Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Six Feet Under

The finale was painful as hell but I'm still glad it played out the way it did. It's forever burned into my memory.

fruitfly said:
It's forever burned into my memory.

Me too. But for all the wrong reasons. I try to think of it like Terminator 3-pretend it never happend =D

when me and my best friend watched the finale we were histerically laughing and crying at the same time. that fuckin show man, i'll tell you, was the best series ever created. way ahead of its time. or maybe just in time... I'm a huge fan.

so what are y'all watching now Six Feet Under is dead and buried?

its a hard act to follow

Also, I know Dave was kidnapped by that crazy guy who offered him crack, and his father kept asking Dave whenever he would have a dream if he wanted to smoke some crack.

But If I'm not mistaken the whole crack thing was mentioned even before Dave was kidnapped and was offered some. I think I remember the father offering crack to Nate or Claire or both?

Just wondering if there was any symbolism or something to the whole crack thing

^ yeah, also when Nate is about to die, and Dave is dreaming he is at the beach with Nate, his father asks him, "Wanna smoke some crack?" Dave waks up terrified only to find Nate had died. Just wondering the symbolism behind it.

I finally finished this series a couple weeks ago. Brilliant; one of the best shows of all time. I cried during the incredibly moving montage at the end of the last episode.

*BUMP*

Purely because I'm re watching the entire thing from start to finish for like, the fourth time or something. I've actually just finished the 3rd season and I forgot how much I grew to hate Lisa. I really liked her in that first episode where Nate and Claire went to Seattle. But I forgot how annoying and overbearing she was towards the end.

Season 4 is up next though and it happens to be one of my favourites. I love Mena Suvari's character a lot. She really brings the screen to life.

ANYONE watching this season? Last night's episode was nutz.......the guy kidnaps him then forces him at gunpoint to freebase some crack with him.... woot!

=D

This post alone has led me to download the entire series.

high quality show, but it went nowhere very slowly. i did enjoy it, but for two major elements:

1- nate fisher with his fickle minded uncertainty; and
2- billy chenowith with his random emotional problems.

these characters were the plot and drama drivers, and i got sick of both of them really fast. nothing at all would have happened if it weren't for their stupidity, and so all the drama they produced seems so artificially added to me.

everyone else was superb. i really did grow to care for all other characters no matter how large or small. the ending was sweet, loved the montage.

Absolutely loved the show, and all the major characters; recently burned through the whole box set. Nate was actually my favorite character, although he became less so later in the series vis-a-vis Brenda (who I started out disliking but grew to appreciate more). I do agree that Billy was the most forgettable major character, really only important as a backdrop to Brenda's own issues.

Really could go on and on about this show, but would rather just keep it at "It's grrrreat!" ;)

yea just bumpin to show some luv for the show, finished watching the series the other night cuz i wanted to see what alan ball was up to after american beauty / before true blood.

still on the fence about the ending tho dope to see what happened with claire.

characters were dope but my fav was claire just cause she was same age so i relate to her life struggles.

damn good show!

A couple of months ago I started (and completely finished) watching Six Feet Under. It is definitely my favorite television series so far.

The show is a beautifully written drama, combined with amazing actors, full, rounded characters, beautiful shots and an incredibly compelling storyline.

I have never before been so drawn in and attached to a television show, even quite a few months after watching it, whenever I see an actor who appeared in the show in something else, I tend to get quite emotional.

Some episodes even had me bawling my eyes out and having total emotional breakdowns. And while the show did end quite a few years ago (2005), I feel it is one of those timeless dramas that will remain very relevant for a long time.

Last edited:
I feel like I have to bump this thread

This show goes straight to my top3 of all time. Is there any series that come even close to this masterpiece?

I seen the whole thing twice now, and I've noticed that it's a bit like Herman Hesse's Siddhartha - you relate to it very differently than you did before because your life is different You hate a character for doing something the first time you saw, but years later, feel very differently about it. I used to relate much better to Claire because I was a music major in school when I watched it the first time; now I relate much more to the hard-earned wisdom she got at the end of the series. There's so much psychological depth in this show.

And the show is better than any other I've seen at being spot-on about the way people break down in communication, ruminate to themselves, and settle into self-defeating lulls.

*BUMP*

Purely because I'm re watching the entire thing from start to finish for like, the fourth time or something
here we go again!
This show goes straight to my top3 of all time.
had the same thought last night while watching it again.

this summer has been the most stressful time of my life ever due to family health issues, started watching this again and gaaawd felt so much better after just 1 episode.

going to do the nate thing now (morning run) then watch another episode n' deal with life :\

Nathaniel Fisher: Well, well. The prodigal returns. This is what you've been running away from your whole life, buddy boy. Scared the crap out of you when you were growing up, didn't it? And you thought you'd escape, well guess what, nobody escapes.

^ ditto. I watched it all the way through with my family a few summers ago, and then this past year I just watched it again with my best friend and I understand things in it so much more than I did the first time I watched it. It honestly just gets better and better every time I watch it