• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Straight pyschedelics

I prefer Psychedelics of over narcotics but sometimes you need to spice it up a bit. My trips are the most important to me though , out of all my various drug experiences. I really love the mindstate and beautiful visuals psychs bring. Other drugs just can't hold a candle to that <3

You crazy kids. Apart from some very minor experiences with cocaine, it's been mostly dope smoking and booze for me in the last 35 years. Now the booze is gone, due to a medical condition that just doesn't make drinking very wise. The pot and hash has always been on-and-off but lately I've had to be a bit more firm on the off part, and I can see a time when that too will end. It becomes a motivation zapper for me.

I've always been afraid to dabble in hard drugs, so I presume they're not for me. It's never been that tempting.

The psychedelics though are another story. I took some cactus about six months ago and it worked just the way it was supposed to. Part of that is that I haven't had the urge to do it again, though I've got some around and an experience has been planned for a few months from now.

There's a part of me that wants one day to be absolutely straight, eating well, exercising and clear headed. For at least one prolonged period in my life. I don't beat myself up for for juggling 'vices.' I DO though think it will be amazing to find out what it takes to get everything together.

When that happens, I won't consider psychedelics something I have to eliminate. In fact, psychs might could lead the way to better times.

Try some 2c-c. At least for me, it has anti-addictive properties. I held a cigarette for 4 hours without lighting while tripping. I still haven't smoked one since then. I also have lost most of my appetite for alcohol (which has been traditionally quite high), and even helped me cut back my pot smoking to once a day before bed...amazing, really, and I didn't even take this drug with those effects in mind.

I solely do psychedelics, mdma, and weed. Although I have a love/hate relationship with weed, and am always debating quitting (and have taken a number of long breaks).

The only psychedelic I do is 2c-i though, because it's easy to get, cheap, and I find it to be a useful/worthwhile substance.

I pretty much never take mdma or 2c-i more than once a month either, and it works out pretty well for me.

I've done various other stuff, but none of it seemed worth going back to, nor do I want to waste my money on garbage.
What do you know, me too. I've never even tried MDMA. I draw the line at drugs that cause pleasure. The only exceptions are the social drugs, alcohol and cannabinoids, but I do those once or twice a week and I haven't been drunk in years.

As for the psychedelics, I've never tripped more than once in a week, usually once or twice a month.
Mdma is an amazing and worthwhile substance imo.

Last edited:

I concur. It gets passed off as strictly hedonistic drug around here like cocaine but many people (such as me) find incredible therapeutic benefit in it. What the rave/club scene has done to MDMA pisses me off, they've raped one of the most beautiful experiences there is.

I concur. It gets passed off as strictly hedonistic drug around here like cocaine but many people (such as me) find incredible therapeutic benefit in it. What the rave/club scene has done to MDMA pisses me off, they've raped one of the most beautiful experiences there is.

Yup. I find it does have some psychedelic-like properties, however it is a much smoother/easier experience. And in the right setting and when aiming for it, it can have some introspective use. Although it does feel extremely good and is very relaxing, but as with anything moderation is key.

pure MDMA falls into the category of psychedelic IMHO. It really isn't addicting and provides insight in my case.

2cX's never were my thing, always gave me huge headaches. DMT is something that frankly I don't want to use more then once or twice a month but it is truly more then a drug. DMT and LSD played a huge roll in my constant drug use and eventually I unwillingly quit them aswell.

Psychedelics are good things but I think I need to use them in moderation, @ least they are much easier to use in moderation then other things

pure MDMA falls into the category of psychedelic IMHO. It really isn't addicting and provides insight in my case.

2cX's never were my thing, always gave me huge headaches. DMT is something that frankly I don't want to use more then once or twice a month but it is truly more then a drug. DMT and LSD played a huge roll in my constant drug use and eventually I unwillingly quit them aswell.

Psychedelics are good things but I think I need to use them in moderation, @ least they are much easier to use in moderation then other things
From what I've read and ime, tripping no more than once a month is a good plan. Although I think people on here do it a lot more.

And btw, with 2c-i I get a headache on the comedown/afterwards. I just take 2 advil and i'm fine.

Yeah, I've been tripping weekly and I'm going to slow down. The positives start to fade and the side effects get worse. Going to try every 2 weeks, then maybe once a month.

I find all the 2C's give me headaches; they're all tension headaches. The 2C body load is likely some of the worst I've had.

I also love 2C-I, it's one substance that's given me a ++++.

I for one also do not care for using mdma in the club scene. I can have fun like that, just not near as much usefulness as using it in a private setting with close friends. I love the deep conversations we get into while using mdma...the depth and level of real (and real honest) communication we can achieve is incredible.

I know and I've taken to heart Shulgin's reccomendations of it. I've been meaning to try it for a long time now but I keep putting it off for fear of the come-down and depression which many people report. I get none of that from agonist psychedelics.

I was planning to have a week afterwards that I could sacrifice after taking MDMA if I get the blues. Maybe this autumn.

I recommend that you abstain from any tryptophan containing foods or supplements for at least a day and taking at least 120mg of MDMA. (if you are on an SSRI, MDMA will be useless).

If you take vitamin C and 5-HTP during the comedown the minute damage will be non-existent and you will most likely be riding a powerful afterglow. :)

It's truly a blessing. :) <3

Thanks for the advice :)

But wouldn't taking a higher dose increase the chances of a come-down?

^ It certainly would. But underdosing and not reaching that state is missing the point entirely.

120mg of MDMA seems to be the common sweet spot of being totally turned on but not overdoing and ending up with side effects that would detract from the experience. See Myron Stolaroff, Shulgin, et al for that 120mg number. It seems to be the accepted and proper therapeutic dosage.

Nope, infact psychedelics are the type of drugs I use the least by far. If I had access to LSD I might trip a bit more often but after many uses I am well and truly over mushrooms.

I recommend that you abstain from any tryptophan containing foods or supplements for at least a day and taking at least 120mg of MDMA.
Hmm, why whould you need to abstain from tryptophan intake? If anything, tryptophan (like 5-HTP) will help to ease the comedown because body will use it to produce more serotonin, as far as I'm aware. Can you explain your reasoning behind that statement?

I know and I've taken to heart Shulgin's reccomendations of it. I've been meaning to try it for a long time now but I keep putting it off for fear of the come-down and depression which many people report. I get none of that from agonist psychedelics.

I was planning to have a week afterwards that I could sacrifice after taking MDMA if I get the blues. Maybe this autumn.

If you're getting good quality stuff, you really shouldn't be too concerned with the comedown/depression. I've taken it twice (125mg with a 60mg booster, and 175mg with a 70mg booster), and neither times did I really have any issues with the comedown. The comedown is a bit rougher than it is with psychs, but it's really not that bad ime.

And of course I'm sure drinking plenty of water and taking harm reduction supplements help.

Also keeping usage down to once a month or less probably helps prevent the comedown from being as bad.

Stimulants I have used very sparingly (amphetamine and ephedrine just to try the buzz basically) and don't intend to explore further. Opiates, haven't touched (recreationally). Alcohol pretty much never these days, Cannabis might happen.

Psychedelics are the only class of drugs I can see myself using when I'm old (except for some social drinking and tobacco smoking).

well, some of the people you get from may be into harder things and have them on hand. Also getting back into the whole drug lifestyle might be tempting.

Yea, its the people....

Just say no if you don't want to do anything....

Hmm, why whould you need to abstain from tryptophan intake? If anything, tryptophan (like 5-HTP) will help to ease the comedown because body will use it to produce more serotonin, as far as I'm aware. Can you explain your reasoning behind that statement?

I know at first glance my post appears backasswards. The thing is, taking tryptophan or 5-HTP before MDMA will munt the effect. It has a similar munting of the magic that SSRI's have. When there is lots of intercellular serotonin (provided by tryptophan) the sites that the MDMA needs to use to get inside the neuron are blocked by the serotonin. This way the stores of serotonin inside the cell don't get released by the MDMA.

Search around on 5-HTP and how people have said taking it before a roll diminishes the sparkle considerably. This has been my experience.

Taking tryptophan or 5-HTP after the experience during the comedown is good. The neurons have just released a lot of serotonin and now they want more. It's in your best interest to give your neurons what they want. Gobble up that tryptophan/5-HTP, and antioxidants (especially vitamin C).