Share Something Positive About You Day vs. Good Things Happen Everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's great NSA. Mine is also doing well, he recently received a nice letter from the school. I'm very proud. :)

^ Woop! Good for you! =D<3

I had a rough, emotional roller-coaster of a day but am SO SO, unbelievably happy to be home and in my 'cave'.=D%)

I'm glad you are home and at ease. Ever since I went to Turkey and stayed in the cave hotels in the "fairy castles" I have a whole new image of "cave".

Last edited:
I'm glad you are home and at ease. Ever since I went to Turkey and stayed in the cave hotels in the "fairy castles" I have a whole new image of "cave".

Good gosh Herby! That's flicking beautiful! I'm so amazed at how you travel, it was one of my hopes long ago to travel like that!

Onow topic I'm grateful for, well right now I'm not sure. No, I'm grateful for BL. If not for this forum, I'm sure I'd be worse off than I am. This place gives me hope, makes me smile, has me tearing up at times (that's hard to do for an opioid user) and overall just helps.

Thank you all for being my lifeline to the world!

My poket of cigerets was too pressed in my pocket and some cigs were destroied. As a result, I'll smoke less :)

My cubes are fruiting and it's a rare UK Shpongle gig in Brixton in a fortnight! I'm excited already, love it when a plan comes together..

<snip>

Glad you're enjoying it - however, we don't allow triggering content in TDS.

Moreaux

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you are managing your routine.
Any ideas or plans on quitting it or using something else?

Hope you are managing your routine.
Any ideas or plans on quitting it or using something else?

Well, the plan is that every time my H is over, Ill wait for the next month to buy more, so that I control it and not let it control me.

you know when dj khaled says "love is the key" that is true. love demands the best in us. was thinking of kinda saying something negative BUT instead took the time to listen and responded with something nice and it was instantly returned. why judge so much ? praise when you can. can't ? be silent, strong in your patience and keep it moving. that negative shit is so wack.

^So true, Joe.<3

Went to see the Stanley Kubrick show at the Jewish Museum in SF yesterday. It was a great show but beyond that I was just loving the city. It was a sparkling, sunny day, tons of people of every stripe crowding the streets and benches, construction and demolition going on side by side everywhere, flocks of pigeons wheeling around and bicycles, cars and pedestrians in that daring urban choreography that is so mind blowing. I could never live in a city again--too attached to leaving my doors unlocked!--but I do love the energy and if I had to pick one, San Francisco would be high on my list.

Joe, Love is the best high.. ;)

Definitely San Francisco is within my favourite cities.
The city surprised me, and did the same effect with some of my friends.
it's a really charming city. I'm very distant from Western US now, but have my memories very alive. <3

Well I have tonight off of work. Most would say that's a good thing, but it's not always the case for me. Like they say; An idle mind is the devil's work. This rings so true to me because when I'm alone and up all night It takes a lot of strength to not get hammered/use other substances. Anyway, tonight I did my grocery shopping for the week so I'm glad I got that done. Did some laundry as well and just gonna relax for the night. Also I'm back with my girl again...maybe not the best choice but dammit, life is fucking short and If I can get the feelings of bliss/happiness, even just temporarily with her, then I'll take it. I'm not one to deprive myself of good feelings. Decided out of the blue to get back with her. Maybe regretted it at first but I'm ok with it..definitely. I still feel a mood lift from the last time we hung out. In summary things are looking pretty good. :)

Have scheduled my first real vacation after two years. I feel ready and more capable to face adversities without thinking about running from my responsibilities. I am no longer punishing myself as I used to. It's been a great year I feel I handling soberness more lightly. 20 months already! =D

I love life today! Getting to go out and enjoy beautiful music with beautiful people last night makes my heart sing. And this evening I get to go celebrate my friend Ruth's birthday with much beer and good friends. And tomorrow my friends psy band are playing here in Cambridge. This weekend I am blessed.

Plus I found this, which is too too funny..

http://www.sunnyskyz.com/blog/119/3...g-Temper-Tantrums-You-Can-t-Help-But-Laugh-At

Have scheduled my first real vacation after two years. I feel ready and more capable to face adversities without thinking about running from my responsibilities. I am no longer punishing myself as I used to. It's been a great year I feel I handling soberness more lightly. 20 months already! =D

Fantastic, Erikmen! <3

@Muzda: I listen to Shpongle a lot when I am going to sleep--I have never seen them live. Must be amazing. The link you posted had me laughing out loud so hard. The "best" temper tantrum I ever saw was my older son when he was two. I had just handed him a peanut butter sandwich to eat on the steps of the back porch. He was a happy little camper just looking at it and deciding where to take the first bite (these things are very important, you know!) when our dog came up and sat beside him and just inhaled the whole sandwich right out of his hand. First he looked mystified then he morphed into some kind of small alien being with flailing arms and legs and gargantuan screams coming from him that seemed far too large for small lungs. He kept wailing, "GIVE IT BACK" to the dog while I was trying to tell him I could just make another one. Then both the dog and I were the focus of his rage, especially when I tried to hand him the new sandwich. He batted it away screaming, "Baby doesn't want that one! He wants him (pointing at the dog) to GIVE IT BACK!" (He went through a phase where he only referred to himself in the third person:)). Meanwhile the dog was thinking, "Holy shit! You mean I actually get TWO sandwiches?" =D

@PerfectDisguise: Good for you for making your way through the uncomfortable hours without getting "hammered". It must have felt good to get chores done. I always tell myself I am going to shop for the whole week but somehow never can plan that far ahead. If your girl makes you feel good-that's a positive thing! Why do you feel it is temporary?

Booked two nights at the omni for the wsp shows and made reservations for the dank brunch they throw on Sunday.

Three nights of panic and then jgb each night as well. Going to be a very nice Halloween weekend:)

We finally had a rain!!! (First moisture for the plants since March.) It is so much nicer to work in the garden when the plants have what they need.

Status
Not open for further replies.