• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Sober Living Social Thread

Oh yeah, whereabouts. You can message me if yu don't wanna post. It's a beautiful state ruinef by jacasses.enjuy

It seems most red states are that way. It is the same in florida. I do like north caroline. Used to go with my family every year to rent a beach house there. The ocean is awesome there. I am not an ocean person and I still liked it.

Really? It isn't too bad in Pasadena today. What temp is it in your neck of the woods?

Lame, though if you have a car there is always car camping. Like finding a good beach somewhere with fire pits and spend the night on the beach until bedtime, then tail it back to the car. I'd rather sleep on the beach myself, but you get the idea.

Probably got laws against that though, but then again I might [hypothetically]have [theoretically] broken one or two of those back in the day %)

There are some killer camping grounds and beaches in Ventura County. I'd look into something up there, like in the Port Hueneme and slightly more north towards and including Carpinteria for something cool for the 4th. Any chance you wanna take me with you? But if you do we have to elope together, get married and sail off into the sunset together, okay? ;)

Hi all!

Had a relapse and went to a inpatient rehab to a facility which is under supervision of local university hospital. I had heard horror stories about inpatient rehabs and I was very pleased to see that this place was not one of those places.

It was a nice place with nine beds and food was absolutely awesome considering it is a hospital. It took some time to get used to closed exit doors but after a day I get used to it. We had always three nurses supervising and supporting us and a doctor half of the day. Each day we had a one hour conversation with a nurse and each week two conversations with either shrink or doctor depending our needs.

I went through a suboxone rehab in which the maximum dose was 6mg and it decreased by 1mg every two days. It was quite comfortable and I didn't have any physiological withdrawals. My birthday was yesterday and my brother had arranged a party with a popular Finnish band performing so I wanted to get out after being without suboxone for three days.

Looking forward trying to live without drugs again. I have some pain which is now controlled by Neurontin which was started on rehab. I also have a interval rehab on fall and if I have started using again we'll start replacement therapy with suboxone then.

Hi all!

Had a relapse and went to a inpatient rehab to a facility which is under supervision of local university hospital. I had heard horror stories about inpatient rehabs and I was very pleased to see that this place was not one of those places.

It was a nice place with nine beds and food was absolutely awesome considering it is a hospital. It took some time to get used to closed exit doors but after a day I get used to it. We had always three nurses supervising and supporting us and a doctor half of the day. Each day we had a one hour conversation with a nurse and each week two conversations with either shrink or doctor depending our needs.

I went through a suboxone rehab in which the maximum dose was 6mg and it decreased by 1mg every two days. It was quite comfortable and I didn't have any physiological withdrawals. My birthday was yesterday and my brother had arranged a party with a popular Finnish band performing so I wanted to get out after being without suboxone for three days.

Looking forward trying to live without drugs again. I have some pain which is now controlled by Neurontin which was started on rehab. I also have a interval rehab on fall and if I have started using again we'll start replacement therapy with suboxone then.

Congrats MrRoot! Glad you're doing well.
Inpatient isn't all that bad, I actually enjoy them, I may be institutionalized thought, lol.
Keep up the good work, take it one day at a time my friend.

I was worried cos I haven't heard from you in a while MrRoot, and unfortunately the way my mind works is I always think of the worst case scenario...I thought maybe you had an OD....but instead you have been doing well....that is a huge bonus for me because I appreciate the hell out of you.

Hey do you have any more pictures of the warhammer figurines? I always liked those, and those are the best I have seen.

Glad to hear youre back on track and doing well my handsome friend!That treatment facility sounds top notch, a perfect example of why I always tell people to try and get treatment through hospitals or university programs instead of religious or private places. Happy to have you back MrRoot :) <3

Good job Mr Root. Sounds like a nice place especially conversations with the nurses and dr. That's important in a place like that. We had no dr and if you had actual medical prob they'd ship you to Drs office in town. Just do out here what you did in there and you'll bev fine. Grand luck to ya man

I was a heroin addict and was in a methadone clinic.... Eventually I just got sick of seeing all the dread at methadone clinic, and decided to go to rehab.

Rehab was a bit of an adjustment , but in time I came to love it. There is a bit of phoniness you have to get adjusted to , but its all for the best and leads to a lot of REAL change... Group therapy helped me a lot , as did AA. I made some of the best friends in my life in that place and even met some girls for which I got processed for being "too close" with....

when I got out of rehab I went and partied one night and did a line of molly and smoked some weed and later that night I felt so guilty I broke down and prayed to god for forgiveness. I knew I was falling right back into my old ways far too soon. I've been taking kratom daily and I know that's a mistake as well, its just very difficult to say no to when its so available.

I would recommend rehab to anyone who really really wants to change. The name of the place I went to "Alpine Recovery Lodge" in alpine Utah (no its not the one lindsy lohan went to, but its just as good) you can get obamacare to cover it as well.

I was a heroin addict and was in a methadone clinic.... Eventually I just got sick of seeing all the dread at methadone clinic, and decided to go to rehab.

Rehab was a bit of an adjustment , but in time I came to love it. There is a bit of phoniness you have to get adjusted to , but its all for the best and leads to a lot of REAL change... Group therapy helped me a lot , as did AA. I made some of the best friends in my life in that place and even met some girls for which I got processed for being "too close" with....

when I got out of rehab I went and partied one night and did a line of molly and smoked some weed and later that night I felt so guilty I broke down and prayed to god for forgiveness. I knew I was falling right back into my old ways far too soon. I've been taking kratom daily and I know that's a mistake as well, its just very difficult to say no to when its so available.

I would recommend rehab to anyone who really really wants to change. The name of the place I went to "Alpine Recovery Lodge" in alpine Utah (no its not the one lindsy lohan went to, but its just as good) you can get obamacare to cover it as well.

I feel your pain my friend, I was a daily Kratom user myself and it just spiraled out of control.
I was dosing 10 grams every 5 hours, or I would start withdrawaling.
I would suggest to try and taper.
I have also been on methadone and the withdrawals were hell, so I know how you're feeling.
Much love to you my friend.

Good job motiv311. I'm glad you had a good experience. Mine was privately owned and in the mountains. I think it all comes down to who's running these places. My first time was great. Good house. No bickering and there's a river out back where you can sit on a rock and truly be. The directors door was always open to questions about the program or whatever. Second time complete opposite. The director of the woman's division came over and fired my guy cause he didn't have enough letters behind his name. She was never there and the 2 staff had 3 months sober. It was so horrible I left early. But sounds like you found a good place. Don't worry about that night. Your soul was in the right place. Those things are just actions. As long as they don't turn into habit you're fine but you know that. I don't think Kratoms all that bad at low doses. It's medicinal. You go to enough meetings and shit you'll stop that. That was hardest for me. Breaking the seal on my first meeting at home. My family was with me so they were pressing hard and I explained to them I have to go on my time. You can suggest meetings all day but I ain't gonna go til I'm ready and I did and found a sponsor, or, he found me, lol. I've heard some people are told to keep wuiet first 90 days but you couldn't shut me up. How can people know where your at if your quiet. I just keep it short and to the point. I go very rarely now. Got burned out but that's ok. I'm sober and feels good. Like I said, good job and keep it up. H is the hardest one to kick so kudos to you for getting clean off that shit

That's sounds like First Of Blue ridge. To answer your earlier question Closeau. I'm staying in Greenville. I was in Raleigh before that :)

Oh cool. Somebody close on a world forum. I'm in Durham. Had some wild times in Greenville. Raleigh sucks but not as much as Durham. It's one big ghetto. I can't wait to move to Wyoming end of the year. That's where my daughter lives. Anyway, get at me sometime. Us NC boys gotta stick together. Later

damn it seems like when you get sober is when you start to see all your other problems.... I hate cleaning my house, I'm getting fat, I watch to much TV and I fantasize about drugs multiple times a day.... I know I shouldn't , but its taking everything I have in me to keep from calling the doctor and ordering up some Adderall and klonopin scripts. . .

That's gonna be around a long time my friend. Cravings and shit. Just come up with a cool tech to deal with them. Part of the deal. You make me feel bad. I have both those Meds in my cabinet but they're needed. Anyway, fight that those cravings man. Good luck to you

damn it seems like when you get sober is when you start to see all your other problems.... I hate cleaning my house, I'm getting fat, I watch to much TV and I fantasize about drugs multiple times a day.... I know I shouldn't , but its taking everything I have in me to keep from calling the doctor and ordering up some Adderall and klonopin scripts. . .

You definitely have to keep up with exercise, hobbies, etc.