• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v17.0 + v18.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started using heroin only a year ago. I'm 51 yrs old. Separated from my wife and daughter for almost two yrs. the last time I used was about a week ago. I went to a suboxone dr yesterday. He gave me a prescription for 7, 8mg strips. He said to take 1/2 a strip to start and 1/2 in twelve hours if needed. I got home and took 1 right away. Fifteen minutes went by and then took another. Fifteen more minutes, I was puking my guts out and very very high. I think it was god saying "hey dumbass! What the heck are you doing!" Woke up this morning feeling a little better. But with a bit more humility. Big mistake I made. Don't make the same mistake. I want to stop using but the only thing I could think about doing after I got home was getting high. Comments, verbal scolding, help would be appreciated.
Thanks

I started using heroin only a year ago. I'm 51 yrs old. Separated from my wife and daughter for almost two yrs. the last time I used was about a week ago. I went to a suboxone dr yesterday. He gave me a prescription for 7, 8mg strips. He said to take 1/2 a strip to start and 1/2 in twelve hours if needed. I got home and took 1 right away. Fifteen minutes went by and then took another. Fifteen more minutes, I was puking my guts out and very very high. I think it was god saying "hey dumbass! What the heck are you doing!" Woke up this morning feeling a little better. But with a bit more humility. Big mistake I made. Don't make the same mistake. I want to stop using but the only thing I could think about doing after I got home was getting high. Comments, verbal scolding, help would be appreciated.
Thanks
the puking was probably the naloxone it does that to me even without opiates in my system.

also I see alot of people on here are on very low doses of suboxone or subutex. I take sixteen mg at a time just to reach it's threshold. anything lower and I have serious withdraws [not to mention pain]. Does anyone have any idea why I need such a high dose just to maintain? could it be the pain management that requires such a high dose. If so would'nt I be better off on a lower dose of a drug with better analgesic properties? Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks

What was your heroin habit like? It must not have been very big at all if the bupe hit you that hard.. that's a response typical in people with no opiate tolerance at all, or an incredibly low one, who take bupe. In opiate tolerant individuals, bupe should not get you that high.. it shouldn't get you high at all, let alone puking your guts out loaded..

Sounds like you don't even need the bupe. You made it a whole week of not using heroin, and then went to get on suboxone? Why? You'd basically already detoxed already..

The second, third and fourth days were the hardest. The twichies were real bad. Couldn't sleep. But I just felt myself wanting dope and didn't want to use. I think I'm just going to stop the suboxone all together. My habit wasn't half as bad as some of these poor folks I've read about. It was only about a half a bundle every other day on and off. Thanks for your input.

Yes that's very strange unless you've an alergy to it? I was taking 900 day n when I started suboxone I was. Normal, no puking, no buzz nothing. However , I inducted throughout day 1. Maybe you did not leave enough gaps between intervals?

How are you doing now?

Evey xxxx

The second, third and fourth days were the hardest. The twichies were real bad. Couldn't sleep. But I just felt myself wanting dope and didn't want to use. I think I'm just going to stop the suboxone all together. My habit wasn't half as bad as some of these poor folks I've read about. It was only about a half a bundle every other day on and off. Thanks for your input.

Yeah, the first year or so I used heroin was like what you're describing...splitting a bundle every other day or so with a friend...I remember getting so high from snorting dope back then, that we'd constantly get up and go puke in the bushes in the backyard so my friend's mom wouldn't notice...

I'd be anxious on the days I didn't get dope, but not completely sick...The first time I went to detox back then, I got high as fuck from the detox meds! That's a "chip" really, not a "habit".... It's dangerous territory though, because once every other day turns to 5 out of 7 days, and then 7 out of 7 days...the dope grabs you by the balls and owns your ass very shortly thereafter... Throw needles into it, and life's never really the same after that!

I've actually met a lot of people who never got around to trying heroin until they were a little older on the East Coast...but it will fuck your life up no matter who you are once you cross the line with it...

When I'm on a heroin habit, absolutely nothing can stop me from getting my drugs...I'm like the terminator! It's scary, I turn like a starving, wild animal on that shit...but anyway, if you don't need the suboxone, don't start taking it for " shits and giggles", because you will get dependent on it, and coming off it is physically and emotionally draining, very uncomfortable! I'd rather come off just about any other opiate, but most of them can't really be used effectively like sub for maintenance and detox...Pretty much for the reason of the short half-life and most addicts inability to control themselves with a drug that gets you high....Suboxone shouldn't be getting you high like other opiates do...If it does, you definitely don't need to be taking it...

Thanks so much for the advice! I'm doing ok today. A little shacky but ok. I'll talk with the doctor next week and let him know what it did to me. I stopped for seven days, I can try and stop for longer. I only snorted it. Never tried a needle. Not for me.

About a year and a half ago (really, before I got wise on BL) I had a plan. I told my Sub Doc I was going to taper totally off Subs but keep them around and take them when I got cravings. I was naïve, uneducated on how Bupe works, and really thought this was something that could work. My Doc said, "No. Cuz you'll get high as shit and sick as shit if you take more than a couple mgs when you're not on maintenance." Hit me like a ton of bricks. Had no idea how powerful bupe was, nor did I fully understand maintenance. My Doc had told me but I didn't listen. I'm a fuckin' addict. Listening not my best skill.

Bottom line LifeBack, if you want to get off drugs you really should follow the instructions of your Doctor, especially when it comes to how to take powerful drugs. Just sayin'.

Thank you Lucas! I am an addict. I see the doc next wed. I'll tell him what happened and take as prescribed. I'm desperate to stop. I want my life and my family back. Seriously thank you so much for your input, this site and for all of you folks out there that are hurting, I wish the best to you.

Hey Lifeback, I have to say I agree with others who have recommended not taking subs if you made it through a week of detox without it. Generally, I would only take it if I were going through bad withdrawals. However, if you feel as though you can't control your cravings and you're scared of relapsing, then subs might still be helpful (at much smaller doses than you tried, of course). If you try to do dope too soon after taking subs then you won't get high, so IME it can help you avoid relapsing. I've definitely had times where I couldn't stop thinking about getting high and took a bit of subs to get my mind off it and give up on the idea.

Yes that's very strange unless you've an alergy to it? I was taking 900 day n when I started suboxone I was. Normal, no puking, no buzz nothing. However , I inducted throughout day 1. Maybe you did not leave enough gaps between intervals?

How are you doing now?

Evey xxxx

If you consider his habit vs yours converting your DOC and his to morphine (the gold standard) he was taking the same amount if not more than you were. (Of course it all depends on the strength of the dope)

What happened was either a) his body didn't agree with it, which I've seen a lot. Or b) he was not getting good dope and so he took too much for what he was actually used to dope wise.

Day 47 of suboxone... At first I was taking .25mg every 12 hours, but I tried my hardest to extinguish the 2nd dose, decondition myself or whatever of the addictive behavior. So I usully get around 18-20 hours when Im sitting there in bed not able to sleep at 3 in the morning (right now lol). And thats when I say fuck it and just take it.. Anyone else ever not able to make it the full 24 hours ? Does it matter that much...hopefully itll get easier

I take 1.5 mgs every 12 hours, sometimes every 8 hours...and I definitely start feeling raw after 14-15 hours...A lot of it is mental...It's crazy!

Just started Lyrica. The combo with suboxone is helping me a lot with pain, more than the subs alone. It also soothes my anxiety/insomnia at night. I would recommend anyone who has chronic pain or fibromyalgia to discuss adding Lyrica to your sub regimen.

The only side effect I've noticed is that I feel a bit more tired than I do without it. Suboxone alone usually slightly stimulates me.

415 days sober, thanks in part to my suboxone program. I'm very grateful.

Day 47 of suboxone... At first I was taking .25mg every 12 hours, but I tried my hardest to extinguish the 2nd dose, decondition myself or whatever of the addictive behavior. So I usully get around 18-20 hours when Im sitting there in bed not able to sleep at 3 in the morning (right now lol). And thats when I say fuck it and just take it.. Anyone else ever not able to make it the full 24 hours ? Does it matter that much...hopefully itll get easier
I can't go more than 8hours without starting the whole sensitivity to the cold and feeling anxious along with all my pain coming back and hitting me. I found when I started the best way for me to feel fine all day is to take 1 mg under the tounge 3 times a day

Don't know if this is a 'legal' question, but does anyone know if it's possible to see two sub dr's in the US? I recentLy ran out and was in the misery we all know. So I want to stockpile a few months by seeing two dr''s. my primary will not increase me so I was thinking of going to another dr and double up. Will not use insurance. Just cash. Still cheaper than the dope habit and would sell all my shit not to be sick. Same question for pharmacies. Do Drs and pharm's check databases or have a system to check for this? Would suck to get caught and then cut off. Would have to go back to shooting dope, which I don't want.
I also would like to ask for advice tapering but guess I should read through the past 20000 posts first. If anyone knows of good posts about tapering, please let me know.
Mucho gracias

Sorry I'm not sure as I'm from the UK n our whole system re subs is completely different. However, I'm not actually sure that we are allowed to ask/answer legal questions so could you please pm one of the moderators here n ask them?

Welcome to Bluelight, by the way. Sorry that I can't help you further.

Evey xxxx

^Yeah, we can't answer questions about trying to "doctor shop", see multiple doctors, etc.

But, check the OD directory in my signature, and simply dig around a little bit if you want some different perspectives on tapering methods....It's one of the most covered topics on this website....

I'll leave your post for now, but please refrain from asking how to engage in potentially illicit behavior...

Status
Not open for further replies.