• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

So my house got raided :( my story so far and a warning to others

Mate, you didn't get raided because you bought a sep funnel. That is just bullshit. You got raided because they knew that you had prohibited substances, and most likely they knew where they would find them. They just do not raid as a fishing expedition. How big is your mouth?

Thats crap. I know someone who had their large-ish property raided from a "tip off" ... guy is completely straight and narrow. I'm glad the guy is rolling in money and his solicitor weighing on the cops right now about it.
(queensland)

Back to the OP.

If the glassware does not test positive for anything illegal, nothing will be brought against you unless of course you had precursors or collection of chemicals that could be used in the manufacture of illicit substances.

Oh and if they had access to your pc at home, i'd be considering formatting it.

weed
4 ounces of shrooms
6 bags of "unknown substances" which may have been 2cb, mxe, lsd and doi
3 1/2 clonaz
meth pipe
also took
empty gel caps
a tin of dmaa caps
scales

well you've been done for the weed so they can't redo you for that. the shrooms, well thats a big question mark but considering the ACC report on drugs indicates a very small amount of mushrooms were sized in the last couple years its unlikely they'll bother to raise charges for that and even if they did I'm sure your Lawyer (and your saving all your pocket money up for a lawyer aren't you) would achieve a good outcome.

the unknown substances will take ages to gc/ms and who knows if they'll be able to work out. whilst all the other things don't seem to be that big a deal.

Speaking of computers, I'd recommend looking into the free program TrueCrypt to encrypt your entire drive, unless of course they've already confiscated it. Formatting doesn't remove the majority of the data, at the very least you'd want to use a drive cleaning utility that overwrites each sector of your drive with random data so it is unrecoverable.

Thats crap. I know someone who had their large-ish property raided from a "tip off" ... guy is completely straight and narrow. I'm glad the guy is rolling in money and his solicitor weighing on the cops right now about it.
(queensland)

Yeah, most people think that I'm completely straight and narrow. heh.. and he's rolling in money.

Tip offs are a pretty good indicator. Someone I know was tipped off for having plants and the cops actually looked over the fence from the neightbours house a few days before raiding. The neighbour told the person I know so he go the plants outa there and nothing was found.

I was thinking the same thing most_illogical. The amount of lab equipment that is sold online for legit reasons is far, far greater than for dodgy drug labs. You have been watched for a while is my guess.
?

These days anyone buying suspcious glassware wtihout documentation and a end user decoloration being mailed to a private residence might be put on a list. Buying OS mail order could be seen as a way of circumventing EUD's and the ID and proof of residence that is required for an EUD. Maybe you're trying to remain anonymous to the government and if so why?

Why? well it's probably cheaper to mail order from OS, rather than buying locally but equally in this methcentric society where even my grandmother knows all about meth and it's evils due to having to show ID to buy cold and flu products maybe the glassware is for making meth.

You say it's totally ridiculous to get raided for buying glassware alone but maybe not.

Tip offs are a pretty good indicator. Someone I know was tipped off for having plants and the cops actually looked over the fence from the neightbours house a few days before raiding. The neighbour told the person I know so he go the plants outa there and nothing was found.

What a good bloke neighbour :)

These days anyone buying suspcious glassware wtihout documentation and a end user decoloration being mailed to a private residence might be put on a list. Buying OS mail order could be seen as a way of circumventing EUD's and the ID and proof of residence that is required for an EUD. Maybe you're trying to remain anonymous to the government and if so why?

Why? well it's probably cheaper to mail order from OS, rather than buying locally but equally in this methcentric society where even my grandmother knows all about meth and it's evils due to having to show ID to buy cold and flu products maybe the glassware is for making meth.

You say it's totally ridiculous to get raided for buying glassware alone but maybe not.

Sorry for continuing to railroad this thread but -

EUDs are about as useful as firearms registration. It is a scheme based on honesty, which law abiding people will adhere to, and meth cooks won't. Also, sep funnels are not EUD items. Also, even 'EUD' items do not technically require an EUD, at least when retailed from Victoria.

And yes, it annoys me no end that I (and your grandma) get put on a frigging "suspected of being a meth precursor runner" database every time I buy something to clear my sinuses up.

I'm sorry to hear OP got raided, but I just don't buy that it was because you bought a sep funnel.

^ The EUD's are, as you say, technically not required. It is an industry code of practice, not something enforced by law from what I know. I agree, it is based on honesty but it does make it a lot harder to get items in List I, as you have to have very valid reasons for using the substances/equipment a lot of the time. A lot of places won't even deal with you unless you are working for a company that has a legitimate need for those listed items.

It is very frustrating for genuine chemistry enthusiasts. To think that just a century ago, much chemistry and discovering of useful products was done at home. Now it's all industrial with no place for the chemist working at home. :\

ok, update time...
I got arrested monday night.
during the interview i said absolutely nothing.
For all my stash i scored a drug diversion, which is a 1 hour counceling session
and i have a court date for possesion of prescribed equipment.
thats it.
no manufacturing charge
It was pretty obvious that i wasnt running a meth lab.

I have never been caught with or charged with any drug related matters in the past, although they did mention that i used to hang around a certain popular night club, and i was spoken to at the house of someone now if jail for dealing.

So i guess they knew i know people who are involved with drugs, then cross referenced with the lab ware i ordered is what got them a warrant.

Im using this as an opportunity to sorta change direction of my life a little bit. At least i have cleaned up my room.

Ill let u all know what the outcome of my charge is, but im hoping its nothing too drastic.

but seriously be carefull if you want to use lab equipment, even for legit reasons... they really are watching u.

stay safe guys.

^ that's really good to hear :) Definitely time for a change TechnoNinja, I wouldn't push my luck twice. Stay safe.

Phew. Good news. Hopefully the equipment charge gets thrown out. I didn't know possession of equipment is an offence, unless there is both intent and know-how. Make sure there was no intent or know-how!

Wow! You're lucky man, I was almost certain they were going to try and pin you for manufacturing. Like Belarki said, I wouldn't push my luck twice, haha. :)

Great to hear mate. You're very lucky to get off with those charges. Enjoy the change in life :)

Just a bit of an update for everyone following this thread. Had my court date. No new charges. According to the paperwork, the police attained a general search warrant based on the sep funnel i attempted to order from the US. Outcome of the case was a No conviction recorded, and a $350 fine. all property forfeit to the crown. So I think things worked out pretty well for me. I think my lawyer may have had something to do with it tho. getting a good lawyer if your in trouble is definately worth it.

Stay safe people.

Just a bit of an update for everyone following this thread. Had my court date. No new charges. According to the paperwork, the police attained a general search warrant based on the sep funnel i attempted to order from the US. Outcome of the case was a No conviction recorded, and a $350 fine. all property forfeit to the crown. So I think things worked out pretty well for me. I think my lawyer may have had something to do with it tho. getting a good lawyer if your in trouble is definately worth it.

Stay safe people.

Good outcome for you, I actually wrote a post for this thread expressing my opinion/frustation at your (and Australia's) situation, but It got too long and I was slightly off topic...

Here I go again, I'll write a shorter post this time and actually post it.

It's obviously a coincidence that you are a drug user and have a chemistry hobby/interest, I'm guessing you don't have ties to any bikie gangs and you're not importing kilos of cocaine... so, Looking at it from their side of things you can understand what they may think if you had a past (of drug use, and/or association or knowing dealers who have been caught) and whatnot. From what you've said your grandmother could order this equipment and cop a search warrant? Perhaps due to your age/gender and past they decided to target you? Hmm, Bullshit.... But probably a good thing that every tom dick and jerry can't go and setup a meth lab with ease, though.

That said, it seems anything restricted by the government only penalizes the legitimate users of the item. Take firearms for example, Criminals can get guns easily -- It's a crime.... and weapons are available on the black market the same way they were before the restrictions. Oh, and Pseudoephedrine Is near impossible to get if you've got a cold/flu, Chemists do not even recommend it, even though it is the best MEDICINE for someone with a cold/flu, In fact I have heard of them flat out refusing to provide it without even checking the register, purely discrimination on what you're wearing or how you look and how old you are .etc, but hey, If you want some Meth or pseudo you can get it in good supply on the drug market. I'm sure it's the same with your chemistry equipment, setting up a drug lab? No problem, obtain the gear illegally and with ease most likely. However, import it with legit reasons from overseas and you'll cop a search warrant. I know people that've called up their meth dealer for meth or some pseudo to help with a cold/flu because it's that hard to obtain and you get looked at like a criminal if you ask for it, Not to even mention the register if you don't get flat out refused or told it isn't even made or stocked anymore.

I have a hard time believing they catch every bit of potentially illegal chemistry gear coming into australia. If you imported something illegally like you have, you should have copped a knock on the door at the very most, I'd even go as far to say customs should have just seized it and sent you a love letter or had a cop come and chat with you about the situation... Instead they launch a full blown investigation and get a search warrant for your home. I could understand if you're importing various RC's/powders and/or pill presses, binders, etc or are getting suspect mail/packages from overseas regularly. Maybe that might ring some alarm bells...

It seems they take possession of this equipment quite seriously, I do think it was an over reaction though, hopefully this isn't happening on a regular basis with legit chemisty hobbyists, and I'm glad you got off with a minor fine and drug diversion, because, lets face it....you weren't running a meth lab or even cooking anything illegal & there was no evidence that the possession of the powders and other drugs were manufactured using the equipment you had.

Thanks for making this thread by the way, you might even save someone a search warrant should they have a chemistry hobby/interest and source equipment they may not be allowed to have.

Last edited:
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLS YEAH for NO Conviction :>

No conviction recorded ain't that great these days. It doesn't really have any benefit over conviction recorded, a police record will show up 'guilty conviction not recorded' and every job interview or visa entry to another country, car insurance etc etc etc will ask about 'have you been found guilty of an offence in the past X amount of years' rather than ask about a conviction.
Any goverment jobs will say "for the purposes of this application 'guilty conviction not recorded is the same as conviction recorded'

I really do think they need to update that shit, because 'guilty - conviction not recorded' really is no better than 'guilty conviction recorded'

But I"M glad the OP had a good day and everything turned out as good as it possible could have.

Stato said:
But probably a good thing that every tom dick and jerry can't go and setup a meth lab with ease, though.

The funny thing is that you don't need any proper lab equipment to set up a decent sized meth lab. Some ingenuity (or Google) can go a long way.