• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction (Social) OD Social v7. ~ I'm a Horse With No Race (Look at my Face)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going alright, Just took a little walk around my block with my girl, blazing jays walking down the middle of the road, no shoes, no shirt, no respect.

Clonazepam is weak IMO. Which benzodiazepines have you already tried? And which hypnotics are you thinking about tentatively?

Triazolam would be perfect of I could take it with a low dose of a long half-life benzo, just so I don't wake up a ton of times during the night. I was thinking Chlorodiazapoxide, chlorazepate, oxazepam, nordazepam, and of course diazepam again. Those are all going to metabolize to diazepam for the most part I believe. Quazepam seems promising as well. I just don't know how to bring up an esoteric benzo, that will make it seem like I have distinct drug seeking behavior. Maybe a barbiturate with an intermediate action would help better than benzos?
I've been on temazepam, lorazepam, clonazepam, triazolam, alprazolam(IR and XR) diazepam, and Ive gone through about 5 g's of phenazepam all together, unprescribed. My doc initially tried anti-psychotics but they gave me EPS.
I would like to withdraw, but I cant do it with clonazepam. Especially since the wd's bring my pain level up substantially.

Don't even think about barbiturates, the chances of you getting prescribed them anyways is slim to none, and even if you did I think it would be a horrible treatment option.

Yeah you should totally try to quit being dependent on benzodiazepines, that's the worst shit ever. I've been there and trust me, I learned more about how to cope with anxiety and panic in the year after quitting benzodiazepines, where I completely abstained for most of a year, undergoing horrible benzo PAWS, but it felt great being clean... but then my psych conditions became debilitating again, now I take them occasionally as needed, but often in doses much less than my prescribed dose, and nowhere close to daily or anything near dependent.

For insomnia, I use triazolam and temazepam, both are extremely effective and IMO, are appropriate in different situations and for different types of insomnia. Most of the time, temazepam is preferred. If I only have a limited time to sleep then triazolam works like a charm, so long as you don't take it daily.

^ I could actually get barbs scripted fairly easily, as I have had them in the past for migraines. The fiorecet formulation has too much caffeine for me though. I just can't take anti-psychotics or any of the z drugs.
I would love to be off GABAergics completely, but my insomnia is still uncontrolled. Anxiety is really a secondary issue, ive done psychoanalysis with my psychiatrist and talk therapy with a psychologist. The therapy helped me as much as I think it could, and now my anxiety is bare able unless I am in wd.
The problem with my insomnia, is that it has been prominent since I was 12 or so, and no treatment has been effective yet. Multiple sleep studies etc and they still have no idea why I toss and turn, and wake up so frequently.

think im going through my first WD ever from anything. did dope and roxis for only 4-5 days in a row.

- want to sleep all the time
- mussels sore a little
- kinda shitty mood
- kinda fucked up stomach
- slight insomnia

none of which which are to bad ,but bad enough for me to not wanna use multiple days in a row like that.

That was mostly yesterday and early this morning though. I had no buds which made it even worse. After I finally smoked today I feel near 100%.

^ErgicMergic? you keep randomly popping your head in different parts of BL occasionally lol where have you been

And so it begins...

haha nawww. Ive ben chipping for a while now. weekends only. I just did that cause it was the last few days before school started. Not ganna do any this weekend.

Seen to many close friends go down that road. I know Im playing with fire by using even that often.

if you keep chipping, you ARE going to get stuck, i promise. you're IVing heroin. You will get addicted I promise you, regardless of whether you've seen people go there, it won't matter. please keep that in mind. you're not playing with fire, you're standing in the middle of the fire, letting it burn you.

anyway, I'm very excited, cause tonight, I'm gonna get some coke, which i haven't done in fucking AGES. I'm gonna stuff my nose with it and it's gonna taste great and feel great and BE GREAT.

^ well then I hope you have a great night. I'm er outs about my psych visit and class until 9 :|

^ I could actually get barbs scripted fairly easily, as I have had them in the past for migraines. The fiorecet formulation has too much caffeine for me though. I just can't take anti-psychotics or any of the z drugs.
I would love to be off GABAergics completely, but my insomnia is still uncontrolled. Anxiety is really a secondary issue, ive done psychoanalysis with my psychiatrist and talk therapy with a psychologist. The therapy helped me as much as I think it could, and now my anxiety is bare able unless I am in wd.
The problem with my insomnia, is that it has been prominent since I was 12 or so, and no treatment has been effective yet. Multiple sleep studies etc and they still have no idea why I toss and turn, and wake up so frequently.

Fiorecet hardly counts, butalbital is weak. I'm sorry to hear about your insomnia, what are you currently doing to help yourself sleep? Other than sleep medication.

Like I said in my post, the problem isn't getting the RX, it's how bad barbiturates are for you in the long-term, it's a nasty class of medication to be dependent on, which is why I can't in good faith recommend it to you.

You said your anxiety is bearable until you're in withdrawal, which is the same thing as being dependent, it's a shitty thing that gets in the way from you making substantial progress. It's much better to take medication for anxiety when you really need it, rather than because you have to take it for rebound anxiety or you'll go through withdrawal too with messed up GABA, which is detrimental for anxiety.

Howdy OD!

Tri- I went to the doc today and got scripted chlorazepate and doxipin. I've never used either so I'm hoping for the best. Usually I try to remove myself from my bedroom and read something light or do just enough activity to make myself tired. During the day I do my PT excercises and try to have as healthy a diet as possible to help with my pain and insomnia. When I was still able to hit weights everyday I would get a little bit of relief, but as you know, insomnia is a rather unreasonable beast.
I know what you mean about the anxiety, it saddens me to think that many of my problems are really just rebound effects from medication. I'm still trying to taper so hopefully I'll know a little more about te true nature of my anxiety. Its just been a few days of school and I can tell my social anxiety is worse than when I started my taper. I get very subconscious about my EPS, I have facial ticks and I shake, and that has definitely added to my anxiety. I just never noticed it before now bc I was so heavily medicated.

Anyone have experience with Chlorazepate or Doxipin?

Last edited:
^ErgicMergic? you keep randomly popping your head in different parts of BL occasionally lol where have you been

Dealing with some serious personal shit, then my laptop's motherboard crapped out so I said fuck it and lived most of this summer without a computer or the internet. It's amazing how much of our current thought processes are dependent on our ability to access information at our fingertips... I found that I became much more focused in my discussions,and felt more connected to humanity without the internet.

I look back on it as on my worst summers ever, repeatedly traumatic, but I feel like I am learning more about myself the more I... well... learn about myself. ;)

Shreddedlettuce said:
^ yeah, glad to see you back.

Hey, thanks lettuce :)

Last edited:
Howdy OD!

Tri- I went to the doc today and got scripted chlorazepate and doxipin. I've never used either so I'm hoping for the best. Usually I try to remove myself from my bedroom and read something light or do just enough activity to make myself tired. During the day I do my PT excercises and try to have as healthy a diet as possible to help with my pain and insomnia. When I was still able to hit weights everyday I would get a little bit of relief, but as you know, insomnia is a rather unreasonable beast.
I know what you mean about the anxiety, it saddens me to think that many of my problems are really just rebound effects from medication. I'm still trying to taper so hopefully I'll know a little more about te true nature of my anxiety. Its just been a few days of school and I can tell my social anxiety is worse than when I started my taper. I get very subconscious about my EPS, I have facial ticks and I shake, and that has definitely added to my anxiety. I just never noticed it before now bc I was so heavily medicated.

Anyone have experience with Chlorazepate or Doxipin?

Yeah man insomnia is absolutely relentless, it's agonizing physically and mentally. To tire yourself out, have you tried hydro therapy? You can get a great work out in the water, the weightless feeling is great for some kinds of pain, it helps my back.

You are a chronic pain patient right? I've never really asked...
I've done hydrotherapy but it's more expensive that the outpatient PT I do 3 times a week. I try to tire myself out with my excercises and upper body strengthening. I can't do much cardio bc my pain is in my knees.

What do you think of the Chlorazepate and Doxipin? Remember, I'm still trying to taper.

You are a chronic pain patient right?

What do you think of the Chlorazepate and Doxipin? Remember, I'm still trying to taper.

Yes.

No, I haven't been on either of those medications. Heard mixed reports about chlorazepate.

Last edited:
I've used clorazepate as a muscle relaxant and found it very useful. It's not as recreational as most benzos but shares their essential effects and should be very useful for your purposes.

finished my opium binge. I had some shitty coke on top of the opium at one point, but it was really shitty, like the worst coke i've ever had. the opium was the best though, especially with all the hash and blueberry haze.

Status
Not open for further replies.