• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you more, although when I would bump up my dose I would get more energy and a slight euphoria but not enough to classify myself as having a "buzz". Maybe equate it with taking a vicodin or something...but everyone is different.

This happens to me as well, me and my friends talk about it...we call it a mood boost lol

Alright last post. I will say I agree with you that a lot of sub doctors are running a business first and a social service second, can't really blame them being the low lives we can be sometimes. But for me paying $400 a month for subs and doctor combined is really nothing compared to what my dope habit was. But the MAIN reason why suboxone was successful for me was it's ability to block any opiate. In the beginning I wanted to quit but didn't trust myself and knew I could relapse on a whim, which unfortunately I did relapse a couple times and paid a lot for nothing, hardheaded got to feel it I guess...or not feel it. But I eventually figured ot that it wasn't worth it to get dope and got in the routine of taking my sub every morning and I was blocked for a couple days at least. I wish I could have done Kratom, would have saved me $ and I wouldn't be substituting one opiate for another but I'm 99.7% sure I would have gotten back on dope...That .3% you threw in there was funny to me...I'm a math guy...younger people I work with break out a calculator for 8x7

I had the strips and cutting 1/32 is a pain I'm sure, I didn't even try. I'm not going to claim this is right but I would just cut off a corner and take it in the morning. If I needed to take another corner in the evening then I would do so. I would eventually get to the point where I didn't need one in the evening and I would cut a smaller corner on the next round of dosing and keep repeating until I was down to where I wanted to jump off which ending up being .5mg and wished I had gone lower.

I'm clicking on the quote button...and not getting it...I must be missing something.

Last edited:
deadmau: its harder to go from 0.5 to 0.25 than 8 to 1, i think. when you get that low you really feel it. you may be going to fast. i would drop no less than every two weeks. i didn't even bother cutting them in the end. i just broke off the smallest piece i possibly could and that was my dose. after three years you kinda get to know that stuff rather well though i wish i hadn't.

ScaredInfectionsH: you're a whole week ahead... i always wake up because my heart is pounding. RLS still kind of sucks but no way as bad as day 3. yeah i want to get to the gym but its 20 miles out and i'm broke.

i want OFF subutex :( been almost 6months now, dose is unsteady and i still end up abusing my script. not good.

ok i have been on suboxone for over a month or two, will i be able to get high on a full agonist if i have waited 12+ hrs ago. i have 120mg morphine IR will waiting 24+ hrs and then taking the 120mg morphine get me high?

i only takw 1-2mgs a day

Last edited:
One of the benefits of supervised daily dosing is you canT abuse it I guess. I went from 12mg to 2mg in a month with almost no discomfort but I'm getting worried about going to 1mg tomorrow

ok i have been on suboxone for over a month or two, will i be able to get high on a full agonist if i have waited 12+ hrs ago. i have 120mg morphine IR will waiting 24+ hrs and then taking the 120mg morphine get me high?

i only takw 1-2mgs a day

I believe that t's roughly 12 hours for every 1mg of Suboxone you take daily. I remember being on 4mg of subs a day and waiting 36 hours to shoot H because I was impatient. Waiting 4-6 hours in between shots, I was usually nodding by my 3rd shot. A good way my doctor described it is picture your brain as a stadium with all the seats filled by subs, the longer you wait for the subs to clear out of the seats there will be more seats to be filled with your DOC, which will get you higher. Of course, doctor was describing this is the opposite direction when I first came in and was worried about the Sub sending me into p'd wd's.

Ugh tonight sucked..been waking up at 5am every night...it's awful! I have a very bad head cold as well..soooo stuffed up...throat kills...awful headache...it's been going around. I can feel the RLS in my legs and the cold sweats when I wake up throughout the night so it's not to hard to distinguish between the two.

Today is day 7 of lowering my dose from 1 to .25 and my second day of .25...I wanna jump off real soon..I want all the sub out of my body...I wanna be completely opiate free after 3 years of OC and 8 of suboxone.

deadmau, i think you should just go for it man. flush the subs and ride the roller coaster man. no sense in dragging it on. im on day 7 or 8 and yes i only got 5 hours of sleep (not at one time either) but i feel fine and each morning i can tell is better than the last. it was only 4 days of shit then it was all up hill. i was abusing for a good 10 years.

so i have a question now. for some reason it seems i cant retain water. my lips have been chapped since the start of the sober time and well the cottage cheese thing too if you know what i mean. ive also been eating better than i have in a year or two. dark organic greens, fruits, veggies, whole grains... its like im always thirsty and it flushes right out. is that because of withdraw or is it just me?

Ugh tonight sucked..been waking up at 5am every night...it's awful! I have a very bad head cold as well..soooo stuffed up...throat kills...awful headache...it's been going around. I can feel the RLS in my legs and the cold sweats when I wake up throughout the night so it's not to hard to distinguish between the two.

Today is day 7 of lowering my dose from 1 to .25 and my second day of .25...I wanna jump off real soon..I want all the sub out of my body...I wanna be completely opiate free after 3 years of OC and 8 of suboxone.

I don't think you should be putting yourself through that much agony if you're not completely jumping off yet. It's been 8 years of sub for you so what's another month of gradually tapering yourself to .25mg. I had been on sub only a year and going from 1mg to .5mg had some discomfort. And you might have to go through a similar episode once you completely jump off. Do you, just my opinion obviously but I give you props for your determination, hang in there.

deadmau, i think you should just go for it man. flush the subs and ride the roller coaster man. no sense in dragging it on. im on day 7 or 8 and yes i only got 5 hours of sleep (not at one time either) but i feel fine and each morning i can tell is better than the last. it was only 4 days of shit then it was all up hill. i was abusing for a good 10 years.

so i have a question now. for some reason it seems i cant retain water. my lips have been chapped since the start of the sober time and well the cottage cheese thing too if you know what i mean. ive also been eating better than i have in a year or two. dark organic greens, fruits, veggies, whole grains... its like im always thirsty and it flushes right out. is that because of withdraw or is it just me?

yeah, IAS is prob right, just power through if you're already in hell deadmau. I had really bad chapped lips too, I thought it was due to me being lazy and just laying under my ceiling fan all day. I know when I was on opiates I would feel like I had to piss real bad and I would just stand over the toilet for like 2 minutes before I finally went and now it just flows. I'm also eating a lot now, not nearly as healthy of a diet, gaining weight, started drinking liquor again also, told myself it was to help me sleep, hopefully I don't substitute one habit for another. Canadian Club the prohibition drink of choice for Boardwalk Empire.

Yeah man, my stomach is still jacked but I'm eating great, I think I should get some of that loperamide stuff people are always talking about.

I don't think you should be putting yourself through that much agony if you're not completely jumping off yet. It's been 8 years of sub for you so what's another month of gradually tapering yourself to .25mg. I had been on sub only a year and going from 1mg to .5mg had some discomfort. And you might have to go through a similar episode once you completely jump off. Do you, just my opinion obviously but I give you props for your determination, hang in there.

3 years 8 months actually lol...

I'm dehydrated all the time even as I'm writing this!!! I'm taking creatine daily so I thought that was the reason...my mom said the cold medicine I'm taking makes me dehydrated because it drys me up (wtf?)..guess it must be withdrawal as well

But man..how much my life's forward progress was halted for almost 4 years...so crazy to think about and everything I screwed up

once you get off the subs you wont wanna go back ever. i think itll be good for you.

and yeah those cold medicines dry me the fuck up too, i stopped taking them. im pretty sure the antihistamines are what cause that. but im still dehydrated, sweaty, but its hardly anything compared to the beginning stint.

this may sound strange but what i think helped me the most thru was really loud music (or me even playing guitar). the louder with more bass took my mind off the physical and mental negativity.

True, my heroin addiction slowed my life up too, fortunately I didn't get myself into any serious legal trouble and that's what I'm grateful for, everything else can be fixed to a degree. I usually listen to fast paced hip-hop but now off the sub I found myself listening to a lot of depressing rock. I haven't listened to Social Distortion is a while and I keep playing winners and losers.

hell yeah dude, you should get the box set for Velvet Underground "Peel Slowly and See" it has tons of extra.

my favorite song is Sister Ray, i blast that shit in w/ds at the gym. plus its like 18 minutes or something so youre that much closer to freedom!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJUpY5geWcU

i cant listen to that song heroin it makes me wanna kill myself

Status
Not open for further replies.