• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Should I boil the water before or after I put in the heroin?

[NoQUOTE="Mimic951, post: 14617149, member: 524158"]
I’ve been forced to IM cause all my veins are gone now. Also I just got off methadone and am planning on using black tar heroin to detox off the 150mg I was on. I already worked my way up to a months worth of take homes, which took my a half year of clean test. Then I’m gonna attempt to decrease heroin use in order to detox from that. Cause the kick time with methadone is almost a month sometimes more. I know cause I was forced to do it when I got put in jail for almost a year. And I wouldn’t wish that on anyone, well maybe the guy my ex wife fucked when she cheated but thats it. I know it’ll be hard to kick heroin but it’ll be easier knowing it’s only gonna be a week rather then four times that long.

WHATEVER YOU DO DONT IM ANY STREET QUALITY DRUG YOU WILL GET A NASTY ABCESS (INFECTION OF SOFT TISSUE) HERE IS A PICTURE OF A HEALED ABCESS FROM A MISSED SHOT
[/QUOTE]
I caught MRSA from shooting dope in my ankle and missing

The reaction that reduces the absolute quantity of heroin in the shot is hydrolysis, which turns the diacetylmorphine into 3-monoacetylmorphine, 6-monoacetylmorphine, and morphine . . . 6-MAM is groovy and stronger than smack and I think it may occupy more receptors more quickly so in theory pure 6-MAM would have an even better bang, so with a few seconds in the spoon with water, if anything you are doing yourself a small favour . . . and I always see a diagram of this hydrolysis arranged as such:

If this is sterile purified water, bacteriostatic water, or 9‰ saline, just heat it enough to dissolve the smack, if it is tap water or other unsterile water, if you can boil that for 15 minutes before putting it into a cooker sterilised with a flame or alcohol wipe or whatever, that helps. It takes 15 minutes of boiling to sterilise water, and wheel filters are a big help too.

WHATEVER YOU DO DONT IM ANY STREET QUALITY DRUG YOU WILL GET A NASTY ABCESS (INFECTION OF SOFT TISSUE) HERE IS A PICTURE OF A HEALED ABCESS FROM A MISSED SHOT
I caught MRSA from shooting dope in my ankle and missing
[/QUOTE]

I have been hearing a lot for years about Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus and the other flesh-eating bacteria in relation to black-tar heroin in particular, and other things like wound botulism and gas gangrene -- presumably if there is a difference versus powder heroin much less pills, powders in phials, and ampoules of injection fluid sourced from health care organisations or whatever, is it the consistency of the black tar making it harder to get a sterile solution or something of that nature, or something about how it is produced. In theory, black tar is harder to adulterate to any great degree for the reasons of form and consistency, and apparently a common cut in black tar is instant coffee, which a majority of customers like for various reasons . . .

For my case, I was shooting east coast heroin (powder), however my complication may of been a result of sitting in a bathtub of hot water (hoping my veins would pop out easier from the heat) which I injected under the water . Or the batch may of been cut with some nasty additive which I'm cuz she may have been eyeliner, because it had permanently stained my skin. next day it was an agonizing pain with an abscess within 3 days in the hospital

Regular Staphylococcus Aureus is all over the place including on the skin as a normal state of affairs I think, so maybe the shooting without swabbing with alcohol, of course there is the eyeliner problem -- a somewhat greasy powder and I imagine the grains have at least a somewhat rough surface at the microscopic level, so it would be as easy for germs to stick to eyeliner as it is for eyeliner to stick to eyes . . . I used to read about NYC and New Jersey smack with foundation and rouge too on alt.drugs.hard and sometimes this would happen in Ontario and Québec too, and the Boston area too, apparently . . .

As a cosmetic, they probably make sure it is hypo-allergenic but that is for topical use, naturally -- I would imagine that even eyeliner sterilised by sitting in a Cobalt 60 steriliser for a week would cause an abscess from the body recognising an extremely irritating foreign substance and walling it off. There are sterile abscesses too, most often from mistakenly hitting a ligament or the like when injecting medication. I had a sterile abscess on my leg that for all I know may have been from irritation from poking nicomorphine into the same small area of muscle too close together or something . . . it stayed there for a month and I drained it with proper sterilising and technique and so forth and it was just clear liquid, and then another which was on the other leg for six months as the body reabsorbed it -- in neither case was there even a white cell elevation, to my surprise.

Regular Staphylococcus Aureus is all over the place including on the skin as a normal state of affairs I think, so maybe the shooting without swabbing with alcohol, of course there is the eyeliner problem -- a somewhat greasy powder and I imagine the grains have at least a somewhat rough surface at the microscopic level, so it would be as easy for germs to stick to eyeliner as it is for eyeliner to stick to eyes . . . I used to read about NYC and New Jersey smack with foundation and rouge too on alt.drugs.hard and sometimes this would happen in Ontario and Québec too, and the Boston area too, apparently . . .

As a cosmetic, they probably make sure it is hypo-allergenic but that is for topical use, naturally -- I would imagine that even eyeliner sterilised by sitting in a Cobalt 60 steriliser for a week would cause an abscess from the body recognising an extremely irritating foreign substance and walling it off. There are sterile abscesses too, most often from mistakenly hitting a ligament or the like when injecting medication. I had a sterile abscess on my leg that for all I know may have been from irritation from poking nicomorphine into the same small area of muscle too close together or something . . . it stayed there for a month and I drained it with proper sterilising and technique and so forth and it was just clear liquid, and then another which was on the other leg for six months as the body reabsorbed it -- in neither case was there even a white cell elevation, to my surprise.

Heh, alt.drugs.hard. That's where I started as well...

I've already been put off injecting for numerous reasons but this thread seals the deal.talk about harm reduction.this thread should be a good deterrent for anyone thinking about starting it.the whole myth that even doctors say it's the cleanest way to take drugs only applies if it's purified to pharmaceutical standards and injected using clean needles, sterile water, wheel filters and alcohol swabs.i think it's just a lie ppl who inject tell themselves to feel better.ive just heard it from friends who werent being clean with there shooting to many times.

I sometimes hear/read people say that intravenous injection is preferable to SQ or IM injection because it doesn't cause abscesses if one doesn't miss - but if it is the same unsterile solution, would it be better to have it go into subcutaneous fat and maybe end up as a red bump or worse -- or have the stuff go straight to the valves of the heart? Then, since the lungs get perfused with blood because that is how they work, the wages of shooting pills (aside from the hypodermic tablets, of course) is essentially a variant of Black Lung Disease and its hard rock mining equivalent, and some medicines actually have silica in them too . . . Talc and asbestos are both magnesium silicates and are just shaped differently, are they not? Wheel filter time at a bare minimum, but how much skin off whose arse would it be to provide addicts with ampoules of pharmaceutical narcotics and have someone watch at least the first few times to make sure they don't turn blue and keel over from a sudden unexpected uptick in dose because of the purity difference?

If people are tempted to dissolve their drugs in DMSO and apply them topically, note that the skin still needs to be sterilised beforehand because DMSO carries everything into the bloodstream -- bacteria and other things too . . .

I have tiny veins so even when getting blood drawn for a CBC or the like unless it is a nursing professor or someone who knows what he or she is doing they can poke me up to ten times and move the needle around when it is in the skin and things like that . . . I had some foreboding once when I was provided a take-home course of Procrit and had to come back to the infusion nurses' station after I had really messed up both arms and did get some to go in the top of my hand and got a couple of doses in my foot. Luckily when administering my painkillers SQ/IM I found an area on my upper outer thigh which would self-register, so I confirm by pulling back a little then hit the plunger and the medicine works faster, which helps if there is breakthrough pain.

Last edited:
Wheel filters, syringe filters, and the inline filters used for IV lines and syringe drivers are all functionally the same thing, correct? They go down to 0.22 microns and I have seen about eight levels up to about five microns . . . an IV line can have more than one filter and I have heard that a filter is used at a specific point in the setup to filter out air bubbles as well

Can't imagine filters get rid of air bubbles.think you still have to do that the old fashioned way.btw nicomorphinist have you actually tried nicomorphinist?is it good?how does it differ from diacetylmorphine or plain morphine?

Can't imagine filters get rid of air bubbles.think you still have to do that the old fashioned way.btw nicomorphinist have you actually tried nicomorphinist?is it good?how does it differ from diacetylmorphine or plain morphine?

There is that little cylinder where the liquid drips and then flows downhill into the line which prevents the big air bubbles I assume, the kind one needs to get out by pointing a syringe up and tapping it -- I keep reading this thing about air, so I am assuming it is little bubbles. Maybe the ones that form on the sides of a vessel over hours of air which was dissolved in a liquid if it got threshed and aerated or something? Here is one of the many places I have seen this mentioned: https://www.oncologynurseadvisor.com/home/departments/ask-a-pharmacist/function-of-a-micron-filter/

By the way, when watching television and films, look really carefully when someone is giving themselves or someone or an animal a shot and see if there is air in the syringe -- it is incredible! At least a cubic centimetre of air 75 per cent of the time, and no effort to remove it, and I see it in photos in magazines and newspapers too . . . I have heard that it takes three times that much to cause an embolism, but one's coronary arteries and alveoli and brain blood vessels get really tiny -- this I do not believe and have no intention to experiment! Documentaries, dramas, comedies and other films. the news, even advertisements.

Nicomorphine I get these days as ampoules to use for breakthrough pain especially at night, and it is smooth and does not have the pins and needles that other narcotics like morphine can have -- stronger than morphine too and works very quickly . . . it has similarities to diacetylmorphine, and there are differences from hydromorphone and dihydromorphine has differences from all those others . . . the latter was last in my pain rotation quite some time ago but I have a little left . . . I take extended-release morphine round the clock as well as naproxen, and mix the narcotics with various antihistamines to make them work better, and the shot for the worst cases of pain is a premixed compounded version of the old Merck wonder drug Scophedal (oxycodone-hyoscine(scopolamine)-ephedrine) Ts and Blues is a famous tripelennamine and pentazocine mixture from North America a long time ago, but it was based on an older one called Blue Velvet, which is morphine and tripelennamine, which is the bees' knees -- it works even better when I take it with my dose of orphenadrine (Disipal) and of course the two ingredients make hydromorphone, oxymorphone, nicomorphine, ketobemidone, and other narcotics even groovier of course . . . There were codeine-tripelennamine and dihydrocodeine-tripelennamine cough syrups which I think gave people the original idea long about 1948 or so . . . there is a home medical guide written by a doctor from back then recommending taking the antihistamine and paregoric to help get to sleep -- ah the good old days . . .

People usually call crack Kibbles & Bits, but I hear this for methylphenidate plus pentazocine plus tripelennamine too . I have mixed oxymorphone, hyoscine, and methylphenidate in a syringe, but as many oxycodone people know, oxycodone has unique properties, and there is a je ne sais quoi which makes the Scophedal inimitable and unable to really improve upon . . . I'd say the latter has a speedier onset, as in like speed . . . and perhaps in the time sense too . . . than the oxymorphone version, but one can tell the analgesia is even deeper as oxymorphone is stronger than oxycodone . . ..

Last edited:
Yea I have been smoking and using the IM method. But due to the fact that my tolerance is so high from the methadone I have to spend so much money to just stay well. And smoking it has been taking all my money. This is hard cause when I was on methadone my insurance paid for it. But I felt like I would never be able to get off that stuff.
Just got back onto BL after many years. I can sympathize with your situation. Mine is very similar. I've been up and down on the methadone for about 15 years, up to 120mg daily and down to 2mg daily but a short while after the several times I was clean completely, I'd be using again. Right now I'm on 35mg daily and just so sick of myself. It's embarrassing. Good luck with whatever you plan on doing.

Oxycodone is pretty fucking awesome as is.i found crushing and snorting to be the fucking supreme method.i used to get 20mg capsules which were smokable they were great but I think snorting crushed 80's were best.

Then we have what happened in the US with oxymorphone -- Endo comes out with abuse resistant tablets, people discover how to snort them, the government threatens them so they reformulate them, making them easier to shoot, then they terrorise Endo into taking the brand name off the market -- too clever by three quarters because the ignoramuses in government are trying to tell the experts how to do their job -- they should just have made the small low-residue blue tablets like back in the 1960s and early 1970s and used their existing recipe for extended-release morphine for the extended release -- Jesus Christ . . . Over 100 years old and a very good medication and I am sure the government is working on the generic manufacturers too . . .

The same gang that let WMDs like carfentanil and shit like Upjohn 44700 hit the street for the usual reasons as discussed in other threads, when fentanils in medicine are in fact very helpful to people and wonderful inventions: I think the lesson of Actiq, Fentora, and Duragesic is that there is strong stuff that can be made to work well in cases like that and more -- there is a sufentanil lollipop too and I think Chronogesic is coming to North America, a sufentanil patch with and without mepivacaine, arranged in a bullseye pattern . . . the fentanyl lollipop is even a battlefield painkiller that doesn't require a needle . . . tape it to the patient's hand, stick it in his or her mouth, and when the pain relief is optimal, they go to sleep for a moment and it falls out so there is not an overdose . . . Speaking of things that can work in tiny amounts, there were several implantable systems that could hold 30 days to 5 years, at least, worth of fentanils, oxymorphone, presumably other things like dihydroetorphine or etonitazene, and use the body's own systems to control medication delivery for all that time, but that I have heard nothing about, not even the next-generation Duragesic/Durogesic which can be controlled with a smart phone and has a part for immediate-release on demand for breakthrough pain . . .

. . . . but there is also a vacuum betwixt hydromorphone and fentanyl and a need for other things because of allergies, pethidine being problematic and all that -- and they need a replacements for propoxyphene, dezocine, alphaprodine, piminodine, anileridine and others, so synthetics from a little weaker than codeine to about as strong as morphine . . . there used to be work on bringing back propiram, an ampromide about as strong as codeine and Lord knows what happened to that; the stronger subcategory prototype dimenoxadol would be useful too, and they need dihydromorphine and nicomorphine for various types of things if they are not going to legalise smack and/or things like dibenzoylmorphine, and other esters of morphine,, and hydromorphinol, dextromoramide, phenadoxone, ketobemidone and the like would be helpful too. If they are going to restrict hydrocodone more and more, they really need to bring in something in the same range like nicocodeine, nicodicodeine, thebacon, acedicon, dihydroisocodeine, open-chain amidones, methadols, moramides, thiambutenes &c

Who knows what will happen to levorphanol, the wonderful, rare morphinan synthetic that is now $115 a tablet because of the Satanic "Pharmacy Bro" -- how did that and what he did to cancer drugs be allowed to happen? Actually, levorphanol is mainly prescribed by oncologists for their patients and used in PCA units in hospices . . . it's like he was on a mission to cause misery for people with cancer . . . .

The CSA 1970 and analogues act have really turned pain medicine research there into a backwater when it comes to medications -- look at how they tripped up Johnson & Johnson and Grünethal with tapentadol . . . the ability to prescribe off-licence for patients in dire straits and for professors and researrchers and others to do N of 1 and small scale research on things like meptazinol, dipipanone, dextromoramide, proheptazine, phenadoxone, diampromide, and dimethylthiambutene at least for animals which are used elsewhere in the world already . . . then there are lefetamine and benzimidazoles which look as if they may have unique uses which could be useful . . . there are all sorts of narcotics used elsewhere and combinations with other agents and so forth less likely to be misused . . . one would think they would be interested in that, but apparently not . . .

Last edited:
Thing here in Oz is although morphine is and has been abused as prescription smack for 50years my tramadol and oxy both have the antiabuse goo in them but no morphine tablets do.its like ms contin has been given a free pass because common sense says it hasn't been overlooked.

[NoQUOTE="Mimic951, post: 14617149, member: 524158"]
I’ve been forced to IM cause all my veins are gone now. Also I just got off methadone and am planning on using black tar heroin to detox off the 150mg I was on. I already worked my way up to a months worth of take homes, which took my a half year of clean test. Then I’m gonna attempt to decrease heroin use in order to detox from that. Cause the kick time with methadone is almost a month sometimes more. I know cause I was forced to do it when I got put in jail for almost a year. And I wouldn’t wish that on anyone, well maybe the guy my ex wife fucked when she cheated but thats it. I know it’ll be hard to kick heroin but it’ll be easier knowing it’s only gonna be a week rather then four times that long.

[/QUOTE]

Bruh.. where did you do the IM injection... in your forearm? ? that shit won’t work buddy. At least find a real IM injection spot before you blame the drugs

A missed IV shot is a missed IV shot, not IM, and not really SC in any sense if what it formed was a knot like that. . . if I were in the position of the methadone-black tar poster, my first objective would be to try to find wheel filters, and opt for doing SC injections rather than IM for the small gain in reliability of absorption and the fact that anything that does go wrong one wants to be within a few mm of the surface, not deep in the muscle where it can cause 7 weeks to 8 months or more of trouble.