Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

So Who Likes Benzos? Ver III: Blackouts and Amnesia

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ thanks for clearing that up D M. Dou or anyone know how long mild dependence will kick in? Have a feeling I will take about 6 mg a day knowing that will run out in 4 days. Hope that is not enough feel anything to hectic as I Am working

^ I don't think 4 days on benzo's is enough to experience any level of withdrawal from, I thought you needed atleast a few weeks to build up any real level of benzo dependance. Perhaps if you have had decent habits on benzo's in the past only a few days fo consecutive dosing could cause some WD, I really could only speculate on that though.

If you are particularly concerned you could try taking only 4 or 5mg on the first day or two so you atleast have a few mg left over to cushion the blow of running out? I really would be surprised if you need it but it never hurts to have peace of mind.

I had an alprazolam addiction for while, and then when I got into the etizolam a couple of weeks was enough for me to feel like shit when I stopped it. Probably due to my prior problem.

pinkanga said:

6 months to a year. I took a break for a couple of months and it still took a whole box of 5mg diazepam to feel good. Tolerance is a motherfucking bitch.

Even if your tolerance drops back down after a year, it'll spike right back up to where it was very quickly. Theres some speculation (can't remember where I read it) that long-term/heavy benzo use causes permanent changes in the brain (though you may not be concious of these changes). I think the tolerance issue is some evidence of this, particularly how it returns so fast like your brain has a memory of it - it never truly goes back to zero (I'm talking about long-term use).

I see absolutely no point in using benzos again if you've been addicted and been through the hell to get off them. Waste of time IMO - I've learnt my lesson. I'll only take them if required to for some medical procedure.

6 months and 3 days clean of benzos after several years of abuse. Feels good man.

^ I've been using them for comedowns but even then I feel like I should give them up completely.

And you are right, there is evidence of long term cognitive changes in people who have used benzodiazepines long term. I can't be bothered to provide a reference, but Wikipedia discusses it and provides references to studies and articles on the subject.

What the fuck is up with tolerance? 7.5mg clonazepam felt nice, and now about 20mg alprazolam and I barely feel relaxed at all

I feel more from 1mg of alprazolam than I do from 6mg of clonazepam lol.
But then again, clonazepam for me is the benzo with the least amount of recreational use(unlucky!) out of all that I've tried..

Hmmmmm 20mg diazepam and 3mg alraz today. Nice. Got a psych exam tomorrow and needed my mind taken off it. Seems to have, um, worked =D

I do notice some cross tolerance from my recent lorazepam use though. Such is life.

^ Just don't let your tolerance spiral out of control like I did. :\

p-man said:
I feel more from 1mg of alprazolam than I do from 6mg of clonazepam lol.
But then again, clonazepam for me is the benzo with the least amount of recreational use(unlucky!) out of all that I've tried..

Yeah clonazepam doesn't really do much for me either but it was all I had at the time. Maybe it was just placebo that it relaxed me, because 26mg of alprazolam is doing shit all right now.

I know Future on here likes the stuff though.

Yeah cheers for the conerns guys <3 <3 <3

I am laying off benzos for a while I know. I've run out, and I haven't bothered orderring more. I dont think I will order in more for a least a few months :)

I know it got outta hand and 2accidents later, lucky no serious dmg to either my car or my self. but it coulda gone a lot worse. It is def a wake up call. Gonna play it safely more from now on!

:)

thank for the replies. I have never had a benzo habit s hould fine with 12 bars. I had 4 yeasterday (ice comdown) worked so well I got abother point today. Love meth but need to make it stop and be normal enough as the comedown just seems to get more and more painful over the years.

Mr Blonde did you say 26mg xananz does shit all? doesn't that mean u need to go to hospital/rehab? thats not daily is it? or is that old tolerance from a king habit for years or something? I know that when i use heroin i still can get quite high but it if using 2 days in a row i get withdrawals that are the strength used to get from a week or 2 of daily use. Hell poppy seeds gave me some grief for day after 4 days use. shit lasts so so long. seems like i have pinned eyes for 12 hours even though the main nod is for like 4.

Yeah Mr Blonde been meaning to ask.... you dont take 26mg at once right? Please tell me you dont?

And spriritfolk I hear you re: poppy seeds.... I went through a stage a couple months ago of doing 720g+ with my codeine sessions about 3 times a week. I really enjoyed it byt when I stopped the withdrawals were so much worse than I expected based on my small usage. Would wake up with heat all around my torso and just a really shity sense of discomfort physically and mentally. Not so much the leg pains cold sweats like codeine withdrawals but afucked up sensation nonetheless.

Now I do it seeds once ever 2 weeks.

^ I do. And it does shit all. I add baclofen and even that doesn't help, works with opioids well though.

SpiritFolk said:
Mr Blonde did you say 26mg xananz does shit all? doesn't that mean u need to go to hospital/rehab? thats not daily is it? or is that old tolerance from a king habit for years or something? I know that when i use heroin i still can get quite high but it if using 2 days in a row i get withdrawals that are the strength used to get from a week or 2 of daily use. Hell poppy seeds gave me some grief for day after 4 days use. shit lasts so so long. seems like i have pinned eyes for 12 hours even though the main nod is for like 4.

If you read back through this thread I did have a serious alprazolam problem and disappeared off BL for while, went to rehab for a day then escaped and scored clonazepam to taper off. It was a rough taper though.

It's not daily anymore, I can't afford to use this many benzos daily. My tolerance is fucked, and I am not proud of it and I am not proud of what I did when I was addicted. I fucked up a lot of things, I hurt a lot of people, I almost lost my job. I'm lucky I didn't die or end up in jail.

I only use benzos now to comedown or relax but I always want to take them to relax. I can't relax without them anymore. I get stressed out over small things, and when it's big things then I'm a complete mess. I'm a fucking mess right now actually. I don't know why I'm saying all this, I just want people to know that these drugs can fuck your life up really bad and you will suffer for it for a long time.

^^ wow that is fuckin heavy use. Glad you managed to somewhat kick. I only buy benzos illeagallynand only for comedwns as recreationally they just get me in this crazy state where I could do something as dumb like spend all mine and my fiancé savings, or act super fucked when I think I acting perfectly fine.

Never ever want to experience heavy benzo withdrawals. Any thing that can piss on heavy opiate WD scars me shitless.

Mr Blonde do you have valium for withwrawal/tapering purpose off xanax? Im sure you know this but the long half life seems to make it the perfect benzo to use for such a purpose. Remember those PMs I sent you a few weeks back regarding 100 pan fortes boxes? Well swap that with valium easy enough.

Im seeing my dexamp psych tomorrow for my usual bi-monthly appointment. Hes usually really cool about throwing me a temaz script buy honrestly 25 tenaz are lucky to last me 2 days. I wonder what it would take to convince him go give me a diazepam script instead. Since its only been 3 weeks since my last appointment I feel its not going to be an easy conversation (in as much as coming off natural and not desperate). Guess all I can do is ask and say the temaz dont work as well as diaz.

^ I managed to get diazepam from my regular doctor instead of temazepam for sleeping when I said that I found temazepam ineffective for sleeping. He initially prescribed it for 'detoxing' off cannabis though and I can kinda see where diazepam is a fairly standard drug for detox situations BUT he has let me stay on diazepam as opposed to switching back to temaze (I only have it indicated for reasonably regular sleeping problems, I am not on it daily as I was for a short period of "detox"). I guess in a sense I was lucky that the first thing that sprang to his mind was diazepam, it can be hard to suggest a drug like that without documented prior use on your medical records and depending on the doctor may cause you to be treated with suspicion on your next temaze request.

I enjoy temaze but fuck me that shit gets useless real fast, for how hard hitting the effects are when you hit the sweet spot its piss weak for its benzo equivalency rating after you have used it a little bit.

Yeah its hard to bring anything like that up when you dont have a really tight relationship with the doc.

Yeah its hard to bring anything like that up when you dont have a really tight relationship with the doc.

Yep. I"m used to just walking in and saying 'I need these prescriptions" , but since the old dr's pissed off and replaced with new overseas dr's, they type up everything that has absolutely no abuse potential, but when it comes to anything else I"m gaurantee'd not to get what I"M asking for. Always had sleeping problems. I ask for temaze, I get stilnox, I ask for stilnox I get temaze.

When in pain I ask for tramadol as I know it's the least abusable prescription pain medication but because I asked for it I"ll get panadeine fortes or even a prescription for panadol osteo [WTF!].

I think it's a power game, just as much as them being suspicious. It seems you can't just ask for what you know works or what you need with new dr's , you got to pretend you have no idea what you need, and let Dr Genius come up with the answer instead,. I find it stupid because basically for you to get what you need, you have to manipulate the Dr via pretending you need his expertise rather than the truth being HE'S JUST A FUCKING CONDUIT TO PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION, he';s a prescription pad, he ain't anything else, when it comes to the usual medication for your usual requirements. Dr Ego doesn't like to realise that.

Ha ha... word man. ^ ^ ^

ALTHOUGH - Would you not be seriously abusing meds if you could just saunder into any fucking doc and ask them for oxy cause of a hangover? .. Yes.. I believe most people would be/ more so then they are NOW with the way things are!

And not ALL doctors are like that.. there are some lovely ones that WILL give you the benifit of the doubt ;-)

I actually brought up the "hipocratic oath" with a doctor when she REFUSED to prescribe me a medication she had been prescribing for like 6 months (alprazolam) and she WIGGED OUT at me and kicked me out of the office. It was along the lines of "Well you took an oath to help your patients in any way possible etc etc etc" - Look up the hipocratic oath and you will see that TECHNICALLY they shouldn't be refusing you ANYTHING ! Maybe people needed the doctors every word like 15 years ago.. but with the advent of the internet EVERYONE is a fucking doc haha... and its VERY easy to look up symptoms and medication and just general information.

Although you are correct. They DO look down on you for knowing such information - Which I personally find appalling - In a SANE society you should be encouraged, hell, REWARDED! For knowing such things..

Sadly we are ostracized and accused of "drug seeking" if we front up to a doc knowing what's wrong with us. I even passed a doctors office that had a big sign saying "WE DO NOT PRESCRIBE BENZOS' OPIATES OR DRUGS OF ADDICTION"

THAT is what prompted me to research the hipocratic oath cause I thought SURELY THAT goes against it.. yeh , Im a doctor but I ONLY PRESCRIBE WHAT I WANT TO ! ... right.

FUCK YOU DOC.

Decided not to even bring up getting another script for temaz or even getting diaz. It has only been 3 weeks since my last temaz script and he gave me another one 4 weeks before that.

He agreed to up my daily dex dosage and gave me 2 repeats which will get be through to February nicely. Sometimes its better off just being happy with what you got. I can get benzos other ways anyway.

^ You're wrong regarding the Hippocratic Oath. Firstly, doctors in modern day Australia don't swear by that oath, I don't know why you think they do. Secondly, it doesn't imply that doctors should do whatever a patient wants them to. The oath states to 'do no harm', and I'd say that handing out powerful drugs of abuse to anyone who asks for them would do a lot of harm. Certainly people who need them should get them, but do you understand how incredibly difficult it is to differentiate someone who legitimately needs a drug from someone who just wants it to get high from someone who is selling their meds? They don't intentionally want to withhold drugs from those who need them, but most citizens would despise the idea that they could be giving drugs to a druggie or helping divert meds to the black market.

I agree that the doctors role has changed greatly since the advent of the internet, but it far from removes any need for them. Sure you can look up your symptoms and get a dozen random diagnoses, but there is so much crap on the internet that it's very difficult to pick the wheat from the chaff.

Sorry for the off-topic. TrippAR if you want to continue the dicussion you can PM me or start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.