• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Share Something Positive from Your Day vs. It's All Around You

Lovely Scandinavian dinner for six. Great laughs. No alcohol for me and I manage to get 4 hours of overtime due to the results.

nice one erik, it takes a lot of self-control for me to not drink/smoke at social events where those things are present.

i am taking magnesium again and already have had a productiveish day, so hoping this will help me get out of this emotional eating pattern and less time wasting away online.

I have also been though this, and the routine of exercises have improved my life considerably.
New life patterns requires mental and physical adjustment. It took a while (few months) but it works.

You are doing well Mysterie. I believe that most of the things you're through will settle with time.

Take care!
Erik

Diner breakfast with the family and almost a 70 degree day on tap here in PA. Yeah, December! :)

It's Monday, at work. In my break so nothing so positive so far.
In a couple of hours I'll be going to the gym. That's always good!

I'm clean, I have positive plans for tomorrow with a family member I haven't hung out with in ages, and I'm very excited about it!

-dp

^ Woop! Enjoy. ;)
(Btw Erikman, I've been on some of the forums only sporadically, as been poor on time but seriously appreciate and respect your responses to my posts/as well as others (which I didnt have time to respond to_ and see that you are just a really conscientious moderator - which is incredibly admirable. You're good people. <3

Had a great day with my brother I haven't seen in a long time.
Got to go to the Franklin Institute, been so long it was very enjoyful.
I had dinner with family - like us all together - for the first time in probably a year.

This is turning out to be a good holiday (don't quote me because I think it's the first time I've said it! But seriously it's been one of the best so far!)

-dp

It's been a good holiday so far!
I used to feel lonely during Christmas but kept the appearances for my children who love this time of the year.
They get to see their grandparents and cousins who often travel far to be with them.

Besides I'm sober and everything looks different. I remember wishing that every year.
I'm thankful for that.

It's been a good holiday so far!
I used to feel lonely during Christmas but kept the appearances for my children who love this time of the year.
They get to see their grandparents and cousins who often travel far to be with them.

Besides I'm sober and everything looks different. I remember wishing that every year.
I'm thankful for that.

All around it sounds like you got your emotional self in order, your health, and you're going to be able to show that to the family now - and most importantly you will feel better than you ever have!

Happy holidays!

-dp

Thank you dp! I'm working on it.
I do feel much better compared to previous years. Relived as well.

Happy holidays!! :)

Erik