• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Share your artwork v. BL's got talent

1796763_10152695452596982_1652932053_o.jpg

Wow you guys, looking at some amazing art here in this thread ppl <3

Check my website www.zwonko.com for more (including absurdist cartoons in Dutch, other designer objects / furniture, electronic music production and some writing), but here is a taste:

Left = Designer standing lamp ; Middle = Console table type thing ; Right = Wall lamp

octahedron%20glow%20no%20buttons%20sm.jpg
_DSC7709_2_sm.jpg
esm2.jpg

(meanwhile listen to some of my piano playing here: Goldberg Variation no 13)

I have more, like a dual monitor wall mount in similar style as the lamps, if you want to see.

Some visual art:

SquareRoot_empybackgr3_Resized.png

positron-elegant-1.jpg

Last edited:
Solopsis, I LOVE the lamps! Also checked out your website--you are a man of many talents and interests.:D

Okay this is going to be a big post, I apologize, I will NSFW these though so they don't scroll unless you want them to.

Okay, so, about two years ago I started painting with acrylics for fun. I happened upon some techniques that are quite unique by accident as I was playing, and gradually I came to realize I should try to see where this can take me. So, after I work my regular 50 hour a week job (that I work from home for), I go out to an outdoor arts and crafts market with 12 stalls, and I take up 4 or 5 of them and set up a gallery (hardly anyone sells things there in the evening but I do well). And I sell my art. I usually make about $100 a day now when I go out, on the weekends anyway. I've sold a bunch of originals including some of these ones. These are my images I produced with my camera that I use for prints. I'm next in line to get into this for sale gallery in town that is really popular, really excited about that. :)

They are abstract acrylic paintings, I use high-quality paint that is undiluted so it is very 3-dimensional and textured like oil paintings tend to be. Here are some of them.

This is my favorite piece, it's called "Hope". I painted it when I was really depressed and it helped give me hope. It was when I first realized I should take this somewhere.
NSFW:
hope.jpg

This is another favorite, it's called "Dark Hill". I painted this on the same day as "Hope"
NSFW:
darkHill.jpg

This is the third piece I painted on the same day, it was a productive day, I worked through a lot of emotions. This was the last one, it's called "Blue Hole", to me it looks like you're in an underwater cave, but looking up at the sunlit surface.
NSFW:
blueHole.jpg

This piece is the first major piece I did using a technique I had discovered that is my favorite one, I called it Dimensional Marbling. It's a way to marble the paint together so the colors don't mix, they remain distinct and swirl into each other with so much tiny detail that you can hardly see it all with the naked eye. This piece is actually 4 inches by 4 inches, so it's probably larger on your screen than it is in real life. Underneath is a close-up of some of the detail.
NSFW:
scramble.jpg

scramble_closeup.jpg

I use the marbling technique a lot in my work, though only in a couple I am posting here (for now). This one is called "Down Below", and it's another of my favorites. To me it represents addiction, but it was designed to bring to mind anything that can pull you under. It uses the marbling technique for the tentacles. Below the main photo is a closeup of some of the tentacles.
NSFW:
downBelow.jpg

downBelow_closeup.jpg

This piece is called "Hurt", because to me it feels like the pain of love.
NSFW:
hurt.jpg

This piece is called "Mobius". The background is a style I do a lot, in fact I can do a 12 by 12 inch canvas in this sort of fade from one color to another, in about 15 to 20 minutes, I often paint them in front of potential customers, and occasionally have painted one for someone on the spot or they decided they wanted it when I was done. This particular one has some extra detail in a layer over the background.
NSFW:
mobius.jpg

This piece is called "Sunset Smear". It's a technique I recently perfected but I had done by accident once, in the next piece below.
NSFW:
sunsetSmear.jpg

This piece was a bit of an accident, and when I was done my wife said "It's like a self-portrait of your eye". I agreed, it's the colors of my eyes (roughly). It's titled "I-ris".
NSFW:
iris.jpg

I have a whole bunch more that are new that I haven't taken photos of yet. Sometimes I paint 10 paintings a week and I also do these little 3 by 3 inch mini canvases with a color exploration with the marbling technique and I sell them for $10, I go through a lot of those.

I hope you like it. :)

Y'know tattoo is art. Can't we not show tattoo art in here or at least have a tattoo art thread?
I know that a lot of people frown down at tattoos, but it really is art n if you think about it, not only have they got to contend with composing and re-composing their art, but also reassuring clients, and communicating with clients---especially those who are finding the who process, painful. A regular artist, so to speak, simply creates their art in their own private space, or so I am lead to believe. Anyway, moderators, will you please consider this and if you don't mind, drop me an Email (PM, as they call it here). You will not believe the amount of addicts / recreational users who are tattoo artists. And I have had MANY a tattoo done. it is true art.

Please, please try to consider it?

Kind Regards,

Evey :)

PS: I've seen Albyyys work here, n as far as I'm concerned, he's only a wee nipper, but by Gawd he should be proud of himself - all he's achieved in that short little life of his... His art is ace..... xxxx

Thank you, Bronson. I will certainly go there n subscribe.

Thanks awfully,

All the best,

Evey :)

xorkoth, your work is beautiful. i particularly enjoy 'hope' and 'hurt'

alasdair

I am happy to say I made some art today. The first time I've done anything since february/march. Had a serious creative slump which has been temporarily alleviated for the purposes of my assessment deadline.

1621725_10152386233389395_3413351994011049620_n.jpg

1690004_10152386466484395_3453288401229078890_n.jpg

I very very rarely look in this sub forum and now I feel I have been missing out on some very interesting stuff.
@Albion I am very impressed with your artwork that I've been looking at here. You are obviously a very creative & talented bloke. Will be keeping my eye out now for more of your work here.

Xorkoth, your work is excellent, of a consistently high standard (at least what you have posted here). Honestly man, I'd have any of that on my walls at home. Seriously impressed.

Wow! Just discovered this subforum. Check out some of my artwork.(From my profile on deviantart, if interested in following).
insufflate_by_s_edition-d72v08q.jpg
inhale_by_s_edition-d72uz4n.jpg
mermadi_spotted_by_s_edition-d7357po.png

I very very rarely look in this sub forum and now I feel I have been missing out on some very interesting stuff.
@Albion I am very impressed with your artwork that I've been looking at here. You are obviously a very creative & talented bloke. Will be keeping my eye out now for more of your work here.

Ah Cheers Max; it's great to see some EADDers popping in here. You guys don't know what you're missing ;)

Hey that happens to all of us.

It's refreshing & cool to see something in a different style from you. :)

Yeah I know...It's been really depressing having to deal with it though. I think something different is exactly what I need to progress, though.

Xorkoth, SHM is right, your work is lush.

I am happy to say I made some art today. The first time I've done anything since february/march. Had a serious creative slump which has been temporarily alleviated for the purposes of my assessment deadline.

1621725_10152386233389395_3413351994011049620_n.jpg

1690004_10152386466484395_3453288401229078890_n.jpg

I love this second piece. Glad to hear that you are working.<3