• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Sober Living Social Thread

Such beautiful souls in here. It never fails to warm my heart but just a little every time I visit.

Keep it up and keep smiling :)

Whats up SJ, glad to see you are doing well. I am two weeks off my pain meds but still prescribed the Klonopin, but hey one thing at a time right.

Can't keep us grunts down lol
I'm doing great. Finally into counciling for the shell shock lol. It's going better then I expected but I gave it a chance this time and have my best friend/battle buddy staying with me
Awesome job on the opiates man!!:)
The clonazepam might've something we both still need. I'm down to .5 mg in the morning and 1 mg at night. I'm staying at this dose for a bit though

Congrats CH. hell of a job man. You're an inspiration. Keep it goin my man!

Haloween is my favorite. Great weather, great classic horror films, and candy!!! This year will be enhanced bc I will be with my kids which means trick or treating. When I first met my ex and stepson he was 2 and he was blue from blues clues. Now he's 13 and too old to dress up. My God where does the time go? Still got my daughter. She just wants the candy. About 2 years ago she was here for Haloween and she was a vampire and she wore these high heels and I told her to bring sneakers but she refused and walked around to all the houses with those things on. She paid the next day with blisters but she was a trooper. Anyway, i agree, fall/winter is the best. No screeching hot weather. It's humid here in NC. Drives the index up thru the roof. Just walking from the car to the store is a killer. My dad is 69 and plays golf 4 times a week. Crazy but impressive. I hope I inherited some of that stamina. I inherited all the bad shit, might as well get the good shit too. I love fall golf too. Perfect golfing weather. No sweating. Bye bye summer!!!

Four more days of meds.

Summer is okay. Just been very sick for it. I am looking forward to fall so I can start my winter vegetable garden. Winter is the real growing season in florida.

That is fucking awesome! Are you gonna do anything to celebrate, or are you gonna save that for when you are feeling a bit better? How is your brother doing?

I'm going to celebrate after I feel better. I think I want to have my girl and I cook dinner for my family...I love dinner parties.

My bro is alright. He stopped smoking pot so he can find a decent job.

I'm going to celebrate after I feel better. I think I want to have my girl and I cook dinner for my family...I love dinner parties.

My bro is alright. He stopped smoking pot so he can find a decent job.

Nice! I wish I could go. Your dinner parties must be the bomb! :)

Ditto! =D I just wanna cook with the guy sometime. I bet that would be even more fun! Hell, I'd even play waiter and wash the dishes just for the opportunity ;)

Take food photos! I would love to go to culinary school, I just don't think I could handle the stress of being a chef, my OCD doesn't do well with unexpected events and time constraints. The deadlines I faced with software development just about broke me.

Take food photos! I would love to go to culinary school, I just don't think I could handle the stress of being a chef, my OCD doesn't do well with unexpected events and time constraints. The deadlines I faced with software development just about broke me.

I have some food photos, just too busy to post 'em at the moment

Hi,
Just checking in. Being bit of a introvert lately due my selfhatred for my another (bad) relapse. Going to start ORT next week and here it is done inpatient until the dose is right so I might be off the site again but I'll try to be active before I go there (starting tomorrow, today I am too tired and in a bad mood because a tree fell on top of my car).

30mv8s8.jpg

Keep your head up MrRoot! You'll get there :)

p.s. Poor car! That sucks man, I'm sorry!

Yeah that's definitely too bad MR. But hey, relapsing iso part of addict life I suppose :) definitely nothing to beat yourself up over.

As for me, nothing of particular note has been happening lately in the life of Burnt Offerings. Just busy with work and trying to make plans for my future.

Trying to make plans for the future can be exhausting eh Burnt Offerings? I'm doing that and it's stressing me out. I'm moving to Cheyenne, Wyoming in a couple of months and trying to line up Drs and a place to live 1700 miles away is nerve racking. I'm used to plenty of healthcare here where I live but there ain't shit there. I'm getting in housing there cause I'm on disability so funds are low. Looks like I'll be in a hotel till I sign papers and get get a key. Plus I have a cat, lol. It's all worth it for my kids. Just wanna get settled there and get Drs. Don't wanna run out of Meds. I'm on 13 Meds and need at least 4 different Drs. Like I said once I'm in my place and have my kids there ityll be worth it totally. But for now I might add ulcer to my medical report.

It's funny how since my last drink I haven't had an urge to drink and even thru this stress the urge is gone. I used to obsess about drinking 24/7 and now it's just gone. I've been brainwashed into thinking I'm an alcoholic and that urge can come back at anytime. I personally don't believe that. If you quit smoking they don't call you a smoker anymore. So why should I be an alcoholic? I'm not drinking. I have a lot of living amend to do in WY and I'm ready to get started. Life is so much easier without the bottle. Now I gotta make things right with my son and continue to make things right with my ex. We were engaged and I fucked that up drunk but you never know. She's been really cool and forgave me for my horrible treatment of her. Life is surely a roller coaster. Right now I'm stressing about a court case. I tapped this guy in the car and cops came and swore I was on something. They knew I wasn't drunk but they thought whatever so they gave me tests and everything was cool then they dragged me to ER for blood work. Fucking wittchhunt. Anyway they wrote me a ticket for DUI but didn't arrest me or take my license. I didn't want them burning me so I got a lawyer. He's taking care of it but that's money I really don't have. Still don't wanna drink. Ever since I woke up from surgery last year when they removed my colon I have not wanted a drink. I keep saying that cause if there's anyone who reads this I want them to know the obsession can go away. It is possible. Keep your head up and keep trying to get sober and it will happen. Took me 10 yrs of trying but it happened. Hope everyone is well and sorry for the book I just wrote. Peace!!

Hi,
Just checking in. Being bit of a introvert lately due my selfhatred for my another (bad) relapse. Going to start ORT next week and here it is done inpatient until the dose is right so I might be off the site again but I'll try to be active before I go there (starting tomorrow, today I am too tired and in a bad mood because a tree fell on top of my car).

30mv8s8.jpg

I'm sorry to hear about you current misfortunes. I hope you are proud of yourself for how you are handling everything though- it takes great strength and determination to continue to persue recovery as you have been doing of late. I know you will succeed! I've missed you on the site, but do appreciate the update. Please continue to let us know how your doing when possible. Take care of yourself and best wishes!