• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Stopping Klonopin / bromazolam 8 mg a day cold turkey..

Rampage St

Bluelighter
So I just ran out yesterday I have gabapentin and the detox I just called will not accept me cause of my seizure history do I really need to go to the hospital?

Yes, I think you need to go and explain them the situation. If you have a seizure historial you are clearly in danger.
How long how you been on benzos?
You take 8 mgs Klonopin a day and then bromazolam on top of it, or what?
Not exactly a light intake, anyway.
Very serious situation, op. Just go to the hospital

How long have you been on that dose? Weeks ? Months ?

How many mgs of the bromozalom per day? And you added klonopin too?

If it's only been a week to 10 days you might be okay. You still will WD but you may luck out with no seizure activity.

If it's been longer than a month you will need to do what snafu said. Hit up the ER and see if they can find you a 72 hour detox bed where they can give you valium as needed.

The gabapentin isn't going to help. I mean it is formulated to help with seizure activity in MILD cases of epilepsy and stuff but a hard core WD from benzodiazepenes is different.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Keep us posted OP.

What I would say is to define the end goal. Wanting completely off is one thing. Just waiting on the next order is another. You need benzos. Either you are going to get some soon or have issues. If the mail comes tomorrow then you just need some for today. Not sure what I would do. I would imagine going to a hospital and stating you have been taking large amounts of benzodiazepines and have run out and are afraid of seizures is good enough. Best case scenario you are at the hospital for a short amount of time and get a script for 25 or so diazepams where the doc thinks you will taper. But you can use them to hold you over until you are ready to stop. Next time don't run out. ;)

Too many people head straight into benzo withdrawal with just pregabalin or gabapentin and to me that is dangerous. Benzo's need benzo's. Two different drugs. Sure it may help a bit but is not a true benzo withdrawal protocol by going CT. It probably works better when someone tapers.

Again keep us posted. You have some concerned BL'ers wanting you to be ok. It is all about safety too.

EDIT: just noticed it may be a short amount of time on these. Not sure what I would do. I am stubborn. I'd probably just go to bed. But some of the better advice is presented, more so for people on longer periods of time. Not sure. I had a friend who was an epileptic and saw him have many seizures. He even had one driving once I had to pull the car over from the passenger seat and we were on an interstate highway doing 65 mph. Seizures are scary.

Last edited:
I’m going to detox in the morning but I’ve been smoking crack which I feel is just pushing me closer to a seizure fuck man this sucks.
Certainly won't help matters, IME.
Try to get to an emergency center or call whatever your country has as an emergency situation.
Ya need to make a choice and the hard as ya know didn't help much with that.
Hell I had a coupla gits of crack yesterday (I think) and got the fuck up and went about my day. Not gonna kill myself over it but gotta be careful but to get that hook in ya.
Wishing the best,
J

Hey @Rampage St :)

As you posted this yesterday, I'm sure you're feeling pretty rattled. You absolutely need to make it to that detox. I know you're smoking Crack right now and we all know what happens to punctuality when Crack is in the picture, you need to go to the hospital emergency department. The fact that you have a seizure history implies you are much more likely than the next person to experience a seizure again.

Please let us know that you've made it okay when you get out. Good luck.

Wow thanks for the update OP. Smoking crack would be the last thing I'd guess you would be doing if heading into benzo withdrawal.

God some of you live on that edge. Impressive but scary! I get nervous as I have been here for some years and watched people end up in the Shrine. I would like to see that slow up.

Come back and update us again when feeling better OP. Stay well.

It's true that when you are undergoing a benzo wd you don't think too clearly, but running out of benzos, asking if you should go to the hospital and then just deciding to go and smoke crack is indeed a very weird decision to make.

my advice: NEVER TELL DOCTOR OR COPS ANY MORE THAN IN CRITICAL SITUATIONS.

these questions are rhetorica, the more you answer yes the ore id avoid flaggin myself.

#1 crack has got to go IMMEDIATELY

Now that you have the money you were spending on crack plus any other income. IF YOU CAN AVOID THE SYSTEM, Still have a plug, and can afford and risk aonther order I would do that and taper.

EVERY SINGLE PESRON THAT RESPONDED TO MY QUESTION ABOUT BENZO TAPERING SAID GO TO THE DOCS/ MEDICAL JOURNAL EVEN.
now I am .25 under my prescription.

If your situation is critical, they will keep you alive, you will be treated like your incarcerated *you are* and charged more than 100 grams of what you want.......

by the way my advice is counter everyone elses with good reason i am guessing

my advice: NEVER TELL DOCTOR OR COPS ANY MORE THAN IN CRITICAL SITUATIONS.

these questions are rhetorica, the more you answer yes the ore id avoid flaggin myself.

#1 crack has got to go IMMEDIATELY

Now that you have the money you were spending on crack plus any other income. IF YOU CAN AVOID THE SYSTEM, Still have a plug, and can afford and risk aonther order I would do that and taper.

EVERY SINGLE PESRON THAT RESPONDED TO MY QUESTION ABOUT BENZO TAPERING SAID GO TO THE DOCS/ MEDICAL JOURNAL EVEN.
now I am .25 under my prescription.

If your situation is critical, they will keep you alive, you will be treated like your incarcerated *you are* and charged more than 100 grams of what you want.......

by the way my advice is counter everyone elses with good reason i am guessing

You make a lot of good, realistic points man. I think in light of this post though, we should reiterate some of the more relevant points in all of this.

- Dude has a history of seizures. This is huge and is no doubt directly related to his stated history of:

- High dosage Benzodiazepine dependence

Bear in mind readers, we are discussing Bromazolam an unscheduled and potent Triazolo-Benzodiazepine. Bromazepam (Lectopam) is a much weaker and more understood substance, as it has been in clinical usage outside of the United States for decades. 8mg Bromazepam would be equivalent to approximately 1.5mg Clonazepam (Klonopin; Rivotril) which I'm using as a reference due to its wider usage these days. Most people know it.

Bromazolam is at least as potent as Clonazepam and likely, moreso. Not only that, the former is known for its relative propensity for causing blackout.

Next, we haven't even touched upon the fact that Bromazolam is not a pharmaceutical drug in most jurisdictions. If you're taking Bromazolam, by definition you are dealing with a substance of dubious potency. I'll add that Bromazolam is frequently found as the Benzodiazepine used in the counterfeit "Xanax Bar 2mg Tablets" and these are oviously going to be of a similar dubious potency. They are often much more potent than the assumed 2mg Alprazolam.

This means that it's entirely possible that this guy is even more dependent than he knows. In fact, I'd bet my paycheck that this is likely the case. I want to reiterate that this guy needs to go to detox. If he didn't have the seizure history, I'd be way more inclined to suggest a personally-supervised taper.

Thank you kief, it was a sloppy post altogether but ill take it.

- When dealing with benzos LAM FROM PAM is an important disctinction.

I still disagree about going in; if you have any other option on earth other thatn straight C/T or until you are at 2 mg a day honest. I agree with kief that your dose is likely quite a bit higher than you think. Bromazolam came along after I was done playing in that sandbox so I can't say awhole lot other than kiefs info seems accurate. My experience with the hospital is they dont give a fuck; you will get what you are legally precribed. MAX just barely kept alive through seizurish hell with joke doses of phenobarbital and ativan. Just enough to keep you alive.

I feel that the larger the dependency the more reason to avoid detox. Taper as much as you can.

A taper with a supervisor has brought me from about the most redicolous habit anyone could imagine to back on my prescribed dose. (which isnt 0) I do truly need them however. (litany of issues ill save)
(obviously if I would have redflagged myself I would have lost my script and the blackmarket cycle would have continued as I do need them)

With regards to legality please keep in mind that you could be hit under the analog act as it is fairly close in structure to etizolam/clonazolam which are sched 1, Bromazepam I believe to be firmly sched 4 no room for interpretation.

Seems I haven't seen anyone get hit with this charge yet but its a manner of time I would think. (waiting for the perfect fool to make the posterchilld of "big benzos", A am no clairvoiyent but I bet the first person that gets hit with bromaz sched 1 will involve a pill press and a fairly well known individual. (twell known to the police, some cat with a ton of priors no doubt.)

I’m going to detox in the morning but I’ve been smoking crack which I feel is just pushing me closer to a seizure fuck man this sucks.
Check back in when you can, let us know you're good. Hopefully the detox went smoothly. If you made it through, try and stay off the benzos.

With regards to legality please keep in mind that you could be hit under the analog act as it is fairly close in structure to etizolam/clonazolam you know the list.
Bromazolam is already schedule 1 in a few states.