• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Snorting technique.

dont smoke powdered heroin I cant believe the amount of misinformation out there

snorting heroin is a waste?

YOURE a waste

god damn eho you gonna believe some tweaker or someone who actually fucking does the shit

assuming you dont IV, either eat meth or smoke it.

snorting METH will lead to more problems than it is worth. you get high off less by SMOKING it. you just want to redose more so it's a wash really

damn Other Drugs is a fucking minefield of bullshit I swear

It's entirely down to personal preference whether you snort/smoke/eat drugs. In general smoking drugs is least efficient in % delivered to the blood (due to some being destroyed by heat etc) but smoked drugs reach peak brain concentrations even faster than IV, so people who like a "rush" will prefer that.

There's no reason you can't snort meth, or smoke heroin, if that's what you want to do... in general snorting drugs is a fast enough method to get them absorbed & sent to your brain, and pretty efficient too.

snort meth long enough and your nose is history. just look at meth itself, its a bunch of little GLASS-LIKE crystals. would you smash a mirror and snort the fragments? nosebleed city

I say smoking heroin is a waste of time because it takes a lot of things going exactly right just to get a shitty buzz off it. snorting is a lot less prone to failure. you inhale up your nose, and thats it

snort meth long enough and your nose is history. just look at meth itself, its a bunch of little GLASS-LIKE crystals. would you smash a mirror and snort the fragments? nosebleed city

I say smoking heroin is a waste of time because it takes a lot of things going exactly right just to get a shitty buzz off it. snorting is a lot less prone to failure. you inhale up your nose, and thats it
Smoking H has always worked fine for me, I usually get greyish to brown rock, but sometimes powder mixed in too, in my experience the powder smokes exactly the same as the rock.

I think it just effects everyone in different ways, people get used to and have their preferred ROA after awhile.

Like Ive said before, Ive smoked many a batches of rock and powder dope and can regularly still feel the pain relieving effects up to 6-7 hours later! My connection tends to be pretty consistent in the type and quality of dope they get...in about 3-4 years, Iv only gotten different stuff 1-2 times, that stuff had to be snorted, aas when I tried to fire it up, it was a VERY nasty taste, and didnt really turn black, it was yellowish clear kind of waxy material left on the foil, it worked fine when snorting though. They told me they thought it had been cut with Xanax.

I agree, but I think in the case of BTH non-IV users are better off smoking than trying to make a liquid solution for nasal use.

I agree with the "snort gently" approach. You don't wanna breathe the shit...you want it in the membranes .

I agree with the "snort gently" approach. You don't wanna breathe the shit...you want it in the membranes .

I second this. I think the term 'snorting' is quite misleading to those who are new to it, since it implies a hard and fast approach. Which is why I prefer to say 'insufflation'.

Inhale slowly and smoothly. Divvy it up into several lines if necessary.

snorting H is a huge waist, even if its good quailty ud at most get 30%. Id at least try to smoke ir

Snorting heroin is a waste. Thats what they do in jail. Snorting meth how exactly are you counting the mgs? Is it adderall or crystal meth? Im a tweaker. I prefer snorting simply cuz i have to smoke a lot tGet high. I had this problem a few days ago and i found out the batch was bunk. When you get high on meth its a matter of quality. And if you been tweaking for awhile you arent gonna feel the same rush. It will keep getting weaker. And meth burns your nose man. Its not coke. No matter how much you chop it up, its gonna burn. Just take it easy on the lines or your septum will either get holes, thin out, fall apart.

I wouldn't say that snorting heroin is a waste. I did it that way for years before switching to IVing it, and I still know people that are still sniffing it after doing it for a while. If your tolerance allows you to get high from sniffing it then I don't see an issue with doing that.

In terms of the meth, it wore off. But the damage done to my mouth is gonna be there a while. Probably the last time I'm gonna do meth, I can't imagine what the comedown would have been like if I got high enough to actually enjoy it.

Yeah, I don't miss those comedowns at all. I sometimes wonder if cns withdrawal is worse than having to crash from meth. Both equally horrible to go through.
Worst was deciding to come down, taking valium, then taking more meth after the valium. what a mess, not knowing which way I would be by the end of the night…
I never wanted to sleep it off..

I hope your mouth is on the mend soon.

Last edited:
Ok, I don't know about heroin personally,
I won't discuss quantities as that is entirely up to you, your experience and the quality of the product.
but my advice is the same for anything you want to snort.
get about half a teaspoon of sugar, crush it in a bowl with the back of the spoon until its powder. only keep the amount you need, put the rest in a coffee. you are aiming for a 50/50 weight, even a bit more sugar if you like - it will not affect the product you are using, more or less sugar does not affect the caffeine levels in your coffee.
put the sugar aside and then crush the chemical of choice with the spoon. once it is powder form, combine with the sugar and mix through.
make several lines instead of one or two big ones.
the result is; same amount of chemical, with a bit of sucrose - stops the burn, makes it easier on the sinuses and the post-nasal drip is pleasant.
the sugar is also hygroscopic (absorbs water) which keeps everything feeling moist, clear and fresh instead of burning and watery eyes.

you mentioned weight and my consideration is this. yes, size does have an influence on metabolic rate, but as far as what you are taking, its targeting the brain... most brains are very close in weight. the high hits the brain, the comedown is driven by your body. healthy body = healthy come down. hydrate yourself to minimise withdrawal.
please be aware, Meth is FAT-SOLUBLE meaning your body absorbs some of it. chronic use will cause a toxic build up.
A bigger point is that you are mixing an opiate and a stimulant, they really cancel out each other, but introduce other risks, like masking acute health issues, signals from your body saying 'enough'
also, don't do it alone, particulary if its a new delivery method, product, batch or source.
I'm aware this is an old thread, but hope anyone new to this finds my info helpful.
Cheers,

Aussie