precipitated wds.

For curiosity, why the bupe? Is that a final taper? If so, I wouldn't dose 1 mg/day straight through. It sounds like 1 mg can hold you, so I'd do something like this:

Day 1: 1 mg
Day 2: .75 mg
Day 3: .5 mg
Day 4: .5 mg
Day 5: .25 mg
Day 6: .25 mg
Day 7: nothing
Day 8: .25 mg
Day 9: nothing
Day 10: nothing
Day 11: .25 mg
Day 12: nothing
Day 13: nothing
Day 14: .25 mg

And jump. Skipping days at the end helps and this will taper you slow using 4 mg.

Feeling guilty for taking 10 mg suboxone really guilty n like a complete n utter failure.

No offence fc I 'm not sure I feel comfortable about discussing taling opies on top of suboxone. I'd feel too guilty if one of our members read our stories, tried it and ODd if not worst. It's happened. Please people don't go taking other opiates on top of your suboxone it can be dangerous if you end up re-dosing to try n get high n most people most of the time end up disappointed. The whole point of suboxone maintenance is to try n stop these addictive behaviours n use as a tool to learn why wedo them.

Sorry not meaning to be rude or step on anyone's toes but as a member of a HR site, I wouldn't feel right if I said nothing.

Evey

For all those people that say you won't get high taking opiates while on Suboxone that is not true in my personal case. From the post that I read most people say you won't feel anything and less waiting at least 24 hours if you are on at least 8 mg of Suboxone. In my case I have been taking 16 to 20 mg of Suboxone daily for the last couple weeks. yesterday it had been 12 hours since my last dose of 16mg of Suboxone and I decided to pick up a half gram of heroin I would usually shoot up around the eighth of a gram to a quarter of a gram of heroin to get the high I was looking for. While it is true that the High isn't as intense and you may need to take more than your normal dose to achieve the high you're looking for a while on Suboxone you can definitely still get high. It took me almost a half of a gram to get the same high and rush that I feel off around eighth to a quarter of a gram after my last dose of Suboxone which had been about 12 hours ago . It may be different for other people but in my case I definitely still get as high just after 12 hours of taking my last dose of sub. It also helps that I am shooting high-quality heroin and I highly doubt you will get the same results if you're using anything less then a high purity level heroin and anything other then shooting opiates it's just not faster strong enough to knock that bupe off your opiate receptors, also very dangerous because you can easily overdose without even feeling high even though you don't feel high from the opiates because of the Suboxone your bodies still ingesting a high amount of opiates and could easily cause your body to OD. In the worst overdose is one where you don't even get high fuck dot . Curious to hear other people's experiences with taking opiates shortly after your last dose of Suboxone

Your post is definitely not quite harm reduction... that being said, I'll chime in, but as ihavedoneitall said, you could very well OD attempting this. It is not a good idea to try to break through high dose sub. The opiates are still there even if you don't feel them.

That being said, I have been able to break through bupe at 16-24 mg, even in a situation where I had taken a strip right before to try to talk myself out of relapsing.

My tolerance when I got on bupe was 500 mg oxycodone at a time or more, or a few bundles (grams) of decent but not the best powder h.

I am not an IV user and I have been able to break through bupe simply chewing like 10 OxyContin OP 60s or doing maybe 3-4 buns at a time. It seems like a lot, but these were the Amounts I had been doing for months prior.
One of the times doing this, I did a bunch of oxy like that and wasn't high at first. Hours later, it seemed the bupe wore off, and suddenly I was unexpectedly, extremely high. I was having trouble staying with it and I had my girl keep an eye on me because I thought I may fall out.

Now that I am taking lower doses of bupe, my tolerance has lowered. Last week I did an experiment of sorts. I stopped taking my bupe (1 mg or so daily, nasally) and waited about 40 hours, and then dosed oxy. I dosed 120 mg twice through the day, the first time I got high, the second time I got JAMMED, maybe due to adding more potentiators than the first time and because maybe some of the original oxy was still hanging around.

A few days later, I'd gotten back on my bupe, and decided to get high again, even though I normally limit to one day a month. This time I'd already dosed bupe in the am, ,5 mg or so. I took the same amount of oxy, and got a rush (yes, I can get rushes off oral oxy if I break it down into a liquid, crazy, I know but it's there) and a good, long lasting high just like the times when I had stopped taking bupe.

Everyone is different. But for me, bupe doesn't block. I've seen on here that plenty of people do get a blocking effect from bupe. But personally, I don't at all at any low dose , and at 16+ mg the blocking effect only works for a few hours after I dose. And yes, back then I was taking the 16+ mg daily, I'm scripted 20 mg/day.

But please people, be careful, as some are blocked very well by bupe and can/will OD trying to break through. Honestly, a large part of the reason I got on bupe was the "blocking effect", and I wish it worked so bad. My life would be a lot easier if I couldn't get high unless I took days off bupe.

Feeling guilty for taking 10 mg suboxone really guilty n like a complete n utter failure.

No offence fc I 'm not sure I feel comfortable about discussing taling opies on top of suboxone. I'd feel too guilty if one of our members read our stories, tried it and ODd if not worst. It's happened. Please people don't go taking other opiates on top of your suboxone it can be dangerous if you end up re-dosing to try n get high n most people most of the time end up disappointed. The whole point of suboxone maintenance is to try n stop these addictive behaviours n use as a tool to learn why wedo them.

Sorry not meaning to be rude or step on anyone's toes but as a member of a HR site, I wouldn't feel right if I said nothing.

Evey

I just saw this after I made my post... I'm sorry Evey. As I said in my post, I wish the blocking effect worked for me. I'm not sure if you confused the guys post above mine, with me? About shooting the h? Regardless, I replied to him anyways, so I have discussed it, and I know this isn't the first time, as you know here that I've mentioned using once a month before.

The fact is, people will try to use on top of suboxone, or people will try to skip their suboxone to use. A common question in these mega-threads is, "when can I use after taking X amount of suboxone?" People are here to simply discuss the effects of the drug buprenorphine. It is not a recovery thread. I would never post my experiences about using while taking bupe on a recovery-oriented thread/forum.

What I have to say on the subject is this:

Suboxone is meant to prevent people from using illicit opiates. It is never a good idea to use while in suboxone treatment. I strongly recommend that if you are on suboxone maintenance, that you avoid using. At best, you may get high (like me) and then regret it and wish that the medication worked for you like it works for everyone else. At worst, you may end up ODing without even feeling a high. Why take the chance? Knowing you can still get high while on suboxone ruins half the point of the drug, at least for me. I've already spent over 100k on opiates, I don't need to spend more, and if you're on suboxone it is generally because your life without it was unmanageable.

Also, many people in these threads have documented that the more you switch between bupe and dope, the less bupe works for you, until it stops working completely. When that happens, you're fucked. You've fucked up the best tool you had for staying clean.

I'm sorry if I offended you Evey, but if you go back and read some of the discussion in prior bupe megathreads, you will see that using on top of bupe is a common discussion. This is bluelight, people come here to find out how they can get high.

If a mod wants to tell me I'm wrong for discussing this, I'll back down. Til then, my posts will stand. Nowhere did I say that it's a good idea to use while on bupe. I simply explained my experience (due to bad decisions) because another member asked for that input.

Please, if you're on suboxone maintenance, use that time to straighten out your life. Don't use it to continue using your DOC. If you are using bupe to not get sick between runs with your DOC, please, be careful and as I've said more than once, keep in mind that you COULD OD without even knowing you're falling out or feeling a high. Bupe is a potent opiate, be careful messing around with it in your system.

Also Evey, why did you take 10 mg? Did you get any kind of buzz, or different effects from it? Don't feel like a failure, we are recovering addicts and we still slip and make bad decisions sometimes (I would know ;)) Try to focus on the positive. At least you just took extra suboxone instead of using codeine. I remember you saying you took 4 mg yesterday. Maybe you are tapering too fast. Take a step back and figure out what caused you to take the extra, and deal with that issue, whatever it is. If the taper is too fast , there's no shame in stabilizing longer or going back up for a bit. I've been telling myself all this too, as I've been at 1 mg lately , but I've been having some issues ...

I mean, I even said in the first sentence of my post, "your post is not quite harm reduction". Are you sure you meant my post and not the one above it? I'm pretty sure my tone was "don't do this"... My post was after yours, too. The last post I had made was about a taper for the guy coming off methadone. I just don't like that you seem to think I stand for something that I don't....

Last edited:
I'm so sorry plague, I got you mixed up with smoky and thought you were the same person I think!! Anyways, what I told him kinda works for you too. My reply to him was actually based off this, that's why I was telling him to use mg and not mL.

So, I'm assuming the done solution is 1 mg/mL? If so, the low doses you've been taking shouldn't be building up or stacking in your system. It sounds like it's been a while since you had any therapeutic dose of done. So google the COWS sheet and score yourself. It will rate your wd symptoms, be honest w yourself. Once you get above a 20 or so I'd say you're set to dose the bupe. Start small!! Dose in increments of .5 mg at first to make sure you don't go into precipitated wds.

For curiosity, why the bupe? Is that a final taper? If so, I wouldn't dose 1 mg/day straight through. It sounds like 1 mg can hold you, so I'd do something like this:

And jump. Skipping days at the end helps and this will taper you slow using 4 mg.
Well, I dont have any withdrawal symptoms except insomnia, diarrhea and RLS at nighttime, and a bit high BP (the last two disappear after smoking a cigarette) so I wouldn't score high on that test. The worst thing is that I get these high BP waves which always come as 3, first I get this waving/throbbing motion in my heart/chest, then throat and then ears. I think I have came off the opiates completely because its almost 40 hours soon and I dont feel ANYTHING compared to the withdrawals which I know (giants turning your bones around, hot/cold flashes, puking like a firehose, psychosis, super-duper anxiety, weakness etc) and those used to begin ~18 hours after last methadone dose or ~10 hours after a hit of dope...

Sorry FC I confused your post with IHAVEITALL. I an partially-sighted n do that times so I apologise for mix up.

Ugh feeling guilty n like a failure for taking 10mg n not sure what i do now. Go back to 8 mg. but I've failed :( feel like utter shit.

Evey

Well studies have shown low dose bupe (2mgs and under ) to have little to no blocking effect on other opiates even if using right after dosing. But if your on 3mgs and up then I wouldn't try to break through the bupe due to how risky it gets trying to do so. I've seen a few people who have left detox to go get high while they had Suboxone in their system and they couldn't get the same feeling they usually get from dope so they kept using and using until they just died from a massive overdose. It very well depends on a lot of factors whether or not he dose your on will block other opiates for instance if I take 6mgs that seems to be my blocking point and anymore opiates at that point won't effect me, I may get a little rush at first but its very fleeting and goes away quickly it seems.

Anyways if your on a dose higher than 8mgs then trying to shoot through it is a very risky decision and in the interest of harm reduction its best to wait the 24+ hours for the majority of the bupe to leave your body. I don't doubt you broke through the bupe blocking barrier but its risking you life although you may not feel the opiates they are still in your body causing respiratory depression the more you add the less your lungs are going to be able to do their job I've known people to die before even breaking through the blocking effect and before their even feeling something.

Last edited:

Oh dude, sorry for quoting you twice but fuck the Suboxone, I just took 300mg of Tramadol for testing purposes and got high as fuck lmfao. Not gonna take the Subs because I actually like the high off Tramadol more and the Subs might fuck my tolerance up again. If I was on 75mL of Methadone like 60 days ago and now I got a nod off 300mg's Tramadol then my tolerance must really be low right?

Sorry FC I confused your post with IHAVEITALL. I an partially-sighted n do that times so I apologise for mix up.

Ugh feeling guilty n like a failure for taking 10mg n not sure what i do now. Go back to 8 mg. but I've failed :( feel like utter shit.

Evey

Sorry to hear this eve but its part of the process and all you can do is get back on the wagon and try again. You may not have even set yourself back very far with a one time dose. Did you just take the 10mg one time?

Evey

Like I said, it's just a day. All you can do is move on from here. And personally I'd rather take extra bupe than have a relapse. Like I asked, do you get more effect on a higher dose? Maybe I would feel worse if that were the case for me, but it's not. I still have days where I fuck up and take more than I intend to, but as far as I'm concerned, any day I don't do oxy or h is a good day.

And I had a feeling you got the posts mixed up, I just wasn't sure because I did make that one post but it came through after yours.

Oh dude, sorry for quoting you twice but fuck the Suboxone, I just took 300mg of Tramadol for testing purposes and got high as fuck lmfao. Not gonna take the Subs because I actually like the high off Tramadol more and the Subs might fuck my tolerance up again. If I was on 75mL of Methadone like 60 days ago and now I got a nod off 300mg's Tramadol then my tolerance must really be low right?

Um yeah... I don't think I'll ever get a nod off any amt of tramadol again... that's pretty bomb :p and I agree I'd definitely avoid the subs if I were you, not worth it at all, you may end up worse off than you are right now.

Last edited:
I have a question...
How long do you have to wait to take suboxone after taking H?
I smoked about .3g this morning at 07:00 and about .1 if that at 16:30. Would I be alright to take 4mg of suboxone tomorrow at around 13:00?
Sorry in advance if I have posted incorrectly. Please let me know if I have!

I haven't been able to find anything solid on this. Wanted to onow if anyone has a good and tested method for turning the strips to powder for insufflation. Tried cutting into pieces, but i feel thats not reliable and some ends up in my throat. Much more comfortable with powder. Same reason i haven't tried liquid solution yet. If anyone has a method to do this i would appreciate the info, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.