Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Shows you just "dont get" or just dislike

The real wives of orange county , just who the hell gives a shit about some fucking slappers that go out spending their husbands money and screwing younger guys...

Sorry but thats a fucking slut and i have no interest in watching women getting praised for being a tart that married for money !

Another show is that bloody awful " the only way is essex" im not going to go in to why i hate it because i dont have all night

"The Office" why oh why the fuck that gets praised so much is beyond me .. funny ? you are fucking joking right ?

The X factor ... FUCK OFF !

American Idol .. Like we dont have enough shit like that in the UK as it is without bringing more talentless cunts from another country to watch.. we have enough of them here already thanks !

Big Brother .. again "FUCK OFF!"

The news .. i like the news but i dont get it because its all lies and bull shit that the government makes up that they want you to believe and see while all the truth is kept hidden from us

Last edited:
Not to be off-topic but I like SVU too but sometimes I just can't take her face:

Liberties+LAw+%26+order+SVU+Stabler+and+Benson.jpg

That's not even a very good example of what I'm talking about... can someone relate? lol.

hahahhah i know yo, sometimes her face just annoys me too i know exactly the one youre talkin about. She always looks like she got this nasty look on her face, but really its just like her natural experssion or somethin...like shes concentrating really hard on givin a evil glare at somebody...I cant really explain it, but yea I feel you AR. LOL, thats funny you said that cuz ive thought that too before.

I'm going to have to again mention how Family Guy is the least funny show to ever be aired on television. Every joke is either super lame or an OBVIOUS reference to a classic movie or something. I get mad because I feel like they're saying, "woo look at me, I've watched old movies that you haven't seen dumb tv watcher". I'm not sure if I'm weird for that, but the references aren't funny like the way the Simpsons would reference movies/books/etc.

The songs they make for Family Guy are horrendous too, but then again, nothing matches up to the sweet Mr. Plow song. "Call Mr. Plow, That's my name. That name again is Mr. Plow." Gotta love it. I also have called my sister Amanda Hugankiss for the past 10 years because of the Simpsons. I wish they would re air the episodes from Seasons 1-9 that didn't suck instead of always airing newer episodes I have no interest in watching.

OK, I can handle a few Family Guy jabs, but this is getting out of hand.

You can't honestly tell me that you didn't find yourself laughing to this scene on last week's show. They nailed every single detail of the original Street Fighter, even the dojo, and it fit in perfect context with the episode.

And I mean.. they do this atleast a few times every episode. Maybe people just aren't getting the references.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I don't have speakers. Is it funnier with sound? Because it wasn't very funny without it.

It requires a bit of context I guess. Spring for some $2 earbuds and watch the episode on Hulu.

I don't know, I just don't see how Family Guy can even be criticized. It was saved from cancellation twice by fans, and is home to some of the best period jokes on TV at the moment.

With that said, I'll add something here to stay on topic.

I'm going to go with any crime drama after the original CSI (Vegas). What Mora said was pretty much on target. Those shows are idiotic and beyond belief. I find myself sitting there angrily with my laptop, fact-checking, because what they try to pass off as science is just insulting. Bones is particularly bad for this.

Also, any reality show that tries to double as a drama. I can't even count the number of competition shows that started out with a decent idea, and got shit all over by some bullshit back-story about the contestants. I DON'T CARE IF YOUR DADDY TOUCHED YOU AND THAT'S WHY YOU'RE FAT. GET ON THE FUCKING TREADMILL YOU COW!

Last edited:
I gotta agree with Cyc. I understand how people don't get Family Guy, but to call it the worst thing ever put on television is just stupid. It's clearly better than most of the rubbish out there. Lots of shows have references to pop-culture. Abed in Community is a great example. He's similar to Peter Griffin in the sense that they are both obsessed with television to the extent that it impairs their ability to function. Peter is also kind of retarded (probably alcohol induced brain damage). They both have difficulty separating reality from fiction. Peter has delusions of meeting famous people. He is insane. The references don't have to make sense all the time. I think it's a refreshing change for a sitcom to not have to strictly revolve around the main plot or subplots all the time. Sometimes a comical tangent (See Monty Python's: And Now For Something Completely Different) is a useful device.

Family Guy is a cartoon about a man who is obsessed with television and popular culture. To say "I don't get why they have all these references to popular culture" is to miss the point of the show and, particularly, the title character. It is a cartoon. And, it is one of the best cartoons ever produced for an adult audience. There are basically four people in the world who've accomplished great things on animated shows aimed at adults: (in order of preference)

1. Trey Parker
2. Seth MacFarlane
3. Matt Groening
4. Mike Judge

The reason Groening is lower on the list than MacFarlane is twofold - unlike everyone else on the list, he doesn't do voices on his shows and he didn't write any good episodes.

Trey Parker and Seth MacFarlane have contributed more to adult-oriented television animation than anyone else on the planet. They both write songs, sing them, write episodes, direct episodes, and do voices on their shows. Parker has been the main writer of South Park for over a decade which is unparalleled. He writes almost every single episode of every season. They are not comparable to Groening who receives far more credit than he deserves, having developed a crappy two minute cartoon (on the Tracy Ullman show) and then sat back and let everyone else do the hard work.

the entire american idol & dancing with the stars genre

It's bad enough that the television industry has stooped to delivering cheap amateur talent contests for prime time entertainment instead of well developed and well written drama and comedy. But the general public seems happy to be spoon fed this crap and the news reports on who is being eliminated and making it to the next round each week like it's an important world event.

Just thought of another thing that I despise about Law&Order, and that is the way Jerry Orbach's character Lenny Briscoe has these horrible and idiotic one liners right before they cut to commercial, for example:

Green: 6 inches to the right and she would still be here
Briscoe: 6 inches to the right and Lincoln would of seen the end of the play...

or

Green: They robbed this guy for a coat?!
Briscoe: Yeah Ed, that coat is to -die- for...

Ugh....

Also does anyone ever watch 'Mystery Diagnosis' on Discovery Health? I don't dislike the show so much as the camerawork. Everytime there is a dramatic moment the cameraman zooms in on the eyes of the person telling their story. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't do it every, single, time! They even one-upped the zoomy eye shots with slow-motion zoomy eye shots taken while the people are blinking, it's horrible....

^ haha, that was probably the one thing that ruined Mystery Diagnosis for me. Otherwise, I like the show. I always imagined SNL spoofing that show with those stupid eye shots. Zoomy slo-mo eye shot and in the background, slo-mo tribal drum.. *doof*

Songs of praise is another pile of shite that should be removed from tv

If i want to sing fucking quire songs i will go to a church thank you very fucking much !!!

I don't understand how people can criticise a show like South Park. Deeply political and always current events, and generally just fucking hillarious. Scatter gun discrimination to the whole world, sticking two fingers up at everything.

I don't understand how people can criticise a show like South Park. Deeply political and always current events, and generally just fucking hillarious. Scatter gun discrimination to the whole world, sticking two fingers up at everything.

OMG your user name just reminded me of strutter, how awesome was all the strutter gear ads, the strutter ball was my fave =D

It can be a king sized pain in the ass, when you aint got the cash, TO PAY OFF YA FUGG'UN LOAANS.

Strutter is my idol maaaaaan

hahahhah i know yo, sometimes her face just annoys me too i know exactly the one youre talkin about. She always looks like she got this nasty look on her face, but really its just like her natural experssion or somethin...like shes concentrating really hard on givin a evil glare at somebody...I cant really explain it, but yea I feel you AR. LOL, thats funny you said that cuz ive thought that too before.

Hahahaha yeah I really don't think it's her fault. It's the 'my world is fucking blown'/'you're an incredibly low piece of garbage' face but it's dumb. BTW, I thought you'd enjoy this. NSFW tags necessary (but not really).

NSFW:
christopher_meloni_03.jpg

Whose genius idea was it to have that photo shoot?

Sorry people lets talk about how crappy/aweome/inbetween Family Guy is.

They are not comparable to Groening who receives far more credit than he deserves, having developed a crappy two minute cartoon (on the Tracy Ullman show) and then sat back and let everyone else do the hard work.

I agree. He set down the foundation but as far as building the house, all the love should go to the writers (especially Swartzwelder), directors, animators, and show runners (like Al Jean).

But props to Groening for pulling off what many people wish they could. Do as little as work as possible but receive all the credit, er money.

Hahahaha yeah I really don't think it's her fault. It's the 'my world is fucking blown'/'you're an incredibly low piece of garbage' face but it's dumb. BTW, I thought you'd enjoy this. NSFW tags necessary (but not really).

NSFW:
christopher_meloni_03.jpg

Whose genius idea was it to have that photo shoot?

Sorry people lets talk about how crappy/aweome/inbetween Family Guy is.

If you ever want to see Chris Maloni naked just watch 'Oz' that used to be on HBO. The entire SVU cast is on that show and they are all naked. Im a heterosexual male and loved that show, but when I saw a bunch of naked men running around it reminded me of prison too much and I lost intrest in it.

^ Haha. Thanks for the tip. I definitely do NOT want to see Chris Maloni naked. I find him pretty gross. :)

Dancing With The Stars and Jersey Shore, two of of the worst shows in the history of television.