View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Straight pyschedelics

pr0d1gy

Bluelighter
does anyone just do psychedlics? I haven't used anything in over a year and am thinking about getting back into psychedlics but I don't know if I can keep myself out of harder drugs @ the same time. WHat you do you guys think? any of you do this?

I'm capable of not doing any of the "hard" drugs while maintaining a good relationship with psychs. I booze lightly and socially. I wouldn't consider myself a boozer, but I don't really like tripping in a social occasion where I would need to talk to people.

does anyone just do psychedlics? I haven't used anything in over a year and am thinking about getting back into psychedlics but I don't know if I can keep myself out of harder drugs @ the same time. WHat you do you guys think? any of you do this?

This is pretty much what I do. I trip on the weekends, sometimes smoke pot or take some kratom or booze on the comedown. I pretty much stay completely sober during the week. I never do "hard" drugs.

Why do you think taking psychedelics would make you more prone to getting into "hard" drugs?

This is pretty much what I do. I trip on the weekends, sometimes smoke pot or take some kratom or booze on the comedown. I pretty much stay completely sober during the week. I never do "hard" drugs.

Why do you think taking psychedelics would make you more prone to getting into "hard" drugs?

well, some of the people you get from may be into harder things and have them on hand. Also getting back into the whole drug lifestyle might be tempting.

I find that the kind of people who sell psyches rarely (if ever) also deal in "harder" drugs, personally. Cannabis, ketamine and MDMA maybe, but I'd be surprised to come across an acid dealer who also sold crack or summat. I find it's almost always a very different circle that deal in and/or use psyches than those that deal in "hard" drugs.

I'm sure there are some exceptions (maybe it's different in other places than here in Blighty) but would still think it would be quite unusual. I was very much a part of the "hard" drug scene and lived that lifestyle for most of my adult life and couldn't get psyches for love nor money. Seems to often be a bit of a culture clash and a good deal of seperation between the psyche scene and the "hard" drug scene generally.

I think with use of psychedelic there may be a tendency to be more flippant towards "harder"- or more addictive drugs- simply because ie. xanax cannot compare to LSD in effects/intensity, except its addictive and terribly so. The dangers of harder drugs lie almost solely in their addicition potential IMO- I myself defintely use/d more opiates and benzo's when I started tripping; conversely, tripping has helped me lose desire for such highs. YMMV :)

if and when the times comes I get back into active use of psyches i believe my bad experience with all types of drugs not psychedelic will be a lesson to live by and i will stay away. Of all my drugs use psychedelics are the only drugs that have done anything beneficial IMHO and I plan to use psychedelics in a different way then i did in the past. Life the total "drug life" is not for me anymore but I still think psychedelics have a place in my life

thx for teh insight :D

Life the total "drug life" is not for me anymore but I still think psychedelics have a place in my life

I feel exactly the same way. Even though I do take opiates a few times a fortnight and benzo's daily (though tapering) every experience I have had while tripping recently reafirms to me that drugs of pure pleasure are a slight trap. I get trapped easily, so why risk it? :)

I don't discriminate between hard & soft drugs. I do drugs of all sizes and shapes.

Actually, I'm on suboxone treatment as I have been for several years. So you could say I'm an ex-hard-drug-junkie, but now I'm mostly into psychedelics.

Although I do enjoy the occasional stimulant or benzo, but this happens increasingly rarely.

^It depends how you rate a drug. If its for effect-intensity, then psychedelics are hard as stone; but if its for 'ability to destroy', opiates/stims/benzo's take the cake, eat it, shit it out, rebake it and eat it again.

I liked psychedelics because you could take some acid, get over yourself, think in a different way and when its over you are not worried about how soon your gonna use it again or where to get more.

hehe I think im gonna stay out of the drug scene totally but maybe some MHRB will be delivered to my door for some reason. That might be a good middle ground :D

There's many other ways to acquire psychedelics than buying from street dealers. The only things I get from dealers is LSD and E pills, there's a whole wide world of variation out there; just do a little looking around the electronic playground. :)

lsd is faxable :D

your right there are many good ways on teh net. unfortunately i life in the United States of Fascism

I'm currently working on a micro pipeline where all bluelighters are connected with a mini liquid transferring tube that runs along the copper wires within the rubber sheaths of our internet hookups. We just inject the solution into a receptacle, specify the recipient and hit "send" =D

I don't discriminate between hard & soft drugs. I do drugs of all sizes and shapes.

Actually, I'm on suboxone treatment as I have been for several years. So you could say I'm an ex-hard-drug-junkie, but now I'm mostly into psychedelics.

Although I do enjoy the occasional stimulant or benzo, but this happens increasingly rarely.

This is similar to my experience, Dread. I don't make that seperation either. Any drug can cause problems in the right (or wrong) circumstances but without a doubt some are more prone to cause major problems.

I started my drug "career" running wild and just taking anything and everything that came my way - kid in a sweetshop - but I mostly used cannabis, psyches and speed. Then I kinda drifted into the "hard" drug scene (specifically crack, smack and the host of benzos that go along with that) during a very turbulant time when circumstances beyond my control meant I was forced to leave college and then I lost my girlfriend, my part-time job and the benefits that paid for the roof over my head and topped up my income to a level enough to live on. All of this within the space of a week or so.

As a result of all this, I suddenly went from a "normal" life and found myself homeless, penniless and sleeping on a park bench in the middle of winter. "Hard" drugs - heroin in particular cos it not only helped to numb the shock but also kept me warm at night - took over and it stayed that way for the next decade or so getting deeper and deeper until I was completely immersed in that world.

I eventually got to the point that I knew there was no choice but to make big changes and Subutex provided the essential catalyst and helping hand up to get out of that dark world and back to the light of psyches. I'm still very much a polydrug user cos I love 'em all, but find myself much less interested in using "hard" drugs in an abusive fashion. Although I still have my moments, I find using psyches helps to distance me from excessive "hard" drug use and to avoid going too far down that road again.

I used psychedelics for a long time and had no problems, they did good things IMHO. Using more addicting drugs caused the shit to hit the fan.

I think psychedelics are very unique and I will probably get back into them. I am done with the other stuff though. Just didn't work with me but some people seem to be able to manage

Honestly for many psychedelics have cured harmful addictions. I know for me they have. Something about having a mind opened by psychedelics makes you less prone to fall headlong into that stuff. You are able to see it coming and stop it off before it gets bad. Not only that but you realize that the hard drugs really aren't giving you what you want in life and you cut off the problem at the source.

I'm one of those weird psychedelic-only people. The only intoxicating liquid I've ever consumed is Ayahuasca.

I'm the only person I know who has done LSD, but never been drunk. I don't know how well this will pan out over the course of my life, but it seems to be working for me so far. I accidentally go months, sometimes, without having any drugs at all in my system. The only psychedelics I've ever even felt a twinge of addiction to were the halogenated 2C compounds, and I generally avoid those now, as they've always produced fairly shallow experiences.

Anyway, yes, it does happen.

What do you know, me too. I've never even tried MDMA. I draw the line at drugs that cause pleasure. The only exceptions are the social drugs, alcohol and cannabinoids, but I do those once or twice a week and I haven't been drunk in years.

As for the psychedelics, I've never tripped more than once in a week, usually once or twice a month.