• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Sober Living Social Thread

I went to the woods yesterday and tried to find berries and edible mushrooms, but didn't find much, except a few little red russulas. Got to go to a better picking place tomorrow... Going to a forest to pick berries and stuff isn't really something that you'd do during active addiction to alcohol or drugs.

Nice, I so wish I could join you. It sounds like a lot of fun! Two of my favorite things, the forest and magical mushrooms :)

I picked up some berries too today but just from my garden instead of going to forest and made some redcurrant and blackcurrant juice. Had to second that this isn't something you do during active (full blown) addiction as I haven't done this for few years.

While the juice was boiling I had some time to do a conversion for my Deathwatch army.

m2fyp.jpg

Watch Master armed with a boltgun and xenophase blade. Looking forward for painting this as soon as the new paints I ordered come through mail.

I am losing count on how many Warhammer 40 000 armies I currently have build and as some of the new Deathwatch figures was sold in a bundle of those and another army I have yet another army to start...

Nice, I so wish I could join you. It sounds like a lot of fun! Two of my favorite things, the forest and magical mushrooms

We eat even false morels here, even though they are considered too toxic to eat in most countries, including USA. They have to be broken to small pieces and kept in a large amount of boiling water for a while. The water dissolves the poison and is thrown out.

myc_pois_gyro.jpg

The Sami people of Lapland also used fly agarics as an entheogen hundreds of years ago.

I wish I would have knowledge on mushrooms but I have always feared of picking wrong ones or preparing them incorrectly and dying :)

I do although enjoy mushrooms when eating them along people who know what they are doing.

There are a lot of amanita muscaria mushrooms ("fly agaric") that grow wild in the forests around where I live. The caps are blood red with white spots, pretty much identical in appearance to "super Mario mushrooms", ha. Supposedly they are psychoactive but I've never mustered up the courage to eat them...if they were psilocybin mushrooms I'd eat them in a heartbeat, but my understanding is that the high from AMs is very different from the high of psilocybin and the stuff I've read online about it is pretty vague.

I have a massive raspberry patch in back of my house too. It's legit ;)

There are a lot of amanita muscaria mushrooms ("fly agaric") that grow wild in the forests around where I live. The caps are blood red with white spots, pretty much identical in appearance to "super Mario mushrooms", ha. Supposedly they are psychoactive but I've never mustered up the courage to eat them...if they were psilocybin mushrooms I'd eat them in a heartbeat, but my understanding is that the high from AMs is very different from the high of psilocybin and the stuff I've read online about it is pretty vague.

I have a massive raspberry patch in back of my house too. It's legit ;)

I have tried them. I don't know if anyone else would particularly enjoy them, though I did.

A friend of mine read this thread and gave me some shrooms :)
Thank you!

s46h3n.jpg

If the weather is good and I am not yet at the inpatient I'll organize bbq party at the weekend and made something out of these so I can pay it forward.

It is a blessing to have such a good friends around IRL as well as all these wonderful people I know only through Bluelight.

If the weather is good and I am not yet at the inpatient I'll organize bbq party at the weekend and made something out of these so I can pay it forward.

It is a blessing to have such a good friends around IRL as well as all these wonderful people I know only through Bluelight.

too bad I'm not in the neighborhood! I love bbq :D

Y'all are so lucky having mushrooms around your houses. Dam. I ain't got crap except pollution and snakes. Copperheads here. If I found some shrooms I would be very happy. Been awhile since I had some. Actually the dresser my tv sits on is myblandladys and her son was up here with me one night and said he grew some shrooms in that very dresser in that very drawer. I don't put my clothes in there cause it stinks. Now I know why, lol. And fresh rasberrys are the best thing ever. Put them in the blender with some French vanilla ice cream and sugar. Awe man!! Tasty. I can't wash them cause I eat them all. Good times in this thread:)

Surely someone wants to stop in and chat? :)
Hey Captain:). Throughout the past few years I was always "creeping around" on this site and your name would always appear somewhere with amazing love and support.

I just wanted to say "hi" and I've been clean now for a little over 2 weeks (oxycodone primarily, with some methadone added in also)....now though, it's just trying to figure out how to cope with the PAWS I'm having.

I won't elaborate on here since I have my own thread begun. It's just kicking my butt bad but I'm adamant about not giving up.

Anyway, I hope you and everyone else on this great site has a pleasant, peaceful day.
Much love,
NOT so pretty while taking pink pills

CH, your welcome to my bbq parties whenever you decide to visit Finland :)

---

It is 11:30 PM here and I am actually tired and love this feeling when it is because you've achieved something in the day.

I bought a car and spend quite a lot time with it today. Technics are great for the age and it only has some flaws because a young guy had started doing projects on it he couldn't finish well.

NSFW:
3585ksx.jpg

I should be fixing that old sauna's roof too someday but there is no hurry as I use it as my workshop now.

Y'all are so lucky having mushrooms around your houses. Dam. I ain't got crap except pollution and snakes. Copperheads here. If I found some shrooms I would be very happy. Been awhile since I had some. Actually the dresser my tv sits on is myblandladys and her son was up here with me one night and said he grew some shrooms in that very dresser in that very drawer. I don't put my clothes in there cause it stinks. Now I know why, lol. And fresh rasberrys are the best thing ever. Put them in the blender with some French vanilla ice cream and sugar. Awe man!! Tasty. I can't wash them cause I eat them all. Good times in this thread:)

Perhaps I'll post some pics later. Took some good pictures recently, a couple photos of some brown bears that frequent this area and some others.

I've been pretty miserable lately, though. I'm tired of seeing the same 3 faces since mid-May, need a change...my work ends around mid-September, which isn't that far away, but I still count the days. My anxiety came back unexpectedly with a vengeance in the past couple weeks...I've resorted to taking 5 mgs diazepam/night (via an Rx I have) which helps somewhat...have to take them at night, though, as I dislike the sedation that comes from diazepam & it works somewhat well as a sleeping pill. Somehow it feels like I'm cheating on my sobriety even though it's an entirely legal prescription for (what I believe) is a legitimate "mood disorder"...never had any particular inclination to abuse benzodiazepines anyway.

It feels like one massive, sustained panic attack. The fear is based upon something which I consider to be rational (the state of my physical health, which is compromised) so I find it especially difficult to beat.

With all that being said, I've been completely sober from opiates for about 3 months now. (except for a bit of kratom back in July, if you care to count that...)