• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Stopping Klonopin / bromazolam 8 mg a day cold turkey..

^ thank you for the update deficit, Oh this is old, I am real bad with forum timelines. (a dam necromanser of threads im afraid). Id try and stay off the crack as well but to each their own.

MAX just barely kept alive through seizurish hell with joke doses of phenobarbital and ativan. Just enough to keep you alive.
Well, keeping you alive is actually something, isn't it?.
When it comes to massive benzo habits, it allways seems more appealing to do it yourself, but when worse come to worst, and you can't keep yourself alive through the seizure hell you described, it's really a good thing if some hospital staff can do it for you.
Sure, sometimes they don't give a shit, sometimes they are openly rude to you.
But they keep you alive, and that's the ultimate thing here.
If, appart of saving your life, you feel they haven't been kind enough to you, you allways can go and pay some $K to a private psychologist to tell you how important you are to the world and how worried the world is about you abusing the hell out of benzos.

But, yes, saving your life is indeed a good start point

^ thank you for the update deficit, Oh this is old, I am real bad with forum timelines. (a dam necromanser of threads im afraid). Id try and stay off the crack as well but to each their own.
Yeah no problem man. Nah this thread ain't that old, so we will refrain from burning you at the stake for practicing necromancy on forum.

Dude, I can't even keeep track of how much bromazolam I'm on anymore. But I go through a LOT building up over several months of daily use, because its like a damn binky for me. I barely feel it anymore except for when I take larger amounts to go to sleep. Like I can be on 4-8mgs minimum throughout the day and walk around basically normally, although a little dumber. I can only imagine how much of this stuff has built up in my system.

I want to be off this drug and I am terrified of how bad the withdrawals will be, I'm starting to get a handle on it now and not taking such massive qtys daily, but even then, might need medical detox to stay on the safe side.

When it comes to any benzo used long term, even in low doses, it is best to tread carefully and get medical help. Benzo wd seizures can be fatal just like alcohol ones.

AKA cold turkey is a shit idea, that's my final answer Regis and I'm sticking to it.

Well, keeping you alive is actually something, isn't it?.
When it comes to massive benzo habits, it allways seems more appealing to do it yourself, but when worse come to worst, and you can't keep yourself alive through the seizure hell you described, it's really a good thing if some hospital staff can do it for you.
Sure, sometimes they don't give a shit, sometimes they are openly rude to you.
But they keep you alive, and that's the ultimate thing here.
If, appart of saving your life, you feel they haven't been kind enough to you, you allways can go and pay some $K to a private psychologist to tell you how important you are to the world and how worried the world is about you abusing the hell out of benzos.

But, yes, saving your life is indeed a good start point

I have ALWAYS been able to do better than the hospital, which is not to say keeping you alive isn't something. I do believe I said if you have NO OTHER OPTION it beats c/t.

I see why some people need it absolutely.....I do not think it is most peoples best course of action unless facing said C/T seizures.....Especially if you are on a higher dose, I didnt say they would prevent seizures at the hospital, jjust death. That is not even a guarantee. Yea C/T is the worst idea on the table forsure.....

Defecit, TAPER, I have been there. CLAM was my blanket when I lost my father. Than it was a ten yr taper. (no exageration) to get back on scripted dose. Which I am and works fine so don't think you can't go backwards.

Last edited:
AKA cold turkey is a shit idea, that's my final answer Regis and I'm sticking to it.
The answer is correct! Regis owes you one million dollars!

OP check back in.

I agree with both lines of thought. One one hand the medical community is not equipped to deal with the level of benzo addiction some of these RC's cause. So an intelligent do it yourself taper is an option. Then again for seizures it is good to be in a medical facility. So I am 50/50 with this. The medical field is only as good as the few intelligent and hard working nurses. To many other nurses are oxygen thieves. It is a toss up.

I have ALWAYS been able to do better than the hospital, which is not to say keeping you alive isn't something. I do believe I said if you have NO OTHER OPTION it beats c/t.

I see why some people need it absolutely.....I do not think it is most peoples best course of action unless facing said C/T seizures.....Especially if you are on a higher dose, I didnt say they would prevent seizures at the hospital, jjust death. That is not even a guarantee. Yea C/T is the worst idea on the table forsure.....

Defecit, TAPER, I have been there. CLAM was my blanket when I lost my father. Than it was a ten yr taper. (no exageration) to get back on scripted dose. Which I am and works fine so don't think you can't go backwards.
Yeah, I had my time with clam too, pretty much fucked up my life a few years ago. And just everything else. Idk, I'm trying to break through generational traumas that were passed down to me through my family I feel, and it always begs the question of what's the point, of doing all this?

Like my grandfather and father both died alcoholics, and I've gone far crazier than they did in some ways. I don't know why I'm still here and I feel like that's just the dark voice of the sedative speaking to me.

Fuck it, I got this. I've done it before I can do it again. But what the fuck am I gonna replace THAT with lmao? Shit sucks.

I basically started out with 2 gs sometime back in fall or winter, and am down to .4 now.

Oh, you were meaning DeficT. I was thinking about the OP, who said that had ran out of benzos and that she/ he had a seizure historial. That's why I could only the hospital/ clinic option.
Thanks God DeficiT isn't in such situation, sure he can taper slowly an on its own

If you're taking Bromazolam, by definition you are dealing with a substance of dubious potency.
Bromazolam is in my experiences dubious indeed. Usefull in my opinion for certain physical issues. Sure it is great at anxiety reduction but unlike Alprazolam (Xanax), bromazolam has muscle relaxing and mild analgesic effects. I would not recommend bromazolam for any treatment based in anxiety as if one doses too hight by mistake, intentionally or otherwise there could very well be an accident of some kind that we may or may not come back from. I have broken a leg and ribs on this substance and have had other physical mishaps on what some would consider a "normal" dose.
They are often much more potent than the assumed 2mg Alprazolam.
See above.
Some say that it is less potent; some moreso. I think source may have something to do with that personally but we do all have different experiences with most things so....
I found that bromazolam is indeed more "potent" than alprazolam maybe because of the added physical element of effects and the side effects of bromazolam lasts somewhat longer than alprazolam.
Just my experience with this substance.
I currently dose ~.25 to .75mg a day. At 11am and 9pm. Depending on how physical may day is. I may not notice anymore of the anxiety relief but am using for back/neck arthritis, sciatica and spinal stenosis. The bromo doesn't seem to lose efficacy and if I understand it correctly the bromo is what creates the physical effects of this triazolobenzodiazepine (benzo).
This is only my experience and understanding of bromazolam over the past couple years.

At OP; be safe and know that you can overcome the situation you find yourself. Any of them. We are not the powerless peons we are meant to believe.
Always,
<3

This might already be said but yes, go to the hospital. What you’re doing is very dangerous. You could have more seizures and it’s possible that you can die from benzo withdrawal. Slowly weaning off benzos is the way to do it.

Oh, you were meaning DeficT. I was thinking about the OP, who said that had ran out of benzos and that she/ he had a seizure historial. That's why I could only the hospital/ clinic option.
Thanks God DeficiT isn't in such situation, sure he can taper slowly an on its own
Yeah, I don't really have a set pattern. But I've been tracking it and I'm taking way less. At least I should have enough to make it relatively painless. It would be nice to get to a point where I could take a benzo if needed and not get sucked into taking them daily. But that's asking a lot considering my self control.