• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, my heroin addiction slowed my life up too, fortunately I didn't get myself into any serious legal trouble and that's what I'm grateful for, everything else can be fixed to a degree. I usually listen to fast paced hip-hop but now off the sub I found myself listening to a lot of depressing rock. I haven't listened to Social Distortion is a while and I keep playing winners and losers.

Yea..I've never been arrested but I was with my ex-gf when she was arrested (which led to her getting a sub script for us) but they let me go..I fucked up my school a lot and student loan debt sucks..I've been 1 class short of my business administration degree for 2 years now but I'm goin back to take that 1 class for the spring semester....but even with my degree I have no idea what to do with my life....scary shit

deadmau stay in school man. if you're attending school the monthly fee is wavered, though you still accrue interest. plus you only have to pay 50 bucks a month, that's the minimum, 6 months after your last session at school. stay in school and keep gettin money, hopefully you can get a good job to pay all that money back though. if not oh well, at least you tried.

Well, this might be a stupid question but: I was on subutex for 6 years daily, I quit taking them half a year ago but still have lots of pills left. Could they be any fun on a rainy day (as in, can I get high on them)?

Well, this might be a stupid question but: I was on subutex for 6 years daily, I quit taking them half a year ago but still have lots of pills left. Could they be any fun on a rainy day (as in, can I get high on them)?

Depends on what your definition of "high" is, Hah. For people with no tolerance who have never done opiates heavily, bupe will fuck them up. Have you been using any other opiates in between? If so, no you probably wont get high. If you've been clean though and haven't messed with anything, than yeah you could definitely. Just keep in mind it's more euphoric in small doses. Try taking 1mg and see how you feel.

Day 8...I feel a little bit better today...I slept about 6 hours but was still waking up hourly...I did take NyQuil and aleve for my cold so I got knocked out super fast...which was pleasant.

Day 3 of dose .25..took it at 7am which has been my pattern for the past 3 days...did not feel it at all yesterday...no energy to do anything...thank god for football or yesterday would suck...today's gonna suck...I have court an hour away for a ticket I got like 4 months ago lol...

Dude I think you are jumping the gun. Years on suboxone? You should be making those reductions over a span of weeks.

I'm down to .75mg myself. I just dropped from .875mg. I was at 1mg more than a month ago. I make a drop every 2-4 weeks depending on how i feel. I have experienced almost 0 discomfort except for the first day or two after the reduction. Those discomforts are nothing more than getting tired earlier, yawning a lot, and an achey upper back towards the end of the day.

I honestly think you're rushing it. Do whatever you feel is best though. Just know thats probably not the best way to go about it.

Dude I think you are jumping the gun. Years on suboxone? You should be making those reductions over a span of weeks.

I'm down to .75mg myself. I just dropped from .875mg. I was at 1mg more than a month ago. I make a drop every 2-4 weeks depending on how i feel. I have experienced almost 0 discomfort except for the first day or two after the reduction. Those discomforts are nothing more than getting tired earlier, yawning a lot, and an achey upper back towards the end of the day.

I honestly think you're rushing it. Do whatever you feel is best though. Just know thats probably not the best way to go about it.

Yeah, reducing slowly like that and then jumping off at way below 1mg is the best way to go about it in my opinion. People make the mistake of weening too fast or hopping off at too high a dose and then it doesn't work out.

I can't get down lower than 1mg a day. I've been at 1mg for about 2 months with the occassional 2-4mg dosing a few times a month. I've dosed up to 4mg a day for 3 days then taken 2 days off and back to 1-2mg. Now I'm back on 1mg and I cannot get to a lower dose.. It's driving me crazy. I think I'm going to start dosing every 36hrs instead of 24hrs so I go into withdrawals and actually feel that glow we are all wanting. I normally just get a little bit of energy and analgesia which has been increased since lowering down to 1mg from 2-4mg. I was on 2-4mg for almost 2 years!! It was way too high of a dose and I was getting extreme nausea and headaches (could be from naloxone in it). Anyways, my point is guys that less is more but getting below 1mg can be a bitch. I think I'm gonna start doing .5mg 2x a day. I feel like I waste most of my dose anyway because the piece of strip is so small (I have the 8mg strips). I always feel like I swallow a bunch of it so I was snorting the liquid with a syringe or sticking it in my ass and I found snorting to be just as effective and fast relief as plugging up the ass and its much less intrusive although it BURNS YOUR NOSE LIKE A BITCH. I need to get another syringe so I can start snorting it again. It also decreases the half-life which is good cuz then I can go into withdrawals faster and feel my dose when I take it.

man you guys struggle so much just jump off and get it over with. its like suffering for months, the withdrawal isnt that bad im 10 days off now.

it was scattered. about a week before i did i had a nasty ear infection and was taking 8mg a day. then i went to 4mg one day, then 2mg, then i lost the other 2mg. so 2mg i guess.

the dose doesnt matter as much as people think. you start trying to taper down and you just fuck yourself in the end because youre only more adapted to the suboxone.

no matter what you do, youre going to suffer nasty withdrawals. its all over in 2 weeks so who cares just get it over with.

no matter what you do, youre going to suffer nasty withdrawals. its all over in 2 weeks so who cares just get it over with.

Hah, unfortunately it's not that easy for everybody. And, coming off of 2mg's compared to something like .25mg's is definitely a big difference.. it's just like any drug. Kicking a 4 bundle a day H habit is 10x worse than kicking a 1 bundle a day one. That is why tapering is recommended to begin with, otherwise it wouldn't matter. Dosage is important..

Hah, unfortunately it's not that easy for everybody. And, coming off of 2mg's compared to something like .25mg's is definitely a big difference.. it's just like any drug. Kicking a 4 bundle a day H habit is 10x worse than kicking a 1 bundle a day one. That is why tapering is recommended to begin with, otherwise it wouldn't matter. Dosage is important..

Spot on, even though .5mg or 1mg seems like a low dose, its not. Its hard as fuck to get off .5mg. I ran out early cuz of some.trading, and I was basically down from 1.5mg a day, thr next week I was at .5mg every other day, then I ran out. St the 48msrk I was in withdrawal. Hot and cold sweats, runny nose, trouble sleeping, Nd the worst anxiety ever...

Anyways dosages matter

man it only takes 4 or 5 days and its uphill i did it at 2mg. that was 10 years of abuse with 3 years of subs. ah well good luck all. i finally broke free of that shit.

I'm currently sick with strep throat and man does it suck...but I felt a little better today even though it was still bad.

If I wasn't sick I would've so just jumped off by now (day 8 of lowering my dose from 1 to .5 to .25)but I can't distinguish what's my illness and what's my withdrawal...I actually slept 5 hours straight yesterday but still woke up at 5ish a.m...so I know the cold sweats, lack of energy and RLS I believe to be the sub and I attribute my splitting headache, throat that kills every swallow, stuffed nose is my sickness...lack of sleep probably a combination of both.

Ill see how I feel when I wake up before I decide to jump off or not...god damn hate my immune system

man you guys struggle so much just jump off and get it over with. its like suffering for months, the withdrawal isnt that bad im 10 days off now.

everybody is different.. it's pretty difficult to jump off when you've been on it for around 2 years. every time I've tried to jump off I end up back on the dope. I think a slow taper is the best way to go for myself and some other people. if you are able to jump off that's awesome and more power to you, but not all of us want to put ourselves through the risk of relapsing on dope and dying or feeling terrible for weeks. It's the depression and anxiety that really gets me about the withdrawals and of course the overwhelming urge to use. The physical part is not the issue at all, it's not that bad but the mental side is the hardest for me.

yeah sorry. i understand. its just after 3 years of suboxone plus another 7 of oxycodone/whatever abuse i feel so good being off those god awful chems.

the withdrawal was... bad. but i made it because i had no choice. there was nothing available so i just had to do it. i put myself in that position for a reason though.

New on the site so bare with me. I've been on subs for just about a month. Besides just jumping off cold turkey does anyone have a fast taper? I was thinking about just using it when needed and then only a small sliver at that. I know I will have some w/d feeling but won't the sliver help with those? I'm also thinking about jumping CT and using norco's to deal with the withdrawals. I've been reading more and more that people jump back on the norco's for a month and then do a super quick induction on subs and walking off that in 5 days. Which in my opinion is the way it should be used on the first or 2nd attempt of getting clean. Why mess with people and put them on something that is worse to get off. Yes, I'm an addict, but living the clean life for a week has shown me what I have been missing.

So after 40 hours of research I have come up with 3conclusions: 1. You taper slowly over months and still deal with w/d's but manageable. 2. You use subs to get your life back and do a super slow taper. 3. You use subs to get your life back, jump back on DOC until subs are out of system then use subs for a quick 5 day withdrawal and suffer no w/d's.

So, what do you guys think? Should I just jump off and deal with the nasty w/d's. Do I jump off and use norco's to deal with the w/d's. Or finally just do slow ass taper?

Couple of weeks ago I asked about prolonging dosage of bupe, 38-th page of this thread or something like that..

I tried this trick with vodka, anyway I put 1 pill of 8mg in 0,02 dl of vodka, shake it for 10 minutes, it was completly disolved, and put very little under my tongue, maybe 15 to 20 % of liquid under my tongue.
Anyway, im no stranger to doses 20 mgs and much more, so im "very resistant". Im on 16mg per day on paper.
All that happen it was very strong headache, but i think its a "good" thing because those type of headaches i had before when i took to much.. So i probably OD myself a little.
Can you answer me, does alcohol strenghten bupe or lower ability of liver to process the same? Do I have relatively more of bupe or less of liver power with this type of intake?
I dont want to take more if it will just give me headaces, or should i take much less of that mixture?
And again sorry on engrish

Status
Not open for further replies.