• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking cigs after smoking weed: Does it intensify/lesson the effects of weed?

Thug Love said:
smoke a few bowls, light up a marb smooth and your set nigga

I'm more of a Newport fan myself, I don't like the fact that my cigarette taste like a peppermint stick haha

I wouldn't say that it increases the high in any way. Its more or less a habit of mine. I need nicotine after I smoke weed, it's just how its always been and probably how it always will be.

If its not a menthol cig, i would rather fiend.

Ah, that makes me miss Alabama

lacey k said:
We always used to have the automatic habit of a newport right after smokin. firs thting you do after you smoke a bowl. light up a port. shit just goes together right.

together, nasty. you gotta smoke your weed then light up your cigarette right after, its liek 2 connected actions. and fuck non menthol.

Damn, that just made me miss the hell out of the south. It was fucking mandatory after a smoke session to light up a Newport.

"it's motherfuckin' Newport time!"

:( Ever since I moved to SoCal, I've had to switch brands after seeing that Newport's are fucking over five dollars a pack out here.

And on the actual subject of this thread: I find that smoking a cigarette after blazing just makes the high feel complete.

like the majority of people posting on this thread, for me smoking a cig after smoking weed is like adding butter to toast. you just enjoy that great feeling of intense warmth and satisfaction

Xevro said:
i dont smoke smokes,.

Wow, thanks for your valuable input there, buddy.

I definitely notice an effect, and in my experience, there is definitely a more pronounced effect with menthols.

That's the reason I use menthol tobacco when I'm rolling a joint, because compared to normal tobacco, it does seem to get me twice as ripped.

I find it intensifies it for a short period, but also shortens the actual weed high.

Also fuck mixes. What is up with that? Is it because your weed isn't that strong? Too cheap to pack all greens? Or just prefer the high with a mix? To each their own I guess. I find life is better with out tobacco altogether, shit is nasty and smells gross.

i always gotta have a newport after smoking a blunt. its the best =].

I think its just when you're high you enjoy tobacco smoke even more or something, I'll smoke a black when I'm done smoking and they taste really good.

I dunno the effects of a cig seem some what more enjoyable when high, but then again everything is lol.

there might be synergy....... all I can say is that ziggies taste AWFUL after fnishing a joint and yet I'm addicted to doing exactly that since a friend introduced me to the European habit of mixing weed and tobacco.
Every since, physical addiction to nicotine which I struggle to revert.

I'm against anti-smoking laws, but tobacco is a stupid, cost/INeffective drug.

yes you can say it intensifies the effect of weed (not as much as if you just smoked more weed!) but is it really worth t he trade-off?

NerdOnDrugs said:
I've found that smoking a cig after smoking a small/moderate amount of weed will lesson the effects of weed, but smoking a cig after smoking a large amount of weed will intensify the buzz.

But I honestly am not sure, because I have nothing to compare it to because I've never gone more than 30 minutes to have a cig after smoking weed for the 2 years.

I tend to agree with this. I hate smoking schwag with a passion (yet I compulsively do if that's all that I can find), and when I do, smoking a cigarette just makes me wonder if I'm high at all. This is a good thing, 'cause schwag doesn't really produce a "high" for me -- smoking tons of it is not at all comparable to smoking the equivalent of better weed. But even smoking a small amount of headies seems to be negated by smoking a cigarette.

While extremely high on headies, however, I like smoking cigarettes because they are thoroughly enjoyable. It makes me feel like I did when I first started smoking --I probably smoke 1 pack/day now. It's quite literally a buzz in the sense that I feel a pleasant pulsating sensation and heightened alertness, whereas smoking cigarettes alone just makes me feel normal again. Plus, I really like the feeling that a cigarette lasts 15 minutes when it's really only 5 :)

In my opinion, nicotene synergizes with most anything in the right amounts.

If your not used to it, it can make you feel sick. But if you are used to it, its always that extra boost for me.

smoking a cig after smoking hash oil will get me MUCH MORE thrashed than only smoking hash oil...

when i first started to have a cig after the green it was great, but as time went by it started to suck until the point where i dont like it anymore.. i cant even feel the cig lol

once that headrush stops coming you're on the road to addiction, nicotine-wise

Transdermal nicotine alters some of marihuana's effects in male and female volunteers

Transdermal nicotine alters some of marihuana's effects in male and female volunteers

David M. Penetar, Elena M. Kouri, Michelle M. Gross, Elissa M. McCarthy, Christina K. Rhee, Erica N. Peters and Scott E. Lukas

Behavioral Psychopharmacology Research Laboratory, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School, 115 Mill Street, Belmont, MA 02478, USA

Received 8 October 2004; revised 19 January 2005; accepted 27 January 2005. Available online 4 March 2005.

Abstract

Despite the fact that tobacco and marihuana are often used together, relatively little is known about the effects of this combination. In order to investigate the effects of the principal psychoactive component in tobacco smoke, nicotine, on marihuana-induced intoxication, we conducted a double blind, cross-over experiment using nicotine transdermal patches. Ten male and 10 female participants received either placebo or a 21 mg transdermal nicotine patch 4 h before smoking one of two marihuana cigarettes (1.99 or 3.51% delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ9 THC) content). Measurements of physiological activity (heart rate, blood pressure, and skin temperature) and subjective effects (self-reports of drug effects on visual analog scales (VAS) and the Addiction Research Center Inventory (ARCI)) were made periodically before and for 3 h after smoking. Nicotine pre-treatment enhanced several responses to marihuana, in particular, heart rate, reports of “stimulated” on the visual analog scales, and scores on the Amphetamine scale of the ARCI. Male participants reported a more pronounced effect of marihuana that persisted longer than that of the female participants. Compared to the male participants, female participants experienced an attenuated response to marihuana and were less affected by the drug combination. The results of this study show that nicotine can have an important influence on the subjective and physiological effects of smoked marihuana. These effects have implications for the safety and efficacy of marihuana smokers who are self-medicating with the nicotine transdermal patch to manage their tobacco dependence.

Last edited:
It is just nasty to me...the cigarette taste is so gross when combined with cotton-mouth.