• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Stupid things drug users say?

‘I’m only using these responsibly from now on’

‘All out, def no more’

‘Never abuse my script’

All crap I’ve said to myself the past few years and recently of course.
... It does tend to go like that, yeah 😏

Humans just have a predisposition to keep doing things that offer short-term guaranteed reward even if we know it's not great for our wellbeing in the long run. 'I'll only have a couple of chocolates / handful of crisps' and next thing you know the whole pack is gone. 'I'll start eating healthier tomorrow '. ' I'll definitely stick to takeaways only once a week ' . 'Starting next month I' ll stop spending money on hookers and lead a sensible life. ' Etc.

Humans just have a predisposition to keep doing things that offer short-term guaranteed reward even if we know it's not great for our wellbeing in the long run. 'I'll only have a couple of chocolates / handful of crisps' and next thing you know the whole pack is gone. 'I'll start eating healthier tomorrow '. ' I'll definitely stick to takeaways only once a week ' . 'Starting next month I' ll stop spending money on hookers and lead a sensible life. ' Etc.

Brilliant. I also think that people tend to view rules as anti-thetical to self-expression, when they are the opposite. And that people tend to view policing as authoritariansim, when more commonly it's interventionism.

Brilliant. I also think that people tend to view rules as anti-thetical to self-expression, when they are the opposite. And that people tend to view policing as authoritariansim, when more commonly it's interventionism.
You have to have certain rules, because without them, society cannot function.

On the other hand I do not believe in the punishment of victimless crimes. If I'm prepared to risk overdose from opiate consumption, liver disease from alcohol, all manner of health issues from overeating, STDs from sleeping around all over the place, that's my prerogative. The only harm that's being done is to myself, and I'm voluntarily inflicting it knowing the potential costs. The law generally does not punish self-inflicted harm EXCEPT in the case of drug use, and I think that's inconsistent and messed up.

Totally agree. Could murder a takeaway now haha.

Totally agree. Could murder a takeaway now haha.
Man, I once trekked a mile down to the nearest petrol station at 10 o'clock at night in horizontal rain that left me soaked to the skin in seconds, with my very last 50p in cash, in order to purchase 1 SINGLE CHOCOLATE BAR.

This, after having turned the house upside down in search of even one bit of leftover dark cocoa powder for baking to spoon straight from the jar or basically ANYTHING vaguely chocolate-flavoured. This, despite the fact that I'd only have had to wait till the morning to have a) a full bank account after payday and b) a perfectly dry weather forecast.

Oh, and instead of taking that chocolate bar home to enjoy properly alongside a nice cup of tea or coffee to make it worth the trouble, I devoured it within 10 secs flat outside the kiosk with water streaming down my face.

... If that's not 'addictive' behaviour then I dunno what is; yet no drug was involved.
The problem isn't the pharmacology of any given thing, but your reliance on that thing to feel good.

Last edited:
Man, I once trekked a mile down to the nearest petrol station at 10 o'clock at night in horizontal rain that left me soaked to the skin in seconds, with my very last 50p in cash, in order to purchase 1 SINGLE CHOCOLATE BAR.

This, after having turned the house upside down in search of even one bit of leftover dark cocoa powder for baking to spoon straight from the jar or basically ANYTHING vaguely chocolate-flavoured. This, despite the fact that I'd only have had to wait till the morning to have a) a full bank account after payday and b) a perfectly dry weather forecast.

Oh, and instead of taking that chocolate bar home to enjoy properly alongside a nice cup of tea or coffee to make it worth the trouble, I devoured it within 10 secs flat outside the kiosk with water streaming down my face.

... If that's not 'addictive' behaviour then I dunno what is.
The problem isn't the pharmacology of any given thing, but your reliance on that thing to feel good.
Fuck me I can totally relate to that scenario.

There’s a shop like a 1 minute walk for me but see at night if I don’t get to bed and I start craving chocolate or crisps - that’s the hard part.

No takeaways delivered here for years but now they all do and it’s just a tap away in their app. Don’t get me started haha.

Fuck me I can totally relate to that scenario.

There’s a shop like a 1 minute walk for me but see at night if I don’t get to bed and I start craving chocolate or crisps - that’s the hard part.

No takeaways delivered here for years but now they all do and it’s just a tap away in their app. Don’t get me started haha.
We should just accept the fact we're appetite-driven creatures in general and that any of these appetites can go overboard, rather than demonising SPECIFIC ones and make up a narrative that they're somehow uniquely bad.

‘How can I extract my previously used meth back out of my urine’

Shit is literally one post above this thread. But have to admit, had me fucking laughing.

Stay good folks
Always, fair winds and following seas

They donate too much to charity.

Chest poked out provado.

Weaponize mindsets that gets used against them always.

I'm too nice. I'm too empathetic. I care way too much about the imbeciles. I volunteer way too much at the homeless animal shelters.

I have vulnerability.

I'm justified.

I divulge.

And I don't do drugs or even drink alcohol.

zNzqnzK.jpg