• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v.4 The Orangeman Cometh

Don't worry about the sweating. I was the same for the first 2-3 months. The most important thing at the beginning is to figure out the right dose. My Dr. got me started at 16mg and I am now at 4mg. I tried going down to 2mg but it was too low and my chronic headache was killing me. Everyone is different so you are the one who will decide what's right for you. And by the way, larger dose doesn't mean bigger high. On the contrary. Good luck. ✌️
Thank you!

I had really super bad migraine today. Been in bed all day with it.
That is one of the problems with suboxone for me. It gives me headaches which I am desperately trying to control.
My migraine headaches got knocked out of control from car accident,

I am forcing down some more of this suboxone now.
She has started me off with 8 mg 3 times a day.

Not sure what to do. I was feeling better yesterday.
Today I feel terrible.

Will keep trying.
Hope it straightens out.
God, this is hard.

I got to hand it to you @deficiT
This thread title is so damn funny and right on!
”The 🍊 Orange Man Cometh
😂😂😂

That is The Truth.

Day 3 of change from morphine to suboxone here for me.
I am awake at 5:37 a.m.
I had to redose.
Seems that I can go about 8 hours with 8 mg Suboxone and then I start getting withdrawal symptoms.
I am coming from 90 mg morphine a day.

God, this has been a horrific 10 days.
I was 8 days without morphine or gabapentin.
Couldn’t find a new doctor.
Finally, found the nurse practitioner that worked at my old doctor’s.
She knew I would be coming.
She has got a nice new office. The old place I had to go to was so gross.
It was an old, old building. Used to be a nunnery, weird Catholic Church built there. You could just feel the ghost’s.
It was the most disgusting energy that I have ever felt.
I am so glad I never have to set foot in there again!

So far, so good.
It is always a shit process to change medications.
I am really hoping that technology has come a long way and I am going to get my life back!
Pray for me friends.
This is scary.

Honestly, I am feeling better in a lot of ways.
My sex drive is kicking back in, I can move better, and I actually have less back and leg pain.
I feel alert and good right now.

The suboxone has made me tired for last 3 days, but I was exhausted after going through 8 days morphine and gabapentin withdrawal.

👍👍👍

Thank you!

I had really super bad migraine today. Been in bed all day with it.
That is one of the problems with suboxone for me. It gives me headaches which I am desperately trying to control.
My migraine headaches got knocked out of control from car accident,

I am forcing down some more of this suboxone now.
She has started me off with 8 mg 3 times a day.

Not sure what to do. I was feeling better yesterday.
Today I feel terrible.

Will keep trying.
Hope it straightens out.
God, this is hard.
Just don't give up. The begging is the hardest part. When you figure out the optimal dose everything will be much better. You don't have to wait for your Dr. to tell you when to start tapering. You can do it yourself. But remember, do it slowly. No more than a 25% at the time. For example if you tapper down from 8mg don't try to immediately go to 4mg. First get to the 6mg and stay on it for a week. Then you can go to 4mg. Bupe is a powerful stuff and side effects can be very uncomfortable. Also try the spit method for the headache. Put the strip under your tongue and keep it there for at least 15-20 minutes. After that try to get all your saliva together and spit it out. It helps a bit. All the best. ✌️

Honestly, I am feeling better in a lot of ways.
My sex drive is kicking back in, I can move better, and I actually have less back and leg pain.
I feel alert and good right now.

The suboxone has made me tired for last 3 days, but I was exhausted after going through 8 days morphine and gabapentin withdrawal.

👍👍👍
Hi, just wanted to show support for your ordeal! I have been on several different doses of sub, including 16mg, where I am today. I did not notice that lower doses = bigger euphoria. I think the key is to let it be in the background of your life and instead focus on finding new interests or hobbies that are also euphoric in their own way, like playing an instrument or building an IG account full of photos of whatever... one benefit of building your tolerance to bupe's effects is that you can dose lateer at night without it keeping you from falling asleep, or I should say, that is what I've found.

Hi, just wanted to show support for your ordeal! I have been on several different doses of sub, including 16mg, where I am today. I did not notice that lower doses = bigger euphoria. I think the key is to let it be in the background of your life and instead focus on finding new interests or hobbies that are also euphoric in their own way, like playing an instrument or building an IG account full of photos of whatever... one benefit of building your tolerance to bupe's effects is that you can dose lateer at night without it keeping you from falling asleep, or I should say, that is what I've found.
Thank you. Very much. ❤️
I am sending you some love, for your ordeal as well.
It has been a journey.
It still is.

Every bit of advise and support is priceless.

I found the same as you, regarding the suboxone.
I am needing 16 mg every 8 hours right now.
I already used like 1 or 2 too many pills.

Thanksgiving was hard to get through.
It stressed me out some, with all my relatives looking at me and just the noise, the kids, too much food and stimulation for me right now. I bailed out on the 2 episodes of The Grinch.
That is okay though. I went and had a nice dinner and stuff.
It is surreal to me right now.
It feels like I have been in a coma for 10 years and am just coming around.

I need to take this slow.
This is going to be a process.
One that I do not want to mess up.
I want to be better.
I am so glad I want to and am doing better.
Just need to not let the holidays wreck me.
I always have a hard time with the holidays.

I agree that I need to let this be in the background and to find new hobbies.
I love music. Maybe I will take up an instrument. IDK...
I am going to have to think about what I would like to do.
It is amazing that I feel good enough to play an instrument or something...

Thank you. Very much. ❤️
I am sending you some love, for your ordeal as well.
It has been a journey.
It still is.

Every bit of advise and support is priceless.

I found the same as you, regarding the suboxone.
I am needing 16 mg every 8 hours right now.
I already used like 1 or 2 too many pills.

Thanksgiving was hard to get through.
It stressed me out some, with all my relatives looking at me and just the noise, the kids, too much food and stimulation for me right now. I bailed out on the 2 episodes of The Grinch.
That is okay though. I went and had a nice dinner and stuff.
It is surreal to me right now.
It feels like I have been in a coma for 10 years and am just coming around.

I need to take this slow.
This is going to be a process.
One that I do not want to mess up.
I want to be better.
I am so glad I want to and am doing better.
Just need to not let the holidays wreck me.
I always have a hard time with the holidays.
Holidays are definitely the hardest part. Christmas is coming and I'm already thinking how to avoid family and friends? I'm still not ready for a casual conversation. Must survive. ✌️

Holidays are definitely the hardest part. Christmas is coming and I'm already thinking how to avoid family and friends? I'm still not ready for a casual conversation. Must survive. ✌️
I feel the same way.
I always have a problem at Christmas.
It is a lot of pressure.
I prefer to hang out on my compiter island. 😁😂

Well, I am worried because I have got to go back to the doctor on Monday.
I barely have enough Subutex to make it till Then.
I will have to take half of what I have been til Monday.
Worried I will have withdrawal from that.

I have been needing 24 mg every 8 hours, so twice a day- 24 mg of Subutex.
I went back after 7 days and told her this and she said “oh, good!”.
But she wrote my prescription out for one 8 mg pill 3 times a day.
So, that is less than I have been needing.
I am trying to manage chronic pain and just came from 90 mg a day morphine.
I think she will give me a new script. 🙏
But, I am worried the pharmacy won’t fill it.
They will if it is a dosage adjustment right?

Hell me guys.
How long can I squeeze out of Suboxone before having withdrawal from that?

I feel the same way.
I always have a problem at Christmas.
It is a lot of pressure.
I prefer to hang out on my compiter island. 😁😂

Well, I am worried because I have got to go back to the doctor on Monday.
I barely have enough Subutex to make it till Then.
I will have to take half of what I have been til Monday.
Worried I will have withdrawal from that.

I have been needing 24 mg every 8 hours, so twice a day- 24 mg of Subutex.
I went back after 7 days and told her this and she said “oh, good!”.
But she wrote my prescription out for one 8 mg pill 3 times a day.
So, that is less than I have been needing.
I am trying to manage chronic pain and just came from 90 mg a day morphine.
I think she will give me a new script. 🙏
But, I am worried the pharmacy won’t fill it.
They will if it is a dosage adjustment right?

Hell me guys.
How long can I squeeze out of Suboxone before having withdrawal from that?
16mg was my initial dose after being 15 years on Oxy. And it worked. Never felt any withdrawal side effects. According to the studies Suboxone has a ceiling effect. Quote: "Buprenorphine has a ceiling effect, i.e., the linear relationship between the dose and the effect disappears at doses greater than 24 mg per day." According to this you should be fine at the current dose. 24 mg occupies 97% brain receptors so anything more than that should make no difference. Good luck ✌️
ps. I am also most comfortable on my "compiter island ". I have no desire to communicate with people at all.

One doctor told me that bupe can be enough to get a person out of H overdose, what’s your thoughts on that?

One doctor told me that bupe can be enough to get a person out of H overdose, what’s your thoughts on that?
I believe it could.
I've never witnessed it first hand, but pharmacologically speaking, both the bupe & naloxone in a Suboxone should be able to help reverse a full agonist OD, because it will rip it off the receptors.

I suck at math lol...

I cut up 2mg strip into 8 small sticks. Math on that dose wise?

Trying to get taper but might need actual pain meds for back soon. Been tapering off down 0.5mg for ages...........

I believe it could.
I've never witnessed it first hand, but pharmacologically speaking, both the bupe & naloxone in a Suboxone should be able to help reverse a full agonist OD, because it will rip it off the receptors.
Bupe takes a long time to kick in. That person has a high chance to die if your going to wait on Bupe. Under the tongue is like 30-60 minutes. You will need a narcan injection or nasal spray.

If someone tried this on me when I oD on fent, I'd be dead im sure.

Also I've seen this asked a lot on reddit. The answer is no. Too long to kick in. Unless you can manage to iv it.

I’m where H is H and doctor who told me that saved enough people for me to think that’s not bs in case of H od..

Surely nartlexone is 100x times better but it’s not available like in US so if someone OD’s and has just bupe around it could still save life. Certainly better than just calling ambulance and waiting who knows how long.

Bupe takes a long time to kick in. That person has a high chance to die if your going to wait on Bupe. Under the tongue is like 30-60 minutes. You will need a narcan injection or nasal spray.

If someone tried this on me when I oD on fent, I'd be dead im sure.

Also I've seen this asked a lot on reddit. The answer is no. Too long to kick in. Unless you can manage to iv it.
Obviously you would need to use the bupe/naloxone intranasally or IV.

Just don't give up. The begging is the hardest part. When you figure out the optimal dose everything will be much better. You don't have to wait for your Dr. to tell you when to start tapering. You can do it yourself. But remember, do it slowly. No more than a 25% at the time. For example if you tapper down from 8mg don't try to immediately go to 4mg. First get to the 6mg and stay on it for a week. Then you can go to 4mg. Bupe is a powerful stuff and side effects can be very uncomfortable. Also try the spit method for the headache. Put the strip under your tongue and keep it there for at least 15-20 minutes. After that try to get all your saliva together and spit it out. It helps a bit. All the best. ✌️
Spit method with Suboxone? Spitting it out doesn’t waste it? Sorry for my ignorance.

I take 90mg morphine a day but since I don't have a prescription it is burning a hole in my pocket. There's these TRANSTEC 20mg patches of bupe that last a week. I suffer from chronic pain but also want a bit of euphoria/some sort of antidepressant effects. Is there a buzz from bupe at such low doses? And how good it Is for pain?
Tyvm in advance.

Sorry to be the one to tell you, but highly unlikely on both counts
your senses being familiar with full agonists you may feel a little tickle at first but will fade into oblivion

Possibly a little anti depressant effect after months of nothing