• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay thanks specter, I was wondering about doing that. How does 1mg sounds or should I start with less? Also I will be going 48 hours with out methadone no matter what so that should help too I hope

yellownikes, thats WAY too much to test. you can be off the methadone for 3 or 4 days, take subs, and go into worse withdrawal than you already were.

im talking 0.25mg man... once every TWO hours. youre going to need to gauge for yourself. also be ready to expel lots of feces just in case.

these guys should be making smaller strips, not LARGER ones. shit id take a pancake sized 1mg strip over a 12mg death sentence.

Hey guys, I have a few questions that have been bugging me lately. I'm working on this project that got funding for using a generic suboxone tablet for in-home induction but, it seems that there isnt any.

I did background reading on this issue, and have to say I'm sickened by R&B's attitude and actions over the whole thing. The project can't use the films and only the tablets, which to my knowledge are going off the market soon? (when?)

Do people generally prefer the film over the tablets? I can't believe they can get away with plugging the pediatric risk card since they use blister packs in every other country.

Also, how comfortable are docs with prescribing just bupe? I know the general thinking docs have is that suboxone can't be abused, but the project would need to use bupe tablets if we couldn't get suboxone. Also, which people prefer to take, suboxone or subetux?

The one thing the project would have that might help doctor's worries is that doses that are dispensed are monitored.

Thanks for the help, and its a really cool website here. I myself come from a family with members having a problem with opioids.

hey bud. tablets were nice but if you want to get better id say stick with the strips. unfortunately, some of these questions can only be answered by the doctors themselves. i don't think a regular doctor can prescribe bupe unless its for chronic pain, not substance abuse related. that's my guess though, perhaps someone here might know better. where is your location approximately?

Okay, im gonna try .25mgs every two hours once I get it which will be tomorrow morning so it will be 50 hours after my last dose of methadone.. God I hope I don't go into precipitated withdrawals, I'll be at work of all places.

i was at work too when i did that. im sure youll be just fine. the hardest part is waiting 2 hours between each dose.

start way before work if you can so you dont flip your shit out. also, when i did that it worked fine, but with one issue: explosive liquid feces.

it felt great getting off all the shit i was on and no problems other than that projectile poop. you have been forewarned.

these guys should be making smaller strips, not LARGER ones. shit id take a pancake sized 1mg strip over a 12mg death sentence.

^ lol

keep in mind if I got my paws on some 12mg strips, I'd dissolve one in bacteriostatic solution, and would essentially just have a bigger volume or a more potent solution, and would actually use the same dosages I am now.

im sure. i was afraid to use IV though. plus tapering on that never worked for me anyway, LIKELY because when you go sub-lingual you can't regulate your serum levels. the unfortunate side of suboxone i think. there's too much wiggle room for dosage and you dont really know how much youre getting each dose you know?

well, you have it down to a science, it's too bad they dont have an oral version providing us with a little more stabilized bio-availability. or pancake 1mgs.

Thanks for was warning lol. I can't get the sub till 8:00am when the pharmacy opens, I go to work at 7:30 am so ill be doing all of this at work... But im thinking I'll be fine, I have a really fast metabolism and I am all ready experiencing pretty bad wds (tonight is gonna suck, but I have baclofen, gabapentin and clonidine to help me through the next 24+ hours. I

Last edited:
Thanks for was warning lol. I can't get the sub till 8:00am when the pharmacy opens, I go to work at 7:30 am so ill be doing all of this at work... But im thinking I'll be fine, I have a really fast metabolism and I am all ready experiencing pretty bad wds (tonight is gonna suck, but I have baclofen, hydrocodone, gabapentin and clonidine to help me through the next 24+ hours. I

I would just show up to work late; that's just me.

yeah may call in or just make up a story that youll be late. dose that 0.125mg piece and try and relax, then go when you know youre ok and dose again.

Kicking the suboxone!!!

Hi all. It's been a while since I've been on here. I was a pill head for a good 6 years, and this site prolly saved my life 50 times over. Anyway, I've been clean and on suboxone for almost 2 years now. the problem is that my insurance ran out, and all i have left is one bottle of 60. for the first year and a half i was taking 2-8mg pills a day. for the past 4 months i brought it down to 1 and a half 8mg pills a day. I just brought it down to one a day, but like i said, i only have roughly 60 left. i was planning on tappering down, bringing the dose down to 3/4 a pill after a week or so, then 1/2 after another week or so, but i'm just really scarred bout withdrawing. i've heard horror stories, and have seen first hand how bad sub wd can be, and I CANNOT deal wit that kinda shit right now. so given the time i've been on the subs, and how many i have left, what are the chances that i'll wd? thanks in advance!!!

btw, i snort the subs, instead of taking them sublingualy. i find this to be much more effective. i dont know if that factors in to the whole wd process, and how much is in my system.

OP, if no one has replied make sure to edit your last post instead of double posting.

I would switch to sublingual before starting your taper.
And regardless of the taper plan you set up, you're going to have some WDs and just general discomfort.
That's just how it works. But a good taper plan as well as stocking up on vitamins and meds will greatly effect how much discomfort you will go through.

what are the chances that i'll wd? thanks in advance!!!

The chances that you'll suffer withdrawal are 100%. Use what you have to taper if your forced to cease your maintenance. If you taper correctly it could minimize withdrawal symptoms.

btw, i snort the subs, instead of taking them sublingualy. i find this to be much more effective. i dont know if that factors in to the whole wd process, and how much is in my system.

The intranasal bioavailability of suboxone is ~60%, the sublingual bioavailability is ~30%. You decide which one you prefer.

The chances that you'll suffer withdrawal are 100%. Use what you have to taper if your forced to cease your maintenance. If you taper correctly it could minimize withdrawal symptoms.

Pretty much what I said ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.