• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Sleep Paralysis and DMT

Seriously guys, I don't wanna start insulting anyone, but read my fucking post about fucking obe's for christ's sake.
You keep writing how scary sp is for you and I'm presenting you the solution on a golden tray, the key to an absolutely stunning experience that you're only one step away from. Instead of trying to utilize your exceptional gift (of getting into the sp state without actually working on while hundreds or thousands of other peope are desperately trying to reach the same state with all kinds of exercises), you keep ignoring my post. :(

We all know the role DMT plays in NDE's
no, we don't
and the people who propose those hypothesis don't know or pretend to either (the ones who are worth being mentioned). they only propose
I liked it because it meant intense dreams,
in my case, although elements of dream still interfere with what i believe is real, i feel pretty much awake, in my bed, eyes closed, trying to open them but unable to

and i had understood that this was the definition of sleep paralysis

and in this case, there is not place for intense (as in crazy, different) dreams
the dream parts are such as as believing that someone is opening your door although there's no one

how are your intense dreams linked to sleep paralysis?

personnaly i don't see any connection between dmt and SP
only that in both cases you're not in control of your body while at some points being aware of elements of the "awake world". no mental similarity

vegan said:
no, we don't
and the people who propose those hypothesis don't know or pretend to either (the ones who are worth being mentioned). they only propose
Finally someone says this. It might sound nice for some, but imho it's just a cheap attempt of putting more meaning into a drug, that is just that - a drug (that might be produced in our brain as well, I give you that).
Just like acid hasn't saved humanity from it's downfall so far, dmt isn't the missing link between the realms of the living and the dead. :D Eventhough we'd like to see it that way.

crOOk said:
Seriously guys, I don't wanna start insulting anyone, but read my fucking post about fucking obe's for christ's sake.
You keep writing how scary sp is for you and I'm presenting you the solution on a golden tray, the key to an absolutely stunning experience that you're only one step away from. Instead of trying to utilize your exceptional gift (of getting into the sp state without actually working on while hundreds or thousands of other peope are desperately trying to reach the same state with all kinds of exercises), you keep ignoring my post. :(

Maybe people just find it hard to let go of the fear... it's a pretty intense experience that you're suddenly thrust into out of nowhere. I doubt it has anything to do with ignoring you.

vegan said:
and in this case, there is not place for intense (as in crazy, different) dreams
the dream parts are such as as believing that someone is opening your door although there's no one

how are your intense dreams linked to sleep paralysis?

personnaly i don't see any connection between dmt and SP
only that in both cases you're not in control of your body while at some points being aware of elements of the "awake world". no mental similarity

I never said DMT has anything to do with it (perhaps you were directing that at someone else). And when I say intense dreams and SP are linked for me, I mean that on nights when I have sleep paralysis, I have super intense dreams that are indistinguishable from reality, or I can tell they're lucid dreams but I can't get out of them, and curiously they always involve the end of the world. I don't have the dreams during the SP, I have them after or between, sometimes more than one. Normally I do not really remember my dreams and if I do, it's as if I am remembering brief flashes of something like I was told a story, rather than actually feeling that I have experienced a dream personally. I have had 3 dreams total about experiencing the enhd of the world, and one in which I awoke into a fully immersive and convincing alternate realityy (dream described here).

crOOk said:

The next time I find myself in a SP episode, I'm definitely going to try and calm down, and flow with it. Work a little more with the state of mind rather than fighting it. Actually, I'm pretty excited about this. I just wish now that I got them more often; I've only gotten a few in my entire life. It could be months until I get another episode.

Oh yeah... I forgot to mention one other thing in my previous post. One time, I was somehow caught in a SP episode as I was rolling over in my bed, and my face was in the pillow. For quite awhile (at least 30 seconds or so), I was paralyzed, unable to roll over to lift my face from the pillow. I think that after I really started panicking, my brain jolted itself out of the state as a survival mechanism (I don't think that you can ever suffocate to death this way). Very scary, nonetheless.

Xorkoth said:
And when I say intense dreams and SP are linked for me, I mean that on nights when I have sleep paralysis, I have super intense dreams that are indistinguishable from reality, or I can tell they're lucid dreams but I can't get out of them…I don't have the dreams during the SP, I have them after or between, sometimes more than one. Normally I do not really remember my dreams and if I do, it's as if I am remembering brief flashes of something like I was told a story, rather than actually feeling that I have experienced a dream personally.

This is very similar to my experience with sleep paralysis. I'm also an insomniac, though :\ Personally, in terms of links between SP and drug use, I have experienced it most frequently after LSD, or MDXX.