• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Star Wars vs Star Trek

Who wins?

• Total voters
Those inventions "inspired by Star Trek" are fucking ridiculous. Whether or not "the father of the cellphone" was a Trekkie, the cellphone was inevitable and Star Trek was not the first sci-fi to introduce the idea (by a long way). As for the tablet, same thing. And Google glass (which is a horrible invention), same thing... This is a classic example of Trekkies giving credit to ST for ideas it did not come up with.

You do realize you asked for examples of inventions that were inspired by Star Trek, not inventions that were solely thought up by Star Trek right? Would you like to point me to these older obscure Sci Fi stories you keep referencing that inspired the inventors of any of those things to actually create them? No you can't, because Star Trek did.

This isn't a thread about which is the better science-fiction franchise, though.

Who the fuck are you to say what this thread is about? Did you create it? The OP doesn't seem to have a problem with the direction the discussion has went in. Maybe you should start your own thread for nobody to post in.

Holy shit dude you're fucking annoying. Are you being serious right now?

Stop it. You're really upsetting me. Please, stop. I can't take the abuse!

You do realize you asked for examples of inventions that were inspired by Star Trek, not inventions that were solely thought up by Star Trek right? Would you like to point me to these older obscure Sci Fi stories you keep referencing that inspired the inventors of any of those things to actually create them? No you can't, because Star Trek did.

Your examples of inventions inspired by Star Trek were stupid. I never said the stories and novels that Star Trek borrowed from were obscure. I'm happy to point you towards them. But, first, maybe you could respond to my points? Answering your own questions is like talking to yourself, in the mirror. You've made up your mind, and that's it. No room for discussion.

It's ridiculous to suggest that Star Trek inspired the mobile phone, considering the fact that both phones and wireless communication devices existed way before the show was conceived. As I said, I'm happy to devote a bit of time to backing up my statements further - but, I think it's only fair that you also respond to my points.

Who the fuck are you to say what this thread is about?

Who are you to say what the thread is about?

I was directly responding to your limiting definition of what this discussion is.

me said:
If "x" is utter crap, then why do so many people love it?

Max said:
Solid logic.

Yeah, fair point. That wasn't worded well. I'll rephrase:

If Star Wars has no redeemable qualities, why is it (the original trilogy) one of the most critically acclaimed and beloved blockbuster series in existence?

Because dorks like you will argue over it until your gums bleed just because your first nut was from masturbating to a Carrie Fisher poster.

Because dorks like you will argue over it until your gums bleed just because your first nut was from masturbating to a Carrie Fisher poster.

To be fair . . .

1e05810fa9087473a3c3e274abfa9cfa.jpg

I can embrace my dweebdom. This dude seems to think he's not a fucking loser, though.

Football sucks... Cry moar

There is still time. take of the treky costume and learn how to talk to women.

[video=dailymotion;xmah25]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmah25_trekkies-complete-film-part-1_shortfilms[/video]

I can embrace my dweebdom. This dude seems to think he's not a fucking loser, though.

I'm not sure if you think that these little schoolboy insults are getting to me in some way.

(Just to be clear: are you saying that you're a "fucking loser", or that you're just a dweeb and I'm a fucking loser?)

Anyone taking part in this conversations is a nerd. That's why I recommended, "Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel" earlier.

I'm just bitter the Lions lost to the Bills, honestly.

I can dig that. I'd be pissed to.

I'm not sure if you think that these little schoolboy insults are getting to me in some way.

(Just to be clear: are you saying that you're a "fucking loser", or that you're just a dweeb and I'm a fucking loser?)

Anyone taking part in this conversations is a nerd. That's why I recommended, "Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel" earlier.

Actually I'm saying that when you really break it down we're all jusSHUTTHEFUCKUPALREADY

My girlfriend is 10 years younger than me and I get daily blowjobs.

You're the one who spends all his time on this forum, not me.

you didn't

Yes, I did.

I'm sure she loves to hear your sermon on the merits of Star Wars too.

I WISH I spent more time on this forum. Alas, I don't get to spend much.