⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Six Feet Under

Originally posted by fruitfly
^ omg, seeing Keith catch that football right before he dies? I was in SOBS, not just tears ... I'm still pissed about the way Keith dies.

I watched it for the 3rd time last night. My husband missed it and we got it on demand. I also HATE the way Keith died, But Alan Ball seems like the type of writer that wants to insert the horror of everyday violence into his shows. Keith's chosen profession it puts him at risk for a violent death.When Keith was a cop he could have died the same way.Only good thing was that the writers let Keith live a longer life.
Six Feet Under has the most talented bunch of writing I have ever seen. I'm willing to bet we'll never see a show like that EVER again.It's simply brilliant.I'm so bummed out it's over. My only consolation is repeats and On Demand.

Patty

sorry if someone already answered this, but what was clair tripping on at nates funeral? She licks some baggie full of powder....just some generic RC?

also.........i was tearing up when they showed the clip of nate when he was yuong and he was listening to nirvana "all apologies." getting high and telling clair that kurt cobain died.............

I ALSO think the show should have JUST ended with nate dying, that was so dramatic. The two episodes after that were meant for closure were kinda pointless IMO.

cravNbeets said:
didnt anyone else think that the scene where david confronted his kidnapper was incredibly fucking lame? cartoonish/slasher-movie lame. that was my favorite episode ever and it was reduced to an action sequence and some totally wack special fx.....

It didn't really detract at all for me. I took it basically as the representation that David's real demon was his own self-loathing.

Just fyi, the track in the closing sequence was "Breathe Me" by Sia. :)

I would just like to say that Six Feet Under is the best show Ive ever seen. Its so real I sometimes have to remind myself its only a show. I just watched the first 4 seasons in a week long marathon for the umpteenth time. I hope someone gets me season 5 on DVD for my birthday.

Sadly missed

This is also my favourite programmes of all time. Every single one of the actors are extremely talented. Lauren Ambrose is by far one of my favourites though. I think she partly drew me in because I have a lot in common with the character, especially in her way of thinking. But most of all it was the way she could express so much just by using her face. Incredible.
I also had the pleasure of seeing her in the Sam Shepard play, Buried Child, a few years back. And I can tell you she's every bit as talented and gorgeous as she appears to be in SFU. She's a lot taller than you would imagine though.

As for the finale. Pfff. I so didn't need to see that last 5 or 10 minutes. I felt so cheated. It would have been better if they let us imagine what would happen next. We could kind of finish it off in whatever way we wanted to in our heads. Now all we're left with is that image of Brenda in that lame gray wig!.
Anyway, it was the right time for it to finish. Not that it wasn't good anymore. But all good things must come to an end.

My only hope is that the actors involved will go on to do great things and get the success they deserve. Especially Lauren, Frances Conroy (Ruth), Patricia Clarkson (Ruth's sister Sarah) and my other favourite Ed O'Ross (Nickolie...(sp?).

I miss this show already :(

The only actor from this show who I see anywhere is Rainn Wilson (the guy who played Arthur, the creepy apprentice who had an affair with Ruth), playing Dwight Schrute on The Office. He is hilarious in that role :)

tribal girl said:
My only hope is that the actors involved will go on to do great things and get the success they deserve. Especially Lauren, Frances Conroy (Ruth), Patricia Clarkson (Ruth's sister Sarah) and my other favourite Ed O'Ross (Nickolie...(sp?).

all of those actors are incredibly accomplished, particularly frances conroy. i miss this show too much. ownevership of season 5 is crucial. i've revisited all the episodes at least once :)

Six Feet Under: The Complete Series (10/31/06)

Just thought I'd pass on this phenomenal news and let everyone know...

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6095

Streeting Oct. 31 is Six Feet Under: The Complete Series ($279.99). The elaborately packaged set includes all five seasons of the Emmy Award-winning show, boxed in burial-plot-themed packaging.

The set also features new bonus footage, including “The Book of Obituaries”, which includes obits for the eight main characters with photos and a family tree. Also included are two soundtrack CDs containing music aired during the show’s run from such artists as PJ Harvey, Zero 7, Sia, Coldplay, Nina Simone, Radiohead and Death Cab for Cutie.

sixfeetunder.jpg

Oh man... I couldn't be more excited. I was THIS close to buying the season sets seperately, I've been telling myself for the past year HBO would be crazy NOT to release this complete set. Now my prayers are answered. I will welcome this set into my home like a new child.

My favorite of anything in any form of media. Television, book, film, music, radio... anything. Simply a divine and brilliant show.

Thank you thank you thank you HBO and Alan Ball for creating this amazing, brilliant work of art.

^That looks really cool :D . Tho I already have the complete series on DVD. How could you have waited so long? =D . The only thing with those box sets tho, is that they can't fit on your bloody shelf!.

^lol.

I must have seen the pilot eppisode alone around 10 times. It's just pure genius. And another one of my favourites is eppisode 3 in season 1-'The Foot'.

i am a six feet under addict. i saw all four seasons in two days basically and i need season five! i am going through withdrawl!

I just recently saw the finale.

UNFUCKING BELIEVIABLE!!!!!!!!!!!

BEST SHOW EVER!!!

I'm still in tears:( :( :(

This show changed my life:)

staticofheaven said:
i am a six feet under addict. i saw all four seasons in two days basically and i need season five!
51 one-hour episodes in only 48 hours? that's incredible :)

alasdair

And to add,

What I loved about the show is that there was a lot of commentary on social issues:

Drugs, abortion, homosexuality, same-sex marriage, death, suicide, war, capitalism, racism, love, and of course death.

The finale was awasome cause it incorporated a lot of these issues in just 75 mins.

I believe I had a lot in common with David and Ruth's characters... and I saw some of my mistake in life in them and I'm trying everyday to correct some of my behaviour

My favourite 2 episodes were: Ecotone( cause Nate's death was just so damn surreal, ) and of course the finale(Everyone is waiting).

Oh, and I think David and Keith's adopted young son turning out to be gay and brining his lover to Clair's wedding was cute:)

The last six minute of the finale:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWdYMuo3_B4

^Nup, that last six minutes spoilt everything for me. I would have prefered to have used my imagination and guess what would have happend to the characters. I just thought that cheapend the whole thing somehow :\

tribal girl said:
^Nup, that last six minutes spoilt everything for me. I would have prefered to have used my imagination and guess what would have happend to the characters. I just thought that cheapend the whole thing somehow :\

Well for me, I think it was going with the theme of the show; showing us how they all died. It was unique