• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Smoking Heroin Megathread v. Like Chasing a Dragon

"Chasing the dragon" is an art for sure...whoever said that nailed it. If you don't know what you're doing, your shit will go up in smoke so quickly and you'll be left with a piece of burnt foil. My DOC is crack (I do not get all geeked out and act like an idiot when smoking crack; I am a grown woman and you will not find me crawling around on the floor praying I will find something), so I put my dope right on top of my chore in the crack pipe. Fire it up - SLOWLY!!! - and there you have it...warm and fuzzy and all better...
I did crack for many years and never thought to use my pipe to smoke my dope. Wouldn’t it ruin your chore, tho? Then you’d have to swap that chore out for another one when you wanted to use the pipe for crack again

It is a huge waste. The best way to smoke tar H is via a dab rig or other devices used to smoke weed oil

Even tho I've had a long and sordid affair with multiple drug classes, I always felt injection was a dangerous line to cross in terms of disease and health risk and managed to avoid it.

Truth be told I was shot up 3 times in moments of weakness but twice I was on benzos and fortunately have no memory of the pleasure and the third time I immediately lost consciousness so same result. Not having an amazing memory of banging keeps me safer than I otherwise would be.
Jesus :/ shooting up blacked out on benzos. You're lucky to be alive man! I'm glad you're able to stick to other ROAs hahaha. Just plugged for the first time, as you suggested.... Likening it so far :) a little messy getting that thing in the poop shoot though

Of course you can, it's just a matter of how well a particular type is suited to a particular ROA. Black tar is the most crudely processed and contains many insoluble particulates. It needs the addition of an acidifying agent and the application of heat to make it into an injectable solution. #3 or brown powder heroin (the type I'm used to) also requires that method, plus is equally good for both smoking and snorting. #4 (the white stuff) is the most highly refined and pure form, and soluble in water on its own, therefore is most commonly injected.

By the way as you're young, and only got into it not that long ago, I'd really, REALLY advise you not to get started on a needle habit. It comes with a massively increased risk of infections and overdose. Not to mention that from an habituation point of view is much easier to get 'stuck' on than any of the other ROAs. It's much better to not get into a mess in the first place than having to dig yourself out of a massive shitheap of your own making.
Yeah I am steering clear of the needle for as long as I can, it's just so annoying having an opioid tolerance at this point. I've been using kratom, tramadol and hydros pretty consistently for years up until my heroin use.... I will probably ask my parents for help, or rehab, soon if I can't kick all these drugs myself, ad they still don't know Abt my use. life seems to have no substance without substances anymore though

life seems to have no substance without substances anymore though
MAJOR red flag man!!

I'm usually an advocate for moderation (if manageable), since I don't think it needs to be 100% addiction vs. 100% abstinence everytime as these 2 diametrically opposed options, because NEITHER clinical observation nor individual trajectories NOR my own personal experience bear this out.

But you sound fixated as hell and absolutely need to break it off for your own good right now.

You have my best.