• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Paraphernalia So Me got me first Vaporizer

emkee_reinvented

Bluelighter
And its real good. The price definitely justifies its means.

Its a Cap vaporizer from Flowermate. And mom and me, we both tried it, and are convinced it did a pretty good job. To good for her for a while. But laying down helped. She could drive easily thoughtful after some rest. What stroke me as bizar how reckless some others drive.As passenger you don't have control, despite it felt safe. My ma is not reckless. She Drove just as good as ever.

She never does Cannabis so it must have hit her harder. But as a vet it, it does the job very well. Less substance seemed needed then the usual 'one hitter' pipe I use.

The abstinence of use of Tobacco made 'the red eye' aspect disappear. I came over coherent and appeared sober. According to my mother.

actually vaporisers are supposed to deliver more 'red eye' and dry mouth etc because of the higher efficiency i know after a good session on my vape my eyes look red as hell lol

actually vaporisers are supposed to deliver more 'red eye' and dry mouth etc because of the higher efficiency i know after a good session on my vape my eyes look red as hell lol
My eye's were all clear. My mind was in a place between smoking and soberness.

Imo red eye is caused in me thru Tobacco adding. Never get swimming pool eyes from just Pot.

So are you vaping oil, dab, or regular weed? I noticed the vape is called Flowermate, so does that mean you're vaping flower?

My eye's were all clear. My mind was in a place between smoking and soberness.

Imo red eye is caused in me thru Tobacco adding. Never get swimming pool eyes from just Pot.
im a bit confused then as ive been using vapes for over 8 years on and off , quite a few different types and all high-end vapes have delivered the same effects not only to myself but also others its also something i read up that vapes cause more dry mouth, red eye etc for the simple fact that they deliver significantly more thc and cannabinoids to the bloodstream compared to smoking

As a double reply. Afaik the red eyes are and appear only when Tobacco is involved, to me.Others have said this multiple times. But inside smoking who knows?

Gave up on that 15 year's ago, nowadays my smoking is outdoor only maybe you are overdoing you Cannabis or maybe I am the oddity. Just using Herb btw no oils or wax.

Ps
Does make good Weed taste like Homegrown a bit.

Last edited:
There are three temp's 385 F./ 196 C.
400 F. /205 C.
420 F. / 215 C.

I used the last, the highest.
Ah ok, thanks. I use 390F/200C for flower and 420F/215C for hash on my Volcano. I use about 1/6g per individual dosing capsule weed or 0.1g dry sift hash. I blow one standard bag and then dump that into the ABV pile.

Tom

Ah ok, thanks. I use 390F/200C for flower and 420F/215C for hash on my Volcano. I use about 1/6g per individual dosing capsule weed or 0.1g dry sift hash. I blow one standard bag and then dump that into the ABV pile.

Tom
Wow a Volcano, those things are huge.

Maybe you are right next time I'll try the middle setting. 200 C.
You can always add more heat. But all in all I am greatly surprised by the recent Vapes. Handheld devices, that don't even look suspicious.

I love vaporizers. I got the pax 3 and the concentrate insert. I rarely roll joints anymore. Probably more laziness than anything.
Great for Canadian winters if you run outta papers. Walking to the store at 7 am -30 is no fun.

I love vaporizers. I got the pax 3 and the concentrate insert. I rarely roll joints anymore. Probably more laziness than anything.
Great for Canadian winters if you run outta papers. Walking to the store at 7 am -30 is no fun.
How do Concetrates and Herb compare?

Just discovered the loading led's eventually go green.

And red is a far as I got the battery loaded, so it could actual be stronger if its green.

Use a lesser amount (wt) of concentrate to get the same effect as a certain amount of weed. But a lot of vapes can’t handle concentrates. I’m not sure how the Volcano would do with, say a liquid oil. So for concentrates I stick to dry, crumbly hash

I’ve had a love/hate relationship with vaporizers

On the hate side
-Iolite butane powered vaporizer
-Original Davinci. Battery powered. Looked like a cheap old cell phone. The ‘antenna’ was the straw

On the love/like side
Extreme Q, good but lots of small, breakable fiddly parts, Not portable.
Pax 3. Once I started using the dosing capsules, I loved it. Even w/o capsules it was great. i just didn’t like cleaning the oven/vapor path.
Volcano hybrid. Not portable and I use dosing capsules. Handles dry sift hash extremely well using the capsules.

Have had a few others that didn’t leave much of an impression (Silver Surfer - forget about using it while wrecked) and an Apex(?) something.

Tom

I used the last, the highest.

giphy.gif

Use a lesser amount (wt) of concentrate to get the same effect as a certain amount of weed. But a lot of vapes can’t handle concentrates. I’m not sure how the Volcano would do with, say a liquid oil. So for concentrates I stick to dry, crumbly hash

So in my experience with the few dry herb/flower vapes I've used-- they'll handle concentrates like wax and hash wonderfully if you take a ball of your concentrate and roll it around in ground up flower. Create your own little moon rocks and toss 'em in the oven.

Works well on coil vapes as well but can get a bit messy if you haven't figured out a good herb:wax ratio yet.

Even w/o capsules it was great. i just didn’t like cleaning the oven/vapor path.
Volcano hybrid. Not portable and I use dosing capsules. Handles dry sift hash extremely well using the capsules.

Have had a few others that didn’t leave much of an impression (Silver Surfer - forget about using it while wrecked) and an Apex(?) something.

Tom
Imagine cleaning a combustion based one hitter. I still have a trauma of getting all that Tar out. Absolutely gross.

The one hitter still gets hit from time to time, when I smoke tobacco. But as far as the vaporizer goes it like traveling 100 years to the future. 'You know that we used to smoke' people in the elderly complexes will tell each other.

It looks very well designed just like a Tobacco cartridge type of thing. No parts that seem easily breakable, Aluminium based. A plus 10 imo, and there are probably even better ones as I got the cheap one the shop owner advised.

Last edited:
I'm smoking thca diamonds and 1 little piece, the size of a 1/4 Xanax bar feels like I smoked a joint.

@Thomas Davie I agree with cleaning the oven. With the concentrates you have to clean it after a couple uses.

wait til you see how clean your lungs become

it's a different high - i got used to it and prefer it now - i keep mine at 370 F - and i still take bong hits here and there when i don't feel like waiting for my vaporizer to heat up from being off - i really do like that they're 2 different highs too

i only vape flower - i don't do carts or any of that riggamaroo

but yea man - welcome to the flower vaping club

:group hug:

I got mine in 2007 and it's still rocking. Quality craftsmanship. Vapor Box by vaporwarez.
I only use it once a day tho because it warms up for a little while.
But I should get back into it more because today my lungs hurt from smoking bowls.