• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking marijuana after not smoking for a long time

In the last 8 months ive smoked almost everyday... a lot everyday, 1-2grams approximately. This is the first break i have taken from smoking weed and cigarettes. Its been 5 days since ive smoked, and im planning on taking two more days off. The nicotine withdrawl has been the worst part of it, im not entirely sure why i stopped smoking everything for a week, i think i just wanted to see if i could cope with it.

You will notice lowered tolerance after a week or two of not smoking. When I went on a road trip into the mountians last summer, I had over an oz and couldn't smoke one bit of it because my girlfriends grandma was on th trip with us. But anyways I couldn't smoke for about 2 weeks, then I couldn't stand any longer and went out into the bush with my blow torch. Had a nice hot knive session in the mountians ;)

lmfao ive seen the knife thing done...but i dont think id ever try it...call me mr Clumsy lmfao id end up burning my self or dropping the weed :(

My tolerance never goes up.

I haven't smoked in 2 months and it'll still take me just as many hits to get high as it would if i were smoking everyday. The difference is I'm much less retarded when I'm used to the high as opposed to when I start up after a long break.

lmfao ive seen the knife thing done...but i dont think id ever try it...call me mr Clumsy lmfao id end up burning my self or dropping the weed :(

ya me neither. worse case scenario i'd make an aluminum foil bowl or roll a joint/blunt with whatever paper available.

I've been meaning to take a break but it's so hard since my friend always brings a joint for us almost everyday.

I stopped smoking for about a year (I simply lost interest in it, but I started again). The first time I smoked after that year long break, it was great.

My tolerance never goes up.

I haven't smoked in 2 months and it'll still take me just as many hits to get high as it would if i were smoking everyday. The difference is I'm much less retarded when I'm used to the high as opposed to when I start up after a long break.
Honestly the first 6-8 months of "heavy smoking", I was super ripped from a pipe rip or two every couple of days, and would regularly pass out after smoking at a friends house. They considered this hilarious and I was ultimately envied for having a high sensitivity to weed and a tolerance that never went up.

I considered this "heavy usage" at the time.

Well eventually I got a job, started buying bigger sacks and whatnot, moved to a place where weed and hash was 1/4 as cheap. A year or so goes by of smoking everyday, and I'm talking the dankety. At first I hit up the local dispensary but then I found myself getting really good deals on hash products off the books.

I said to myself hey holy crap I'm smoking a half oz of hash in less than two weeks.. and by the end I'm smoking bowl after bowl of that shit, it still gets me high but not longer for more than an hour...

I took a 6-week break and proceeded to take another hash bong hit, and was in my top 5 most stoned moments. That night I only had one hit and I passed out a few hours after, while stuffing my face with everything in my reach =) My tolerance never again reached the peak it had when I was smoking copious amounts of hash constantly, and nowadays I'll have a nice FAT snap every day or two that will get me high for a good while. It's not as intense as after that break but I wouldn't be able to occasionally toke and do schoolwork if it was.

Breaks are amazing.

Going back to smoking with little or no tolerance is amazinglier !!

hey guys...new here but...i moved to Jacksonville NC from NH and i havnt been able to find ANY weed here so i guess i had to go from smoking 1/8 a day to nothing at all for TWO YEARS and i recently took a trip back up to NH and omg 1 blunt between me and a friend got me ripped...i mean more stoned then i have EVER been in my life...i must say...taking breaks is amazing...but now that im back in NC i want more >.<

lol damn man personally I wouldn't want to take a 2 year break....I don't think that's amazingg.

to be honest...i go buy smokes and go home...not to good with the whole "crowd" scene know what i mean? idk...i dropped out when i was 16 and i just have a hard time meeting people...so my house is where i stay...hopefully moving back to NH so i can smoke again :) oh and see my friends and what not :p but more perferably...smoking :p 8)

but yeah man if you wanna see your friends thats one thing but if you wanna move just to smoke...i bet there is so much fuckin weed right under your nose, your next door neighbor is probably lighting up a joint as we speak. Just set aside 1 day and tell you self I am goin to find some weed today.

I usually just get connects through friends but when I first moved to Jersey City all my connects were abotu 15mi away in my old town...which aint a big deal but I like havin local people you know.

I just went to the corner store and was talkin on the phone waiting for someone to buy a dutch, when they bought a dutch I would say some shit in to the phone like "yeah I am tryin to grab a dub from him but he aint pickin up"

I am guessin maybe I got lucky but, the first dude who I do this to over hears me talk about weed and says yo man i dont got it on me but take my # I always got haze..so I took his num.

I do the same thing again when the next dude is buyin a dutch like 5 minutes later, he goes yo man you lookin for smoke? then I bought 2 dimes that were pretty decent and got his #.

So for the past few weeks I been hittin up the 1st guy and hes been deliverin for me...I havnt met up with the 2nd guy (the guy who actually hooked me up on the spot ) again. I still got my weight connects and real good connects in my home town but its nice to have locals

Anyway that long ass post was just to say...its easy to find weed.

I dunno if there is any dope scene in your town, but if there is look for some junkies and they will lead you to treasure.

Last edited:
lol @ "find some junkies they will lead you to treasure" but yea im just shy when it comes to that shit i guess >.<

I have to c my P.O. every two months so I get to smoke for six weeks and then quit for 2 weeks so I can clean out for the piss test. that first bowl of chronic after two weeks of waiting is fuckin win. I'm gonnna miss it when I get off probation in January cuz I will more than likely go back to being an everyday,all day smoker.

I smoked daily for 6 years or so then took a year break, mainly as it got me too paranoid after ODing and having a seizure, having to get put back to life after temporarily 'dying' and I have always been paranoid anyway, sincee a young age.

But anyway, the first smoke after that break was fucking magic. No paranoia or anxiety, just absolute golden euphoria, during June of this year (couple days after my bday) on a beautiful summer's day. Now im back on it constantly and it aint the same...more headfucky and mongy than the clean euphoric high you get when you dont abuse.

I had to take a 2 month break last year due to testing by my school. It sucked at first but by the end i felt a lot more clear headed and better. Got my card though and got out of testing and the first time i smoked i went to a dispensary. They offered me a rip of c02 extracted hash oil and not taking into account i hadnt smoked in 2 months and never smoked hash oil in my life, I took it happily. Holy shit was I baked, i think that's defintely the highest i've ever been in my life. I haven't taken a break since then but most of the time if i dont smoke for a day I get more blazed than usual

Lol wtf is the op a troll or just a uninformed noob! Obviously when you do not smoke for awhile and then you do smoke it gets you higher that is called "Tolerance" it's an inevitable fact in life like "gravity" and it goes for all drugs.

You feel so much better as well when you take breaks. New years is coming up though so a bit hard at this time of year