Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

So Who Likes Benzos? Ver III: Blackouts and Amnesia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only tried xanax and the handful of times that I did it it was with weed.

.5 knocked me out really quick, .25 got me really stoned and I was actually able to enjoy it. :)

<Drools at the thought of 0.25mg Alprazolam doing anything at all..............

I've never tried xanax by itself so I don't know how that .25 would be without the weed.

I need 8-10mg to feel anything and im not a heavy user anymore. They are weird, Benzo's in general.

But for some like a good mate of mine, we become super active and bounce off the walls, clean the house, kitchen, chuck tunes on and sometimes even end up hitting up Revolver or other recovery clubs. Some INTERESTING memories remain from those days...

I find valium the most enjoyable of all benzos and until lately I like a few other bler's didn't find benzos at all recreational until i started getting on reasonably regular speed and meth binges. I never stay up overnight as I often use at work and to be honest I really don't enjoy staying awake more than 18-24 hours. I just get really edgy and sick, that's why I love vallies, I like to pop a couple during the day to take the edge off then pop a Xanax for bedtime, until lately when I've been getting a wee bit out of hand 2mg of Xanax knocks me out in the most euphoric of ways. I like to pop the xanax just as i get into bed and then enjoy 15-20 min of benzo euphoria before I conk out. But on a Saturday night I like to pop 20-30 mg of valium when I feel I'm starting to see the end of the night and that is the definition of benzo enjoyment for me. I'm completely over alcohol, I was a regular drinker for years but since coming from a heroin to a methadone addiction I've completely gone off it, when I party which is rarely now I like a nice mix of methadone, speed and Valium and if at all possible k as well, a few bumps of k on amp and then a bigger line as I hop into bed is pretty god damn perfect. Jesus I've really ranted on, sorry guys.. I guess it's time for a Xanax and a cool fan on my feet in bed.

i take 5-15mg of diazepam every now and then to mellow out. what kind of dosages cause blackouts/addiction?

That's not a question with a defined answer... how long is a piece of string, and all that. :)

I couldn't even tell you at what doses Xanax started making me blackout because literally my memory of that time has a big gap in it. Last thing I remember I was taking 16mg a day, then all of a sudden I'm living with my parents and about to enter into a detox. :\

Not everyone abuses benzos when they are prescribed.

My GF's normal doctor prescribed her one pack of 0.25 which lasted three months she went back for another pack just in case (Sever anxiety attacks) and he refused.

Had to go to another doctor, she told the next doctor about the previous doctor and the next Dr was understanding of the situation.

Personally if I have a bottle of bars in my hand I gamble heaps and do heaps of silly shit, my favorite benzo is bromazapam <3

4mg-6mg of Xanax is a maybe blackout dose for me (my tolerance isn't too much higher than it originally was maybe 1-1.5mg more) 6mg+ is definite blackout territory.

I've never had a blackout with diaz so I can't really help there. I have never taken more than 25mg at once and that still does me nicely these days.

6mg is not black out territory for everyone though.

I'd be around 30-40mg's before I blacked out.

With his tolerance it would probably be somewhere around 6mg give or take a few mg. A blackout isn't always guaranteed

Thanks for all the awesome replies, i especially
love reading about people who take benzos as prescribed
like me, 3 xanax a day keeps me so cool and chilled at
work and let's me live happily, and at night 1 10mg temazepam
has me on my feet asleep, i only use as prescribed.

To the guy that said about bromazepam, i've never ever
even tried it! It's one of those rarer benzos, hopefully
oneday i will, if the doctor recommends it to me. Until then.

Peace peeps.

Fucking score, second time this year I have went and filled 25 count valium and been given 50! Was a completely different pharmacy today too, not even the same chain. I was getting real low on benzo's too, this made my day. :D

Yeah fuck I hate benzodiazepine tolerance. I'm tapering with clonazepam now and then am going to take a big break to get it down again. Perhaps maybe do a little experiment with diazepam to see where my tolerance is sitting.

Mr. Blonde,

This is the standard way to taper off. If you want to taper you need to do it on a consistent basis for 6-12 months. Esp. at the levels you are all quoting. I was a mess on Alprazolam and tapered for about a year before getting it back in check. I guess this thread is so popular because no one really wants to quit. I'm 'prescribed' 4mg of clonazepam, but still I find time for the 'others' we talk about here. The thing is, they are so easy to come by and very affordable, and on top of all that, they are almost necessary for opiates. They only time they suck is when you have serious anxiety and then they do the exact opposite of what they were meant for and they become like a needle. Need it, freak out, take it , freak out, need it...repeat ad nauseum. Seems like this thread is going in circles.

^ Ha, old post there... I did quite a quick taper it was not very smooth at all, my essential tremor got really bad and the rebound anxiety was awful; I needed a couple of weeks after the taper to recover enough to think about going to work.

I do rate bromazepam and it was my favourite for a while after I first got prescribed it, I tend to find all benzo's are much more enjoyable when you are relatively new to using them but after a period of use they become less distinguishable in effects. Nowadays since abusing it a little bit bromazepam is probably my 3rd or 4th favourite benzo, depending what I am using it for.

^^ ha yeh another benzo thread but an 'appreciate' one.

Well I can't lie my fav is I HEART FUCKIN XANAX BARS.. strong quick effects, valiies next for a calmer comedown and longer chilled duration.

I needed about 3 months to feel 'normal' after my last benzo after getting badly dependant. Benzo withdrawal is a long process.

Status
Not open for further replies.