• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Share your artwork v. BL's got talent

Here is a self portrait I painted back in highschool, I realize that my nose was painted incorrectly but it was my first ever painting. Feel free to critique my work.
5yw46q.jpg

Albion, you continue to amaze me. I LOVE charcoal and I love the life in these portraits.

entheo--I don't think anything looks "incorrect" in that self portrait. You have a great expression and selfies usually tend to look very wooden and lifeless--especially in high school! Are you still painting?

I occasionally get a few lessons from a friend that is a graduate student at a world rebound art school, but to be honest I've never been artistically inclined. I'd love to be able to produce more work but I'm basically devoid of artist prowess or motivation.

I love to draw, and yet I never pursued it, and without practice, I'm just not that good at it. But seeing this stuff makes me want to start doing it.

Entheo, that's a more interesting first painting than most people's twentieth painting ;), or 40th, 50th, probably still more interesting than some people's entire collection of painting cliches

Entheo, that's a more interesting first painting than most people's twentieth painting ;), or 40th, 50th, probably still more interesting than some people's entire collection of painting cliches

Thank you sir, ive never been giving such a compliment for my art before! Maybe I should give painting a shot once my hand heals up, I've never given visual arts muh of a chance. Perhaps it's something I need in my life right now :)

^ I would like to spend a whole day in a room full of Albion portraits and studies of people. Then I would get him to teach a class and I would be the first to sign up.:)

collage:
tumblr_n2ickmjxWf1r1603so1_500.jpg

really nice sketches, albion! when i was more into drawing i always wished i could do a looser more expressive style like that, but it just wasn't how i drew.

nice. i love when i see you're the latest poster in this thread...

alasdair

Albion said:

The eyes have a "real" quality in this. The face without a face like a mask, and the realness behind. Well done.

Almost like I recognized the guy.

Looks a little like the guy who plays in the new Spiderman movies.

^^1173 and 1192 are pretty sweet from the portraits. Also the one under the one with the word Lenin is fairly striking. I think standing in a room full of black and white slightly abstract style would make me a little weird until I slept. The emotion is really good.

My fiancee gave me some acrylic colors and a medium density fiber (mdf?) gecko. Well I painted it, and really like it. I kind of went on a painting spree and in the last month have finished 7 figures, and am currently working on some wooden mushrooms. It is relaxing, and the painting itself isn't even my favorite part I don't think. Developing new colors (from the limited set I have) and techniques is really the most fun =). There are some bad ass shades out there, but they tease me half the time by drying into something less nice. I'll have to try to get some pics when I have more time.

Here is a self portrait I painted back in highschool, I realize that my nose was painted incorrectly but it was my first ever painting. Feel free to critique my work.
5yw46q.jpg

This is good. And it's your first painting?
I know nothing much about art myself but I think that's really good for a first painting
Evey xxxx