• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v17.0 + v18.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, gotcha, you dont get it

FYI...taking multiple doses of bupe' in the same day is a horrible practice.

Last edited:
Chasing a buprenorphine high is rather futile. it is only good for minor pain or as a tool for short term maintenance to help yourself feel natural "euphoria" once again.

I guess just after so many times on and off of subox that it doesn't work anymore. A normal person feels euphoric at times during the day. When I take me bupe as prescribed it doesn't help besides subdueing some physiological wtithdrawals. What can someone do when bupe just doesn't work like it used to? Try methadone ?? Feels like my subox just doesn't work like it used to so what else to do

I cannot suggest methadone...when a drug stops working you need to either figure it out for yourself or follow the advice of professionals.

I guess just after so many times on and off of subox that it doesn't work anymore. A normal person feels euphoric at times during the day. When I take me bupe as prescribed it doesn't help besides subdueing some physiological wtithdrawals. What can someone do when bupe just doesn't work like it used to? Try methadone ?? Feels like my subox just doesn't work like it used to so what else to do

Just because you're not getting "high" on bupe, doesn't mean it's not working anymore... you're not supposed to get any real euphoria out of it.. that is not the point of the medication.

You need to reevaluate why you are taking maintenance meds.

Yea I totally agree here. I've never got euthoric off suboxone n would be extremely worried if I did. It's not the reason for using it. Suboxone is a tool to help you deal n try to overcome the reasons the lead to your addiction. Like with any took if you don't use it properly, it won't work how it should.

I think you need to do as mr. Scag suggests n do some reflection around why you are using maintenance.

What dose of suboxone are you on please? The consensus around here is that less is more. However, in my opinion, that depends on a number of factors such as how long have you been on suboxone, the amount of DOC taken per day, whether you're still getting cravings n how quickly you metabolise suboxone.

Others may disagree here so my suggestion to you is to take what you think is right n leave the rest, do your research n learn as much as you possibly can. We can tell you this, that n other until the cows come home but this is your body, your journey. So helping yourself with research is very important.

I hope the above doesn't come across as offensive or derogratory as really that is not my intension. People have told me to "do my research s few times here n I thought that they were trying to be funny but as I looked into stuff I realise that, that was simply not the case.

I wish you the very best with your recovery n hope that you continue to come here if you need any support.

Evey xxxx

starting suboxone

OK so I've been on methadone for 4 years @ 130mgs. I got so sick of my clinic (I work,it's 35 mins away, can't go on vacation because I can't get bottles because I smoke weed.) I decided subs would be the better route. So I had my "intake" w my sub Dr. I went down 10mgs a week from 130mgs. I got to 34. Stopped going to the clinic Fri started doing dope(well I've done dope since 65mgs-a stack(10 bundles ) a week.) I did my last 2bags(I snort them ) yesterday @ 2 pm. I woke up this am(not a good sleep) dying. Puked chills anxiety u know,bad. My appointment w my sub Dr is @ 5pm. My friend has a sub. Should I do a couple bags of dope or the sub? Can i? Thanks in advance.

If you plan on inducting onto sub... you can't use dope beforehand. If you want to get on suboxone, then go for it. You need to be in full moderate-severe withdrawal. If you want to do dope, then do dope (obviously not the good choice out of the two).

But I think the dope isn't even gonna help my withdrawals that much. Just a little better bc I'm scoring @ least a 20 on my COWS.

^^^

It doesn't matter if it helps your withdrawals or not (but if you're in withdrawal.. why wouldn't a proper dose of opiates for your tolerance level not help..?) having opiates in your system at the time of induction onto bupe, will cause precipitated withdrawals.

To be totally honest I'm scared to death the methadone is going to do it if I take the sub & I'm not w the Dr.

Do NOT do any amt of dope on the day before a sub induction at the doctors, unless you want to feel 10x worse than you ever have.

OK Thanks. Honestly it's not me. It's my bff & they "frown" upon you saying SWIM, my friend, cousin extremely. But she called me hysterical. Had to @ least ask for her, I hate seeing anyone really sporadic because I kno how it is. It sucks. Really bad. I was actually posting on "should I try heroin" & thinking to myself this is EXACTLY why it's not a? Don't do it,bc it's so not worth it in the end. Well she took 20 1mg klonopins & 3 2mg Xanax bars. That wouldn't matter, right? Thanks sorry I lied but I had to try And get her an answer. I hope I don't get in trouble for this.

getting a 30ct script of suboxone generics today. gonna try for my addy script back to. im getting a 60ct script and splitting it with this girl. no more drug tests and imma start going to NA 3X a week. ill explain more later but i got a 2 hour trip to make to go get this script. after today im done getting subs. ill have 30 tabs to make last 2 months then hop off.

oh, and if anyone has to pay out of pocket for subs. try this site www.goodrx.com it works. i called the cvs near the doc im going to and they accept it. my 60 ct script goes from $600 to $220

^ I actually just checked that out and it will save me a good amount of cash if I switch from films to generic. I do like the easiness of splitting up doses with the films, but it can't be too hard with the tablets.

Last edited:
^^

Yeah the strips do allow for really easy micro dosing, but it's really not too bad with the pills. Getting a pill splitter can make it 10x easier. You can get them into pretty small pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.