• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Show us something cool in your house

gdVTFBD.jpg

This is the rarest vinyl I own - minty mint copies like this regularly fetch £200 on discogs, although I got mine from a seller in the Netherlands for about £50 a few years ago. Do I need to be framing it and putting it on a wall? I like to play it (caarefully) occasionally!

I know what you mean, I've got almost everything digitally now but they do make for interesting wall hangings, I played the black and white German version of that record to death, when I got it it had the original vinyl wrap on it. I still play my copy of Metal Box and do think it sounds better on vinyl.

I sold most of my unwanted dance vinyl a few years ago when they were fetching good money, spiral tribe stuff was £50 and I was never a big fan of the tunes, crew were a decent bunch, in main...23 and all that ;)

I never collected that much vinyl from the party days as I messed with CDs for bedroom DJing but I've got a few special ones I've hung onto, my first Hardcore purchase, 'Way in my Brain -SL2' purchased after seeing them do a live PA in a local barely legal club in 91, Tubular Bells - Heartless - Played during our wedding ceremony and few others. I'd probably buy a few more if I spotted any, almost brought an original copy of NMTB Sex Pistols recently, mines almost worn out.

It's great introducing your kids to music, my daughter recently said she 'quite liked' NIN...so proud

Framing rather than playing?!? This is precisely what is wrong with da yoof of today ;)

Vinyl is a bit of a pain in the arse though, it's great everynow and again but digital is way easier to access, saying that I dug out an old PM Dawn album today, I'd forgotten how much I liked it.

A Singing/Sounding Bowl from Nepal that MrsMist brought back from her travels.... really annoys her because I can get the thing whaling, she sits there looking like she's stirring porridge... no sound...

free picture hosting

Not cool but it's that Elephant thing that I picked up in Petra similar to Felixs thing that was carved inside and out...

upload a gif

Petra as in 'temple of Doom' in Jordan ?? me and Mrs A went there a good few years ago, it was a hot and dusty walk but I was blown away not just by the biggest facade but rounding the corner and seeing a whole street of the things. I got hassled going into to Jordan by customs along with a gay couple we had been chatting with on the coach and then leaving Israel we got interviewed.

Yep... that place. I was working in Jordan, stayed in Amman for 3-4months so I got about a bit.

Dead sea, John the Baptist, Petra.... took it all in.. Petra was my favourite, fuckin amazing really, did you walk to the top of the rocks to the sacrifice point??

And Yeh, hot as hell...

How did they do it:?

Are you using the right end for twirling of singinging bowl mister mist...the um hard wooden end....i use ours to piss the cat off as i am mean like that =D

I know my ends flo =D I tend to break it out just to piss everyone off when I'm off my tits. .. its not a nice sound really

Cool stuff indeed, SM.

I've just found the cardboard base for this, after thinking it had gone missing for years:

qJ2Dlhz.jpg

Someone selling one for £22 on ebay at the moment, so I should probably look after it. Hah.

Well, since my wife has fucked off with my car for a few days, I can use my beloved car phone mount on my desk:

bV8rufx.jpg

Held aloft and true with my old squirrel coaster from my schooldays. I think Busty would approve of that.

hl4HLIv.jpg

I've got a first-press Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced I need to frame^

LP art is pretty cool as far as things go I think. :)

Far out! That's an all time favourite record. Infact.. I think I'll go stick it on the noo, cheers! :D

A Singing/Sounding Bowl from Nepal that MrsMist brought back from her travels.... really annoys her because I can get the thing whaling, she sits there looking like she's stirring porridge... no sound...

Beautiful wee gizmo from the High Himalaya mate, nice one. :)

Sat and watched an older Baba paint this in Rishikesh. It was a must really..

g4MGCjPl.jpg

Red Hot Chili Pepper, Gold Discs..... Bloodsugarsexmagik, Greatest Hits n Carlifornication.....

All £100+ on eBay!

PS: Apologies for the crappy pics....

Evey

Last edited:
Our house, it's a very very very fine house,
With two cats in the yard,
Life used to be so hard...

yvq9c3I.jpg

The owner of this beautifully painted bodhran has not been back to retrieve his possessions for many a year...I've got some of his cool shit on the walls & a pile of his uncool shit in my shed

The first 4 shelves of my films which I and other 12 year olds will find exceptionally cool. Taken for posterity now I have caught up on the Star Wars titles.

6pwsCqK.jpg

3Es650l.jpg

The first 4 shelves of my films which I and other 12 year olds will find exceptionally cool. Taken for posterity now I have caught up on the Star Wars titles.

6pwsCqK.jpg

3Es650l.jpg
How do you sort your films? I see a pattern, but can't define it.

He puts all of the shite ones on the shelf and keeps his only good one, Boyz n the Hood, in the blu-ray player :D

Oj, that's a very impressive collection, stee :)

How do you sort your films? I see a pattern, but can't define it.

Hehe there is one BP that makes sense to my pathetic brain. First shelf is space adventure and opera, staring with 2 britflix about the 2 most prominent sky ballz (sun + moon), then franchise / series in chron. order (Apes, Alien SW and ST) with the 2nd half consisting of the most prominent comic book conversions. I only have 2 MCU titles but there is the complete Spiderman, X-Men, Batman Anthology + DK Trilogy, Superman and the first 2 DC extended universe films (I'll get Suicide Squad when I can scuttter up a cheap copy).

Second shelf starts with complete Hobbit and LOTR extended cuts then some personal fave blockbuster sagas with the other half containing my fave war productions (including the 2 HBO WW2 mini-series) which melts into the remainder of the complete Kubrick collection from Lolita onwards.

3rd shelf is pop. spy / espionage (I do not have 'The Bourne Legacy' as I do not think its too tough) and I have just stuck with the Daniel Craig Bonds on BD (I have older Bond titles on DVD but have never considered going for the full set as they are so variable), then some director selections (Chris Nolan, Ridley Scott) with some other personal fave sci - fi and period drama with the back end consisting of a mixture of alternative / adult comic book conversions and the remainder of Edgar Wrights contributions.

4th shelf has a bit of karate stuff at the start which blends in to a couple of QT titles, then, with the exception of the entire David Fincher selection (minus Panic Room, of which I have a fantastic 3 disc DVD special ed. of and therefore has been so far put on the backburner with regards to a 1080p upgrade) and some other essential crime dramas (i.e. Heat and the first 2 Godfathers) with some nice silly fantasy and comedy titles at the end. That's the entire bookcase - the 2nd one is only really of note with regard to a couple of great tele boxsets, my PS4 games then it's all DVD's from there on down.

Too much time on my hands? This post would suggest so even above and beyond my silly film arrangements =D