• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

So 10mg oxy didn’t work..

I wanna be safe I still treat myself as opiate naive I doubt I am I been taking some kinda opiate albeit kratom or oxy since December with not even a week break in between. I wanna get the best outta these while still being relatively as safe as possible. What would that be for you? You think 15mg is too much for an opiate naive person? I’m not but I like to place myself in that category until I find my dose

I wanna be safe I still treat myself as opiate naive I doubt I am I been taking some kinda opiate albeit kratom or oxy since December with not even a week break in between. I wanna get the best outta these while still being relatively as safe as possible. What would that be for you? You think 15mg is too much for an opiate naive person? I’m not but I like to place myself in that category until I find my dose
i've never taken 10mg oxy, even when i was opiate naive. First time i took an oxy i did 20mg, one week later i was doing upwards 40mg. mhmm

Even if i abstain myself from doing opiates for half a year i need at least 50 oxy/morphine to get high now, tolerance never goes back to baseline completely.

i've never taken 10mg oxy, even when i was opiate naive. First time i took an oxy i did 20mg, one week later i was doing upwards 40mg. mhmm
So I should be safe off a 20mg next time I try you think?

So I should be safe off a 20mg next time I try you think?
man, to pass out or die you would have to do a lot more than that. you could take 50mg but that most likely would make you nauseous. Yeah you can try 20mg.

man, to pass out or die you would have to do a lot more than that. you could take 50mg but that most likely would make you nauseous. Yeah you can try 20mg, mix it with cannabis aswell. They synergize so well.

Whats the end game? I ,mean what is the objective/want?
That classic energy happiness I don’t wanna nod or be off the rocker just feel that classic opiate warmth and I’m barley getting it at 10mg I have a chance to get 15s would that be the safest step ?

That classic energy happiness I don’t wanna nod or be off the rocker just feel that classic opiate warmth and I’m barley getting it at 10mg I have a chance to get 15s would that be the safest step ?
Don't you think the kratom has increased your tolerance a bit? Perhaps you need a higher dose to feel it again.As long as you don't mix it with other downers you should be safe.

Don't you think the kratom has increased your tolerance a bit? Perhaps you need a higher dose to feel it again.As long as you don't mix it with other downers you should be safe.
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking happen if I don’t do oxy I’m taking kratom and vice versa cause a 5 mg use to get me right where I wanted to be

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking happen if I don’t do oxy I’m taking kratom and vice versa cause a 5 mg use to get me right where I wanted to be
hahaha dude that only works the first few times, when that short honeymoon phase is over you need to use more and more everytime. I don't think you'll ever feel euphoric from just 5mg tbh.

hahaha dude that only works the first few times, when that short honeymoon phase is over you need to use more and more everytime. I don't think you'll ever feel euphoric from just 5mg tbh.
Well next time ima try probably 15mg and see where I’m at, bumping up 5 shouldn’t be that bad I wish I knew what my tolerance was

20mg + try it you have a tolerance. is it straight or apap?
kratom usage does more so there will be something *missing, imo/e.
ymmv
one

If you don't mind me asking how much Kratom are you consuming & how often are you consuming said Kratom? Kratom can raise one's tolerance by a surprisingly large degree from what I've seen. :\

My wife as an example was able to keep her doses to as low or lower than what you are speaking for a very long time without much in the way of tolerance issues. Her usage included the random F analogues, etc. being sold nowadays as "dope" & various other opioids. Oddly enough the only thing that ever really had an effect on her tolerance was Kratom. She's always been extremely sensitive to drugs & able to take very low doses like you describe. Considering the similarities perhaps I can try to provide some more input on the matter at hand. 🤞

To attempt to provide said input I'll need additional information as I stated however. As such how much Kratom are you consuming at time & in total? I wasn't able to discern the amount you are taking or how frequently you are taking it from the information you've provided so far. I know you mention "with not even a week break in between" but I'm unclear as the exact frequency based on that statement. I've tried to infer what I can from what you've mentioned but "with not even a week break in between" can indicate many different dosing schedules. Also the quantity of the Kratom consumed is relevant when assessing tolerance. It also couldn't hurt to know what color you generally consume. It's always hard to gauge the tolerance of someone else but if said information is provided I'll do my best to give a recommendation.

Normally I wouldn't be at all concerned with taking to much with such low doses but having seen the sensitivity of some individuals (such as my wife) to opioids & how unpleasant the resulting experience of having taken to much can be for the individual in question I understand that one might not want to take that chance. As I would agree with nznity that you are safe & don't have to worry at the doses you are taking. However; as he mentioned taking to much could make you nauseous at the very least. I know people can get very nauseous, sweaty, etc. (basically a plethora of negative symptoms) when taking to much & have quite an unpleasant experience as a result. Hopefully we can figure out your tolerance / dose to within a degree of confidence that those risks are alleviated.

Well next time ima try probably 15mg and see where I’m at, bumping up 5 shouldn’t be that bad I wish I knew what my tolerance was

As I stated if you provide more information I'll do my best to try to help you with assessing your tolerance. Hopefully with more information we can help to assist you with ascertaining your tolerance & help to answer your question with as high a degree of confidence as possible. :)

If you don't mind me asking how much Kratom are you consuming & how often are you consuming said Kratom? Kratom can raise one's tolerance by a surprisingly large degree from what I've seen. :\

My wife as an example was able to keep her doses to as low or lower than what you are speaking for a very long time without much in the way of tolerance issues. Her usage included the random F analogues, etc. being sold nowadays as "dope" & various other opioids. Oddly enough the only thing that ever really had an effect on her tolerance was Kratom. She's always been extremely sensitive to drugs & able to take very low doses like you describe. Considering the similarities perhaps I can try to provide some more input on the matter at hand. 🤞

To attempt to provide said input I'll need additional information as I stated however. As such how much Kratom are you consuming at time & in total? I wasn't able to discern the amount you are taking or how frequently you are taking it from the information you've provided so far. I know you mention "with not even a week break in between" but I'm unclear as the exact frequency based on that statement. I've tried to infer what I can from what you've mentioned but "with not even a week break in between" can indicate many different dosing schedules. Also the quantity of the Kratom consumed is relevant when assessing tolerance. It also couldn't hurt to know what color you generally consume. It's always hard to gauge the tolerance of someone else but if said information is provided I'll do my best to give a recommendation.

Normally I wouldn't be at all concerned with taking to much with such low doses but having seen the sensitivity of some individuals (such as my wife) to opioids & how unpleasant the resulting experience of having taken to much can be for the individual in question I understand that one might not want to take that chance. As I would agree with nznity that you are safe & don't have to worry at the doses you are taking. However; as he mentioned taking to much could make you nauseous at the very least. I know people can get very nauseous, sweaty, etc. (basically a plethora of negative symptoms) when taking to much & have quite an unpleasant experience as a result. Hopefully we can figure out your tolerance / dose to within a degree of confidence that those risks are alleviated.

As I stated if you provide more information I'll do my best to try to help you with assessing your tolerance. Hopefully with more information we can help to assist you with ascertaining your tolerance & help to answer your question with as high a degree of confidence as possible. :)
I too, have a increased sensitivity to oxycodone to put in layman’s turns at the beginning of my use around Christmas I’d take a 5 mg and I’d feel fine but 7.5 was too much, I felt extreme lethargy and it scared me to think I might fall asleep and stop breathing since then my normal dose has increased to 7.5 after a while on 5mg and then to 10mg. My kratom usage varies though at my peak I was taking about 15 gpd with my largest dose in the morning which varied from 4-6 grams. I found that 6 grams was to relaxing and I got that same lethargy so I reduced it to 5 g in morning and about 5 around 2pm so undeniably I’ve probably got tolerance past 10mg. I’m just trying to place a standard dose on the safe side (hence me assuming I’m opiate naive) although I’m not I’d prefer to say along those dosage guidelines I’d rather waste a pill then my life. My next step would be take a 10mg and then split another 10 in half and then the half in half so perhaps 12.5 mg but idk if that would just increase tolerance without said effects. The effect I’m looking for would be a recreational dose but with That being said all I’m looking for is a mood lift and energy lift and classic warm opiate feeling I do not wanna nod or be wasted on them. Potentiation could be a Avenue I could try but I would like to go about it as safely as possible.

I too, have a increased sensitivity to oxycodone to put in layman’s turns at the beginning of my use around Christmas I’d take a 5 mg and I’d feel fine but 7.5 was too much, I felt extreme lethargy and it scared me to think I might fall asleep and stop breathing since then my normal dose has increased to 7.5 after a while on 5mg and then to 10mg. My kratom usage varies though at my peak I was taking about 15 gpd with my largest dose in the morning which varied from 4-6 grams. I found that 6 grams was to relaxing and I got that same lethargy so I reduced it to 5 g in morning and about 5 around 2pm so undeniably I’ve probably got tolerance past 10mg. I’m just trying to place a standard dose on the safe side (hence me assuming I’m opiate naive) although I’m not I’d prefer to say along those dosage guidelines I’d rather waste a pill then my life. My next step would be take a 10mg and then split another 10 in half and then the half in half so perhaps 12.5 mg but idk if that would just increase tolerance without said effects. The effect I’m looking for would be a recreational dose but with That being said all I’m looking for is a mood lift and energy lift and classic warm opiate feeling I do not wanna nod or be wasted on them. Potentiation could be a Avenue I could try but I would like to go about it as safely as possible.

Hmmm. :unsure: Gauging Kratom potency can be quite a crap shoot sadly enough but anecdotally from personal experience I would have to guess that your tolerance has gone up quite a bit. When my wife took similar doses for a period of time it was the one thing that did increase her tolerance. I can't directly equate doses as she's not a fan of oxycodone but by comparing potency numbers of various other opioids I would go ahead & say that the increases you're suggesting seem a bit low. To be perfectly honest I would hazard a guess that you will need to increase your dose by a good amount more than 2.5mgs. I would try at least 15 if not 20mg. As an aside I can't really come up with an exact number for comparison purposes but I would be willing to throw out a "guesstimate". I would guesstimate that 5 grams of decent Kratom would be = to at least 20mg of oxycodone if not more. Again these numbers could vary by the strain (red generally having stronger opioid effects than other strains to the best of my knowledge) & also can vary from batch to batch but based on past experience if the Kratom is decent quality I would put 5 grams at an equivalent rate of at least 20mg of oxycodone. If I think about it I would be inclined to say that if the Kratom in question is of good quality 5 grams would likely be a decent more than 20mg. I'm relatively experienced with Kratom but it has been quite some time since I used it myself. My tolerance is far to high for it to the best of my knowledge. Though it's been quite some time I find my tolerance doesn't really go down by much regardless of time frames but I digress.

Considering the amount of Kratom that you are able to consume I would be inclined to say you're perfectly safe to increase the dose until you get where you want to be. Is there a reason you can't take a dose & add to it if it's not quite enough? I know that taking the dose all at once is ideal but depending on one's particular body chemistry it seems to me that oxycodone has a quick enough onset time that you may be able to take a dose & take more if it's not enough? I know that doesn't work for everyone though. Kratom is quite variable though. IIRC back when I was using Kratom I started out at 5-7 grams 2-3 times daily. My recollection is quite hazy but IIRC I would take at least 30-40mg oxycodone for a similar effect for referene. Honestly I'm having a really hard time coming up with a good number. The more I've looked into you're question & spoken to others the more I see a large degree of variability sadly enough. :\

I'm sorry I haven't been able to come up with a better answer. I hadn't expected to get such a wide range of answers in terms of how potent Kratom is vs oxycodone. It seems to me that I can summarize what I've found into the following statements. Basically the conclusion would be that chances are your tolerance is quite a bit higher than what it used to be due to Kratom consumption. As a result you will likely need to increase your dose by more than 2.5mg. I would go ahead & say that such a small increase will likely be a waste. I would suggest you increase by at least 5mg. Honestly based on your Kratom doses I would guess you're going to need to increase by at least 10mg if not a good degree more to get were you want to be. I know you mentioned being sensitive & worrying about falling asleep / OD or what not but with the doses mentioned it doesn't appear you would have anything to worry about. With the doses of Kratom you've taken it doesn't appear that the doses that have been suggested (20-30mg) are of any risk to you. I would consider going with a dose in that range. At worst you might get feel like shit if you take to much but I don't see those doses as likely to produce much in the way of risk. If your not comfortable with increasing your dose by so much all at once as I mentioned perhaps you can try a certain dose & add more until you get where you want to be? Since you mentioned being very sensitive & prone to worrying about respiration issues you could try that method so you would have a better idea of your tolerance for your future doses. As I said I have no clue as to your supply of oxycodone but if you have the supply the method I suggested would allow you to gauge your tolerance for future usage.

Either way I hope the input provided in this thread has been of some use to you. I'm sorry I wasn't able to give you an exact answer though. Here's hoping things work out well for you & you enjoy your oxycodone. :)