• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking marijuana after not smoking for a long time

thelung

Bluelighter
Taking a break from marijuana smoking can make smoking so much better! You actually get *really* stoned off just a couple of hits instead of smoking an entire bowl and just kinda getting a little baked.

Recently I've been re-introduced to the world of marijuana! I am an MMT client, my clinic doesn't test for THC/marijuana, so that is a plus.

So if you've been an every day smoker for a while, I would recommend that you take a break for say a week, then that first bong toke or whatever will get you so ripped you won't know what hit you! a-ha! 8o

you mean like a tolerance break or something? thats the craziest thing i've ever heard of.

totally agree!!! I'm currently one of my regular breaks from (all drugs) and although I do miss weed and my favorite psychedelics something special come from actually forgetting what it feels like to be high and then 2+ months later smoking for the first time and then remembering what it was like the first time you got high.

I've always found it takes longer than a week for your tolerance to go down any significant amount. my breaks are usually 6-10 weeks. no weed no booze no nuthin'!!

using drugs constantly (in my opinion) risks losing appreciation for how sick they truly are!

i always say nows the time to take a break but only manage 2-3 days max! i wonder what a month or two would do for my tolerence and probley health :\

man i haven't had a smoke in over a month due to me having no connection and busy with school. spring break is next week. im looking forward to that %)

My tolerance break comes from a backlog of coursework. Regretablly, I simply cannot smoke everyday anymore.

I agree that a break is important to separate yourself from a psychological dependency... On the other end, though, I miss smoking every goddamn day of the week. At least I have the weekends and spring break.

15 days so far. :)

First week SUCKED but it gets better from there. I don't get cravings or anything anymore and my appetite is finally back. Opiates definitely help. ;)

i've been on house arrest now for almost a month so im looking forward to getting re-aquainted with MJ. my whole family unanimously agrees that me and MJ are not a good combination and that the affets of the vaporized bud sabotage my goals in life. im 27 and have been down some rough roads in life but i believe that my difficulty in making good decissions stems from my upbringing where i was exposed to alot of b.s. that stunted my personal growth. any way this time around im going to try and quaify for a cannabiss card because i sincerely believe i have a condition that using MJ would help.

I've smoked for 2 years .

In my first year I noticed after a while my high wouldn't be nearly asstrong and not as long .
So i took a 8week break .
I smoked up at the end if that 8weeks and wow I was blaaaaazed !!!

6 months along the line I've smoke at least 4times a week an I still haven't developed a tolerance . It's weird . Smoking for 6months nearly everyday of the week and only a little bit of tolerance. Like I still get fkin high from 1 bowl

What?! Sometimes people take breaks from smoking and then start again later to reduce tolerance?!

Sorry dude. I couldn't help it. Tolerance breaks are one of the most mentioned thing in this forum. And they are awesome. I'm glad you noticed how badass they are, and I wish you pleasant smoking :)

hey guys...new here but...i moved to Jacksonville NC from NH and i havnt been able to find ANY weed here so i guess i had to go from smoking 1/8 a day to nothing at all for TWO YEARS and i recently took a trip back up to NH and omg 1 blunt between me and a friend got me ripped...i mean more stoned then i have EVER been in my life...i must say...taking breaks is amazing...but now that im back in NC i want more >.<

hey guys...new here but...i moved to Jacksonville NC from NH and i havnt been able to find ANY weed here so i guess i had to go from smoking 1/8 a day to nothing at all for TWO YEARS and i recently took a trip back up to NH and omg 1 blunt between me and a friend got me ripped...i mean more stoned then i have EVER been in my life...i must say...taking breaks is amazing...but now that im back in NC i want more >.<

Over the course of 2 years you couldn't find a connect? Damn dude, how often do you leave your house?

I often go a few weeks between. Get totally what-the-fuck-is-happening-and-what-am-I fuuuuucked up.

Pretty easy on the wallet too :D

True that, especially in relation to weed!

Although for me a couple of weeks feels like enough to "return to the innocence" ;)

Over the course of 2 years you couldn't find a connect? Damn dude, how often do you leave your house?

to be honest...i go buy smokes and go home...not to good with the whole "crowd" scene know what i mean? idk...i dropped out when i was 16 and i just have a hard time meeting people...so my house is where i stay...hopefully moving back to NH so i can smoke again :) oh and see my friends and what not :p but more perferably...smoking :p 8)

im also on MMT, and ive been smoking everyday for 4-5 years, and i still get retardedly stonned everytime i smoke, but that probably has to do wit the fact that i live in toronto canada n get my hands on some of the highest quality/potent strains available.

* get better weed.

^ LOL glad to know you get retardedly stoned still...how do you know the people above dont have "Better Weed" lmao...ignorace.