• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Speed for weight loss- how many mgs?

Udyr021

Greenlighter
I use speed occasionally as a party drug but would like to use it more for its appetite suppression effects.

Yes I know this is a bad idea, that I should diet and exercise, etc BUT nothing works better for me than speed in terms of reducing my food intake.

So my question is- how much should I take (I plan to bomb it) and how early should I take it so I can get some sleep?

Amphetamines aren't great for weight loss, because you gain all the weight back after stopping it, but it sounds like you're pretty set on using it, so I'll give you some info to help. 20mg of adderall is probably the optimal dose for weight loss, but you can increase or decrease it depending on how it works. If you're using another amphetamine, just Google the potency ratio and figure out how much is equivalent to 20 mg adderall. XR works better than IR, because it lasts longer, suppressing you're appitite for a longer amout of time. Lisdexamfetamine(vyvanse) is your best option here, since it lasts the longest, but its weaker so you'll need a higher dose. 80ish mg of vyvanse would be best. Don't take more because it takes like an hour to kick in. As for the route of administration, take it orally in the pill, don't parachute it. It will make it last the longest. I hope this works out for you, please be safe.

Using powerful stimulants for weight loss isn't sound advice and everybody knows it. It's been decades since drugs like the Amphetamines have been legitimately prescribed for this purpose and for a reason.

Using powerful stimulants for weight loss isn't sound advice and everybody knows it. It's been decades since drugs like the Amphetamines have been legitimately prescribed for this purpose and for a reason.
Not necessarily, there are some rare, specific cases they are prescribed for. If you gain a very large amount of weight from taking a medication, then stop the medication, amphetamines can be prescribed to get you back to a healthy weight, since you'll maintain it without the med that made you gain it. Also, if your weight is at the point where it can kill you in a very short amount of time (like a month or less), doctors are allowed to prescribe desoxyn (methamphetamine) until you loose enough weight that your life is not in immediate danger.

It's just not a wise decision OP. I know it's the American way to want things fast, easy and for cheap, but if you actually care about reducing your weight in a meaningful and relatively permanent way, you are going to need to put the work in. Sadly, the most effective means of losing weight entails eating a healthy diet and exercising regularly. Believe me, Doctor Oz has built a pretty nice little empire for himself for, among other things, providing people with fanciful means of reducing their weight, how old they look and so on without actually having to do any real work for it.

Stimulants, especially when you are prescribing them to yourself are simply not a viable, permanent solution to your weight-woes.

In response to Nancy's rebuttal, full-strength stimulants are prescribed for weight loss purposes when the alternative would be heart failure, diabetic coma or otherwise, death. These drugs are not to be used by chicks who are looking to fit into last year's jeans.

Have you seen Jim Carry's "Jimmy Tango's Fat Busters" on Saturday Night Live? It's a methamphetamine weight loss program spoof.

it'll work but then you'll just put it all back on as soon as you stop taking the speed.

Hey meth "helped" me lose 15 (7kg) pounds in a month. Of course, I'm too weak to do all that cleaning they say you do on meth, and it came off my arms and shoulders making them even bonier, and left this deflated-tire thing around my waist, with these kind of wrinkles that I don't quite understand. Ancient stretch marks from the gain over a decade ago?

I mean, I wasn't quite a model, ever, or even vaguely photogenic, but it's not a good look--definitely more of a terminal-illness look. I could tell (as a diabetic, afraid to actually use the meter) from my pee that despite losing weight, when I ate my sugar was sky high, and I was blasting ketones through my blood, not the best thing for health or mental function.

Before that I did lose ALL of the 80 (36kg) pounds I'd gained after my quasi-marriage, and another ten from before. It just took seven years.

(I'd add a stone measure if I knew what the hell that was, UK weirdos)

Last edited:
How much weight do you have to lose? I know it seems like the perfect solution as its something you enjoy doing also.

How long have you been using speed for? I saw you wrote a trip
report just a couple of weeks ago?

You said yourself its a bad idea. 100% correct. This is an issue VERY close to my heart. When I found speed at a young age I thought it was THE ANSWER to EVERYTHING. I had always suffered eating disorders, I was shy and unsure, it took away all of that. Until it didn't. I could write an essay on my experience but won't bore you with the details but 25 years later I'm still fighting addiction and every single other issue I ever had - except for the fact I am not overweight as I eat properly and exercise (never 'diet.')

How often do you plan to use it and what are you going to do in between?

Are you exercising and eating well?

How long will you do this for? How will you maintain your weight?

Amphetamine comedowns are the worst, and get progressively worse the more/longer you use, big red flag if you're a comfort eater?. I started using heroin and injecting temazepam to comedown from meth.

You WILL lose weight with daily use, absolutely. Daily use will mean you're an addict. You WILL gain the weight back IF and when you stop. It's a quick fix and carries a lot more problems than it fixes.

I can't answer your question re dosage, I just couldn't not respond to this as it had such a profound effect on my life.

If you don't teach yourself the self control and discipline and get yourself into good eating habits, it's going to be so tempting to run back to 'the easy way' every time.

Last edited:
Phentermine. Shit will peel the weight off of you but as others have said as soon as you stop taking it the weight will come back on plus some. There are many many negative side effects as well (google phen rage).

The best advice given in this thread was to do it the hard way. Diet and exercise. You will appreciate the weight loss more and you will try harder to keep it off.

My 2 cents.

if you haven't already i suggest you watch requiem for a dream
whilst the main narrative is about the ravages of heroin addiction there's an interesting side-plot wherein the mother of one of the main characters users mail-order amphetamine-based slimming pills in order to be able to fir into her wedding dress (she's like 70-80).
i don't wanna spoil it for anyone butttttttt its not a happy ending

Requiem for a Dream is really a commentary on consumerism in the US: consider the pawn shop cycle of stealing and rebuying nan's TV over and over, yet the firm durability of a foreign-manufactured double-ended shiny black dildo.

Whatever, I know you're all ignoring me for a big update!
Dropped below 140 lbs the other day, 63.6 kilos, less than I graduated high school, at 5'8" aka 171cm, despite eating everything. And I still have love handles.
And I see these boney shoulders and realize it took all the lean mass, what little I had to start. So there'll be nothing stopping the weight doubling back on. I will post pics if you dare suggest I'm making this shit up to scold OP, except I don't have a good "before" pic. It's actually kind of scary to see that loss, about 12% of my body weight. Last time was after a lengthy hospital stay.