Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Six Feet Under

alasdairm

Moderator: S&T
Staff member
i had a dilemma. i missed season 2 on hbo and it's not yet out on dvd. season 3 is now on hbo and i have access to it. i started watching it, assuming i'll catch up on season 2 when it's released.

i'm glad i did. this show is still delivering great quality writing, acting and direction.

also, the preview for season 4 which shows after each season 3 episode is, for me, just about the greatest 2 minutes in television history - has anybody seen it?

alasdair

It's an incredible show, though i don't get the oppurutnity to watch it as much as I'd like to. I love the opening credits

I watched every single episode of series one, most of series two and hardly any series three. I like it but... it's getting a bit old at this stage. I might give it another go soon.

(sometimes) written and created by the same guy who wrote american beauty, too.

i agree, it's a great little show. unfortunately i've only ever caught an episode here and there, but i'd definitely like to pick up the dvds one day...

I don't get to see the new season... damn these country bumpkins that don't have cable!!!

they seem to be going back to season one issues.... the crazy brother for the ex... a crazy boyfriend for claire... man issues for the mom... stuff like that.

ANYONE watching this season? Last night's episode was nutz.......the guy kidnaps him then forces him at gunpoint to freebase some crack with him.... woot!

had me on the edge of my seat the whole ep through. That ep made me proud I go no where (legally) with out my pistol. All it takes to give up all control of your person is another person with a gun in your side.

^^
Yeah, her first scene on the show was her smoking meth... I will never forget that...

Adios,
Steve

I find her attractive too but i just like redheads for some reason. The latest episode was really random but it was pretty cool. I actually wound up watching the last half of it , then watching the first half later on that night. I wonder if Jake ever met those guys at Long Beach, and get the meth he was looking for..

onetwothreefour said:
(sometimes) written and created by the same guy who wrote american beauty, too.

i agree, it's a great little show. unfortunately i've only ever caught an episode here and there, but i'd definitely like to pick up the dvds one day...

I saw the first season at Big W for a fairly reasonable price...

Awesome show, I like it a lot...

I tend to miss it nearly everytime though...

Sunday's episode was very nerve wracking for me. But as usual, excellent writing and acting.

This is actually the fourth season now if I'm not mistaken.

I didn't particularly enjoy Sunday's episode...I guess maybe I was ticked that David didn't grab the guy's gun when he dropped it and fling it somewhere instead of immediately running for the hills.

I kinda dropped off watching Season 3...the whole Lisa/Brenda drama got tiresome to me. But I've jumped back on board now...I think the writing quality has improved somewhat from last season.

Overall, I think the writing and acting is superb. Season 1 is still my favorite...they really came out of the blocks swinging that season.

And just a little "Six Degrees of Six Feet Under Separation" tidbit for you...I've heard Mena Suvari, who played the teen virgin tease in American Beauty, is slated for a guest appearance this season.

No kidding!

I hadn't even noticed...which character is she playing? Her character must not look like the American Beauty image I have in my head...;)

The blonde lesbian Edie... She has lost quite a bit of weight in the last few months, so maybe that's why you didn't recognize her.

Here's a link to what her character looks like: HBO Website She's on the right.

does anybody know the name of the actress in the middle there (character anita presumably)?

imdb doesn't know for once :(

alasdair

^^ That is Anita. Edie and her had some thing going as it's been alluded to in past episodes.

She's not listed on the character page. :( I've DVR'd most of the episodes this season, so I'll check and see who she is.