Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

So my house got raided :( my story so far and a warning to others

TechnoNinja

Greenlighter
Im a bit of a chemistry enthusiast, but i made the stupid mistake of ordering one piece of glassware from the us. A sep funnel. It took forever to arrive, and 1 week after it did, CIB rocked up with a warrant and cleaned me out of everything fun i have.

The took all my glassware, which was a distilation set up, dropping funel and sep funnel. Except for the still head adapter. think they may have accidently missed this bit, because Im fair sure when you buy a distillation setup you need to sign a statutory deceleration for the still head adapter. they took my hot plate stirrer, and left me with my retort stands.

Now, pretty sure they were looking for a meth lab, which i certainly was not doing. there is a slight possibility that one of the flasks they took contained a quantity of gbl though.

also they found my stash and took
weed
4 ounces of shrooms
6 bags of "unknown substances" which may have been 2cb, mxe, lsd and doi
3 1/2 clonaz
meth pipe
also took
empty gel caps
a tin of dmaa caps
scales

I was at work while all of this happend and so they have left me with a recipt for everything they took and a $300 fine for the weed and my bong.

Now im just waiting to hear something, presumably after they test all the unknown substances they found.
anyone know how much shit im likely to get in for the shrooms, and the gbl, if they work out what it is.

and how long do they usually take before they come a knocking on the door again.

Since they have been, i have been sure to clean out everything they didnt find because im pretty certain they will be back.

and the moral of the story is, dont order glass ware from overseas. It was a stupid mistake, and guessing i will be paying for it, but the waiting game sucks balls.

If i dont get locked up, ill keep updating this thread to let people know what happens

be safe.

No idea how much trouble you are facing; I would speak to a lawyer as soon as possible. Don't take any legal advice off here apart from speak to a lawyer.

Hope everything turns out alright; I'l leave this thread open for now but don't give out too many details of your case.

Wow dude that sucks, im gonna be straight with ya, i think with that sort of stash you're in for a whole world of hurt in the coming few days. I'm not even gonna ask what you were getting up to

check out this thread psynapsurfa made about being raided.
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/506490-freedom-cherished-yet-taken-for-granted.dealing-with-the-judicial-system-in-australia

They took 2 kilos of weed and 27 grams of dried psilocybe mushrooms. he got off with a 22 month suspended jail sentence,
300 hours of community service, and a 12 month good behaviour bond. :\

I'd be more concerned about being charged with some sort of drug manufacture/trafficking offence than possession.

Go get some professional legal advice as soon as possible, good luck mate.

I'm curious about whether it's actually illegal to buy glassware used for Chemistry. After hearing this, I'd make 101% sure I had absolutely nothing in my house before I made the purchase. Best of luck to you dude, I hope you get out of it lightly! This is pretty saddening too, because I was planning on having a legal/pseudo-legal garden in the future, in which to conduct my own experiments with, because I'm legitimately passionate about the idea. Fuck the Meth, I'm thinking Guarana extracts! :D

Doesn't sound right, they wldve gone to your wrk
n pik u up if u had all that trippy shit, if any of that is 100%, I'm thinkn
your in a bit of trouble, dam!

Hard to say without knowing the quantities of said "unknown substances", though I'd agree with everyone else - not good. Best of luck, keep us updated...

I'm curious about whether it's actually illegal to buy glassware used for Chemistry.

A chemistry set-up isn't illegal, using it to cook up various drugs is 8)

Hard to say without knowing the quantities of said "unknown substances", though I'd agree with everyone else - not good. Best of luck, keep us updated...

A chemistry set-up isn't illegal, using it to cook up various drugs is 8)

Yet it can provide the *bullshit organization goes here* an instant warrant by default? Fucking hell... Maybe if they raid you (probably more so if it happens a second time) and you're 100% clean, you can sue them if they do it again? I'd say that's invasion of privacy and harassment.

Edit: What if those various drugs were legal, or R.C.'s? I guess the law changes from state to state, country to country. But what's the general consensus?

I'm pretty sure they charge you on the basis of quantity so if all that unknown shit turns out to be mdma or even 2cb you're heaps fucked mate. :( Leave the country while you can. Personally, I'd go straight to vietnam and spend the rest of my days smoking opium looking at farm animals and shit. Do you have a previous criminal record btw? =/ (fucken why do u even have 6 bags of god knows what anyway, wtf?)

I'm pretty sure they charge you on the basis of quantity so if all that unknown shit turns out to be mdma or even 2cb you're heaps fucked mate. :( Leave the country while you can. Personally, I'd go straight to vietnam and spend the rest of my days smoking opium looking at farm animals and shit. Do you have a previous criminal record btw? =/ (fucken why do u even have 6 bags of god knows what anyway, wtf?)

Yeah, you could get done on a 'conspiracy to manufacture*' charge if they can pin any unknown/known substances as a precursor. YOU will have to prove that this is a wild assumption, not the opposite way around. I have read some hellish stories on this form of conviction. How easy is it to actually flee to another country, being realistic? It's something you'd joke about to yourself, but when it comes down to it...

Last edited:
Yeah, you could get done on a 'conspiracy to cook' charge if they can pin any unknown/known substances as a precursor. YOU will have to prove that this is a wild assumption, not the opposite way around. I have read some hellish stories on this form of conviction. How easy is it to actually flee to another country, being realistic? It's something you'd joke about to yourself, but when it comes down to it...
Well I'd assume the first steps to be taken would be to get your hands on a fake pasport, get an alaby in the country you're travelling to and disguise the fuck out of yourself, tbh i have no idea ive never been in that situation before but if it were to come down to it, id fucken do it =/

^ that's just silly.

good luck man, as others have said - get a good lawyer, don't say or admit anything without their approval, and i wish you all the best.
modern drug laws are just completely stupid.

Shit dude to me it sounds like your probibly gonna get fucked. The glassware was definately for illegal drug manufacturing so expect to hear the term "clandestine lab". The best thing I can think of is try to persuade them it was for personal use only (addict's lab). Shit man, didn't Carl O'Callerhan or hallorhan or whatever the fuck's son get off on some shit like that???

Either way, thanks for the post mate and best of luck. Keep us posted.

Did you order the glassware in your real name?

Just asking as curious, if ordered in real name, and they came with warrant containing your name and address? or just the address of the location? Hence why they raided your place without you being at home to witness them poking around your house?

by the way, may I ask what State you are in? May help some of us giving you better advice as every state has their own laws.

Hope your not in QLD....pretty strict drug laws up there I believe.

1. You would find it most likely very hard to convince a judge it was for something other than drugs, you were found in possession of various articles(baggies); either you were getting it for someone else or you were trying to set up your own lab, which they will argue that you are doing to cover the cost of drugs.
2. They will most likely interview you first in relation to glassware and drugs when they finish testing, thenlay charges. They already will charge u, but by interviewing u they can see if they can get more outta ya, and up charges or get you to snitch
3. They could be looking into your call and financial records to see what activities u are up to
4. You most likely can leave country, havent had passport taken off u yet, but complicated issue might have been flagged, other country may bar you etc
5. Priors might not help your cause
6. Could hide out interstate if your lucky, ive known of people who have
7. Scales and emptry baggies could land you as a trafficker, either weighing it up into bags or caps can be argued as preparing drugs in a unit of sale.
8. How long? How long is a piece of string? If they are making a case off you it can take time, if they think your a cook, they wana make sure u land in jail, so they are making sure they have everything perfect before u get to court.

Seek legal aid, cuz they will fuck u hard

Last edited:
I know next to nothing about law, but what little I do know from my girlfriends law studies at ANU is that it's probably a very very bad idea to leave the country as previously suggested.
Shut your mouth and get a lawyer as soon as possible.

Mate, you didn't get raided because you bought a sep funnel. That is just bullshit. You got raided because they knew that you had prohibited substances, and most likely they knew where they would find them. They just do not raid as a fishing expedition. How big is your mouth?

I was thinking the same thing most_illogical. The amount of lab equipment that is sold online for legit reasons is far, far greater than for dodgy drug labs. You have been watched for a while is my guess.

Do you live alone? Are you able to create a element of doubt to who owns the equipment given you were at work during the raid?

I would actually disagree with the general consensus here that you're going to be absolutely fucked. There will be consequences of course, but I think it's extremely unlikely you will get a custodial sentence. Remand will most likely be your only time away. I'm not a lawyer by any means so I might be wildy off the mark. But IME, the paraphernalia will count for almost nothing, if anything at all. Same with the unknown substances, as they take forever to actually test things (especially the untypical substances), so you'll more than likely get a deal with those too, rather than them actually figuring out what they are, and working out a sentence to match. The mushies I'm unsure about, but hearing of situations of others caught with ounces of other pure substances, I doubt the consequences will be too severe. All this of course depends on what priors you have, if any.

Actually, on a 2nd read of your post, since they didn't take you away straight away (and don't have a warrant out for your arrest, it seems), that bodes even better for you.

In the meantime, don't speak to anyone with your usual phone number. Public phones are a must if you need to speak to anyone about this. Hopefully you're not using your usual computer to post this either, or the computer of anyone you know. Lie low - for the next few months, as far as can be traced, you don't contact anyone at all.

Good luck.

Last edited: